Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Art of Writing League > AOWL Season 8 Archive

User Tag List

Old 09-25-2018, 10:07 PM   #1
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute
Default WEEK II MAG: FUCK YEAH!!!

NWL WEEK II MAG

Intro video

WEEK III PREVIEW

Ok fellas here we go. Week III will be HAIKU week. Shouldn’t be that hard it’s three lines, but I got a twist. Since this is a topical league I wanted to keep inline with the traditional format every one is used to. So with that said week three you guys are going to have write 3 HAIKUS(9 lines). Very simple right? Right. All three haikus don’t have to read like a story but each has relate to the same subject, GUN BARS. So there it is not to much more to explain. For those of you who have never written a haiku, here’s your chance to expand on your writing ability. It’s all poetry in the end. ENJOY!

WEEK II BATTLE REVIEWS
BY: Innovator

Big Bolo vs Diablo

Ok so this battle came about after big bolo challenged diablo to a match up after he decided to sign out. Diablo being one to never shy away from a battle decides to take the call out and signed back in. Honestly big bolo is in vbig trouble tbh, diablo is a vet and not just any vet, probably one of the best to do this here thing we call topicals. I don’t know who big bolo is but the kid has mad confidence like a fat kid in line at sizzlers(member?). Dude has no fear and I commend him for it. Though he’s got his hands full this week. Aside from that he’s a new cat who only battles, haven’t seen him write topicals. Although he’s got the confidence of an alias and it’s going to be interesting to see what he comes up with against diablo. For now though I’m going with the sure bet here and giving this one to diablo 80/20

John Dillinger vs Bleak

Last week Dillinger came through and posted a decent topical for some one who doesn’t write topicals. A step in the right direction JD seem dedicated enough that by the end of this season I feel he’s going to elevate his writing skills. Unfortunately he was no showed and his skills wasn’t put to the test. He’s an up an coming battler here on NC so I look forward to seeing him expand his writing. Bleak no showed last week after posting 3-4 topicals in the OM since he signed up to NC? I thought that was a good sign but hey it is what it is. Read his OM’s and he’s got a firm grasp of topicals, only thing is to show. I feel like JD can take this with some effort. He needs to open his mind a bit more and let those creative juices flow. Bleak if he shows can take this as well. It’s a toss up tbh but I’m pulling for both writers to benefit from this battle, but i got JD simply becuase he seems more committed. Bleak show up. I got JD 80/20

Split Eight vs Pancakebrah

Now. Another potential dope battle between 2 outstanding writers. Split no showed last week becuase he was busy dodging bullets in Detroit in his suped up
rice burner. So yeah who has time to write topicals when thats going on right fellas? Anyway splits a dope write and hopefully he shows. Pancake I feel like he operates strictly on fumes when he logs on NC. I don’t know how much of a drunk he is but I assure you if he shows it will be a whimsical ride full of imagery and introspective writing. The kid has skills. As far as this match up goes, honestly for me it’s a toss up. Skill wise these guys are top tier so no need to break that down. No, this battle will be determined by who can output the most and who actually shows up. Both have a history of no showing recently but I got faith in Pancakebrah putting out some, honestly it’s been a long time for both and I’m sure the board would love to see this go down. For now though I’m going with pancake on this one. He’s quietly one of the nicest writers I’ve seen in a while. Cake 60/40

Blue Bayou vs Knucklehead

This is an interesting battle. Both are know more for battling rather than topicals. Last week Knuck put out a dope effort against witty but ultimately ended up with a loss. I do feel Knuck is one of those writers that can really pick up steam once he gets going, hopefully he can build off last week and take this match. Blue on the other admitted he hasnt written a topical in 10+ years so expect some rust. Although blue is a true writer in the sense that he will definitely come with his best despite the odds(rust). He’s a HALL OF FAMER and respected battler and if his battle skills translate to topicals Knuck will have his hands full. Now Knuck is also a respects battlers with the skills to take anyone if he puts his mind to it. Definitely an interesting battle with these 2 guys. I look forward to reading this match up but I ama side with the hot hand and give it to Knuck, I think rust will play a major role in blues verse. Knuck 60/40

