Old 06-15-2020, 08:51 PM   #1
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute
Default WEEK QUICK MAG: SO FRESH SO CLEAN!! BY ARTIFICE!!!

GWL Mag Week 10:SO FRESH SO CLEAN!!!

Intro:

Gwl Magazine Week 10: So Fresh & So Clean

aight motherfuckers, let's get into it. Last week we had four battles, and it was still like pulling teeth to get votes.

We all gotta try and get those votes in, the longer that takes the longer potentially between weeks and we can lose momentum. That being said, taking the week-long break seemed to do the league some good asthis week we've had some people sign in and shit's getting interesting. We almost had more drama, but fortunately we've all matured in the last fortnight and instead of animosity we've set up arguably the most anticipated battle of the season for next week. If you don't know what the fuck i'm talking about you should probably read the discussion thread or better yet, the entire mag. Also, seems like shit in the real world is starting to open back up, let's hope all you writers make sure not to let your social lives get in the way of this poetry shit, priorities people. Enough jibber jabber, let's get into it.

WEEK 10 PICTURE CHALLENGE: REVIEW

I don't even remember if Inno had a picture posted and none of us participated, or if there wasn't even a picture posted. Either way, didn't happen, so no pic champ this week. Also there's no pic challenge this week so the only accomplishment available is the championship belt itself. Put that work in.

POWER RANKINGS!

big changes to the power rankings from last week... I'm not ranking them 1 to 5, you can all argue about that in the discussion thread. Given the number of newly signed back in writers, I'm arranging these 5 in an order where all could be for 1, and 1 could be for all. We'll see if anyone picks up on the easter egg (maybe Vulgar given his field of study?)

dead man

Notable wins: Adverse, Inno
NS Wins: 2
Record: 4-2

Showing back up to fill in for the vacant champ match, the veteran topical and OM writer of netcees will always be in the power rankings if he's signed in, let's face it.

Universe

Notable wins: dead man, Clutubkc
NS Wins: 1 (Master Rock)
Record: 6-2

Universe seems to have gotten a breath of fresh air and is motivated to return. That's not good for the rest of us, as he's noted for dropping top tier verses week after week. His overarching narrative is finished, but that doesn't mean his winning is.

MMLP

Notable wins: Bodey
NS Wins: None as far as I know (briefly checked the archives)
Record: 3-2

Recently signed back in, MMLP was in the league when it started and has shown he's able to go against anyone. A pupil of the legendary Lars, MMLP loves the complex structures and schemes (couldn't you tell by the moniker). If his pen hasn't gotten lazy, he'll likely stay in here for the remainder of the season.

Adverse

Notable wins: MMLP, Bodey, Vulgar(sub), Johnny 6 feet
NS Wins: 1
Record: 6-3

Hungry for that championship, Ad's been putting the work in. He's got a chance to take it and be a part of the triple-threat match next week, and I'm sure he's got both eyes on both prizes.

Scar

Notable wins: Universe, Inno
NS Wins: none
Record: 4-1

Another former champ jumping back in it, Scar's ready to contend for that triple-threat match next week as well. If he's gotten the same fresh outlook that Universe has come back with, this contender's match is gonna be lit! Another to likely remain in the power rankings for the rest of the season.

Week 9: Reviews
By: ADVERSE

WEEK 10: PREVIEWS!
By: ARTIFCE

MMLP vs. Pharoah's Army

aight, looking forward to this one here... MMLP has been signed out for several weeks, and Pharoah's been facing some tough competition in dead man and back-to-back subs by Vulgar. These two last met up in Week 5 with MMLP taking the victory. If MMLP has any rust, he better shake it off cuz I think Pharoah's coming for blood in this revenge match. Let's see it. Pharaoh 55/45 MMLP

Inno vs. Johnny 6 feet

Coming off his first loss this season in a close contender's match, I see Johnny coming out guns blazing. Inno lost the Champ Match in Week 8 and then took a week off so we'll see where his heads at this week. I think if Inno goes the poetry-route and connects with the readers he'll put up a good fight, but I see Johnny wanting redemption for his loss. Johnny 6 feet 65/35 Inno.

Brokenhal0 vs. Candy vs. Symetrik

broken's coming off a win last week so he's coming in with some momentum. Candy's been signed out for a bit so we'll see how that affects them this week, and I don't think symetrik has been signed in this season (too lazy to check the archives right now). All 3 of these writers can put it down when they want to, but broken's got the edge with his pen sharpened and focused from time spent in the league. Candy and sym better dig deep to keep competitive here, though they're both definitely capable of doing so. Brokenhal0 40/ Candy 30/ symetrick 30

Artifice vs. Activate Self

this one should be a good one. artifice is I think Is hitting his stride and getting into his groove. hes a vet with a dope style that can adjust to any topic given. versatile and always compact with the wording. while SELF is a not know by most but is a beast on with the topicals. he reminds me of universe if im being honest. a prolific writer with a knack for a readers voice. again this one should be a close one. I think am a go with artifice as SELF hasn't been active and might have that rust going lol. art 60/40

Contenders: Universe vs. Scar

damn, so with Lars having to step out for a week, there were some last minute adjustments made, and this week's contenders match sees two former champions trying to regain what was theirs. Both have been signed out the last couple of weeks, but since they've been in the league they've been consistently dropping quality pieces. I expect this one to be no different, and giving Universe the slight edge as I think he wants to prove something signing back in. Universe 60/40 Scar

Interim Champ Match: Adverse vs. dead man

So we've got an interim champ match this week since the current belt-holder couldn't participate. Dead man offered to step in so that Adverse would have an opponent this week, plus that topic pic is pretty damn good. Ad's been dropping heat and he wants that belt. Dead man's the vet and almost always the favourite in a battle, but I think Ad's gonna really come focused this week and deliver a piece that'll be hard to defeat. Adverse 55/45 dead man

OUTRO

so the week had a huge wrench thrown into it but luckily unlike previous issues this one was handled with the grace and poise that's synonymous with unicorn-vomiting poetry people like us. The set of circumstances has led to a first in the GWL with next week having a three-way champ match! That's right ladies and gentleman, next week we'll see the winner of this week's interm and contender's matches duke it out with Lars in a triple-threat match that would make Vince McMahon blush. Fireworks for certain. Let's make this week the suitable build-up it should be and use that momentum to close out the season strong before playoffs. Only two weeks left after this one. Until next time...

UPDATE:UPDATE: It has come to the attention of upper and lower management that @sraL has needed to take an extended leave of absence. We wish him all the best during his hiatus and anticipate his return to the world of topical writing. Insofar as next week goes, we will be reverting back to a standard champ match between the interim champ winner and contender's match winner. Thank you very much.

@Adverse
@Universe
@Bodey
@Scar
@Clutbuck
@Johnny 6 feet
@NoetiC
@dead man
@Ender
@Candy
@Pharaohs Army
@Ouch
@Elfo
@Artifice
@Blue Bayou
@Elfo
@Echo
@Requiem
@john hensley

Last edited by Inno; 06-15-2020 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:32 PM   #2
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

dope intro..
i love the pic challange we def should bring it back
thanks for the break down
dope mag
r.i.p rasL

Old 06-15-2020, 09:32 PM   #3
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Lmao those pictures kill me lol. Love this. I vote @Artifice to write the mag forever...
Old 06-15-2020, 11:51 PM   #4
Scar

Battle Record: 7-5

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League

Scar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant future

thanks for stepping up, art. great read here my man
Old 06-16-2020, 12:16 AM   #5
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future

Sorry for slacking on reviews finishing up my verse then will drop.

And to clarify the missing pic challenge last week, i set the week up and had a picture posted, but something went wrong with the link and the picture went down and i didn't have sufficient time to fix it so sorry about that y'all!

Good read Art thank you for your continued efforts when some of us have faltered
Old 06-16-2020, 12:43 AM   #6
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Battle Record: 6-10

Champed
- What's That?! A Cypher!

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future

Fire mag

@Blue Bayou take notes
Topical Head
Old 06-16-2020, 02:38 AM   #7
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Dope mag

I’ve been hit pretty hard by my daughters teeth coming through, going back to work, overtime and looking to buy a new (bigger) house. Manpoems aren’t at the forefront of my mind right now, gonna prob take 4-6 weeks out and see where we’re at
Old 06-16-2020, 02:41 AM   #8
Candy
Sell Her

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

take care big dude

Old 06-16-2020, 04:45 AM   #9
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
Dope mag

I’ve been hit pretty hard by my daughters teeth coming through, going back to work, overtime and looking to buy a new (bigger) house. Manpoems aren’t at the forefront of my mind right now, gonna prob take 4-6 weeks out and see where we’re at
You know, Lars... I'm literally going through the same thing right now lol. I have a 3 month old daughter who has just started teething. Look up "gripe water"... does wonders. Grab some baby tylenol too.

From one new dad to another... best of luck.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:33 AM   #10
ACTIVATE SELF

Battle Record: 2-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

ACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant futureACTIVATE SELF has a brilliant future

This was nice. Wish I had time to drop, but...life happens.

@Art—dope verse.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:04 PM   #11
Candy
Sell Her

nice signature @ACTIVATE SELF

Old 06-16-2020, 12:47 PM   #12
Artifice

Battle Record: 17-9

Champed
- Art Of Writing League
- GWL Picture Challenge

Artifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant future

glad you guys enjoyed it... and @Universe here's one I forgot to include...

and @sraL, good luck with all you've got going on. We genuinely look forward to your return, and my message in the intro wasn't aimed at you, that's real ife shit you got going on, not just social life shit.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:21 PM   #13
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Battle Record: 8-4

Champed

Johnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant future

Luckily for me I have no life to speak of so keeping up with the league should be cake until it's conclusion.

Thanks for doing the mag Art. I appreciate Inno was busy and this is just a great way to start off a new week. Kudos.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:29 PM   #14
Scar

Champed

Scar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant futureScar has a brilliant future

@Artifice, i'd like to write an article on top 4 @Sinacog verses of the season for the next installment. @Universe says he will contribute to the article as well.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:22 PM   #15
Artifice

Battle Record: 17-9

Champed
- Art Of Writing League
- GWL Picture Challenge

Artifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
@Artifice, i'd like to write an article on top 4 @Sinacog verses of the season for the next installment. @Universe says he will contribute to the article as well.
you've got moxie gents, I like it.

This is the kinds of story that will get our magazine flying off the shelves. Have it on my desk by the end of next week, and we'll get you front page billing.
Old 06-18-2020, 03:16 AM   #16
Scar

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
you've got moxie gents, I like it.

This is the kinds of story that will get our magazine flying off the shelves. Have it on my desk by the end of next week, and we'll get you front page billing.
will do sir. (i'm half serious about this too lulz!)
Old 06-18-2020, 05:06 PM   #17
Johnny 6 feet
Storyteller

Battle Record: 8-4

Champed

Johnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant futureJohnny 6 feet has a brilliant future

I feel left out that sinabon hasn't done a diss piece to me yet. Still looking for that titanic match against him. *sigh* A man can dream.