Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 11-08-2020, 01:45 AM   #81
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Trump has gone full Barcotic.
he doesn't complain that much.
Eviction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 11:31 PM   #82
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

There climb taxes.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #83
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Taxes are good for the country as a whole though. Lowers crime rate, better services for everyone and also what makes healthcare in most developed nations affordable among other things. Yall just gotta figure out that last part and protest for it but I doubt that will happen, unfortunately for you guys

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:47 AM   #84
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

First tax that's going up is likely corporate, and probably just going back up to the pre-trump 28%

Don't think that'll effect anyone here
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:37 AM   #85
Smod of War
My avatar is a man, urGAY

Battle Record: 2-5

Smod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant future

Some of us are doctors ya know
Smod of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:11 AM   #86
Ajax

Battle Record: 5-4

Ajax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant future

It’ll affect some of us. Just not the ones complaining about it.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:10 AM   #87
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod of War View Post
And some of us aren’t
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:29 AM   #88
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
It’ll affect some of us. Just not the ones complaining about it.
On point

Idk whY these Trump cakes who drink PBR are acting a goddamn fool

They reaching like a mf

Crazy .. because a lot of ppl didn’t do that w/ Trump

Only thing I’ve been affected ( to the point where it resonates ) by is Covid..

Liberals talk shit during his presidency but it was more so things of a personal nature .. comments etc

Not policies

Bro I ain’t stressed about neither of them being in office
Old 11-09-2020, 02:27 PM   #89
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Yes, positive changes will have an effect on some in both directions. Who would have known positive change would mean take some and give some? Think about what it does in the long run for your country and people that do benefit from it. Unless you're 100% self centered (unfortunately a stereotype of Americans) you'll welcome these changes. If your budgeting is on a paycheck to paycheck basis the issue lies elsewhere than a smaller raise in taxes

Old 11-09-2020, 03:22 PM   #90
Ajax

Ajax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
Yes, positive changes will have an effect on some in both directions. Who would have known positive change would mean take some and give some? Think about what it does in the long run for your country and people that do benefit from it. Unless you're 100% self centered (unfortunately a stereotype of Americans) you'll welcome these changes. If your budgeting is on a paycheck to paycheck basis the issue lies elsewhere than a smaller raise in taxes
All true. But the real point is that taxes won’t be raised on most people, and there are likely only a handful of people on this board that it would affect. It’s a strange irony in this country that 90%+ of the people that would go to mattresses over the principle of “don’t increase taxes” don’t actually get their taxes increased when democrats/progressives set policy....
Old 11-09-2020, 03:56 PM   #91
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

@Ajax: Word, I don't think they're completely to blame. The fear mongering and media has a huge play on this, not to mention the backwards way of going about it. The hate "Obamacare", more suitably known as MedicAid, got from people actually needing it didn't hit home until it was gone, and we're talking otherwise smart and reflected people too. Shit like that don't change over night. We like to think we're not easily manipulated by biased news stations and anchors, google results, youtube vids and so forth but the US is among the top countries in the world when it comes to dealing with the population. The top 1% and the top 1% of that again got a strong hold on the US from the inside, which any country deals with but enough pressure forces them to agree on some things regardless that'd benefit everyone but themselves in the end. The money they'd lose is not of significant value either.

The documentary the Social Dilemma touches on this a little bit, and when I visited the US discussing politics was on a completely different vibe than what I've experienced any other place while traveling. I've been to Spain 3 times, Egypt, Italy, Russia, Switzerland. Was together with a girl from Sweden that has their own issues and a friend lived in Denmark for a while. I got online friends I've discussed for hours with from Chile, Egypt, Poland, Bulgaria and probably some other places I don't remember right away, but I feel it's quite a bit to go from in terms of political awareness and general views from all kinds of perspectives. A friend/acquaintance of mine is in the top 1% in Norway, and I know dealers and addicts personally. Had plenty of conversations with people from China, Netherlands and so on. However, a dude when I visited the US even asked me: "Now that you've been here a couple weeks, wouldn't you love to move here?" I've never gotten a question like that from ANYONE and my reply was simply: "Nah, I prefer to keep my free healthcare" and the car went dead silent, lol. When I asked if I was too upfront the others did back me up on this though. What scared me the most is how shielded from the rest of the country most people are (lots haven't even vacated outside of the US, let alone their own state!), how public transportation gets hate despite the fact it'd make traffic flow better and for people to get around cities more fluently.
There's so many things that benefit the people a portion of the population don't like for no good reason (even upper middle class and smaller business owners), and going against it only benefit the top 1%. Call me a conspiracy nut but I don't think that's a coincidence.

When Patriotism and "The American Way" become more important than actually improving the country as a whole regardless of which party is in charge something is seriously skewed from an outside perspective. A friend of mine is a politician for the right wing here in Norway and supported Trump on the basis that a Republican party is better than a Democratic one (fair). We discussed further in terms of healthcare etc. and he simply said there's no system that is without failures and things to improve without talking too much more about it cus he agreed that part is a bit fucked and could be dealt with differently.
Despite being part of our constitution that everyone has a right to shelter, healthcare and food it's such a fundamental need everyone is for it. The right wing, and not only because it'd hurt their program, believes this is a good thing that uplifts the country. Lowering homelessness and being able to aid people properly is the first step to deal with crime. Crime itself is usually a direct result from socio economic issues, addiction or not being able to support oneself from one or two jobs alone is enough to tip anyone over.

Why the average joe and intelligent people don't see this in the US is interesting to discuss the nature of. Specially in terms of taxes, if you pay too much you get it back anyways. The difference is miniscule even if it should affect most people as well, fight harder to raise the minimum wage so that it won't be that bad. In terms of the latter it's just not possible to achieve cus of how the country is set up, and how fucked you'd be without a job, so power to fight the power is already an isolated issue that should have put you in a fit of rage already. When things back to normal I can only hope the majority of the US sees this as well and take necessary action for positive change although it'd suck for a little while first. I'm legit saddened by the state of the US and how the country is ran, love a majority of everything else the US got to offer though (interesting history, music, entertainment, culture and trends etc.). Not to mention the openness and friendly nature (albeit at times fake) y'all got. Beautiful scenery too a lot of people don't get to see cus a lot of you get 2 weeks vacation a year, fuck... The US got so much potential to honestly be the #1 country in the world but alas, it is not in way too many areas. My heart and thoughts go out to you all in terms of this.

Last edited by Objective; 11-09-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:49 PM   #92
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
@Ajax: Word, I don't think they're completely to blame. The fear mongering and media has a huge play on this, not to mention the backwards way of going about it. The hate "Obamacare", more suitably known as MedicAid, got from people actually needing it didn't hit home until it was gone, and we're talking otherwise smart and reflected people too. Shit like that don't change over night. We like to think we're not easily manipulated by biased news stations and anchors, google results, youtube vids and so forth but the US is among the top countries in the world when it comes to dealing with the population. The top 1% and the top 1% of that again got a strong hold on the US from the inside, which any country deals with but enough pressure forces them to agree on some things regardless that'd benefit everyone but themselves in the end. The money they'd lose is not of significant value either.

The documentary the Social Dilemma touches on this a little bit, and when I visited the US discussing politics was on a completely different vibe than what I've experienced any other place while traveling. I've been to Spain 3 times, Egypt, Italy, Russia, Switzerland. Was together with a girl from Sweden that has their own issues and a friend lived in Denmark for a while. I got online friends I've discussed for hours with from Chile, Egypt, Poland, Bulgaria and probably some other places I don't remember right away, but I feel it's quite a bit to go from in terms of political awareness and general views from all kinds of perspectives. A friend/acquaintance of mine is in the top 1% in Norway, and I know dealers and addicts personally. Had plenty of conversations with people from China, Netherlands and so on. However, a dude when I visited the US even asked me: "Now that you've been here a couple weeks, wouldn't you love to move here?" I've never gotten a question like that from ANYONE and my reply was simply: "Nah, I prefer to keep my free healthcare" and the car went dead silent, lol. When I asked if I was too upfront the others did back me up on this though. What scared me the most is how shielded from the rest of the country most people are (lots haven't even vacated outside of the US, let alone their own state!), how public transportation gets hate despite the fact it'd make traffic flow better and for people to get around cities more fluently.
There's so many things that benefit the people a portion of the population don't like for no good reason (even upper middle class and smaller business owners), and going against it only benefit the top 1%. Call me a conspiracy nut but I don't think that's a coincidence.

When Patriotism and "The American Way" become more important than actually improving the country as a whole regardless of which party is in charge something is seriously skewed from an outside perspective. A friend of mine is a politician for the right wing here in Norway and supported Trump on the basis that a Republican party is better than a Democratic one (fair). We discussed further in terms of healthcare etc. and he simply said there's no system that is without failures and things to improve without talking too much more about it cus he agreed that part is a bit fucked and could be dealt with differently.
Despite being part of our constitution that everyone has a right to shelter, healthcare and food it's such a fundamental need everyone is for it. The right wing, and not only because it'd hurt their program, believes this is a good thing that uplifts the country. Lowering homelessness and being able to aid people properly is the first step to deal with crime. Crime itself is usually a direct result from socio economic issues, addiction or not being able to support oneself from one or two jobs alone is enough to tip anyone over.

Why the average joe and intelligent people don't see this in the US is interesting to discuss the nature of. Specially in terms of taxes, if you pay too much you get it back anyways. The difference is miniscule even if it should affect most people as well, fight harder to raise the minimum wage so that it won't be that bad. In terms of the latter it's just not possible to achieve cus of how the country is set up, and how fucked you'd be without a job, so power to fight the power is already an isolated issue that should have put you in a fit of rage already. When things back to normal I can only hope the majority of the US sees this as well and take necessary action for positive change although it'd suck for a little while first. I'm legit saddened by the state of the US and how the country is ran, love a majority of everything else the US got to offer though (interesting history, music, entertainment, culture and trends etc.). Not to mention the openness and friendly nature (albeit at times fake) y'all got. Beautiful scenery too a lot of people don't get to see cus a lot of you get 2 weeks vacation a year, fuck... The US got so much potential to honestly be the #1 country in the world but alas, it is not in way too many areas. My heart and thoughts go out to you all in terms of this.
Stopped reading after this fucking moron called the affordable care act medicaid

STFU idiot

Where do u live again ? Noruigia? Shit sound like a mario kart character

Fucking negged. Lol at 4 paragraphs.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:32 PM   #93
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod of War View Post
You’re a CNA for the military, stop.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:31 AM   #94
Smod of War
My avatar is a man, urGAY

Battle Record: 2-5

Smod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant futureSmod of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
Stopped reading after this fucking moron called the affordable care act medicaid

STFU idiot

Where do u live again ? Noruigia? Shit sound like a mario kart character

Fucking negged. Lol at 4 paragraphs.
Goneeeee
Smod of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:40 AM   #95
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

You're not going to be taking tax increases lightly when you're paying $20 for a gallon of milk. haaha.

I noticed when obama was pres taxes on shit like that increased, if I recall that's when gas was at its highest prices too.

A lot of people are slap their nuts happy over the stimulus packages when we are just going to have to pay the shit back down the road.

Last edited by Eviction; 11-10-2020 at 02:43 AM.
Eviction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:37 AM   #96
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Mannn my department got disbanded due to covid

I ain’t getting much back anyway

Hit me with the stimmy partna idc lmaooo

I hear you Eviction .. but I’m just one of many who could care less ( in regards to paying it back ) . That’s all

Honestly could careless if we got another check either tho . I’m straight

Last edited by El Muffin; 11-10-2020 at 05:01 AM.
El Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:20 AM   #97
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

lol @ how close this thread is to 'thank you President Trump for the lowest gas prices we've seen in years!'

This is why I don't have fb
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:14 AM   #98
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

your taxes are going up in 2021 regardless because that's how trump paid for the corporate tax cuts. graduated increases from 2021 forward.

but the GOP will blame Biden, ofc.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:36 AM   #99
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

It’s funny when people use Trump and “policies” in the same thought as though he can even have a complete one in that dye-ridden vacuous orange head
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:04 AM   #100
Ajax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviction View Post
You're not going to be taking tax increases lightly when you're paying $20 for a gallon of milk. haaha.

I noticed when obama was pres taxes on shit like that increased, if I recall that's when gas was at its highest prices too.

A lot of people are slap their nuts happy over the stimulus packages when we are just going to have to pay the shit back down the road.
No offense, but this just isn’t accurate. Gas prices actually went down significantly under Obama (after they leveled back off following the credit crisis). Because the price of oil wasn’t tied at all to Obama’s regulations/policies.

And no one, in the history of the US, has ever had to pay anything close to $20 for a gallon of milk. The highest price milk has ever gone for was during G Dub’s tenure. It went down under Obama.

People have the weirdest preconceptions about what happens during Democrat tenures. They always assume that prices go up on everything. It never happens. There tend to be minor increases on income and corporate taxes that disproportionately impact really wealthy people. But, day to day, prices on everyday goods stay the same or go down.