Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > Art of Writing League Season X > AOWL Season X Archieves
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 06-14-2022, 01:02 PM   #1
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future
Default WEEK TEN MAG: MANPOEM WARS: REVENGE OF THE DICKED

https://ibb.co/Qbf6M7w][/url]

INTRODUCTION:
WELL LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I was ready to give up on this league, throw the pieces of what was left into the wind and let Mother Nature iron out the rest. But as I went to do so, I paused as the wind seemingly tapped me on the shoulder. What was that? A song? A whisper? It was so familiar.

Then I caught the whiff. The unmistakable aroma, in my nostril, lingering, like the crack head parked next to the 7-11 Redbox. It was life, it was death, it was everything. It was DRAMA.

Drama whisked the decaying corpse of Season Ten onto its gargantuan shoulders and hoisted it into the heavens. Who knew the saving grace of our manpoetry competition would be a little bit of negativity. There’s been a lot of controversy surrounding Eviction’s claiming of the crown vs NYC last week, it prompted some new sign ins, some pots being stirred and most of all some hate being invigorated. So buckle up, my wee companions, we may be in for a turbulent ride as we spiral towards the last few weeks of competition before the playoffs.

WEEK NINE REVIEWS:

CHAMP MATCH: EVICTION VS NYCSPITZ

We may as well start with the drama starter, this battle was everything a championship match should have been and honestly most voters had it being super close. Eviction was in top form here, he didn’t really break any molds with his verse but as we’ve said before in this mag, he’s got such a knack for telling personal stories and hitting you right where it hurts (your emotional testicles) he does a good job of not pushing the envelope too far as to not fall out of his comfort zone, he’s developed a niche and can really take hold of it. NYC appeared to stumble a tad bit here, he still had a great verse but I believe he either underestimated Eviction or didn’t have the time he had against Frank a couple weeks ago, whatever the case be he told a well put together story with a wonderful ending. Voters just felt like he was out written here and I agree. But I would love to see a rematch of these two later on (perhaps the playoffs will give us one) with that being said.
RESULT: EVICTION WINS 3-0

CONTENDERS MATCH: BROKENHAL0 vs FRANK

After a mere week of being a mortal without a Contenders or championship bout, Frank returned in a strong way against Season Nine champion Brokenhal0 who has wrote some impressive pieces but has yet to make the same splash he made in last years playoffs. That being said I thought his verse this week was immaculate, it was chaotic but the storyline of somebody’s very mentality breaking fit the abstract style Hal0 brings to the table, the imagery was great and the ending was really good in my book. Kind of gave me ‘Last Night in Soho’ vibes but it might be because the main character in that film was named Eloise as well? No matter I thought the piece was still fantastic. I know I had my shit with Frank last week but I enjoyed his verse this week and think of him as a very talented writer, he told a more grounded in reality narrative that was focused on a rape that happened on a college campus and the legal process following it. Invoked decent imagery, and really showed human emotion as well as his usual poetic prowess. 3/4 voters thought he took it here and that’s how it is.
RESULT: FRANK WINS 3-1

TIMELESS VS MASTER ROCK

This one wasn’t the slobber knocker it perhaps could have been. Master Rock continued to have his woes with not having much time to write (I appreciate him for showing at all but I really wish he had the time to dedicate to writing as we could see what he could make of himself) Timeless had a decent showing himself but was kind of pigeonholed into writing the same narrative as he had the week before because of a “to be continued” promise he tacked onto his verse in Week Eight. Overall Timeless had the more creative, more fleshed out verse and he grabbed the W here
RESULT: TIMELESS WINS 4-0

Lol I kid, Master Rock.

WEEK NINE NO SHOW SHINE

Shout to Mike Wrecka in his no show victory against Objective. Show him some love.

Plunging to my death, towards the ocean floor, something I regret, leaves emotions raw,
russian roulette, on these coastal shores, until someone I met , left me with open sores,
tried to connect , better yet, stay afloat, explore! but plummeted into the depths of debt , in a breath , hopeless, poor,
needed to focus, score, but provoked a war ,after every sunset when I awoke ignored ,
If pressed I will confess we should have spoken more, but opportunities never opened, like a broken drawer ,
love is deep at its core like where hemoglobins stored , but we were stuck on the surface, of an ice covered lake with a frozen oar, surrounded by floating orbs , wearing cloaks and swords holding ropes with claws on an ethiopian boat abroad

Wait

This is a putrid scene, it cant be as it seems, awake from this lucid dream to the sound of my muted screams,
surrounded by translucent fiends , it would be prudent to retreat, but fluid is included and congruent to my feet, there’s movement in my sheets, I assume it is a beast , soon I’m consumed by something looming with its teeth,

What

I was still asleep but now I’m safe in my bed, but why am I swimming when I should be pacing instead, the comfort of my comforter has me chasing a thread, as it moves with the tide im embracing the dread, I’m in a lake and I’m dead, my eulogy’s read, so now I can finally rest my head but instead

Wake up on my couch, in my house my home,
no weirdness no creatures , just me and my spouse alone,
god she’s so beautiful , soon her blouse is thrown ,
our love is a cocoon where no doubts are grown ,
this passion is a path leading to routes unknown ,
And just when shes about to moan,
I’m quickly surrounded by a thousand clones, of Al Capone with clowns and drones and cows on phones

Am I awake or am I dreaming, am I dead or alive,
The best way to see the truth is with closed eyes

POWER RANKINGS:

#1 EVICTION
LAST WEEK’S RANK: #3

Mr. Netcees most hated in the flesh! Eviction rightfully has the number one spot this week after taking down NYC in the championship match last week. Everybody who’s anybody is gunning for his head and determined to make his reign a short one. Frank is his opponent this week and we shall see what happens. For now Evic is basking in the spotlight and who could blame him?

#2 FRANK
LAST WEEK: #3

Yeah me and Frank had our differences last week and I couldn’t have been more petty about it. I have him sneaking past NYC in the rankings since he won his contender match and Spitz lost the champ match, but these guys are pretty neck and neck as far as talent goes. Frank has the tall order of taking on Eviction this week in the championship match, it will be fascinating to see how it shakes it out. Will Frank be holding the belt at the end of the week? I suppose we will find out.

#3 NYCSPITZ
Last Week: #1

While I believe personally that NYC simply underestimated Eviction and lost on account of a fluke, he still slid down the ranking because of it. Let’s be real, this isn’t the last you’ve heard of NY, he’ll be back in the mix soon. So long as he avoids a back to back fluke with Pharaohs Army eyeing him this week. It’s a crazy world, who knows what will happen?

#4 TIMELESS
Last Week: #5

Timeless is a solid writer, and though his record hasn’t really reflected that this season he’s got a couple of quality wins in a row (vs myself and Master Rock) he seems to be hitting his stride now and telling more complete stories, I do wish he would step away from this continuous story he’s telling I think it would suit him better. But I’m sure he’ll eventually get done with it, Mike won’t be the easiest opponent this week so we’ll see how he handles it.

#5 dead man
Last Week: -

That’s right he just signed in and already is in the power rankings. Do you not know who he is?! Having him number five is actually sort of disrespectful given his track record and legacy. But since he has no wins under his belt as of yet I decided to put him here. Black breathes this shit, it’s as easy as that for him. He’s going to come in here and make an immediate impact and that’s all the reason he needs to get a spot in the power rankings.

upload

INTERVIEW WITH EVICTION:

Everyone give a warm welcome to the Netcee of the hour, Mr. Eviction! Thanks for meeting me in cyberspace to answer a few questions this evening.

Let’s get started

1. Congratulations on champing Week Nine of the AOWL SEASON TEN first of all. Your ascent into kingship was met with a lot of scrutiny from people like Lars and NYC. Why do you think that is?

I don’t believe lars had anything to say other than I dicked NYC, I didn’t take that as him saying I robbed him, NYC is just mad he lost, maybe he didn’t try but that was his own fault, that can happen when you take your opponent lightly you get caught up, also I think as more and more people learn out who I am there’s going to be more hate to come, most people know I’m dia but most people don’t and I do have a dicey past on here.

2. Your style is a super grounded one, it avoids abstract situations and gives us more human stories with all the feeling you’d expect in one (as I described, being punched in the emotional testicles) where do you draw inspiration for your writing? Personal experiences ? The world you see around you?

Yea from personal experience or from what I seen, sometimes my characters are completely made up and the situation, I find if I write from a more personal tone I lose focus because not everyone can relate

3. I know this isn’t your homesite, is this the first league you’ve ever champed on the web? If not where does it rank on your list of accomplishments?

I champed the topical league on RR, held one of their league titles, not the season one though, was also a ppv champ from the text diss side of things but I don’t consider that my specialty, champed on urbanflows a few things ( text, topical, graphics, horrorcore, and a league title, was actually their last champ before the league shut down ) I think this is my most consistent of any season anywhere.

4. What is your origin story? How long have you been doing this? What got you into manpoetry?

Been doing this since 02/03, I used to say poetry was gay as fuck and I champed everything except poetry that’s what I would always say, then I started writing and I liked it better than everything else, originally started doing graphics I also battled on msn groups way before these kind of forums, I met point blank from there and he got me into the sites like RB, also I mean my real name is censored on the site so I’m forced to use eviction, I asked for it back but apparently it’s fucked.

5. Who are some of your favorite writers? Whether that be on the internet, or a musician or authors in general?

As far as musicians I’m a bit of a hillbilly, I like ryan upchurch, adam calhoun, jelly roll, hard target, all the people in that lane, you might call it country rap, but I just call it rap, other than that hopsin, tech n9ne favorite writers, uh I don’t know really, frank and dominate seem to be on point frank has some crazy rhyme schemes but the panning needs to go.

6. You like your chances this week against Frank? If he can’t beat you then who do you see as your biggest threat? Dead man? Lars? NYC? 2pacs hologram? Jesus of Nazareth?

My chances of beating frank are better than the chance of NYC getting over his loss, I don’t see any threats I think if I can beat frank it will ride me till the end of the playoffs, I beat all of the threats I considered when I first signed up, I don’t care if they didn’t try or not they probably didn’t, but all I see is the W! ALSO tupac don’t want no smoke.

7. Anything else you’d like to say to your naysayers? Supporters? Your pet goldfish?

Fuck the haters, no one said shit until they learning who I am, supporters? Ricky you was a smelly piece of shit but RIP.

Thanks for your time man and good luck this week

WEEK ELEVEN PREVIEWS:

CHAMP MATCH: FRANK (4-1) vs EVICTION (7-1)

This is probably the most interesting matchup on paper and will most likely be our battle of the week. I think the topic can be interpreted in a way that will make both emcees comfortable stylistically, and also there’s a lot to prove on both sides here, mainly for Eviction who has been unabashedly bashed ever since he picked his first AOWL championship via a win against NYCSPITZ. That kind of criticism can either make you or break you and I’m sure Eviction is out to prove all of Netcees wrong, but at the same time he’ll have to get past the sheer power of Frank’s writing, he’s a veteran and is very technically sound. He’s been showing up this season and even his one loss was only by a single vote. I want to roll with the underdog here but I’d say save money is on Frank. We will see though.
PREDICTION: FRANK WINS 60/40

CONTENDERS: TIMELESS (3-3) vs MIKE WRECKA (2-1)

This might not be the most exciting contenders match in the world if you judge only by records but both of these guys are on the upswing and are both veterans, they’ve been here before and will be here again. I think there’s no real front runner here as the two of them are pretty evenly matched. Timeless had a hard time early in the season finding his footing but has won two in a row and is looking to keep it rolling, Mike has had an up and down season but has managed to get two wins and like I said he’s a veteran that can turn on the jets at any point. The topic is also up for interpretation, is she lifting the giant piece, is she going to be crushed? Idk but I can’t wait to see how these two interpret it. As it stands I can’t pick a winner.
PREDICTION: SPLIT 50/50

PHARAOHS ARMY (0-1) vs NYCSPITZ (4-1)

Oof. Pharaoh’s first week back and I kind of fed him to the wolves here for the sake of keeping matchups fresh. But who’s to say he doesn’t pull off the upset? This is the same PA that upset dead man in the GWL a couple of years ago. Pharaoh’s biggest problem is that he doesn’t always vibe with the topic and therefore doesn’t write to the best of his ability. NYC on the other hand has had five straight weeks of showing us what he’s capable of, he’s champed the league, and ultimately fell short of retaining the belt last week to Eviction, he said dead man joining will make him write to his full potential (what the fuck was he writing at before?) that being said I wouldn’t want to be PA this week, but like I said don’t write him off just yet. In my opinion though;
PREDICTION: NYC WINS 70/30

INNO (0-0) vs BROKENHAL0 (4-4)

This is a good matchup in my opinion, Hal0 hasn’t had a great season, it’s been a bit of a roller coaster ride actually especially following up Season Nine in which he champed the entirety of. He’s shown a lot of bright spots and his most commendable aspects are his imagery and his abstract style that brings life to such vivid scenery that you can’t just conjure up in your mind alone. I believe Inno participated a little bit last season as well but didn’t make much of an impact, but that doesn’t change the fact that his name would probably pop up somewhere on the Netcees Hall of Fame. He’s very good at bringing a story to life with humanized characters and sympathetic emotions. We’ll see what he brings after his hiatus , right now I’d take Hal0
PREDICTION: BROKENHAL0 WINS 56/44

SINACOG (0-3) vs CANDY (2-6) vs ADVERSE (2-3)

This isn’t the first three way Candy and Cog have been involved in this season (giggidy) Timeless was involved in the last event that saw Sinacog be disqualified for relating absolutely nothing in his verse to the topic given. Candy hasn’t been on a roll or anything, but he has shown some potential, if he’d get out of his bubble and start bringing some of his Cereal writing back he could champ this league and crush the competition under his thumb, but Candy and Cog are similar in that way. Were once on top of their game and then gave it up to write more....(elaborate?) Pieces. This Adverse guy is a chump so if they can find a way to defeat each other then one or the other will win. Maybe? I don’t know.
PREDICTION: EVERYONE HAS FUN!!

MASTER ROCK (4-5) vs ASYLUM (0-0)

Asylum is a name that’s more like a folklore to me. Pops up every once in awhile, signs in and then doesn’t show. As far as I know the dude is talented but I’ve never really read anything from him to confirm that statement. Rock has been his own greatest enemy this season, not giving himself the time or space needed to Cook up something magnificent. Hopefully he can find some time to blow us away this week, if not I think more likely than not he’ll win this one just by showing up.
PREDICTION: MASTER ROCK WINS VIA NS

Have a great week y’all and remember if someone gets their jugular cut this week over manpoetry, it’s for he culture!
Old 06-14-2022, 01:16 PM   #2
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

is this interview done?

Old 06-14-2022, 02:48 PM   #3
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Cool mag. Candy is Cereal Killa? Wtf
Old 06-14-2022, 10:23 PM   #4
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Super dope mag!!! Madd props!

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 06-15-2022, 10:32 PM   #5
Eviction
Detained

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

when is our pic topic gonna be amber heard.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:52 PM   #6
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post
Cool mag. Candy is Cereal Killa? Wtf
respect yeh lol
Old 06-16-2022, 06:26 AM   #7
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviction View Post
when is our pic topic gonna be amber heard.
So I'm guessing you already wrote a verse for Amber Heard?

Last edited by Master Rock; 06-16-2022 at 07:54 AM.
Old 06-16-2022, 07:55 AM   #8
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Or you could go the universe route and just incorporate it into whatever topic you're given. Universe is known to put things inside a Topic that don't relate but make it relate somehow

Old 06-16-2022, 09:35 AM   #9
Eviction
Detained

everything I write could turn into a amber herd verse
Old 06-16-2022, 07:10 PM   #10
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Dope mag man good to be back
Old 06-16-2022, 09:53 PM   #11
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Dope mag. Lmao @ revenge of the dicked
Old 06-19-2022, 07:10 AM   #12
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

props

Tags
happy fathers day, thanks for the motivation