User Tag List

Old 07-01-2017, 08:37 PM   #1
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)
- Lime Green Poetry Association

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future
Default spoken word

I use to count every stair when I walked up the steps
Only to go back down halfway till the middle of each foot sat on the edges evenly 16 times.
I would switch the foot I felt like I was leading with when I walked,
To make sure I didn't take too many steps between the concrete sidewalk squares on either foot.
When I ran I would sometimes trip and fall,
Because I felt like I was using one leg more than the other and tried to even the strides mid Sprint.
But she made me slow down.
She made me forget to count.
Sometimes I had to double back and count again;
But some times, on the best days,
I didn't need to count at all.
I scrunched my toes between the shadows on the street when the sun was setting,
Because I felt like I belonged evenly in the sunlight and the darkness.
I would hum to myself
I would hum to myself
I would hum out loud to myself
Till I felt like I hit all of the cadences equally.
I would pause and start over counting because nothing should go more than 6 seconds without a break.
But you broke me.
I went 3 years without a break.
5 years of being a father and 3 being a husband that never counted unless it was teaching my kids how to count to 10.
They didn't learn to pause after 6
Or how to hum to themselves
Hum to themselves
Hum quietly or loudly to themselves while they counted or walked down the stairs.
But I needed a break.
I needed a break from not needing breaks.
Because you broke me of my 6 second breaks to make sure life wasn't moving too fast.
But it did.
Life passed so quickly I forgot to count or scrunch my toes because I didn't like the shadows as much as the sun
And when I sang to my daughter I always had the right cadence when I sang the itsy bitsy spider.
But then she left me.
And I'm left counting the minutes in 6 second intervals till i'll sing to my daughter again.
I'm counting the steps to my car as I walked away from the place we lived together for the last time.
I sleep with my toes scrunched because I'm afraid the sun will remind me of the days I forgot to care about time.
I hum to myself hum to myself
HUM OUT LOUD TO MYSELF
The itsy bitsy spider song because I can't get it or the cadence out of my head.
I've been broken my whole life,
But for 5 years as a father and 3 years as a husband I forgot that I was broken
And it felt good.
You made me realize that I'm fixable,
I'm not a lost cause
I just can't stop thinking or counting or humming because every 6 seconds is 6 seconds I'm spending being broken for 6 more seconds at a time.
And 6 seconds from now I will have scrunched my toes and hummed to myself getting ready to do it again in another 6 seconds.
So forgive me for counting every memory every song every picture every morning every dinner and breakfast and lunch and weekend and weekday because,
I went to remember every single second I ever spent not counting them all.
Time is man-made, I control it.
I control every 6 seconds of my life
If I just keep counting down the time till I can forget to count,
and can forget to let go of the control that I have,
so I can get control of the time that I never had.
You fixed me,
For 438,000 6 second intervals...
Just to let me break again.
So I will never stop counting.
Because the last time I gave up my 6 second hold on life...
It went spiraling out of control,
And counting the number of times I saw it coming
Didn't do a damn thing to stop it.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:12 PM   #2
Final Boss
Till The World Blow

Final Boss has a brilliant futureFinal Boss has a brilliant futureFinal Boss has a brilliant futureFinal Boss has a brilliant futureFinal Boss has a brilliant futureFinal Boss has a brilliant futureFinal Boss has a brilliant futureFinal Boss has a brilliant futureFinal Boss has a brilliant futureFinal Boss has a brilliant futureFinal Boss has a brilliant future

Similar to the spoken word that was popular on facebook for a bit, just a little different. Would love to hear this in audio form to really grasp the emotions, pauses. All that. Good job tho
Final Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:04 AM   #3
Tha Pastor Reach Yeah
Allan o dywyllwch

Battle Record: 10-0

Champed
- AOWL Season 7
- Art of Writing League

Tha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant futureTha Pastor Reach Yeah has a brilliant future

If I'm honest, spoken word is something that passes me by a bit, but this was very emotive. I could imagine you speaking this, walking around saying this out loud, and as the above says, I'd like to be able to see your emotions, and see whether they're what I'm picturing. This was a really deep exploration of real life and emotions. I think in terms of expression you pulled off what you were trying to in that sense, a way of expressing this particular aspect of your life and the emotions that they made you feel. Great writing.
Tha Pastor Reach Yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:15 AM   #4
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Thanks guys. I'm still working on memorizing it so I can get it recorded. It's a bitch lol
Old 07-08-2017, 01:53 AM   #5
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Boss View Post
Similar to the spoken word that was popular on facebook for a bit, just a little different. Would love to hear this in audio form to really grasp the emotions, pauses. All that. Good job tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Pastor Reach Yeah View Post
If I'm honest, spoken word is something that passes me by a bit, but this was very emotive. I could imagine you speaking this, walking around saying this out loud, and as the above says, I'd like to be able to see your emotions, and see whether they're what I'm picturing. This was a really deep exploration of real life and emotions. I think in terms of expression you pulled off what you were trying to in that sense, a way of expressing this particular aspect of your life and the emotions that they made you feel. Great writing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvQcntDZZW0