Old 08-07-2014, 09:40 PM   #201
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
Just write one of those up and then post it. Shit, I'm not calling you out because of a grudge. I just wanted to see you write something real. I figured those topics would be up your alley.
word man i need to write more
Old 08-08-2014, 03:08 AM   #202
Malachi
Negus

Battle Record: 5-10

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Malachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i stay away from trip hop since its kind of already hip hopish. like its beats already know what i mean. i tend to only sample stuff that isnt hip hop, and make it hip hop

but yea i sample soul mostly just cuz its what speaks to me

but i also go for movie soundtracks, library music soundtracks from europe (its like instrumental stuff, background music for stuff), rock occasionally there is just so much trash tho i stay away from it. but when you find a dope rock sample its usually EXTREMELY dope. just alot harder to find something inspiring. i sample gospel but thats more in the same vein as soul, i've sampled video game music, i've sampled reggae

sample anything really.

i just try and stay in the 1968-1975 range. but again you can find dope stuff before then, and after that, i just tend to find doper stuff in those years
Nah I think u took it wrong I don't wanna sample trip hop I wanna like make it. But idk where to start and its just to try my hand at it
Old 08-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #203
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future

@uh-oh

most recent thing ive made
at 80 tempo
theres like a 40 sec intro i tried workin wit a lil

yea tell me what u think, ill be tryin to figure out this triphop shit n fuckin around in the program meanwhile

https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/temptation

also u started on the vid or nah?
Old 08-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #204
big baby
obsessed

Battle Record: Faggot-1

Accomplishments
- can recite entirety of shrek 2

Champed
- tangoed with spider man behind scenes in spider-man 2
- was candidate for gerber baby 3x
- smush parker like bb comment on instagram saying "u fucka suck idiyote"
- smush beer on head and didn't cry
- parallel parked in between 2 ferrari's in tonky truck once
- when saying pledge of allegiance i said "i don't" lmao deadass bb satan
- won tshirt from taco bell saying "taco cat" is the same backwards for filling out 500 surveys in a
- neighbor house caught on fire i call FIRE department and saved lives, was in newspaper
- set neighbor house on fire lmao
- fuck neighbor husband and wife
- first fish caught resembled david ortiz
- colin kaepernick
- related to genghis khan
- elected assistant to the vice president assistant to the president for regional chess club
- never lost game of hide and seek

big baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant futurebig baby has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to big baby

this nigga @DLB said "certains area" twice in the last page

gay
If mentioned in a discussion its who'd still use wordy lines and act all dope
Then again hes had this schtick so long he like bb da bb da bb thats all folks
big baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #205
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
@uh-oh

most recent thing ive made
at 80 tempo
theres like a 40 sec intro i tried workin wit a lil

yea tell me what u think, ill be tryin to figure out this triphop shit n fuckin around in the program meanwhile

https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/temptation

also u started on the vid or nah?
nah, but i got the next 8 days off so its coming

the intro was cool a bit lengthy tho, the beat was dopeee tho. drums worked. wasnt the biggest fan of the hook section but it vibes. the main verse sections are dope

im happy that i dont have to critique your SOUNDS. its just the placement and with this one it worked so its all good

i got you on the vid for sure tho, i just gotta get some batteries for my headphones i can't record the audio with it playing through my speakers. this week tho

because all you really need now is the inner workings of the program and more advanced little tweaking type aspects

along with more indepth chopping but thats not always needed, where as the tweaking and rough mixing helps alotttt
Old 08-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #206
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
nah, but i got the next 8 days off so its coming

the intro was cool a bit lengthy tho, the beat was dopeee tho. drums worked. wasnt the biggest fan of the hook section but it vibes. the main verse sections are dope

im happy that i dont have to critique your SOUNDS. its just the placement and with this one it worked so its all good

i got you on the vid for sure tho, i just gotta get some batteries for my headphones i can't record the audio with it playing through my speakers. this week tho

because all you really need now is the inner workings of the program and more advanced little tweaking type aspects

along with more indepth chopping but thats not always needed, where as the tweaking and rough mixing helps alotttt
wordd thanks man, wym u dont gotta critique my sounds tho?
ight mann uve gotten me like 4 times hope u can come thruu
Old 08-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #207
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i mean the drum sounds you use. most people pick sounds that dont vibe with samples/beats, or stuff that doesnt go together, like terrible stock drum sounds

i know i uploaded my drum kit but its not all gold alot are terrible by themselves without layering other drums with them lol

but your picking good snares, and good kicks.

basically nothing corny, alot of new dudes don't have the ear for picking drums. i havent had to touch your drum SOUNDS at all. its more just placement, which is good.

i recorded something earlier, for sampling the bass seperately i'll try and upload tonight
Old 08-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #208
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

word word
Old 08-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #209
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

https://www.mediafire.com/?69dc35k2z835gb2

just realized i didnt show how to actually move sounds into the mixer

upped that anyways to show i did it tho lol

i got you on some more shit tho, i tried going with recent project files to show shit and failed. i'll have to just do a long vid start to finish and try and touch every aspect involved.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:41 AM   #210
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
https://www.mediafire.com/?69dc35k2z835gb2

just realized i didnt show how to actually move sounds into the mixer

upped that anyways to show i did it tho lol

i got you on some more shit tho, i tried going with recent project files to show shit and failed. i'll have to just do a long vid start to finish and try and touch every aspect involved.
word man this was great. i was thinking u put samples n drums in a seperate pattern to get them in the mixer? cause i uslaly have te sample in the pattern then add the drums to the same

but word this is helpfull ill be studying this n the first one till the next ones come

yo beats u was workin on was alsoo niceee
Old 08-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #211
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh what's good ?
Old 08-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #212
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
word man this was great. i was thinking u put samples n drums in a seperate pattern to get them in the mixer? cause i uslaly have te sample in the pattern then add the drums to the same
yea that didnt have to do with the mixer tho. i did that strictly for laziness/shortcut purposes

i do it how you do too, i did this one that way as well. the first file i load was just a quick thing i did recently, it was only that one pattern initially.

what i did tho, was deleted the sample from the MAIN pattern. the one with the drums. that made pattern 1, only drums. i then laid out the sample in pattern 2, for the main part, and in pattern 3 the sample changeup. so pattern 2 and 3 had no drums, just sample. pattern 1 was drums.

it has nothing to do with the mixer tho, thats just for arrangement of the final beat purposes.

that way i can use the same 4 bar loop of drums, over two different 4 bar sample patterns. the sample change is enough, sometimes.

in this case i had the sample play without drums for the intro, i forget without watching it again, but for example, pattern 2 followed by pattern 3. so 8 bar intro, and then i put pattern 2, and pattern 1 in, so they play together, and pattern 1 being drums. i used pattern 1 with the changeup pattern 3 again, then after sixteen bars can do just pattern 2 followed by pattern 3 with no drums again, for 8 bars, which is like a hook, and back into the drums

but word to get it in the mixer so you can control stuff is different. there are a couple ways, the easiest of which is probably the send to option or whatever.

when you click something to timestretch for example, that window or whatever that shows the sound file or chops sound waves with all the knobs

in the top right there is a little box, if you click it and hold the click down, you can then move the mouse up slowly while holding it and change the number

that number represents mixer channels. so every sample chop, you can set it to 01. for every kick drum, you can send it to 02. for every snare to 03. hihats to 04. bass to 05. percussive elements and cymbals or whatever to 06, so on and so forth

you can put them in any order you like

but the benefits of using the mixer is it makes stuff universal, like instead of adjusting the volume of each chop, it turns them all down, or up. when you do effects and stuff, like if you put an equaliser, or compression, or reverb or whatever, it wont just do it to one individual sound, it will put it on every sound you link to that channel.

its basically needed. you don't need to be an audio engineer. you make beats. mixing comes with time tho, its stupid easy to overdo anything. most of the time i'm turning knobs down, instead of turning knobs up. but an example of a genius with mixing is dr dre. his shit always hits perfect, no sounds compete. like a glimpse into serious mixing is like, take kicks and bass for example. a bassline is a prolonged type of deep sound, where a kick gets in and out its a quick stab of low frequency. they both occupy the lower frequencies. think about it like PIPES YO. plumbing or something.

lets say you have 3 pipes. one has high pitched sounds, one middle range, and one lows. these 3 pipes all meet and combine their contents at the end of their journey. mixing is controlling the levels of water or whatever going through so its even.

but this IS hip hop. lows dominate. so there will be slightly more lows, but the mids and highs never get DROWNED OUT they have to be clearly present too.

but not only are you mixing these 3 kinds of sounds/frequencies/fluids, but each individual pipe is a mixture

so the low end, with the bass and the kick, when your filling that pipe with fluid, you dont

wait, let me get away from the metaphor.

in frequencies you don't want your sounds COMPETING with eachother, you want them to compliment eachother. with kicks and bass, they both live in the low frequencies. they are low deep sounds. now if you got a deep kick, and a deep bass, they can try to take the same frequency and one of them will lose.

the bassline might muddy the kick drum up. so it doesnt PUNCH through and KNOCK like it should. the bass is drowning it, its there but it aint crisp, so you might have to turn some of the highs and mids up in the kick drum to get it to poke through

or vice versa

and that goes with EVERY SOUND. the snare lives in the mid range, its gonna compete with mid range sounds. the hihat live in the high frequencies, so on and so forth

mixing is the art of combining sounds, where everything is clear and coherent. you bass is HITTING. your kick is HITTING. the snare is SMACKING, nothing is too loud or too quiet, and its CLEAR.

the key to alot of it is just turning stuff DOWN.

you are going to want to turn stuff up. if your kick aint loud enough, turn everything else down till its at the level you want

at the END, you can turn the MASTER track up, and make the whole beat louder

the master controls every sound at once, every other track you send something to in the mixer can be customised to control individual sounds

but yea man its too much to type really i gotta go more indepth

i basically made a vid showing you how to do a single advanced thing in the mixer, instead of just showing you how to use the mixer in general
Old 08-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #213
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Word at @uh-oh that should be good for now, when u gon post it?
Ill be using it now tho
Old 08-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #214
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

workin on this triphop beat , also downloadin some steviee

u ever try doin a trapbeat @uh-oh
Old 09-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #215
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

yea im wack at it tho

i can lay dope drums down, but i suck at playing catchy melodies, and i don't have the proper vst's and keyboards to make that type of stuff even if i did

you can sort of make trap beats sampling, my dude poet is nice with it, but they aint really trap beats. its like what im teaching you, just with trap drums, he's got a good ear for samples that work with them

but yea drumwise its basically an 808 kit for every trap beat ever, just with the drums tweaked, and layered.

different types of claps. instead of the big gunshot sounding snares or boom bap its the quick slappy snares. instead of the realistic hihat drums, they are the loud computerised hihats moving fast driving the beat, with a simple booming 808 type kick keeping it knocking

but yea trap beats like using alot of "minor" snares i'll call them. i think in drumming they'd be referred to as "ghost notes", where you hit a softer snare alot inbetween the main 1-2
Old 09-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #216
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

also everything is quantised, there is no swing

alot of what you hear is mpc note repeat

like im trying to think of a beat. im sure lil waynes shit, a milli, 6 ft. all of that uses note repeat, a feature on the mpc, you can draw sounds in like that in fl's piano roll.

thats a bangladesh beat. he's a monster. no bassline, just an 808 kick (provides the bass, deep booming kicks), a soft 808 snare, and a snare/clap. no hats. no sounds even, just the a milli vocal sample looped. notice how plain the drums are tho, less is more.

that was a bad example of what i was looking for but its an example of the drums used

this is extremely random i just typed in 2 chainz instrumental and this is what popped up.

listen to the hihats. hear how they speed up and stutter? thats an mpc's note repeat function. you literally just hold down a pad, and you can adjust how fast they trigger while you hold it while hitting another button.

in FL you have to draw them in so its more complicated but once you know how to place them its easy.

also notice the kicks, again those are 808 kicks. deep booming kicks, but in this beat they actually use different keys. the main 808 would be c5 basically. like in the piano roll of FL, it would be the middlemost key, but every now and then they trigger a key or two higher, so its like BA BA boom. the boom, is just the regular kick. the BA BA is the same kick, they're just hitting it so it plays at a higher note.

also listen to the snare, its an 808 snare, little weak and slappy. but they put a finger cymbal over it as well.

if you want, post a song/beat you have in mind when your thinking of a trap beat, and i will deconstruct it and show you how to do the drums at least, and what kind of sounds were involved

usually with beats you want to stay away from premade drumkits, but with trap/southern/banger type beats they are kind of what you want. doesnt work the same with a grimey kick and snare, you need the cleaner sounds that dont sound as good over an old grittty sample
Old 09-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #217
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
yea im wack at it tho

i can lay dope drums down, but i suck at playing catchy melodies, and i don't have the proper vst's and keyboards to make that type of stuff even if i did

you can sort of make trap beats sampling, my dude poet is nice with it, but they aint really trap beats. its like what im teaching you, just with trap drums, he's got a good ear for samples that work with them

but yea drumwise its basically an 808 kit for every trap beat ever, just with the drums tweaked, and layered.

different types of claps. instead of the big gunshot sounding snares or boom bap its the quick slappy snares. instead of the realistic hihat drums, they are the loud computerised hihats moving fast driving the beat, with a simple booming 808 type kick keeping it knocking

but yea trap beats like using alot of "minor" snares i'll call them. i think in drumming they'd be referred to as "ghost notes", where you hit a softer snare alot inbetween the main 1-2
how do you know like if wanna layer drumss like on top of each other

i been kinda put back by school but ima be back on this harder
Old 09-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #218
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

https://soundcloud.com/prophetmt/trippinsnip

da gawd been workin on this triphop fyah. the drums kinda been like the trap shit i got em from yo 808 drum kit
Old 09-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #219
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh how u usually like when u got a nice ass sample but at the beggining niggas is talking .
Old 09-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #220
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

it all depends really, if i can chop around it, or not.

using smaller chops sometimes you can rebuild whats behind talking by taking every open moment where they aint talking.

alot of times you can't tho.

the same with singing, there is no real way to just take vocals off of something and get the music behind it.

but lets say its a 1 bar chop you want. in the sample it keeps looping over but people are talking over it.

well in one instance the first beat is open, so you can take that, then in another segment the second beat is open so you take that, so on and so on until you find the 4 one beat chops to make that 1 bar loop.

you can also get smaller and take half beat chops

but i didnt show the half beat chops yet, or 1 beat chops. thats next on the agenda i've just been busy as shit

Tags
become one w/ buttplug, lower tier scissorfags, meth induced tutorial, stole swamp things walkman, the zen of sodomy and cake