Old 03-21-2018, 10:31 AM   #101
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

I heard dream catcher gives people nightmares

Anyone every heard that?
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:54 AM   #102
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Nah. Do you mean the native american tribal things you are supposed to hang over your head while you sleep or an actual book?
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #103
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

lol yea I think the dream catcher net or whatever is posed to catch the bad dreams or evil spirits that enter your dreams and capture them so they cant get u etc lmao

if u mean the book by Stephen king I mean have u not seen the movie where my guy shits an alien out his butthole? LMFAO if that type shit is scary to u then maybe be cautious.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #104
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
lol yea I think the dream catcher net or whatever is posed to catch the bad dreams or evil spirits that enter your dreams and capture them so they cant get u etc lmao

if u mean the book by Stephen king I mean have u not seen the movie where my guy shits an alien out his butthole? LMFAO if that type shit is scary to u then maybe be cautious.
Lmao @Amen yea the book bruh

The movie was outstanding tho, my nigga the Hebrew hammer died like a champ, was it his butthole?

Heard stories people get nightmares when reading it. Most people claim the nightmares have nothing to do with the book. Crazy shit yo.

I bought an o j Simpson book yesterday, wish me luck
Old 03-21-2018, 12:35 PM   #105
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Oh, my bad lol...

Lol @ the movie Bags references. That shit was weird, tbh. Like REALLY weird. Wasn't there some hybrid nigga that was supposed to help or something in that movie? Like some alien human nigga STUDDIT or w/e the name was LOL.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #106
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

The book is so much better bro give it a try

And yeah I can’t remember his name exactly but you right
Old 03-21-2018, 01:33 PM   #107
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Dream Catcher by Stephen King?
Old 03-21-2018, 01:37 PM   #108
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

lmao I don't remember the movie too well honestly but sounds about right, and man inno I have Stephen kings entire catalogue on audio ....its like 80 books lol....been meaning to get into the dark tower series.......IT was easily his best shit I ever read but I read the stand and 1963 or whatever that time traveling one where the guy stops the assassination of JFK was....that shit was doooooooooope.... I wanna read his OG classics tho.....the shining I think will be my next book of his
Old 03-21-2018, 01:45 PM   #109
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

11/22/1963 - is dope. Read it, cause it's the same day as my oldest sons birthday. It was gifted to him, and I read it.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:46 PM   #110
Ghost1

word I fuck w that shit heavy. I been meaning to get IN TIME which was the book that inspired him...I think veritas said he read it too and it was better/////
Old 03-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #111
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
lmao I don't remember the movie too well honestly but sounds about right, and man inno I have Stephen kings entire catalogue on audio ....its like 80 books lol....been meaning to get into the dark tower series.......IT was easily his best shit I ever read but I read the stand and 1963 or whatever that time traveling one where the guy stops the assassination of JFK was....that shit was doooooooooope.... I wanna read his OG classics tho.....the shining I think will be my next book of his
Word man I got a book by him called the badazaar or someshit like that and it’s a collection of creepy stories. Never seems it before. Funny did u see the Hulu show with James Franco(1963) dope show. I own the stand on dvd. But I want the book to read it. Stephen king is hard to find at goodwill lol
Old 03-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #112
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Only King books I've read are that one and IT.

Both dope.

I like the 11/22/63 one better tho. I'm give Dream Catcher a shot.

Was hesitant because the movie was terrible lol. Man shitting out aliens to take over the world and a bald cancer survivor looking dude wasn't appealing to me.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #113
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Battle Record: 5-1

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- Netcees Battle League (8x)
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Orc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond repute

I read the stand, IT and all of the dark tower stuff. Took me so long to read the stand because I hated it. I thought tdts first book was really good and like the 3rd I think? When Roland is young. Rest wasn't great compared to similar books of the same genre I've read

Actually I've also read MR Mercedes which is a recent enough book of his. I grabbed it at an airport. Was a decent read
Orc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #114
Ghost1

lol funny I saw the stand sitting in a box at some random farm show the other day oddly enuff

an nah I never watched that shit but I heard it was good I may have to peep ....he got another short stories book that shawshank and lean on me came from too
Old 03-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #115
Ghost1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orc View Post
I read the stand, IT and all of the dark tower stuff. Took me so long to read the stand because I hated it. I thought tdts first book was really good and like the 3rd I think? When Roland is young. Rest wasn't great compared to similar books of the same genre I've read

Actually I've also read MR Mercedes which is a recent enough book of his. I grabbed it at an airport. Was a decent read
woooooord someone told me that 3 book collection that mr Mercedes is a part of was pretty good. an lmao I liked some of the stand but that shit def mad long im like yo when is this shit gonna end...and the main bad guy was like cartoon Dracula im like yoooo this shit kindve wack now lmfao the beginning was ill tho
Old 03-22-2018, 11:07 AM   #116
Ghost1

1. The five people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom (2/5)
2. Grimnoir chronicles hard magic by Larry Correia (4/5)
3. Who rules the world by Noam Chomsky (5/5)
4. Nudge by Richard H. Thaler (4/5)
5. Americas bitter pill by Steven Brill (4/5)
6. Made to stick by Chip & Dan Heath (3/5)
7. Confessions by St. Augustine (5/5)
8. 12 Rules For Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B Peterson (5/5)
9. Maps of meaning 2017 lecuture series by Jordan B Peterson (5/5)
10. why we sleep by Matthew Walker (5/5)
11. Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini (4/5)
12. Media Control, Second Edition: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda by Noam Chomsky (3/5)
13. Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media by Edward S. Herman & Noam Chomsky (3/5)
14. Bad Samaritans: The Myth of Free Trade and the Secret History of Capitalism by Ha-Joon Chang (3/5)

these last 3 were kindve rough but still got a lot of good info out of them

currently reading the mcdonaldization of society and loving it....def gonna be a 5/5
Old 03-22-2018, 12:10 PM   #117
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Artemis- 4/5
The time machine-5/5
Dracula- 4/5
Legend of sleepy hollow- 3/5
Sum: takes from the afterlife- 4/5
Beneath a scarlet sky- 3/5
WOOL- 5/5
The five people you meet in heaven- 3/5
The light between oceans- 5/5
Hitchhikers guide(5books)- 5/5
Island of dr. Moreau- 5/5
Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter- 4/5

Jesus I need to diversify my bonds b
Old 03-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #118
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

I need to step my audio book game up.

I'm ordering shit on iBooks.

Plus limited time to read - as I mostly read at night when kids are in bed.

I could play audio books while in the office instead of wasting brain cells and posting on here.

Youtube, you say? I know iBooks gives options... Maybe I'll just do that.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #119
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

I'm currently reading a long-form article about air pollution, does that count? lol
https://www.propublica.org/article/m...dford-virginia

Checking in though, I hope to have some progress soon.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #120
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Found these today

Tags
bags read how to be a father, ghost1 cringe itt, hooray for brains!, inno scared of bags itt, knowledge is power!, nerdcees