- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation
Default FINALS Mag

[Intro: Genesis]

26 total battlers over 8 regular and 3 playoff weeks. A formula that sounds dangerously close to providing repetition and boredom, but it spawned some of the most memorable, funny, and all-around dope battles and lines that this site has seen in awhile. This season could not have existed and thrived without all 26 of you, so thank you all, and congrats on building one of the best pieces of this site’s archives.

[Reviews]

Playoff Round 1: 1. Zuch vs 8. Wanderer

Fresh off a narrow win in the play-in, Wanderer looked all but eliminated at the start of week eight and he clearly walked in with something to prove. I’d say he proved it here by keeping things reasonably close. Despite being British, he really doesn’t seem to have that stereotypical, Don’t Flop-y jokey style that honestly could help in pic battles, but he managed to stay true to his style with his twins/chest out bar. Even got a shoutout from Zuch with his opener. Zuch more or less tried to roast him and seemed to only take it by being funnier. Wanderer may just beat Zuch in a reg battle, but with your pic and your opponent’s pic right there, having the funnier verse goes the long way. This is a league where even the people who are actually about that life, like Hush, are posting pics of themself playing cornhole. Zuch was downright funny while clowning Wanderer’s features and takes a justifiable dub by decision.

Playoff Round 2: 1. Zuch vs 4. UserName

I’ve been saying it a lot this season, but the reason Zuch and User have had their level of success is their ability to focus on obvious targets from angles you’d never expect. A season of being the punching bag for nose and fat lines really came to a head here in the best way possible. This really came down to taste and closed 6-4 with good cause. User’s verse really made good use of his own weight with the weight and bridge lines, which is one of the best ways to keep things fresh I can imagine - of course it’s relevant when it’s referencing the battle thread. Zuch kept things meta with his just above .500 bar. If you pay attention to my reviews, you know I’m a sucker for pic references playing into personal angles and this bar leaned me. Zuch manages to get just enough votes with either a voter’s favorite line or having juuuust one more quote.

Playoff Round 2: 2. evaD vs 6. Destroyer

This one was somewhat disappointing considering the body of work both Dave and Des had presented this season, especially with Destroyer’s verse against Resin the week before. Neither verse was particularly bad, either, but they both really lacked a haymaker. Dave took it comfortably for me, with his opener and Runs in the Family bars being the strongest, but Des manages to avoid a KO for good reason. It was close, but it seemed like Des had jokes about the scenery and objects that didn’t connect the same way Dave’s lines about Des did. Dave manages a convincing win, but he’ll need more than that this week.

[Playoff Roundtable Finale]

Dave
Top iLL

First off all, congrats on finishing out the season. How do you think you did?

Pretty good I think. One loss v Zuch but I don’t think I did great in that battle

Fantastic.

What do you think was your best showing of the season?

Maybe vs bomb bard in reg season

When I buried Asverse

How do you feel the season went as a whole (or at least the part you were active for)?

I found it real fun to be involved in. Moderating was on point and there was a solid group who showed up and funny pics to roast

You’re a beast of a mod. League was smooth.

Who’s verses did you like to read? Did anyone surprise you? Is there anyone you wish participated more (or at all)?

Zuch/User always comedy would’ve been cool if Blue stayed in longer his verse against bomb bars was hilarious

Zuch, considering that’s who I am

Is there anyone you wish you could’ve battled? Any matchups you wish could have happened?

User / Blue & Resin I need revenge on

User for a round 2.

Anyone stand out to you in a negative way? Talk your shit if you want.

Cus d’amato

@Blue is a faggot and he’s gonna catch these hands.

Who do you think has the best chance to win the playoff tournament?

Me

We are all winners

The topical tournament is starting up but nothing is coming on the battle front. What, if anything, would you like to see next in Netcees battle scene?

Alias tag or something. Idk anything pic themed is more entertaining to me

Tag tourney

[Playoff Top Punches]

UserName
Vs Zuch
But Zuch’s crafty, this pandemic won’t stop him y’all
His Covid test is the dipstick from a Honda and a bag of cotton balls
And while that nose is HUGE... We’ve all clowned it previously
One walk across a bridge that size, and I’d drop 50 pounds immediately

Vs FGR
So you’re the fatty of the bunch, eating every burrito you pass
Looking like they re-made The Town, and paid the cast in Cheeto’s and Pabst

evaD
Vs Destroyer
Zoom in and have a look - you can see the naps he hasn’t took
Cuz that’s the worst case of pupils in bags seen since Sandy Hook

Vs Bomb Bard
Ugly boy with expensive toys, just a desperation for coolness
Sure you can be a Skipper of that boat, but not of generational baldness
Yo his life ends if this guy spends another day on the ribeye cleanse
If someone said he’s the picture of health then it must’ve been shot through a fish-eye lens

Wanderer
Vs Zuch
An ugly neck in a snow white hoodie but u a killer, no question dork
Cos I see a witch with a rosey apple & only 3 of the 7 dwarves
Left dude MUST be ur brother! Pic shows how I’ll mount an attack
Cos i’m gonna put twins to the front that’ll leave a chest hanging out at the back

Zuch
Vs UserName
Christ you’re large, straight out the cattle sector
You’re hovering just above 500, and I’m not talking bout your battle record
I’m not gonna go easy on you, it’s a FACT I’m the flyest
I’m going straight for the neck, and thanks to those beads I might actually find it
For you this is lose/lose, must be your first time on a booze cruise
First lime, first cranberry, probably first time touching anything in that food group

Vs Wanderer
That tiny ass frame is as slim as it gets son
It must suck when a girl wants to see your baby arm and you gotta ask her “which one?”
You’re handsome, bitches love you, Wand’s a legitimate pro figure
I’m talking shit, I’ll say anything if it’s gonna get that head to grow bigger

Destroyer
Vs evaD
I know where u from y’all drive on the wrong side of the road
But it also looks like u have a bulb out...there on the tip of ur nose

Vs Resin M-I-C
Could u come with a weaker pic? This is playoffs. I’m posed to kill.
I guess if I look really hard I can see a bar like all ur dickriding voters will
res a married man for sure. Looking miserable w/ too much wood
but when u prayed to god for “just a little head,” it looks like he misunderstood

[Roast Review]
[User]

Evad:
Ima title that haircut the ‘what Tyson dealt Evander’
Asked for a super low fade and got shaped up with a belt sander
When it comes to beard volume yo this guy dont fuck around
If the hairs on his neck stood up then all five of them would touch the ground
Posing all hard.. we can see ur not boy
Punch either one of those cheeks n it’ll make the same noise as a dog toy

Adverse:
Always running his mouth, but we’ll never see him get the chrome clip n load it
Makes sense dude Barc Bigger than his bite - he looks like a bloated Cronus
You can tell winter is coming the way my guy storing fat in his cheeks
I guess time really does fly, we just watched Quiz’s son grow up in a matter of weeks

Wanderer:
U don’t intimidate holders my son. Nobody gon’ fold at this bum
Funny they call u Clay coz it look like ur face been moulded from some
anyone judging u says ur a noob to fuckin dismantle
Had to stand beside that wall just to be huge in front of a panel
Those lobes are truly massive so dont’ think this guy so fortunate
If a piercer asks him where he wants ear studs he’s gotta provide co-ordinates

Mac:
what is this fool tryin to be? acting up all mean
of course he's a Rockstar G; dressed up as Bully for halloween

Vulgar:
Your eyes say 'dad never loved me and I never got any presents'
but your right cheek says 'mom hit me with a scalding frying pan when I was 7'
Kid's a lesbo. No more drag-racing until this shit is settled
Split this fellow - dude looks like a more plump Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal

Fairly strong showing from most of you guys, Mac was probably the weakest of the one's quoted, but I loved the accuracy of the Bully concept. And Elfo, you're just not even really trying, so I didnt bother quoting you at all. Vulgar, really enjoyed the flow throughout, I love a good rhyme scheme that doesnt sacrifice flow for content. Some of your ideas were a bit too far fetched, ICP didn't work, etc.
This comes down to Dave and Wanderer, really. Adverse, Cronus and Quiz lines were strong, everything else just missed the mark OR had a big drop off due to your wording for me. Wanderer, this is just a roast but I think you may have dropped your most consistent verse of the season, lol. Even the stuff I didn't quote wasn't outright terrible, I think you're definitely getting better at these pic battles, and that's a testament to not giving up and taking the criticism's well. Clay was probably my favorite from you, coordinates being a close runner up. Evad, dog toy line was hilarious. The other's I quoted were good, but the imagery of the dog toy line just stuck with me. Nice verse, well done all around.

