- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

I just posted what I had of the review last night... figured I'd add to it slightly for those interested...

It's worth noting that Salo is a very multi-layered movie with social commentry and whatnot, mainly on how society forcves people to conform... its almost A Serbian Film-esque in the fact it uses that metaphor (ASF came later of the two)

It's still a pretty brutal watch to this day, maybe not as graphic as some might think, certainly not as graphic as I imagined - but the content to it is truly disturbing. There are only a handful of films i've placed ahead of this on my list for wahetevr reason. It has literally zero replay value, I've no desire to sit through it again, and there arent many I can say that about. i wouldnt necessarily consider this a 'horror' like the majority of my films are - but this one earns its place at the top table. its still as demented as it sounds if you read up on reviews from elsewhere, and i can imagine for its time - this would have gained huge notoriety - i think it was only the year 2000 here when it got a UK release? that tells you a lot! some countries still have it banned.

for what its worth, i enjoyed it, it was a little long from what i rmeember (2 hours+?) and thats two hours of my life i'll never get back. some people have described Salo as an endurance test, and i cant say i feel theyre too wide of the mark with that haha

it was worth watching just to say i have and that i made it through the other end, but i wont be playing it again any time soon... this one is being added right back at the top of my DVD pile and kept firmly out of Mrs Lars reach!
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:48 AM   #42
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

A Serbian Film
Cannibal Holocaust
August Underground Mordum
Salo or 120 Days of Sodom
Irreversible
Megan Is Missing
The Human Centipede 2
Martyrs
Funny Games US
I Stand Alone
Mum & Dad
Cutting Moments
Deliverance
Man Bites Dog
Happiness
Maniac (2011)
Taxidermia
Strawdogs
The Human Centipede
Enter The Void

updated list for those following. Salo included. I picked up a couple new joints last week, not necessarily 'most disturbing' candidates but I'm looking to get Guillermo del Toro's discography... I copped Pan's Labrynth, The Orphanage (think i have this as El Orphanato or some ish already?), The Devils Backbone, Henry 2: Mask of Insanity (read reviews, its meant to be wack, meh), Black Christmas which is like... the first EVER idea of a chase 'em/slash 'em horror, old shit haha)
Old 03-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #43
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

I could pretty much juggle the top three, actually. AUM is only so low because it doesnt really have a plot. It's basically a 'found footage' cam following serial killers around on some pseudo-snuff shit. No plot. The effects are done REALLY fucking well and its a hard watch in one sitting, but def disturbing as fuck. I have ASerbianF so high because it had 3-4 scenes that were really like WTF moments and i remember them fucking with me, I felt dirty having finished watching the film. CH with the turtle soup scene and the soundtrack makes me wanna look away when it reaches that part, every time. But its really only that one scene that gets me, and the rape nearer the start. The chick skewered on the pole doesnt really affect me. Thats the only reason those three are ordered that way, I think CH has the most replay value, and it hasnt aged too badly at all. ASerbianF seriously LOOKS like a good fucking movie though, lots of ppl discredit it, but trust me - its worthy of a top three slot... all those three could easily top...
Old 03-20-2015, 02:32 PM   #44
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Pans Labyrinth>>>>>>

I heard his new film 'Crimson Peak' is supposed to be good
that scene with the gun handle though..ruthless
I agree with what you said about CH though..that soundtrack
I normally try to avoid films with that grainy look to it
sometimes its just off putting to me. SF is shot amazingly well.
too well I think..otherwise I think another film that toyed with me is Eraserhead
The film just gives you an on-edge feeling I feel..

Irreversible reminds me of Memento in a way
that rape scene though...>_<
Old 03-20-2015, 04:24 PM   #45
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

I actually didn't find Irreversible to be THAT bad, maybe it's just me? I love Noe, I think he's a brilliant director, and I enjoyed the film... BUT I just didn't find it that disturbing. The fire extinguisher scene shocked me more than the infamous rape. Sure it was horrific, sure the camera seemed to linger for entirely too long... but that's Noe at his best, making the viewer feel uncomfortable. A lot of people rate that movie as their #1 or top 5 at least... I guess it all comes from your personal experiences etc and how detached you are from the subject matter? Maybe.

I'll cover Dumplings next, if you've any other suggestions let me know! I'm waiting on a delivery of 32+ films right now tbh so I'll let you know what goodies are in there when they drop.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #46
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

I forgot about that extinguisher scene..its been about a year since I seen it
haven't really seen anything or wanted to.see anything too disturbing lately
especially since my lap top crapped out. I watched 'I Saw The Devil' recently
it was memorable. just watched 'Under The Skin' with Johansson in it...pretty decent
More artsy than horrorish..but she's stripped down half of the film
so no complaints...whatever you recommend I might peep..
none of that Sodom stuff though I haven't watched 2 girls and 1 cup either haha
Old 03-21-2015, 04:52 AM   #47
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

is Under The Skin that alien ish?

i havent watched, but from what ive read/heard its meant to be good

not seen I Saw The Devil but thats on my to-do list

i forget what i'm waiting on to be delievered, i know Palindromes is on there, quite a lot of korean ish (The Butcher definately is on there)... i'm waiting on the original Maniac film (not elijah wood)

i've got my stag weekend this weekend so i wont be around to catch up on any, i'm off work next Thurs and Friday so i'll try watch/review Dumplings then haha!
Old 04-17-2015, 08:15 AM   #48
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

LOL I haven't wrote a review of Dumplings yet but i've watched it... pretty good movie, actually. not so much my thing but it does have its moments. Dumplings taste better with abortion, apparently. Who knew?

SO I'M A MARRIED MAN, I ACTUALLY COMPLETED MY ORIGINAL 128 MOST DISTURBING/SICKENING FILMS IN MY TIME AWAY

I'm now collecting the DPP 39/ (72) and have been looking at the Shameless collection. There's a few I'm guessing will be bitches to find (aren't there always?) so i might need to get them DVD-r'd but my collection is looking beastly as fuck atm

just bought a new dvd tower to store 'em on (pics to come)

lemme know if there's anything else i should be checking for bruhs!
Old 04-17-2015, 09:29 AM   #49
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
LOL I haven't wrote a review of Dumplings yet but i've watched it... pretty good movie, actually. not so much my thing but it does have its moments. Dumplings taste better with abortion, apparently. Who knew?

SO I'M A MARRIED MAN, I ACTUALLY COMPLETED MY ORIGINAL 128 MOST DISTURBING/SICKENING FILMS IN MY TIME AWAY

I'm now collecting the DPP 39/ (72) and have been looking at the Shameless collection. There's a few I'm guessing will be bitches to find (aren't there always?) so i might need to get them DVD-r'd but my collection is looking beastly as fuck atm

just bought a new dvd tower to store 'em on (pics to come)

lemme know if there's anything else i should be checking for bruhs!
How'd the wedding go?

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:32 AM   #50
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Best day of my life, honestly!

We even had some of the Irish lot come over for the wedding, Wexford/Kilmuckridge etc they're all from... Think one is Dublin? Anyway Ive got the connects now so def will head over on holiday at some point and hit up you and Orc if poss

The photographers took like 2000 pics so we don't get them back for another fortnight or so, but I'll post some up when I have them back. Crazy, surreal day!

We had The Addams Family theme music to walk out to as ADAMS is my surname hahaha!

I'm on my phone right now but more to come when I'm at a PC or w/e next!
Old 05-18-2015, 01:52 PM   #51
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

i been sleeping on this thread for a minute

watched a shitload more, Requiem For A Dream which i hadnt seen (surprisingly)

randomly picked up Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus which is as wack as it sounds. not even so bad its good. once you've seen the scene with the shark eating the plane out the sky, thats all you need see tbc lol

started watching 13 Tzameti which is this black and white subtitled shit thats about a game of Russian Roulette, not made it all the way through this one yet but what id seen was good

The Pianist is pretty dope, to do with WW2 and the jews/labour camps etc (recommended)

ive mostly been collecting the Dpp 39/72 (original films banned in the UK) of late, some hard to find and others cheap... some expensive as fuck or untracable... only been collecting the uncut versions to them

most are pretty wack in fairness, but theyre just a nice mini-collection to have

Human centipede 3 is dropping soon which im amped about, as well as American Guinea Pig

Headless is a dope film on some newer ish (review to come of that)

i've got Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair on its way too so i'll review those shits when ive watched (est 10 days til delivery)

just figured id update while im around

pz!
Old 05-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #52
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
Pans Labyrinth>>>>>>

I heard his new film 'Crimson Peak' is supposed to be good
that scene with the gun handle though..ruthless
I agree with what you said about CH though..that soundtrack
I normally try to avoid films with that grainy look to it
sometimes its just off putting to me. SF is shot amazingly well.
too well I think..otherwise I think another film that toyed with me is Eraserhead
The film just gives you an on-edge feeling I feel..

Irreversible reminds me of Memento in a way
that rape scene though...>_<
just had delivered the CH Grindhouse 25th Anniversary edition limited to like 11,111 copies or some ish?

its got the full 'Road To Hell' sequence missing from other editions

i'll post pics once im home
Old 05-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #53
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
I forgot about that extinguisher scene..its been about a year since I seen it
haven't really seen anything or wanted to.see anything too disturbing lately
especially since my lap top crapped out. I watched 'I Saw The Devil' recently
it was memorable. just watched 'Under The Skin' with Johansson in it...pretty decent
More artsy than horrorish..but she's stripped down half of the film
so no complaints...whatever you recommend I might peep..
none of that Sodom stuff though I haven't watched 2 girls and 1 cup either haha
loooooooool ive got guinea pig 1-6, eccentric psycho cinema 1-7 and gusomilk 1-6 being delivered now
Old 05-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #54
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

@sraL sounds legit I just watched 'The Elephant Man' for the first time
Pretty great. havent watched anything too far out there yet
Old 05-18-2015, 10:17 PM   #55
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

the old black and white ish?

dope film, literally love it
Old 05-18-2015, 10:20 PM   #56
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

My version of CH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (51.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #57
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

The turtle scene in that movie bothers me Moar than nething else

Tht caNt be gud
Old 05-18-2015, 10:25 PM   #58
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

This has my collection of the original 128 most sickening/disturbing films I started with, plus an entire Tarantino filmography running across the four towers left to right. There's separate sections for Del Toro and Robert Rodriguez discographies that I've started, too. I've a lot more most disturbing/sickening ish that are on DVD-Rs not shown here as they're to expensive/OOP/not available in the UK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (53.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-18-2015, 10:28 PM   #59
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

My DPP 39/72 mini collection, took this a few days ago, I've had more delivered since then. The ones I have 2-3 times are upgrades on previous ones I owned as I only want the uncut versions. I'll be selling my duplicates to make way for more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-19-2015, 03:53 AM   #60
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

I find it so weird that u take this thread so fkn srly but literally ever otger post in other threads are on sum troll shit lol

Tags
gram gram cancer triple threat, pogo w/ selfie stick on ice, skeet on a fruitbats wings, uncle dale fry cook hijinkx