Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 03-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #221
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
I would like to think the GI provides a little more protection.

As far as cleanliness, that's like expecting people at the GYM to wipe machines down before and after use. I do it because I'm a germ'phobe. Majority do not and apparently don't care about personal hygiene.
Do you get off on talking about things you have no experience with? Serious question.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:49 PM   #222
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

@Diode wanna go in on an antibacterial gi to sell to amen and his types

#sharktank
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #223
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
If the mats aren't cleaned daily with bleach or a bleach alternative (like Simple Green IV), then don't go to that gym. Simple.

Wearing a gi or not has little to do with the hygiene other than dirty motherfuckers who don't wash their gis or belts, in which case the odds of bacterial or viral infections are actually higher in the gi (+constant abrasions from gripping/choking/etc).

Train in the gi because it's a more difficult challenge than no-gi (if you're doing this for the fun of the art).
Any gi color or brand you recommend? How does that work?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:29 PM   #224
Diode
PR's Finest

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Any gi color or brand you recommend? How does that work?
Depends on where you're training. Gracie Barras and other franchise/cult-ish schools require you to buy their gis and only their approved colors. Make sure what the situation is before you buy anything.

Plain white is recommended for a beginner. While I'll limit the punishment to a single KOB for a stupid-flashy $$$ Shoyoroll or CTRL on a fresh white belt, some other schools might make you run the gauntlet because they're insecure about the scraps of cloth on your body. I'd avoid training at schools like that unless the instruction is world class. Wear what makes you feel good.

Most of my Gis have come from BJJHQ sales or rolling deals. If you're looking for solid entry level (<$100) gear, you can't go wrong with the basic Fuji, Tatami, Sanabul, or the recently popular Tesla brand stuff. I personally wear Inverted Gear, Do or Die, and 93 Brand stuff but that's because their lightweight gis are super-light and it's hot and humid as a motherfucker down here (plus it means I don't have to cut as much weight since most Gi comps weigh you in with the gi on).

If you don't feel like waiting for a BJJHQ deal, Rollmore is their regular site. Prices will be higher but it's a full selection rather than one deal a day and they do allow returns if you're unhappy with the product.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:09 PM   #225
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Depends on where you're training. Gracie Barras and other franchise/cult-ish schools require you to buy their gis and only their approved colors. Make sure what the situation is before you buy anything.

Plain white is recommended for a beginner. While I'll limit the punishment to a single KOB for a stupid-flashy $$$ Shoyoroll or CTRL on a fresh white belt, some other schools might make you run the gauntlet because they're insecure about the scraps of cloth on your body. I'd avoid training at schools like that unless the instruction is world class. Wear what makes you feel good.

Most of my Gis have come from BJJHQ sales or rolling deals. If you're looking for solid entry level (<$100) gear, you can't go wrong with the basic Fuji, Tatami, Sanabul, or the recently popular Tesla brand stuff. I personally wear Inverted Gear, Do or Die, and 93 Brand stuff but that's because their lightweight gis are super-light and it's hot and humid as a motherfucker down here (plus it means I don't have to cut as much weight since most Gi comps weigh you in with the gi on).

If you don't feel like waiting for a BJJHQ deal, Rollmore is their regular site. Prices will be higher but it's a full selection rather than one deal a day and they do allow returns if you're unhappy with the product.

Incredibly helpful. Reps to you. Do you wash them? Dry clean? Regular washer and dryer?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:34 PM   #226
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:
Do you get off on talking about things you have no experience with? Serious question.
Clearly said Friends of mine. And also said I’d like to think of something like that.