Overall, Wanderer's taking this one to me. It was actually pretty close between him and Dave. Ad/Vulgar, you guys probably grabbed third place, if it's any consolation. But yeah, I thought Wanderer's verse was funny and creative throughout, and overall a real good showing, enough to win for the roast.

[Season Highlights]

The Battles (no order):

1. Blue defeats Hush one of the closest battles of the year to become the first champ of the NPL. This, by all accounts, was easily the battle of the season and re-reading it a month later I still think it could have gone either way.

2. UserName and Resin clash in the most refreshing ways - clever takes on well established personals. Laughs abound.

3. Da GAWD UHOH blesses us with a diss track about bags.

4. Zuch drops two verses in his own battle as himself and his alter ego, TOP iLL, creating some heavily memorable lines

5. Hush vs User is the smoothest 14 line battle you will ever read.

I miss any? Bitch at me in the comments.

The Battlers:

Hush surprised everyone, me included, with his consistent participation in the league, seemling raising the bar each week, peaking in one of the best champ matches I’ve hosted. We’ve always known he can drop dope, but to see someone put on a clinic for 7 weeks in a row is a rare sight for 2020.

Not to put them in a block because they make up 3 of the top 4 seeded battlers, but this season really saw the rise of the UPN heads as Zuch, Dave, and User managed a trio of impressive runs, leaving two of them as contenders for the season champ belt. We’re not really a ‘so-and-so’s a whatever head’ community anymore (one culture) but having 3 of the season’s best just appear on a whim is something special

Always one to make an impression, Barcotic blesses us with the lolbarc moment of this season in his inspired coattails line. It’s no three ingredients curry (which google docs likes to remind me is very grammatically incorrect), but 2020’s been a rough year for everyone. Those of us (read: no one) really missing Barc experienced elation the likes of which we don’t deserve in the emergence of his successor pro tempore: Quiz. While Barc denies a connection, Quiz brought a familiar style that peaked 10 years ago and the familiar demeanor that can’t quite accept it. You could be forgiven thinking they’re the same.

While the league featured a handful of people who rarely pic battle (including yours truly), the standouts had to be Wanderer, Adverse, and Mac, all of whom made noticeable improvements over the season: Wanderer with concept selection, Mac with wording, and Adverse with - for lack of a better way to put it - playing to the voters’ preferences. I’m sure you’ll see more from them soon.

Destroyer is the sportsman of the season, riding out all 8 weeks and 2 rounds of playoffs unable to see votes against him after week 2.

The modding equivalent of a hidden track at the end of a CD, FGR, made a statement in the Adverse vs TOP iLL showdown week 8 in one of the funniest displays of mod power I’ve ever seen. The moral of the story is really just that this hobby’s been around since Corleone invented text boards back in ‘92 and we still don’t understand what a sway is.

Playoffs always a slow drag? Battles extended a week? Holiday weekend? Even for the union one? Not on Sharp’s watch. 3 battles with 36 hour extensions apparently sent our intrepid mod into panic mode, triggering a shift in the playoffs from mass extension to mass extinction on what I’m sure will forever not be known as Black Saturday. RIP having more than 2 battles in a round.

And fucking somehow, Spree had not one, not two, but eight pictures of him with/near lobsters on deck for this season.

[Memes]

I thought this pic was going to be it for memes this season:

And then votes were just a little too slow for Zuch, User, and Dave.

Enjoy

[Season Champ Match Analysis: The End]

Well, it’s come to this. The number 1 and 2 seeds, models of consistency with an attendance record of Cal Ripken, square off in a rematch of the week 7 champ match.

