Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 09-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #1
Ryno
Retired

Battle Record: 12-10

Ryno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant future
Default Trust Fall

As I plummeted towards fate, the world seemed to slow down around me. The wind rushed past my ears, tugging at my clothes as if trying to pull me back from the abyss. The weight of my existence bore down upon me, matching the darkening sky.

Amidst this terrifying descent, my mind began to wander back to the life I was leaving behind, to the events that had brought me to this heart-wrenching moment. In the midst of my freefall, memories flashed before my eyes, each one a vivid snapshot of a life filled with love and unbearable loss.

I remembered the day of the accident—the day that irrevocably shattered my world. It was a sunny afternoon, the kind that beckoned families to take to the open road for a leisurely drive. My wife sat beside me, her laughter a soothing melody as our two daughters chattered happily in the back seat. Our family outings were always a source of joy, a respite from the everyday grind.

But fate had a cruel sense of humor that day. In the blink of an eye, our idyllic drive had turned into a nightmare. The screech of tires, the violent impact, and the haunting silence that followed. I was the sole survivor, a fact that would forever haunt my existence.

As I continued my descent, I felt the raw, searing pain of that moment all over again. The anguish and despair threatened to consume me, to rip my very soul apart. I wished I could turn back time, save them somehow, but I knew that was beyond my power.

Yet, amidst the torment, there were glimpses of warmth. Memories of vacations to serene beaches, where my daughters built sandcastles, their laughter echoing like music. Recollections of holidays when we huddled together, sharing stories and laughter by the crackling fireplace. Those were the moments that had defined the beauty of my life, the moments that made it all worthwhile.

But now, as I descended into darkness, I found myself longing for those simple pleasures, for the warmth of my family's love. In those final seconds, I realized the profound emptiness of my decision, the irrevocable loss I was about to inflict upon myself.

And then, with a shattering impact, everything went black, leaving behind a world forever altered by the absence of my laughter, the emptiness of my love.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote