Old 06-29-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future
Default title track off my next tape that will never drop

https://soundcloud.com/jameshalton/ohio

listen to it.

mike booth made the perfect track over this already im just too lazy to find someone to sing the hook but word heres the beat
Old 06-29-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

What's the hook? Ohio?

Dude if i had a Mic rn i could record that shit easily
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:26 PM   #3
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

yea i was thinking just of having someone sing along with the, OHHH, HIIII, OHHHHHH during the hook part where i drop the drums except the tamborines. if you can get your hands on a mic i could send you the original sample to sing along with, and then i could pitch your vocals at the same amount i pitched the sample so it blends.

anyone really i should ask some people. even if i had a few random people with mics do it i could bleed them altogether to just bring up the choir sound of the original sample.

the main reason i need someone to sing along with it is because when booths verses ends its too quiet in comparison, and there is no way to raise the volume of just the vocals in the sample. but i figured if i could bring up the OHIIOOOO to adequate levels, and just have booth riff inbetween and around them it would be perfect

cuz booth laced this shit, its probably my favorite track i've made its just unfinished

actually i'm gonna try and finish this this weekend, i'll get some rapper people to do it. with enough different voices all pitched together it should work. I might buy a mic too FUCK IT
Old 06-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #4
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Nope. You're high.

If i sang to the original, then you pitched me itd sound weird. And i feel you about the 2-3 layers on it. That would be gangster. But i think this track could do with a little layers on the hook like i could do easily, then get boof to do a to second "WHERE IM FROM" oooohhhhhiiiiooooooo.... But then also be talking like "shouts to akron, canton" something like that.

I likes this beat tho.

You busy tonight? Imma throw up my last few recents have you take a peak
Old 06-29-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Listen to FEELING GOOD.mp3 by Isaac Meyer #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/isaac-meyer-3/feeling-good-mp3-1
Old 06-29-2016, 08:43 PM   #6
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Listen to wrapped.mp3 by Isaac Meyer #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/isaac-meyer-3/wrapped-mp3
Old 06-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #7
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

not too big of a fan of feeling good. i liked the ewwwwwhooo stabs but the feeling good vocal sample itself felt overused, the tamborines seem a little stiff. its cool for what it is though, you gotta come at that sample different like you did since its probably a top 10 song all times in terms of being recognized lol.

wrapped is way better. not sure i like the cymbals you brought in tho but it fills it out. when the vocals drop out shits goinnn. not big on the synth brought in though. the sound used. the arrangement is dope. your nice at layering sounds but again its all sounds that are unexpected, which is kind of jolting. it could just be me, but all the melodies and countermelodies work. if you can keep the same arrangement and just swap to different sounds it would be better. as it is though i mean you put together a banger, its not a skills thing as much as a sound selection thing. and im wack at both. also the thing is the sounds grow on me as i listen to it, except the squiggly weird matrix bubbles on the hooks. but like i was saying the sounds grow on me and then seem to sound right, but when they initially come in its like nahh you should change the synth used. the arrangements and melodies are good but the sound itself. you still using reason? im not sure if thats vst compatible yet, but if you can just change the refill sound or whatever they're called i'd try experimenting with different ones to try and find shit that sounds more natural

but word good shit
Old 06-29-2016, 10:24 PM   #8
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Ya, i was just trynna make some shit with the nina cuz it just goes so hard.

But yeah, you always hate my synths LOL

i think reason 8 is vst compatible but that's 169 to upgrade. That shitll be on and popping if i get that tho cuz then i can throw in some for real live sounding shit.

I know you bro, i think you got a great ear. You should try and do more original stuff just to practice.

But YO i told you before and I'm bored enough tonight to set it up but i had a genius idea.

Are you running win 10 yet?
Old 06-30-2016, 03:01 AM   #9
kannon
kickthekan

Battle Record: 9-6

Champed
- The Mic Check

kannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant futurekannon has a brilliant future

Stalley already dropped an album titled, "Ohio."

beat's dope as fuck tho
Old 06-30-2016, 03:10 AM   #10
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

UH OHHHHHH!!! Shit's about to go down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HhT...dhtbO8&index=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA17...=RD0HhTTdhtbO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voyG...dhtbO8&index=9

Check your PM's.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:12 AM   #11
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Apparently I can't send PM's on here. Check your email
Old 06-30-2016, 05:44 AM   #12
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Nice
Old 06-30-2016, 08:28 AM   #13
Artifice

Battle Record: 17-9

Champed
- Art Of Writing League
- GWL Picture Challenge

Artifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant futureArtifice has a brilliant future

dope. definitely my kind of vibe. appreciate it.
Artifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:48 PM   #14
Blanco Bishop

Battle Record: 11-20

Blanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant future

Classic boom bap.
Blanco Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:44 AM   #15
Kin
Kill.It.Nonstop

Battle Record: 3-3

Kin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant futureKin has a brilliant future

Fresh sound....id rock the hell outta this one... vocal samples are on point

My type of beat right here

Fire as usual man
Kin is offline   Reply With Quote