And they fucking dropped before the mag.

Fuck you guys.

Zuch has been the single biggest name in this site’s battle scene since Covid resurrected his career. With two losses total being to Neighbor in the SC finals and the unstoppable force that is Resin, he’s been a dominant force that’s almost impossible to bet against. His style is true to UPN form, clever roasts with crisp wording. If pressed, I think Zuch may have dropped the most memorable lines this past season. I know I remember a lot, but I could probably pull a quote from 5 of his 8 battles off the cuff pretty easily. This whole package is boosted by finding a level of meanness that’s only surpassed by the likes of Hush and Resin. Basically, if you’re battling Zuch, it’s a given that you’ll need haymakers to stay competitive.

Dave is consistently personified. If I had to make a sweeping generalization about him based on his performance this season, I would assume he generally shows up to social gatherings five minutes early. Him showing is a given. Him showing with a certain number of quotes is another given. Despite not always having the flashy, ‘Oh, yeah, that’s a top punch’ kind of verse, you don’t see a lot of bad lines from the guy. Despite hanging on the hit-or-miss style of humor, they seem to have a baseline of ‘Ok’ and a high ceiling. If I had to make one complaint about the guy, it’s that the ceiling may not be high enough for the highest level of battle.

Despite what I just wrote, I expect it to be close. Dave could easily compete, if not take it, by adjusting his style a hair to focus on wording. Bars like his ‘runs in the family’ line last week are right where they need to be conceptually but the delivery is something out of a Marx brothers movie. Funny, but not mean enough. I expect both to have the right concepts, but the wording and delivery will be this season’s kingmaker.

Good luck to both.

Peace
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:16 PM   #2
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

thanks to @Destroyer for the music
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:51 AM   #3
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

good mag
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:07 AM   #4
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

U are stellar
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:51 AM   #5
Bomb Bard
FUCK YOU

Battle Record: 7-9

Bomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant futureBomb Bard has a brilliant future

Dope
Bomb Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:08 PM   #6
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

I already bodied that sexually confused Norwegian @TOP iLL ... Fukton Reid in The Butterfly Effect motherfucker

Amazing job as always @Sharp ... You da man, sorry I couldn't finish the season

Some great reads this year
-kungfugrip
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:52 PM   #7
TOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO
I <3 girls an good at sex

Battle Record: 4-4

TOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO has a brilliant futureTOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO has a brilliant futureTOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO has a brilliant futureTOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO has a brilliant futureTOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO has a brilliant futureTOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO has a brilliant futureTOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO has a brilliant futureTOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO has a brilliant futureTOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO has a brilliant futureTOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO has a brilliant futureTOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
I already bodied that sexually confused Norwegian @TOP iLL ... Fukton Reid in The Butterfly Effect motherfucker

Amazing job as always @Sharp ... You da man, sorry I couldn't finish the season

Some great reads this year

Keep my name out of your mouth.

You’re poking a giant.
Old 09-22-2020, 03:54 PM   #8
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO View Post

You’re poking a giant.
What makes you think I won't cutchu?!
-kungfugrip
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:02 PM   #9
Barcotic
Needs no introduction

Battle Record: 29-31

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Survivor Tournament
- Pros vs. Joes
- Key Grand Prix
- Fight Night XX
- NBL Tag Team
- NBL Picture League
- Battle Arena
- Battle Arena Pics
- BA Tag Team (2x)
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)
- BAL Battle Royale
- NPL Roast

Barcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant futureBarcotic has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP iLL DRAGSTER TWO View Post

You’re poking a giant.
I've seen that fat kid's insta
Most ur pics are on google images loolll

So who r u really?
Old 09-22-2020, 07:21 PM   #10
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

Why have you seen that boys Instagram ?
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:48 PM   #11
UPN Zuch
Spoiled brat

Battle Record: 25-3

Champed
- Now Or Never 2020
- Netcees Pic League
- NPL Season I
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season XV

UPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant future

Mag is ridiculous fire
Or pull up to ya doorstep...I’m on ya porch wavin like polite neighbors/
UPN Zuch is offline   Reply With Quote