Witty vs Lucipher Howlz

Last week Witty showed his topicals chops and actually showed wtf? Nah he put out a dope verse against Knuck and got the W. This week he faces Lucipher Howlz who’s not knower on NC that well. Although I think he’s an RR vet I’m not 100% sure on that. Either way he’s not a slouch the guy can write and always shows from what I’ve seen. Witty at it his best can’t be fucked with and I feel like this is a chance for Lucipher to make a name for himself by beating a worthy opponent early in the season. If Luci sticks around he’s def some one to look out for to steal this season from you lazy fucks. In the end though I’m sticking with witty becuase he’s known to write some amazing stuff and he’s not one to underestimate his opponents. I feel like Witty will come with his best as usual and Lucipher will have to bring his A game. Witty 70/30

Cereal vs Innovator

Ok so cereal either plays a character or is actually crazy. Last season he was a bit of a weirdo who posted non stop until no one payed attention then he bounced from what ever corner of the internet he’s from, possibly from RR. Anyway put that aside and dude is a dope writer with a unique style of his own. He’s a creative writer who can twist any subject he gets into his own creation. Seriously the guy can write. I gotta come out my ass for this one fellas. Cereal although a talented writer can get lost his own thoughts and that what I’m hoping for. That he completely ignores all red flags and writes about apples. Should be an easy win for. Inno100/0

WEEK I Battle Reviews
By: Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty
UH-OH vs Dynomight

Ok, so the topic here was a picture of a building laying in ruins....possibly after an earthquake? Or a bomb? Who knows? Many ways to interpret the topic in regards to the backstory, but not too many when it comes to the general theme/tone of the piece you are going to write. Which is the problem I have with pic battles...it's very hard for the tone of your piece to be too different from the tone of the picture...so it's limiting in that way. Anywhoo...this was an ok battle, dynomight (who is hush, wtf) and uh-oh both could have fleshed their verses out a bit. Hush's was about a nuclear strike...which was a bit predictable but really that's ok with me tbh. I liked it...he had a few really good lines, like the 'clouds were shiitake and portobello' line...enjoyed that one. It was written quite well. The entire verse was basically just a description of the aftermath of the bombing, but it was descriptively solid. I liked it. Could have done more with it, but not bad at all. Uh-Oh's verse was (I am nearly sure) about a once great nation/people who were invaded and wiped out by another nation. Which of course it was, because it's uh-oh and that's his version of fucking paradise. The rhyming in this was very good, it flowed very very well for me and it was enjoyable to read in that sense, in the sense of actually understanding what was happening...less so. Mainly because I don't know who the 'Man' was who was tempted to chuckle? He just appeared all of a sudden and I have no idea who he is? Why is he chuckling? The glow let's him know what he's left to succumb to...and he's CHUCKLING? A whole civilization has just been annihilated and he thinks it's appropriate to have himself a little giggle? He deserves everything he gets tbh. Hush got it...correct decision imo.

John Dillinger vs Dead Man

Dead man no showed :( JD's verse was ok...it was simplistic from a rhyming point of view, but the descriptive aspect was enjoyable, the pictures were painted well. I don't think he's going to win too much in this league if he keeps with that style because it's very basic, and there are people who have been doing this for years who will simply outclass it...but it was by no means a bad verse. He just needs to widen his scope in regards to what direction to take his verses in...go outside the box and tell a unique story. His word choices could be a little more diverse for me, but he can definitely tell a story, and he has a good solid foundation on which to build from week to week.

Bleak vs Lucipher Howlz

Bleak no show. This was the best verse this week imo (not that there were many of them lol) basically I have nothing to say that Lars didn't already say. You have talent, without a doubt, and I liked it...but by the end the rhyming was a bit boring and predictable. Switch them schemes up bro, keep 'em guessing. Nice verse tho man.

