Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2018, 12:00 AM   #1
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Record: 3-5

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute
Default Detroit tourism guide

hello bros. I recently moved to Detroit for work, so I decided to put together a helpful guide for y'all for future reference.

So you want to come to Detroit?

0. No you fucking don't. Don't come to Detroit. Is it as bad as it was? Na. No more packs of roving wild dogs. You won't get shot unless you're being extra dumb. About as likely to get robbed as you are on the east side of Cleveland. But like, go anywhere else in America.

1. Coney Islands are an abomination before god and should be wiped off the face of the Earth. For those of you in civilized cities (read: not the midwest) a Coney Island is born when a really shitty, poorly located burger joint decides to try to steal back some of their clientele from 7/11 by adding hot dogs to the menu. Then, this burger joint realizes that it's impossible to fuck up a hot dog and that drunk people will eat anything, and delete burgers off their menu. Thus, a Coney Island is born.

Now, the actual food item 'coney island' is like an even whiter version of a chili cheese dog. They remove the cheese and flavor, however, and add onions and possible melted beef? I don't know

It is also worth noting that there is a seemingly endless variety of these trash tier menu items. "Michigan hot dog", "the Hungarian dog", a "Jackson style", a "flint style", a "loose burger". Honestly just reads like pressing 'random article' on Urban Dictionary.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE PERSUADED TO EAT AT ONCE OF THESE PLACES. ALL OF THE FOOD IS SHIT

2. Holy fucking shit are the potholes bad. This is an old meme. I drive a 1997 Mazda Miata setup for track days with a metric dick ton of chassis stiffeners, and I have never hated a commute more. You will regret upgrading your rental, just get a miserable shitbox with a suspension softer than the pope's dick.

3. Ohio travel notice. Don't go to Ohio, unless you can marathon it south to fauxHio, aka the mountains. Ohio is a big grid of sadness that will consume your soul.

4. Midwestern girls are clapped out, avoid. Self-explanatory

5. Sightseeing Honestly there is probably some cool shit, but do this other thing instead. There are rideshare electric scooters you can rent with an app for like $0.10 a minute, they probably go 15-20mph. Get some bros together, rent one close to the riverfront, and go on a drinking tour of downtown. Don't even bother googling landmarks or museums or any of that stupid shit. Rent a scooter. Get drunk. IRL Mario kart race down the streets and sidewalks of Detroit. Just keep googling breweries and bars until you're so drunk you need to Uber home, so you can lie in your bathroom floor on the precipice of puking for an hour, but actually just absorb the alcohol into your entire body so that you feel like death the next day.

Enjoy Detroit :)

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Split Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

There’s work in Detroit?

Lmao@the first point
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
There’s work in Detroit?
lol

Maybe he works at the unemployment office.
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #4
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Meth houses hiring lab technicians.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:53 PM   #5
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Record: 3-5

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

yo someone's gotta buy all that sudafed. but yeah there's actually a shit ton of work bc auto/ manufacturing industry

mods close thread

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Split Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:02 PM   #6
cac lover
Banned

Accomplishments
-eating white dick

cac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant future

Detroit gave us Royce and the sslp,mmlp n tes

Props to the motor city....
cac lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:40 PM   #7
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Mods pls
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #8
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

yo those scooters make any city fun af

are u saying you're not that likely to get robbed in east cleveland? or partly likely

please do one for your time in ohio
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:21 PM   #9
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Hello