Few pals are BJJ heads who have done it their whole life along with wrestle. When topics of training come up, these are the things discussed, staff infections due to dirty mats which I’m sure all GYMs have at one point or another.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #227
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by $chein Dolla $ign View Post
@Diode wanna go in on an antibacterial gi to sell to amen and his types

#sharktank
Stfu, continue thinking you know anything about what’s being discussed.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:50 PM   #228
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stfu, continue thinking you know anything about what’s being discussed.
Fuck you faggot
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 03-06-2018, 09:10 PM   #229
Nick James
death to amen

Battle Record: 1-2

Nick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant future

Finally sum excitement

geez
Nick James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #230
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Lil Nicky how yo day been?
Old 03-06-2018, 09:17 PM   #231
Nick James
death to amen

Battle Record: 1-2

Nick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant futureNick James has a brilliant future

Nick James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:32 PM   #232
Useless
100%

Battle Record: 9-12

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless Useless

My gi is fire and I'm only a purple belt. I like nogi better tho that's why I didn't pursue my Brown belt. But I'm black belt quality at nogi, fell in love with it, but having the basics down from the gi helps a lot before starting nogi, atleast get a close to a blue belt before going nogi
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:55 PM   #233
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

How did it go. Bruh
Old 03-06-2018, 10:56 PM   #234
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Would love to study mui thai and bjj tbh. Love both styles. Specially mui thai. Always been my fav
Old 03-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #235
Diode
PR's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Incredibly helpful. Reps to you. Do you wash them? Dry clean? Regular washer and dryer?
Wash as soon as you can then hang dry. Dryers are bad. Too much heat.

*** THIS INCLUDES YOUR BELT ***

Absolutely do not dry clean unless you're a billionaire and feel like throwing money away.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:37 PM   #236
Diode
PR's Finest

Quote:
Clearly said Friends of mine. And also said I’d like to think of something like that.

Few pals are BJJ heads who have done it their whole life along with wrestle. When topics of training come up, these are the things discussed, staff infections due to dirty mats which I’m sure all GYMs have at one point or another.
Wrestlers are dirty because they're in high school and college, both of which are filthy places of public education and not a business with liabilities.

Staph infections are far more likely from not washing your shit.

Let me pause here and lol at you having multiple friends who have been training BJJ for their whole lives. The odds of that are on par with the odds of Lip Lipperson winning Sexiest Man of the Year.

Like to think and have experience with are two different things.

ALSO STAPH GODDAMNIT YOU FUCKING INGRATE

good thread.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #237
Enbombz
Not Joog

Battle Record: 9-5

Enbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant futureEnbombz has a brilliant future

Don't let facts and probability ruin a good Amen story.
Enbombz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 05:52 PM   #238
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Wrestlers are dirty because they're in high school and college, both of which are filthy places of public education and not a business with liabilities.

Like to think and have experience with are two different things.

ALSO STAPH GODDAMNIT YOU FUCKING INGRATE

good thread.
Lol you're the "professional" not I. Hence why I don't train in BJJ. And never will lol... Not for me. As far as the liabilities, thats why most are "LLC" LOL.

LIKE I SAID; That's like the GYM expecting everyone to wipe down equipment - and I'm sure the GYMs have the "same liabilities" a MMA gym would have. Your relying on human competence and lets be real, majority are lazy...
Old 03-07-2018, 05:54 PM   #239
Diode
PR's Finest

Quote:
Lol you're the "professional" not I. Hence why I don't train in BJJ. And never will lol... Not for me. As far as the liabilities, thats why most are "LLC" LOL.

LIKE I SAID; That's like the GYM expecting everyone to wipe down equipment - and I'm sure the GYMs have the "same liabilities" a MMA gym would have. Your relying on human competence and lets be real, majority are lazy...
they don't have even remotely the same liabilities dude.

it is a requirement of any decent bjj school to clean the mats daily if not after every class. the only place they don't do that shit is brazil, but being dirt poor has a lot to do with that.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #240
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour joog View Post
Don't let facts and probability ruin a good Amen story.
Lmao repped
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY

Tags
big gloss man, bob gloss - joy of failing, criss cross applegloss, deglosse`, dick lips use dental gloss, end of book-glossary, gloss ballad toss salad, glossablanca, glossberg pump, glossed and found, glossed for words, glossed in translation, glossed prophets, glossglossplata, glosstomy bag, glosston paradise, glosstradamus, glossventura gloss detective, glossybear waka waka, glossymodo, grick gloss, insane clown glossy, make america gloss again, santa gloss christmas dicklips, who’s the gloss?