Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 4 Archive

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Battle Record: 21-35

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future
Default AOWL Magazine Week 3 Special Edition.

& the show goes on....

AOWL IV Magazine
WEEK 3: "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Story EDITION"

Welcome AOWLians to a special week 3 edition of the AOWL magazine. The lineup remains deep as we near our first championship match of the season. We have 6 competitors at 2-0 thus far. Two very dope contender matches. And let's not forget some of the other match ups which look just as good. This is going to be a deep mag. We got battle reviews, open mic features, a Certain/Vulgar special feature, no show shine, pre-rankings & predictions. This week, topics are Kanye West quotes & with that, you'll read a review of his "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" & some Kanye music to help guide you along. Hope you enjoy the read & gain some inspiration/motivation for your match up this week. Epic approved. Let's get to it.

OPEN MIC FEATURE #1

"Rosa Parks"
written by Zen

I GO HARD JUST TYPING FAST.
DRIVING BACK FROM ROSA PARKS.
GOT A FIREARM BLASTING GLOWING ORANGE.
MY CHIROPRACTOR SNAPPED YA. BROKE YOUR ARM.
IM A WISEFUL ACTOR. A SHOWMAN OF SORts.
LIKE JOHN WAYNE. I RODE IN ON A HORSE.
NAWMEAN? YOU KNOW ME FOR SURE
IM A NAZI. YOU ALL SURE ARE DORKS.
LOL FUCK YOUR FACE IM BETTER THAN YOU.
YOU EAT BUTT ALL DAY THAT'S SO GAY OF YOU DUDE.
WHILE MY NUTS ALL IN THIS LADY'S POON.
I THINK HER NAMES SADIE JUNE.
I FUCKED HER IN MY BASEMENT ALL DAY TILL SHE CAME A LOOSE.
MADE HER WATCH PURPLE RAIN TILL SHE BECAME ANEW.
WOKE UP IN A DAZE OF THIS CRAZY HUE.
SAW SPRINKLERS SPRAYING THAT LAZY JUICE.
HA. I DRUNK THAT SHIT BUTT NAKED AT NOON.
THAT ACID TOOK IT. THAT ASS IS GORGEOUS.
I GAVE HER BACK STAGE PASSES FOR AFTER MY PERFORMANCE.
SEE YA BASTARDS. IM OUT THE DOOR. *zip*

Week I Battle Reviews
written by Adonis & timeless

Certain defeats dead man, 5-0.
Blacketh, I'm not sure why you had a free post of “haters” aside from pure troll, but that was the highlight of your week regarding AOWL. Jokes aside, your verse flowed and hit the topic full force with the closing line, other then that, you would have lost to 99% of the league. Get some fire bro, I miss that classic Blacketh vs. Pent uP respect match.
Certain wrote a fast paced story of theft, murder and being on the run. The story was cool, almost too fast paced given all of the characters. The end rhymes were a bit weak, I assume you saw what Dead wrote and sort of just made this verse in one sitting, posting what you had, because to be honest, it didn't have that certain feel to it. The crisp rhyme placement or strong grasp of mechanics. You def had the better verse this week, but it was simply middle of the pack when taking other verses this week into consideration. Which, I guess speaks volumes. Your worst verse ever (possibly) is still better then half the league. Back hand, and compliment, your welcome.

Defiant defeats PancakeBrah, 6-0.
Pancake wrote a simple flex piece dependent on rhyme scheme and witty lines and concepts. It's a fun style, swag and flow-esque. But in a topical battler, no matter who the opponent, nine times out of ten this will catch the L with out a significant concept to back the swagger.
Defiant went a big sadistic, which I love, just wish there were more gruesome details instead of the “open for interpretation” ending. There were some simple grammatical errors that won't help you win next week at all, but considering you did what you needed to in order to secure this W, I can't really fault you. I liked the pace, and look into the relationship as you built a character, maybe this lacked a bit, but still, building a character is a simple tool writers forget about. Overall, this verse wasn't half bad. I liked the ending and emotion your brought forth. Solid writing, looking forward to reading more of your shit because I think the talent, although a bit raw, is evident.

NYCSPITZ defeats kannon, 6-0.
Kannon, I took this as braggadocio, and thought it was done in good taste with above average flow. I rather liked this read, a fast paced, detailed saga of man becoming homecoming king. Even though it was clearly about the emotion the kid feels, him explaining how he got the crown and why he deserves it and shit, I still see you playing a bit with the wording, making us think you are the king. I liked this, but, fairly short and against the novelist NYC, the epic writer himself, I don't think you'll have a chance. We'll see.
NYC, the streak continues. Dating back to the previous seasons, which is the only time I've read a thing from you, I knew as a person who would show up and write one out of four verses. Keying the others and cutting yourself short. But since the Alias tourney it seems you either acquired free time to write, or decided to just try. Either way, this is just another tally on a long streak of some top notch writing. Your use of end rhymes is superb, and given the date, your use of old language was also masterful. I enjoyed this tale of enlightenment. A saga of a man at war, doesn't matter with whom or the outcome for that matter. What did matter, was the lesson learned. “The best men (soldiers in those times) are only as great as there last breath, which they breath upon the next soldier in line, who will die, etc”. Dope verse my friend, one of the better of the season.

Frank defeats 3PA, 6-4. (by timeless)

Frank went with his usual 40-line verse with every rhyme scheme sounding the same. Gets a little repetitive but his comedy was enough to advance past 3pa's weird puzzle of words put together in verse form. Frank needs to switch style up for once.

Vulgar defeats Mr. J, 6-0. (by timeless)
This was BOTW imo. Vulgar's story was enough to surpass J's valiant effort and move onto a much deserved contender's match in week 3.

Unborn Buddha defeats patrown, 5-0.
Patrown wrote the beginning of a very heart felt verse, that was painted in such a somber hue just itching to end on a happy note. Then, he ran out of time what could have been a dope verse died, along with the concept and ex-drug addicted character. WTF bro? This verse was literally shaping out to be one of the better reads of this short season and you went and ruined it. Solid writing from start to end, good mechanics and imagery. Next week try trying, you might like the outcome.
Buddha wrote a novel, literally talking himself through the topic and trying to make sense of it using two characters as analogies. Buddha did not have the best rhyme scheme or structure, he did not have the strongest grasp of flow or character build up for that matter. He simply attacked the topic head on, grappling with helping us understand the difference between rich and poor, good and evil. In the end however, he fell short, as even he was a bit stumped. The verse was a bit long for my usual taste, and I felt lacked a true ending, or satisfying one. Solid verse, and done smart, just not executed at a high level overall.

Witty defeats theMuzzl3, 6-0.
Witty went a bit twisted, which was ironic because this was a tale of love. I think you did decent with character build up, but I still didn't feel the love between the couple as much as I would hope I guess. I will admit, I'm being a bit critical because you obviously had a huge portion of this verse revolving around the strength and bond of the relationship. Anyways, the flow was extremely consistent, not to complex or detailed, but the multies were there. But 99% of the verse had buttery seams, weaving in and out with no snags, which is a very high complement, again, not complex though. This was a decent verse, would have won against more then half the league or so, but this week was on the weaker side of things. I feel like you wrote this in one take, and posted. There were some minute errors which I overlooked because of that fact. Solid writing though.
Muzzle mentioned he wouldn't edit before posting, but he should have. You fell short, although I liked the concept and idea behind the topic, two stories and all, but you fell sorely short in execution. The rhymes were pretty weak, the stories had no real build up or climax, the end rhymes even were a bit slanted here and there, which can be good or bad, but in this case there were no stellar rhymes to mask them, thus leaving them in the open revealed. I think if you fleshed this concept out and added some inners or multies, it would have had more success. As is though, below average at best.

Greed defeats Innovator, 6-0.
Greed, for the second week in a row dropped all flow, but this time added a little wrinkle in attempting to have a concept. Greed will be known all season to have a pretty polished flow, but the other aspects (especially take on concept) may lack. Greed won due to Inno dropping nada, but greed actually had a decent verse that would have won against quite a few other artists. Continue to improve bro.
Inno, as always dropped that poetic pendulum swinging to and fro, only this time left well before the fat lady opened up her wind pipes. Inno has a knack for procrastinating, thus, a knack for shooting him self in that pinky he calls a dick. I don't man, I feel like I could say this verse had some really solid points in it, but I won't. I really did like your verse before you prematurely finished...See what I did there? No homo

No Show Shine
written by Adonis

Split– I'm not going to lie bro, I'm not clear as to the direction you went here. There was some sound writing in the opening lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split
descent into vanity's clutches. It's this type of vantage he covets.
Emboldened, centered, no- he tampered with dozens.
Crimped into samples, sins spliced a glowing merit to justice-
But the direction was lacking IMO. I see you were going for a young murderer, sadistic soul that was merely doing what he was taught, but I'm not sure why. There was an extreme lack of detail or character or emotion. It was just words the explained a little bit of this character, then ended. Not the biggest fan of this verse if I can be blunt, but we all know you can be a force if you apply the skill you posses.

Dove Dozer– Is that you in the Av? Been meaning to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dove Dozer
Eleven men besides myself in a boat both small and light,
Pushed off for heavens gate in the first watch of the night.
What an opener, this sets a scene perfectly, great usage of imagery and plot build up. High Praise here. “Shipping water, stern and bow” made me chuckle, great CHOICE of words using pun. This was a very dope read my friend, I fear I lit a fire above your chode. You had a few grammatical errors that may very well cost this verse multiple spots in the end of season top 25...I.e “It's I don't be afraid” etc. There were three such minor errors. But this was still a very good read from start to end. You provided a somber tone with your writing that read extremely smooth. The fluidity helped for sure, but at times I will admit that the schemes were not as complex as I prefer, but I can't fault you because it WAS fluid. Two verses in a row where you've far exceeded my expectations, so by that nature, according to my prediction of the opening mag, you are destined to lay a goose egg. Here's me changing that vote and recognizing a trying No Good over what he's produced in the past. Look forward to next week.

timeless– I liked this verse bro. It read relatively smooth with solid progression. The imagery though, that was the key...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless
It's a joke when I seen that my fucking 'fridge was broken.
Untapped 30 racks of Pabst and venison straps,
my frozen weed medicine snacks. Hell must be back.
No relish, no snacks.
Thawed to the bone flat under a new Phoenix heatwave.
Deemed the sun was trouble as soon as I seen it eat cake.
I had to move fast, had to destroy the giants star.
If I don't, I'll be forced to lose weight, and a diet's hard.
You littered this verse with humor which is always welcomed as that is a change in norm. The verse to me was crystal clear, about a man in hell, living out his karma until the never end of time. The fluidity was good, although there was a hiccup here and there, not nearly often enough to make me care though as the good far outweighed the bad. Good solid verse, but I doubt this humorous style could out match the elite in this league, but again, very nice change of pace.

Listen-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listen
Understand the dilemma? I have personalities that are bi-polar,
And my disorder revokes my ownership to one of the owners.
So if you ask me for a story? I would tell you which one…
And if you ever want to be ME? It’s only natural that I say pick one.
Some very dope contrasting writing here, some food for thought type imagery that was enjoyed. “Smart-ass or sans the smart” is another fine choice in wording. This verse started extremely slow because I did not like the “Where did IT go? I can not find YOU”. But as the story progressed, the skill was made evident, the clash in concepts was thoroughly enjoyable. The individual line concepts were borderline stellar, and this ended as one of the more enjoyable verses of this week. I don't know how much time you spent on this, or whether or not you take your time at all in writing in general. But this read as a quick read, but still progressed in fluidity regarding pace as well as had meat to chew on, or depth to it. I think you def could string together some high profile wins depending on the hunger to do so. Look forward to next week.

CopyPat– Yet another verse of pure LOLZ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyPat
And I’m generally friendly, but that is personal information
That we posted online in a virtual situation
On a public website that’s secured from it being taken
So you heard me, don’t be fakin like you’re my Terry, my doll
And in turn I won’t be made to get the Sheriff involved
Cause I really do cherish you all…I’m just embarrassed is all
You had some strong rhymes for the most part, but some lines came off a bit simple. The content though shined, demeaning another human being is always awesome to be completely honest. All in all though, there were some chuckles and solid lines, but this verse is not one of the better of the week. It lacked a certain factor that would have carried this attempt past the upper echelon of the week. I'm not sure what it lacked other then a hint of seriousness, what I mean is that Gimmicks are largely hit or miss. Although this was more hit then miss, it still just wasn't good enough to be elite.

Adonis– Keyed up a no-show verse of sorts to ensure his undefeated run in season 4 doesn't end. This "verse" had the potential to be award winning in all things 'imagery' related. He also tied in the topic ever so concisely on the end. A+ Here's my favorite excerpt :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis
"The mossy mush croaks as toads are sloshing about. "

Soulstice– Your style is yours, and you have crafted it very well. The use of broken up sentences sprinkled between 2-3 line intervals is done well in the rarest of cases, but when you do it I don't mind because you still manage to grasp fluidity of schemes while progressing the story at your own pace. This verse was the same as the rest. Great writing and great story telling that, per usual, is left to be interpreted differently in the eyes of anyone who reads it. This was one of my favorite verses of the week, or season for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulstice
Her neck looked severed already. From the perspective presented
By the axes reflective dimensions. It's oddly beautiful shine
Also twisted the executioners inscrutable guise to a smile
She disconnected. Sounds vanished silently, the crowds roar scoring her death
She awaits the finale and she quarters her breath.
Prime example of sentences broken between lines done in nice taste. This verse packed quite a bit into it. From the imagery of the girl losing her head, to her ghost wondering about, living in her purgatory it seems. She was convicted to death by beheading. She was given two paths, either die in the woods and have her siblings see the same fate. Or kill her “would be murderers”, saving her siblings, but being convicted by beheading. I might very well be way the fuck off here, but like I said. You have a way of writing stories that lead each reader a different route, which is rare and awesome.

Pinot Grij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinot Grij
Lived the high life, I mean REAL high, dude been hype from the start
He once rappelled into a volcano just to light his cigar
He goes extreme upon any scheme that any man could embark
When he goes surfing, he does it on top of actual sharks
He’d race speedboats through crevices the width of a keyhole
And when he did a little jizz would shoot out of his pee hole
He lived for the rush, and could get any bitch that he wants
Fill up her guts, spill all his nut, then she’d fix up his lunch
Prime example of how to fit a topic into something other then emotionally riddled transgresses against the art of writing. Pinot, you've mastered this art, and I praise you for it. The flow was keen, as you used a lite stroked scheme for a heavy stroke of meaning and humor. I appreciate the fact that you kept this verse extremely simple, I'm talking as simple as it gets. There was no deciphering this verse as it was as face value as face value can be. I haven't read every verse this week, but this will def be a top 4 of the season at least. @Legaue – Learn something by reading this verse

Dominate– Wrote a tale of corporate greed and the kings spoiled. This verse was lacking in a few areas my friend. The flow was decent, but there were just too many breaks in scheme to keep fluidity at a steady pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate
The results had concluded significance. After years of immovable diligence, we had the cure. Pharmaceutic deliverance. The elation was fevered. Back slapping, we partied & lit cigars from a Bunsen burner, talked of Nobel laureateship.
You can break the sentences up in every which way from Tuesday, but in the end if it's choppy you really can't piece it together. I might be a bit harsh because to be honest it's not horrible as I read those few bars, but none the less, me saying it's dope and will get you a win does no good what so ever. The context in the verse fell short as well. It was simply too short a read for you to properly build a character and progress the story, instead you kept it short and ended using the same concepts as you did in the beginning. No real sense of “finished” here, just done.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by King Ra.; 10-15-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #2
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

King Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant futureKing Ra. has a brilliant future

Writer's Block: Certain & Vulgar

VULGAR: Hiya Certain. I figured I'd start off the Writer's Block this week by asking you to expand on what makes your style yours. You strike me as a "formula works" type of a guy, someone who's carved out of the English language a comfortable table to reside over and mix literary chemicals together. I find your style evocative, though sometimes it can be dry. How different was Tha Talent's writing back then compared to how it is now?

CERTAIN: I don't think I have a formula. If you look at my four verses from the last Art of Writing League playoffs, I had a traditional narrative story heavy on dialogue against PancakeBrah, followed by a sequential character sketch portrait of a family written in paragraphs against oats, then an abstract take on mourning against King Ra. before my art criticism against YDK. Then I opened this season with a fleshed-out dystopian future parable against Frank and now just posted an action-filled verse against dead man.

My goal any time I compete is to come up with an approach that will fully encapsulate the topic. There are elements of my style that don't change much. I prefer to at least come close to the grammatical standards of prose and don't use a whole lot of slang, outside of dialogue. But what's set me apart even since I was Tha Talent was my versatility. I've never felt like I can beat the best of the best on their best days, but I'm consistent and malleable.

Obvious, being younger then, I was a bit more loose about a lot of things as Tha Talent. But I always did mold my writing style around my content. I had a verse, here, that was sort of an inspirational piece about effort and tried to mold the flow and rhyme scheme to be sort of stop-start. Then I had another about a young ballerina, here, that I took pride in because of the way it built to crescendo. Then there's one about domestic violence, here, where I backed off and told the story a bit removed. My writing's improved since then, as I think we all have. The spelling and grammar was terrible in those verses, and I'm better at blending rhymes without forcing now. But the roots of my current writing were clear then, too.

Turning the tables, I'm just now getting a look at what you wrote in Week 1. I don't think you've necessarily had some big shift because you've always been willing to step outside your hallmark index of obscure references and historical breadth. But there's definitely a greater desire to appeal to the masses in some of your more recent writing. What led you to that change? You certainly were successful with the style you're known for.

VULGAR: Reflecting on what you said about your style, you should be respected for your durability, and I do think you can beat the best writers on their best days - as long as you have your best day as well. If "mastery" of this art is an achievable goal, your head in the game might contribute to the acquiring of it. No reason to live in a necropolis hospital where you're constantly recovering from dead inspiration drives. Alas, you champed the last season, I'm just being hard on you because you're an editor for a living.

About my style being more accessible so far this season, I'm really trying to gain access into the minds of anyone who reads my work - from the every man to a billionaire. It doesn't matter who the person is, I want them to "get" something from the information I put out there. Lately, recently, or forever, the style I write with is pure thought babble but I write with conviction due to my own mental capacity for bizarre, imagery-laden output. I'm jamming a transformer into the power jack and forming a more reader friendly Vulgar style, because at the end of the day, we're all trying to build empires, not erect obscure outposts. Reaching the populace is the definition of an effective communication device. If I want to reach exclusively artists or other lyricists, I'll astral project with Chyeah into the fifth dimension while taking LSD in Tel Aviv.

Why do you think rhyming gets such a bad rap in elite prose/literary circles? Don't they realize it sounds too slick to be ignored and it drapes over our writing like fine silk?

CERTAIN: The slickness is part of it. The predictability is another. The rhymed poetry that does get praised (though very rare in modernism) is often off-kilter, with a lot of enjambment. There's also the emotional, sporadic rhyming of slam poetry, which brings mixed reviews in highfalutin poetry circles. I think that's because a lot of rich white people never know what to say about black culture.

But mostly I think people view rhyming as a distraction from the content and the words. And that is pretty hard to deny. That's why I take pride when someone says something I wrote doesn't read like rap. I know I put the work into the rhymes and schemes, so I view that as a suggestion that the verse reads cleanly, the way it would if it didn't rhyme.

But I enjoy this rhyming challenge, and I enjoy reading it. We're very removed from the roots of hip-hop in this culture, which is not to say that there aren't many rappers whose lyrics translate well to the page. But the roots of hip-hop were a party music built on braggadocio. Yet that rhyming aspect persists and perhaps connects me more to this unique genre that we do inhabit. How close do you feel in hip-hop?

VULGAR: I wish I wrote more non-rhyming stuff. It was a goal of mine to start getting short stories published but I never got around to creating a routine and sticking with it. I'm naturally drawn to rhythm since it's almost habitual after all of these years. I'm going to try to redirect my focus soon. I think this medium is a blessing and a curse, because like you pointed it out, it does carry an element of alienation and it's a limiting craft. If more people figured out it's not easy to do, I think it'd hold more weight in the literary community.

Hip hop is a part of my life and I do feel close to it. The rappers that I listen to help me relate to life and get through hard times. Right now, my favorite rappers are Cryptic One and Illogic who are both undeniably ill and have an extensive collection of very impressive tracks. For those who haven't heard them before, check out "Half Life" by Cryptic One and "Hate in A Puddle" by Illogic. I know they're not the most cheerful of songs on the first listen but they're meaningful... and they have looser, more fun tracks anyways. Cannibal Ox reigns supreme as well. The Cold Vein is so epic that I can't call it the soundtrack of my life...yet. But we can strive, can't we?

What do you strive for in your daily affairs?

CERTAIN: I'm reminded of my favorite middle-period Atmosphere track, "Trying to Find a Balance." That goes for all facets, and I'm guessing it goes for all of us. I sometimes bring my personal and work lives into my writing, though I mostly keep the two divorced because I prefer to think of this hobby as a separation act. I've said this before, but part of my reason for returning to this community and writing style was because I felt like work was becoming all I really had and needed a hobby.

To that end, I'm always interested in how much of ourselves we put into our work, particularly while telling stories that aren't about us. How much do you let the personal become the written word?

VULGAR: Residual elements from real life show up in my writing, but I use the ink on the page to escape, as cliché as that sounds. I had a few pieces where I spoke about things happening in my life. It's been a bit bland as of late so I've been more inclined to go for fantastical (as if I always haven't done that, right?). I take lessons that I learn on a daily basis and try to integrate them into the "moral" of whatever story I'm writing.

