Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 02-12-2024, 12:52 PM   #41
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sral View Post
Do you believe you write verses that could be rapped to a beat?
abso-fucking-lutely
symetrik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:28 PM   #42
Regulator

Regulator Regulator Regulator Regulator Regulator Regulator Regulator Regulator Regulator Regulator Regulator

If you have a league based on hip hop aspects who is going to decide if it’s hip hop or not seems like a very subjective thing
Regulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 08:48 PM   #43
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Quote:
Do you believe you write verses that could be rapped to a beat?
You know every single one of my verses can be spat on a beat.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Master Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM   #44
Cereal
killa

Battle Record: 1-6

Cereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant future

spekt
Old 02-13-2024, 04:26 AM   #45
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Mine can also, I just didn’t get that vibe with Objective and Cereal which made me wonder why them preferring a hip hop based writing outlet was a priority.
sral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 06:49 AM   #46
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Mine can also, I just didn’t get that vibe with Objective and Cereal which made me wonder why them preferring a hip hop based writing outlet was a priority.
To add on to what I've already said:

A common feed that occurs when I post elsewhere:
"Do you rap or write lyrics? It has that element to it." Even when I don't write with a beat signature in mind which you're right about. I don't do that often anymore. I like to break rules and create transitions that wouldn't work well on a beat, I don't see the point in limiting myself too much in terms of storytelling unless I'm going to record it as well. That's me personally tho. I also don't particularly like getting "+ points" or "refreshing read" just because it's different than what they're used to, detracts from what I'm looking for in feedback and critique.

"I don't understand the slang but after a Google search I got it." Which kinda detracts from the reading experience, or if I use references I got to be wary of what would easily be understood by hiphop heads but not so much elsewhere.

Just shit like that, mainly. Also the fact people are way more critical in terms of use of vowels and consonants, when to use them and so on. Language preferred being "poetic" or "beautiful" more often than not. A lot miss out on rhyme schemes beyond internals as well. I like the rawness of language without having to worry about which word is easier to say in succession of another and how your mouth/tongue is positioned when saying the next word so it "floats better".

The "Do's" and "Don't's" are different but both has its place, ya know?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 02-13-2024 at 06:57 AM.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 05:57 PM   #47
Cereal
killa

Cereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant future

i like the pulse when read that you get from hip hop not poetry i finished poetry class got published n that but im retired for the love of hip hop with a whole album in the works n ep..

i got the albums paid beats and working with n mc selecting the free beats for the ep of his when he makes some for us
Old 02-14-2024, 05:58 PM   #48
Cereal
killa

i made something like 4 albums so far

they up to 3k plays on the radio and 200 d/l
Old 02-14-2024, 06:01 PM   #49
Cereal
killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
To add on to what I've already said:

A common feed that occurs when I post elsewhere:
"Do you rap or write lyrics? It has that element to it." Even when I don't write with a beat signature in mind which you're right about. I don't do that often anymore. I like to break rules and create transitions that wouldn't work well on a beat, I don't see the point in limiting myself too much in terms of storytelling unless I'm going to record it as well. That's me personally tho. I also don't particularly like getting "+ points" or "refreshing read" just because it's different than what they're used to, detracts from what I'm looking for in feedback and critique.

"I don't understand the slang but after a Google search I got it." Which kinda detracts from the reading experience, or if I use references I got to be wary of what would easily be understood by hiphop heads but not so much elsewhere.

Just shit like that, mainly. Also the fact people are way more critical in terms of use of vowels and consonants, when to use them and so on. Language preferred being "poetic" or "beautiful" more often than not. A lot miss out on rhyme schemes beyond internals as well. I like the rawness of language without having to worry about which word is easier to say in succession of another and how your mouth/tongue is positioned when saying the next word so it "floats better".

The "Do's" and "Don't's" are different but both has its place, ya know?
poetry kids are more anal like that but, they kinda have room to be like that they twice as pretty as us hip hop kids that look and work looks a hot mess from the streets
Old 02-15-2024, 02:16 AM   #50
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal View Post
i made something like 4 albums so far

they up to 3k plays on the radio and 200 d/l
link me to these albums please
Old 02-15-2024, 01:06 PM   #51
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

I’m currently trying to get some of my writing published in literary magazines. Rhyming is very frowned upon in the poetry world but imo that’s because they can’t do it anywhere near the complexity level that we’ve reached. That being said I’m also submitting non rhyming stuff, my favorite of which is micro fiction, which is usually 50 words or less. I can crank those out quick. There’s publications that do monthly topics on those
Old 02-15-2024, 03:05 PM   #52
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

@Cereal - Haha, for sure. I do love that vibe, style of writing and stuff too when done really well, though. It's just that I never really feel at home with it, the atmosphere or whatever. Can't really put my finger on exactly what it is. If that makes sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post
Rhyming is very frowned upon in the poetry world but imo that’s because they can’t do it anywhere near the complexity level that we’ve reached.
I feel like it has its place but a lot of the hate towards it comes of to me as projection because a vast majority just can't do it beyond single syllabic rhyming, or willing to put in the work to learn, so free form is more accepted and understood. A lot of readers don't pick up on it either. But those that read and/or write sonnets and strict form poetry and excel at it is on "Whoa!" levels of good. And I do agree that the level reached here is next level stuff not picked up by the writing world yet, but I have no doubt it will be eventually.

People can't really hate on it too much either cus too many of the greats are amazing. The storytelling and depth in The Raven is an example and personal fav of mine I bring forth when people are set on free form poetry as the one and only form that doesn't come off as "childish".

Micro novels sound interesting though, never thought about that being a thing. You still writing children books and stuff tho? If so, how's that coming along?

Old 02-15-2024, 03:32 PM   #53
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post
Rhyming is very frowned upon in the poetry world
lmao never expected to read this post tbh
Old 02-15-2024, 06:22 PM   #54
Cereal
killa

Quote:
link me to these albums please
https://soundcloud.com/aaron-batty-951093780

https://www.youtube.com/@aaronbatty7605

https://archive.org/details/joint-cu...ania-to-london
https://archive.org/details/17-jonny...of-immortality
Old 02-15-2024, 07:23 PM   #55
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like this idea is really growing legs can’t wait to see how it’s progressing in 2026
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:13 PM   #56
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Quote:
lmao never expected to read this post tbh
Most common feedback from this world is "childish" and "detracts from the overall message". My brain: "Huh, what... How? You trash af bruh but fair enough, you do you"

Old 02-22-2024, 02:21 PM   #57
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RustyGunZ~ View Post
Seems like this idea is really growing legs can’t wait to see how it’s progressing in 2026
bro relax I do two jobs and just got back from Japan :sob: I KNOW I WANT IT TOO
symetrik is online now   Reply With Quote