Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 05-05-2018, 11:26 PM   #1
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future
Default You asked for it... "Hear Of Stone" (Instrumental)

https://soundcloud.com/infinitythare...e-instrumental
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:44 PM   #2
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i like it, though it feels a little empty in the verse. maybe a hihat pattern? that the problem with slow beats is connecting the drums up so you get that double time head nod. but word id try some hats/shakers or something to link it together, maybe keep em simple the first 8 bars or so and then speed em up and get funky the second 8 when you got the bass and other elements going and have em drop out for the hook

i dig this though how you did the sample and shit
Old 05-06-2018, 12:11 AM   #3
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

actually i dunno i listened in headphones again and it seems full enough with the percussion. this is just ridiculously slow. like 48 bpm. i know alot of people do the double time shit now, where they'll make a beat at 140 bpm but its really 70 bpm. like its half that they just do it in double because its better to program trap drums and shit like that

but word this is like 96 bpm DOUBLE timed lmao. i've done regular beats at that tempo

im sure with the right emcee it would be fine but word it just stands out as really slow. all that said i fuck with the sample flip though you did your thing
Old 05-06-2018, 12:14 AM   #4
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

I didn't like how it started so rough, So I went back. I flipped the sample again at the end to add length and FLAVA. But I also added bass throughout the whole beat this time. There's no real parts that aren't balanced now in my head. I need to get better at the EQ shit tho. Shit still sounds muddled.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:17 AM   #5
Cred
The Biggest

Battle Record: 67-32

Accomplishments
- Gun Bar King

Champed
- Fight Night 3
- Fight Night 10
- Fight Night 12
- Battle Arena League

Cred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond reputeCred has a reputation beyond repute

Im fuckin wit it
Cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:31 AM   #6
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
actually i dunno i listened in headphones again and it seems full enough with the percussion. this is just ridiculously slow. like 48 bpm. i know alot of people do the double time shit now, where they'll make a beat at 140 bpm but its really 70 bpm. like its half that they just do it in double because its better to program trap drums and shit like that

but word this is like 96 bpm DOUBLE timed lmao. i've done regular beats at that tempo

im sure with the right emcee it would be fine but word it just stands out as really slow. all that said i fuck with the sample flip though you did your thing
i couldn't pitch it. I had to make sure the sample was the original key otherwise the melody and the sample got too scratchy. I've been trying to do some different shit. This is my most recent.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:48 AM   #7
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

See this is dope, I love you finny
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:52 AM   #8
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Enjoyed it
Old 05-06-2018, 08:31 AM   #9
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Tha rellik View Post
i couldn't pitch it. I had to make sure the sample was the original key otherwise the melody and the sample got too scratchy. I've been trying to do some different shit. This is my most recent.
word no doubt i figured as much. FL has its ways of doing it but it still comes off wonky if sped up too much, espescially with singing. and i think you gotta time stretch it too, to be able to do it the fl way. one way of doing it without time stretching individual chops is to arrange your patterns at the original bpm, than chop your own loop and time stretch the whole loop. the FL timestretch has "resample" which basically changes the pitch of it in relation to how sped up or slowed down, but if you use the tonal option it will keep the original pitch

i know you're a reason guy but just throwing more tools at your creative toolbox. i retired the mpc but still keep the software because i like some features from it so i'll use it to do certain things that i can bring into FL.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #10
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Liked it, do agree...it seems slow though...but I'm purely text so comments from me ain't really warranted...I wouldn't know how to ride a beat if
shit was served up to me on an audio ass platter...so kudos.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:10 AM   #11
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

This was fire.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:35 AM   #12
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

47 is the natural tempo. If you twice that it's 94. That's a good tempo for rapping. If you maintain the flow steady it makes it sound quicker.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:57 PM   #13
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

needs more

snare seems awkward during the verse

cool idea tho like the sample
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:06 AM   #14
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity Tha rellik View Post
perfect

Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:30 PM   #15
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Thanks for the looks, y'all.

Tags
fin more views den aero