Do you see yourself collecting all of your work on an archive? Are you the type who has several fat binders filled with printed up topicals and battle verses, or do they stay on the forum at all times, unbeknownst to anyone of the Certain household?

CERTAIN: I've kept my Hall of Names thread very well-organized and have a back up of those verses as well as my old verses. But I don't have any plans to use any of this work in any other format, and I don't really tell people about this hobby aside from saying I write sometimes.

I guess I view this as an escape as well, again going back to that talk about why I returned in the first place. But I actually do think that these verses could have some broader appeal if anyone were to give them a chance. I know people are always talking about doing things with their work, and I like the concept.

Part of it is me being a bit spoiled as I get published daily for my job. I'm wondering what your plans are for your own work. Do you see yourself going into a writing-heavy profession when you're finished with college? Do you have any plans to pursue furthering Vulgar verses for publication? I know you've entered some poetry competitions.

VULGAR: Yes, I'll be a professional writer eventually. Right now I'm living life and getting my skills up. I've had a couple of verses published because they tickle some editor's pickle, but really, I want the heads of mass populations. All in due time, I guess. I think you should show people your verses. If you put effort into something, why not show it to others?

CERTAIN: I guess I'm just antisocial. To paraphrase Royce da 5'9", I do this text for me. Perhaps the lack of widespread acceptance of the genre (lyric-writing in general, really) is part of that. I'd like to do something with my poetry or stories at some point, but I doubt it'll be text rap.

Anyway, with that I think we need to close this out before King Ra. kicks us out of the magazine. Thanks for taking this time to talk with me. It's been insightful. Any closing thoughts?

VULGAR: Where's Zygote?

OPEN MIC FEATURE #2

"Deconstructing Yahweh"
written by Adonis

And the first thing he said was.... “Let There Be Light”

Creatures with no home, still they pillage and roam.
Lived on there own with no ruler or throne,
No guidelines to break or disappoints to make.
No anointed charade crucified to hide the evil they crave.
Free from being pets; choke chains round the neck,
On a short leash being monitored and kempt.
This beautiful evil was a glorious thing.
No halos or wings flinging dust with each thrust.
Just darkness that's loved yet, vastly abrupt.

Just Imagine ...

You're you, minus constraints that defuse...
Every natural instinct you developed and used.
That right to think even when you are confused,
That right to eat until the land is consumed.
Yeah right; repel light and accept your own view.
But suddenly, he's telling you not to.

Laws that dilute our vital aspects,
Darkness is abstract.
Evil IS Live yet harnessed til absent.
Ponder this cancer.

We can scale Valhalla reaching new heights.
While Darwin taught us the strongest survive.
God proved his weakness was creating of lives.
Destroying them all, pouring tears from the skies.
Crackling thunder masking screams from each life.
Crashing waves, drowning out pain from inside.
See the mangled and warped souls set adrift?
The endless knocking; each skull tapping the skiff.
The faces of kids, peacefully, swimming about.
Drifting in crowds as they sink I'm so proud.
Return home to that darkness you've shelved.
I waited anxiously, never once had a doubt.
Sat, patiently, holding this apple I found.
You sampled my crown, now it's yours to keep.
The stairway to heaven is forgiving but steep.
Meanwhile my escalator creeps down without fault.
You've done no wrong ever, you only existed.
Your natural beauty is blackened and mystic.
His light is a glorious puzzle encrypted.
I can solve it for you; You are perfect as misfits.
Live happily.
Fuck being a casualty.
If you die and we meet, fuck charity

Because you lived how you were made...carelessly.

AOWL PRE-POWER RANKINGS

1. Certain (2-0)- The last AOWL champion deserves this spot.

2. NYCSPITZ (2-0)- Can the Alias Topical Tourney champion finally make noise in the AOWL on a consistent basis?

3. CopyPat (2-0)- Who'd thought that this OM mainstay would start off with such a bang?

4. Vulgar (2-0)- This veteran is looking to plant his feet in AOWL's history books as a champion. Is this the season?

5. Dove Dozer (2-0)- Dozer has come back & starts the season with a statement. Can he continue his hot streak?

6. Defiant (2-0)- This battler is off to a good start. This week will be a good test, though.

7. Soulstice (1-0)- The Short Verse Tourney champ will definitely be a force.

8. Witty (1-0)- Will Witty be a consistent participant? If so, watch out.

9. Unborn Buddha (1-0)- Unborn is one of the more intriguing under the radar writers in this league.

10. Listen (1-0)- Not much is known about this writer, but as the season progresses, we will have a good idea.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy REVIEW
written by Certain & PancakeBrah

Certain & Pancake share their perspectives on one of Kanye's best albums (or THE best album).

PancakeBrah: "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is uneven. "Gorgeous" and "So Appalled" are mediocre and bad, respectively. I could do without "Who Will Survive in America" although it's critical to the "point" of the album. Some of the choruses on this album leave much to be desired. Kanye's lyricism is a mix of tired wordplay, self grandiose complaining, sex, and fashion designers (as it always is, and always will be). His albums aren't great because of his rhymes and MDTF is no exception. All these flaws are still glaringly noticeable to me still today, yet I'd call this album one of the best of the decade. Probably Kanye's best album. The sum is more than the parts, although some of the parts are damn gorgeous. "All of the Lights" is one of, if not the, best mainstream rap single since the turn of the millenium. "Power's" quality is almost an afterthought due to its ubiquity. The production and feel of "The Devil in a New Dress" (plus Rick Ross' excellent guest verse). That single piano note on "Runaway" which basically became a symbol for the album. I personally favor "Blame Game", minus the Chris Rock bit. And "See Me Now" which is so College Dropout it causes flashbacks to 9th grade. Aside from the three tracks I mentioned at the beginning, this thing is filled to the brim with classics. This feels like the culmination of the College Dropout Kanye; everything he'd done before this thrown into a pot and put to a boil. Everything here is extra Kanye. The lyrics are personal, the musical ideas grand. With the release of Yeezus this album feels like a swan song 'Fuck you' in hindsight. Kanye's got to stoke his Yoko Ono passions but before he did he let everyone know he can drop a definitive, zeitgeist-capturing/defining/shifting (he'd pop a wheely on it later) album whenever he feels like it."

Certain: Paul's Boutique for the 21st century. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is one of those intentional masterpieces so commonplace in the annals of rock but so rare in rap. Rap never has quite fit as an album-oriented genre, even as its produced some of the best albums ever made. The reason is because rap is so heavily based on samples and loops, and an album based on the same types of samples and loops would be redundant. That creates a bit of disharmony on many great rap albums, a lack of the kind of focused statement provided on Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run or Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation. But that's what Kanye West shot for with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, which is his greatest album even as it's not his best. The ambition was to take the increasingly paranoid and self-absorbed stylings of Graduation and 808's and Heartbreak, meld them with the sarcasm and hunger of College Dropout and tie everything together with the polish that Jon Brion's work on Late Registration provided. All that sets the backdrop for one of the most ambitious albums in rap history. There are a handful of masterpieces: "Gorgeous" features some of Kanye's best rap and an amazing verse from Raekwon, while "Runaway" is intoxicating from its first plucked piano keys. "Hell of a Life" is trademark Kanye, with an amazing beat paired with a sexualized, misogynistic take on porn and sex in culture. There aren't any real misses, though some including my friend PancakeBrah dislike "So Appalled" for its straight-forwardness that doesn't seem to fit the tone of the album. Jay-Z's verse on "Monster" is an abomination, but Nicki Minaj of all people manages to save it. Fergie's M.I.A. impression on "All of the Lights" similarly gets saved by Alicia Keys, Elton John and a choir. That song is the defining one on this album, a sprawingly ambitious single featuring 14 collaborators. Everything is over the top, but that's fitting given the artist and the goal. Still, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy isn't my favorite Kanye album, not that he cares.

OPEN MIC FEATURE #3

"Pandemonium"
written by Unborn Buddha

The ridiculous distance of my reach is infinitely secret.
Even astrophysicists depict my leap as literally ether.
My valorous feats include pillaging demons
Breaking down the pillars of their kingdom by molecular splitting
The meticulous detail of their oblivion is one of cellular bleeding.
Auspicious signs of their defeat cause a demonic solar eclipse
Signifying a chaotic force gone extinct.
Yet war still exists, and so my next target is to open hell’s abyss
Creating a rift, an ultimate shift in the order of things.
Animalistic poachers’ with bombastic quotas ceasing to enlist is a moralistic bonus
It is absolutely grandiloquent the way I deal with the grandest of delinquents.
Instinctive miscreants who fan a fire to scatter it through Venus.
The hands which extinguish it get burned to death in the manner of phoenixes.
I have a masterful command of healing gifts when I bask on the vastness of God’s thesis.
Constantly contemplating the matrices in the Mandala’s meaning.
Be amply timid because every misstep there’s Pantheons seeing.
Alcoholics can’t stand their livers, feelings of a truly self loathing adamant species.
Pregnant mothers having ingested massive additives in them
Contribute to the heaping pile of the dead matter of fetuses.
My atomic speeches have a far reaching effect on Japanese regions
What the Shinto religion believes in becomes a mirror of the manner I speak in.
Nature’s patterns are listless, but one can fathom its message
By comprehending the various emotions the Basilisk hissing.
A legendary monarch like Huang Di, the imperial emperor with Mythical eminence
His existence portrays how an allegorical presence can have historical relevance….
Imageless images are the visual entrance to understanding the chaotic metaphor of virtual dissonance.
Mathematics are not my strong suit, I’m a numerical nemesis.
Nevertheless I still give proofs and empirical theorems to variable Genesis.
Citizens of the internet bear witness to the prowess of ritual discipline,
A cyclical intense principled diligent devotion to advancing to the critical brilliance of lyrical geniuses.
I have loads of spare time to progress since I was resurrected invalid
All disasters have unseen limitless benefits.
I live to cleanse the wicked criminal spirited of their primitive medieval viciousness.
A skeptical paladin with habitual tendencies to question the validity of everything
Observe me ridicule medicine, even as I use it to recover from a sickened skeleton
My body weakness prevalence is evident when the day is a windy pestilence.
This century parallels a tyrannical vengeance etched as a prison emblem.
Yet its robotic legacy is vintage like a mechanical Da Vinci sketch of a single letter.
A genuine repentance will induce a healing crisis that will have you spitting venom.

As you venture to guess this is not a romantic love poem
It’s more of a sporadic focus on transcending my usual sophomoric opus
A dramatic stub toe poet suffering traumatic awful torment from damaging his Psoas
No temptation will ever tarnish the Stoic
Essentially the essence of me is a benevolent being accompanied by his Pegasus steed.
Please don’t compare me to the heretic breed, which only use ethics to benefit thee.
My human form has mutated to a vernacular creature
Dispensing allegiance to my self- a spectacular feature
Of cognitive awareness via my Ventricular system venting decisions.
Primal fear is conducted there where the Amygdala sits in, mental intuition.
Constant esophagus purging has healed my cerebral lesions, mending disposition.
Positive earnestness has made life more nerve wrecking than a neurologist hurting them.
I’m joking, my only stress is the despicable despise of despotic monument worshiping.
The approximate pertinence of my eternity is like the godliest permanence.
Obstinate stubbornness to not concede is worse poor judgment than a somnolent's discernment.
Every night I massacre rappers only to awake to amnesia
Can’t remember anything, and yet all this artists have hemiplegia.
The central teacher with more flow than heavy menstrual bleeding.
I used that word once already, but it was so precise, hence repeated.

WEEK 3 PREDICTIONS

Certain (2-0) vs NYCSPITZ (2-0)- Last seasons AOWL champion. Check. The first ever Alias Topical Tournament champion. Check. This should be the title match right now, and I'm sure by the time all the reading is done & voting ends- the winner will be the favorite heading into the title match. Both gentlemen have shut out both of their first two opponents thus far. Both wins have been against good competition. Certain has already started on a gauntlet though (defeating Frank & dead man) while NYC has had it pretty smooth (wins over Objective & kannon). They have unique writing styles. Votes will probably come down to preference. Who do I think will take this match? Over the first 3 seasons of the AOWL, you'd think NYC would have had a whole lotta wins under his belt, but consistency has been an issue. He has been more active writing but Certain has been extremely consistent & has not lost an AOWL match in awhile now. NYC is always a favorite of mine to read, and I expect him to make a statement here, without a doubt. But he's going to have to prove he can be consistent & that he can win the big match ups. Certain is no sleeper. He will make it difficult. I have to go with the hot hand right now. I'll keep it close as well. PREDICTION: Certain, 51/49.

Vulgar (2-0) vs CopyPat (2-0)- CopyPat has kicked this season off right for himself. It started with an impressive 8-2 victory over Pinot week one, and then he was no showed by Pent last week, and who knows how that would have gone. Nonetheless, he earned himself a chance to get in the first title match of the season but once again, he faces another tough opponent. Vulgar is coming off a shut out win against Mr. J, and his writing thus far has been very good. So Copy will have to really be on his game here. He has showed us that he can write to a topic while still maintaining that smooth flow as we see in his OM drops. Everything must come together here though. Vulgar will write Vulgar-esque. One step closer to an early title. Copy will make this good. I expect Vulgar to take this by a decent margin. PREDICTION: Vulgar, 70/30.

Soulstice (1-0) vs Witty (1-0)- Almost every match up is oozing with potential, so how about this one? The reigning Short Verse champion Soulstice goes up against Witty, a well known writer whose looking to get back into form after a pretty long hiatus from serious competition. He easily dispersed Muzzl3 last week while Soulstice gained a NS over YDK. It's hard to pick against Soul right now, who I believe will continue to build off of that tournament champing & Witty will definitely have to crank it up a bit here. He will write well & how well determines whether he wins this or not. Soul takes this, but again, a very close match. PREDICTION: Soulstice, 51/49.

Cereal_Killa (0-0) vs Pinot Grij (1-1)- CK is making his first appearance of the season, and what a match this will be. Pinot has written well in both of his matches this season, though he was no showed last week against uh oh. Expect two fully developed stories; CK with something that's deep conceptually & Pinot maybe with some nice flair & good storytelling. Possible BOTW depending on how much both competitors bring to the table, but sparks wil fly. Always been a fan of CK, but in this warm up, Pinot continues to build momentum and wins a tight match here. PREDICTION: Pinot Grij, 51/49.

Dove Dozer (2-0) vs Defiant (2-0)- You can guarantee that whoever comes out of this match the winner, they will earn a spot in next weeks contender 'bout. Defiant won on a no show week one, and in week two, won against a weak Pancake verse, which was pretty much him banking on Def not showing at all. Dozer on the other hand, was no showed last week and beat Vator week one. I guess you can consider this Defiant's first real test of the season (since Pancake's verse last week wasn't him at his best). Dozer will more than likely show & write pretty well, too. We will see if Def can stand up against topical competition. He'll probably be upset at not being picked to win here, but I believe he can pull an upset if Dozer slacks off. I'll keep this one close. PREDICTION: Dove Dozer, 55/45.

Frank (1-1) vs kannon (1-1)- kannon will have his hands full this week going against a winner in Frank. He bounced back from his loss to last season's champ, Certain, & defeated 3PA in a pretty close match up. kannon really impressed me in week one with his verse, showing good potential, but lost to a strong NYC last week. A win here would be a good statement for kannon, but he will have to really write something very creative because Frank is no easy competitor to write against. An upset is possible, but the only way I see Frank letting this one slip by, is if he no shows or has one of his infamous outbursts. PREDICTION: Frank, 90/10.

Listen (1-0) vs UnbornBuddha (1-0)- Interesting match to keep your eyes on. Listen won last week on a no show, while Buddha picked up a solid win over patrown. Unborn really writes; so I wouldn't be surprised to see him put together another solid piece of writing. Listen will have to do much more this week if he is to take this one. I don't know too much about him, but judging from last week, I see Unborn taking another step towards contention. PREDICTION: Unborn Buddha, 85/15.

Split (1-1) vs timeless (1-1)- A possible sleeper match right here. I've been waiting for a really good Split script for awhile. He seems to not put much effort as we know he could, so hopefully this week will be a start. timeless is a good writer, still trying to find his step & can definitely make this a good match, especially if Split doesn't come with his best. A win by either would help them in the rankings. I'm trusting that Split comes back to full form and drops one of the weeks better writtens. time can pull the upset though. PREDICTION: Split, 55/45.

theMuzzl3 (1-1) vs Mr. J (1-1)- Both of these gentlemen are coming off losses, so this in this match, both will be looking to recover and get back on the winning side of things. Muzzl3 will have his work cut out for him- Mr. J can put together some good verses consistently. An upset is possible, but Muzzl3 needs to write much better & come up with something creative if he is to make this close or steal a solid W. I see Mr. J getting by pretty well though. PREDICTION: Mr. J, 80/20.

Three-Planes-Aligned (0-1) vs patrown (0-1)- I expect both of these writers to put together very enjoyable verses in this match up. Sucks that one of them will fall to 0-2 after this week though. 3PA wrote very well last week but had a missing ingredient that led to a 6-4 loss. patrown usually writes very short pieces, which hasn't always given him many wins in the league. I can see both going about 16-20 lines, which patrown could give himself a good chance to steal a w. But knowing that 3PA can write extremely well, it'll be a hard task to do so. PREDICTION: 3PA, 75/25.

PancakeBrah (1-1) vs Greed (1-1)- Greed is still working out the kinks, though last week's verse was a step up from the first week. But his opponent is a former champ & an excellent writer. Cake dropped a no show verse last week, thinking that Defiant may possibly not show, but the risk didn't work out. I doubt we see that happen again this week. Greed will need to put it all together & write damn near perfect to pull the upset. Or hope Cake doesn't show. PREDICTION: PancakeBrah, 99/1.

dead man (1-1) vs Innovator (0-2)- Both of these writers haven't really been true to form this season so far, but I expect this week to be different. dead man is definitely the favorite, but Vator may be able to catch him on an off week. If both do write their asses off, I'd expect Vator to at least keep it close. Gotta go with the man formerly known as Black. PREDICTION: dead man, 75/25.

Sincerely,

That's a wrap folks. I'd like to thank Certain & Vulgar for their contributions in Writer's Block. Adonis & timeless for doing the battle reviews & no show shine. Pancake & once again, Certain for their review on Kanye's MBDTF album. Special thanks to all participants for keeping this league alive & at the top of the game. Hope you enjoyed the read.

Epic, indeed.

THE KING.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
King Ra.
The Throne, The Crown

Enjoy the read, gentlemen.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #5
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Thanks Ra & company, very nice read!
Old 10-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #6
Listen

Battle Record: 1-1

Listen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant futureListen has a brilliant future

It makes me want to vote and spend the energy in writing my pieces because of the time and energy that is given to this league.

Great read. Thanks for the tremendous effort. I shall begin voting later on the open battles.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:09 PM   #7
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Can't comprehend it's mass currently, shall enjoy eventually

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-15-2014, 10:14 PM   #8
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there's a single writer in the history of this genre who would beat kannon 90% of the time.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:44 PM   #9
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ra. View Post
Certain defeats dead man, 5-0.
Blacketh, I'm not sure why you had a free post of “haters” aside from pure troll, but that was the highlight of your week regarding AOWL. Jokes aside, your verse flowed and hit the topic full force with the closing line, other then that, you would have lost to 99% of the league. Get some fire bro, I miss that classic Blacketh vs. Pent uP respect match.
Certain wrote a fast paced story of theft, murder and being on the run. The story was cool, almost too fast paced given all of the characters. The end rhymes were a bit weak, I assume you saw what Dead wrote and sort of just made this verse in one sitting, posting what you had, because to be honest, it didn't have that certain feel to it. The crisp rhyme placement or strong grasp of mechanics. You def had the better verse this week, but it was simply middle of the pack when taking other verses this week into consideration. Which, I guess speaks volumes. Your worst verse ever (possibly) is still better then half the league. Back hand, and compliment, your welcome.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the magazine. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:16 PM   #10
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one that got dead man's angle 2x?
Old 10-15-2014, 11:32 PM   #11
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Dope mag fellas
Old 10-16-2014, 01:18 AM   #12
timeless
past tense

Battle Record: 22-39

timeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant futuretimeless has a brilliant future

@Adonis we should playoffs single elim first round, best of three rest of the way. Ever been done?
Old 10-16-2014, 02:45 AM   #13
theMuzzl3

Battle Record: 2-6

theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3 theMuzzl3

20/80 -- wow... my odds are increasing. LMFAO!

Rly good job on teh mag.
theMuzzl3 AKA Malibu's Most Wanted
Old 10-16-2014, 04:35 AM   #14
Public Enema
Detained

Accomplishments
- Lifetime Faggot Award

Champed
- Jizz Eaters VII
- Can't go Night Night
- Can't go Night Night 2

Public Enema Public Enema Public Enema Public Enema Public Enema Public Enema Public Enema Public Enema Public Enema Public Enema Public Enema

Nice mag.

I especially enjoyed the album review

Cool shit

Didnt know defiant was making a splash over here

As a battler, thats good to see
Old 10-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #15
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeless View Post
@Adonis we should playoffs single elim first round, best of three rest of the way. Ever been done?
That would add an extra month and a half worth of competition.

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #16
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
Am I the only one that got dead man's angle 2x?
Care to expand

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #17
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

This is fabulous!
Old 10-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #18
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

Thanks for the effort.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #19
kannon
kickthekan

Battle Record: 9-6

Champed
- The Mic Check

kannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
I don't think there's a single writer in the history of this genre who would beat kannon 90% of the time.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Certain again.

<33333333
Old 10-16-2014, 11:35 PM   #20
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Shit gave me a throbbing hard cock