Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > Art of Writing League Season X > AOWL Season X Archieves
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-28-2022, 02:21 AM   #81
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Dammit. I’ve got the word c a c t u s all through my verse that won’t format properly. I should have known better.
Lmao so gone.

Old 07-28-2022, 03:07 PM   #82
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks brother. I had a lot of fun writing it. Wish I’d thought if the idea earlier in the week and could’ve spent more time on it but oh well.
Almost as amazing as HOW a topic hits you is WHEN it decides to reveal itself to you. The biggest challenge is staying patient while waiting for it to tell you what it wants to be.

You were pushing that limit though lol.

But what you did was a perfect interpretation, given the opponent. I read through every scenario and was constantly surprised and entertained by every twist and turn. It was clever and FUN, and that's really all you can ask for out of this. I'm not going to vote because I don't feel like breaking down Sin's verse at all or even reading it but I think you're safe regardless lol.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:28 PM   #83
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

Old 07-28-2022, 05:35 PM   #84
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

I was going to ask for words that rhymes with reservoir but I used rhymezone instead.

even rhyme zone doesn't have any viable options for that word.

it's a weird word.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:40 PM   #85
Eviction
Detained

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

mess of ours
repertoire
question mark
left ajar
extra charge
credit card

hmmm.... those don't even rhyme perfectly
Old 07-28-2022, 05:52 PM   #86
Rawn MD
Get MacDon

Battle Record: 3-7

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD Rawn MD

Set of cards…

Why don’t you go vote on some battles instead of playing w oranges

A. bove T. he R. est
Old 07-28-2022, 06:08 PM   #87
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adverse View Post
Lemme get you an opponent. I wouldn’t wanna shoehorn you into a three way battle for the second week in a row
Me, please.

Old 07-28-2022, 07:22 PM   #88
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawn MD View Post
Set of cards…

Why don’t you go vote on some battles instead of playing w oranges
The voting here is atrocious.

@Rawn MD @Master Rock I see you guys. Will get to it tonight or tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:23 PM   #89
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
Almost as amazing as HOW a topic hits you is WHEN it decides to reveal itself to you. The biggest challenge is staying patient while waiting for it to tell you what it wants to be.

You were pushing that limit though lol.

But what you did was a perfect interpretation, given the opponent. I read through every scenario and was constantly surprised and entertained by every twist and turn. It was clever and FUN, and that's really all you can ask for out of this. I'm not going to vote because I don't feel like breaking down Sin's verse at all or even reading it but I think you're safe regardless lol.
Appreciate the feedback <3

Re line limit: I was gonna pitch this format to you actually, - I wrote more than 100 lines but the reader only gets between 14 and 60 of them depending on what path they choose.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:56 PM   #90
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Appreciate the feedback <3

Re line limit: I was gonna pitch this format to you actually, - I wrote more than 100 lines but the reader only gets between 14 and 60 of them depending on what path they choose.
Yeah this is a dope idea. This way you can write whatever you want and the reader can decide what they read and vote on, thus removing the handcuffs from the writer yet not overtaxing the reader... Pretty cool. Seems like the best of both worlds.

I did something similar to what you did once, kind of a choose your own adventure that could be approached 3 different ways but it still required a full read through. You can check it out below if you wish:

http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=149379

But I honestly think you did it better and made the entire piece an option to the reader and not a commitment. If you chose the wrong path and died you could've just walked away like fuck, oh well... and STILL got enjoyment out of it... That was the brilliance of it. I kept reading because I WANTED to, not because I was required to.

I just hope people appreciate the effort behind it as much as I do.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:06 AM   #91
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Are we all expected to just ignore how hard @Universe dick rides Dom?

It’s cringe af tbh
Old 07-29-2022, 10:20 AM   #92
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka View Post

It’s cringe af tbh
I dick ride good writing.

Don't worry, you're safe.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:38 AM   #93
i single
Zarg

i single has a brilliant futurei single has a brilliant futurei single has a brilliant futurei single has a brilliant futurei single has a brilliant futurei single has a brilliant futurei single has a brilliant futurei single has a brilliant futurei single has a brilliant futurei single has a brilliant futurei single has a brilliant future

Quote:

It’s cringe af tbh
Old 07-29-2022, 11:23 AM   #94
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

I will try to squeeze in some votes asap

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 07-29-2022, 11:25 AM   #95
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Old 07-29-2022, 11:47 AM   #96
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
I dick ride good writing.

Don't worry, you're safe.
Apparently not , you wrote four paragraphs about how amazing my verse against Frank was. The archives don’t lie
Old 07-29-2022, 12:35 PM   #97
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Apparently not , you wrote four paragraphs about how amazing my verse against Frank was. The archives don’t lie
You are correct, sir.

But going forward here... please realize the same reason why I'm so passionate about other people's work, why I break it down the way I do and why I give my in-depth reviews and thoughts, is also the same reason why I'm better than you..

I love this shit.

But hey, Maybe It's My Fault...

Old 07-29-2022, 02:26 PM   #98
Eviction
Detained

I disagree with some of the votes but not the outcome, I think my rhyming took a back seat to the story and some of yall missed things like the ending didn't come out of no where as it was teased a few times since the beginning and again when I said me and you are worlds a part if I read that I would know where the story is going. I guess that's just me though, sometimes I think you guys are paraphrasing the vote above you, I'm not going to act like a bitch over losing though like nyc, my typical rhyme schemes for champ matches carry on for 6 lines but I cut it down to 4 so I have more room to flesh out the story.
also some guy commented that my rhymes come out of nowhere, that's just how to keep shit interesting in terms of rhyme schemes, if they appear in predictable spots then the shit is boring, if i wanted to do a more abstract piece where the rhymes appear periodically throughout the prose you guys wouldn't even notice that I'm rhyming still, as you're trained to always know where the rhymes are going to be placed, and also you can write a whole piece without rhyming at all.

I won't mention that nyc took the plot of my story and used it in his, he made the takeaway point of my whole story his first line. LOL.

Last edited by Eviction; 07-29-2022 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2022, 03:31 PM   #99
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

mannnnnnn

i wanna play
Old 07-29-2022, 04:01 PM   #100
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Come see me Lars

Eviction stfu

Tags
frank stahp