Witty vs Knucklehead

WITTY DIDN'T NO SHOW...fucking on one right now bros. Fucking buzzing for the topicals m8. My verse was ok, I forgot about it until Knucklehead posted and I saw it on the homepage tbh. I could have gone a lot more in depth with the topic....but again I felt my hands were tied with the pic. Knucklehead was cool...just too short to really get in to it properly, but he had some cool phrases and nice wording. The lesson here is we can both do better and also...WITTY DIDN'T NO SHOW.

OUTRO

Ok folks that’s it for now, week I will be edited in tomorrow as witty lives in a different time Zone than me and he doesn’t get drunk at the same time as I do to write these things. Last week was winner in my book and 2 people signed out but 2 signed in so that’s a good sign for the league. Hopefully we got more sign ups as the weeks go. As far as mags go, like I said in the intro video, you guys keep showing Up and I’ll keep churning these out for you fags. And as the weeks progress I will be able to add more content such as power rankings, interviews, champ and contender matches which will be highlighted in future mags. Looking forward to next week and I hope you guys are aswell. I enjoy doing this as long as you guys permit me to. Next week will be something new so I hope you peeps are as excited as I am. Enjoy this week and VOTE!!!! Until next week,I’m out- INNO

@Diablo @John Dillinger @Witty @Knucklehead @bleak @Blue Bayou @Cereal @Split Eight @PancakeBrah @Big Bolo @Lucipher Howlz

Last edited by Inno; 10-01-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:54 AM   #2
John Dillinger

Battle Record: 8-7

Accomplishments
-NBL Pic Roast

Champed
-Netcees Writers League

John Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant future

Tight mag man

Really went in depth about all the match ups

Week 3 sounds dope

@bleak plz show
John Dillinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #3
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointed that Inno didnt yell at his kids to calm down in this video but the AC kicking in at the end was a nice touch.

Nice mag.

My drunk posting is actually pretty minimal nowadays.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #4
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
Disappointed that Inno didnt yell at his kids to calm down in this video but the AC kicking in at the end was a nice touch.

Nice mag.

My drunk posting is actually pretty minimal nowadays.
Lol word it was late and I tried to record in between the ac but thanks for the view homie
@Witty where you at pimp
Old 09-26-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Why do we have topics if this is haiku gunbar week or whatever

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:22 PM   #6
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

That'd week 3 my guy.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:34 PM   #7
Inno
Ad mini tator

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

@bleak yeah that’s week three, did actually read it?

Yeah week I reviews are in. Thanks @Witty
Old 09-26-2018, 09:48 PM   #8
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Nope I only read AK mags

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:06 AM   #9
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Ok so you can pretty much just fuck off then.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:36 AM   #10
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

witty the pic was of the aftermath of a nuke in japan. the man was tempted to chuckle because it RHYMED and i FORCED IT DUH. also because he's left to succumb to nuclear radiation death and everything is gone and there are shadow people burned into the scenery from the nuke and basically everything is gone and he doesn't know how to deal with it so he CHUCKLED. thanks for the breakdown tho. even tho i could barely muster what i did i was still hoping for people to read/feed so thanks doggie
Old 09-28-2018, 08:20 PM   #11
Lucipher Howlz

Lucipher Howlz has a brilliant futureLucipher Howlz has a brilliant futureLucipher Howlz has a brilliant futureLucipher Howlz has a brilliant futureLucipher Howlz has a brilliant futureLucipher Howlz has a brilliant futureLucipher Howlz has a brilliant futureLucipher Howlz has a brilliant futureLucipher Howlz has a brilliant futureLucipher Howlz has a brilliant futureLucipher Howlz has a brilliant future

Awesome mag! I really enjoy these. Just to clarify I'm not a vet from RR I'm a vet from LA
Lucipher Howlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:28 AM   #12
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

Witty glossed over my verse. Sadface.jpg
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote