Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Allow Me To Retort Season I

User Tag List

Old 02-04-2021, 06:40 PM   #1
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future
Default PRESEASON MAG

Introduction

Welcome, everyone. It's no secret this has been a pet project of mine for a while.
Thanks to a global pandemic and a renewed interest in text it will finally get it's opportunity.
It's an exciting, yet somewhat complicated concept. It might take a couple of weeks to iron
out some kinks so I hope you'll stick it out and not hesitate to ask if you're not clear on the rules.

I came up as a battle rap fan at a time when prewriting was heavily frowned upon. It was, however,
an undeniable eventuality that written bars would become the norm, but that progression didn't come
without a cost. The ability to improvise a line on the spot, especially if it countered a previous bar against
you, will always be the pinnacle of skill in battling. Even if it isn't of the same quality as a prewritten bar,
the reaction it elicits from a crowd is typically unrivaled.

This aspect of battling has always been something that I felt text has lacked. At this stage of the game,
where 'text is dead' is a common phrase, there's no better time to try invigorating some new life into this
hobby. So, to those of you who signed in, and any who may in the future, I hope you'll take the opportunity
to make your opponent eat their words.

Battlers

I'm not going to run through all of the accomplishments typically displayed in these mags.
Instead I'll use the weekly mag to showcase a mini interview on each contestant.
This will include thoughts on their battle from the previous week and various other tidbits that occur to me to inquire about.

UPN Zuch

A self proclaimed 'beast' at Madden, Zuch (pronounced Zooch) has been battling for the better part of 20+ years now,
when he started at the spry age of 13 around the turn of the century. He hails from Detroit (but isn't a big Eminem fan pfft).
He's currently one of the top battlers on the site and is a favorite in just about anything he enters.

Inf

Inf has been on a bit of an under the radar champing spree, despite admitting he doesn't spend as much time writing as he used to.
A Texas resident who told me he'd like everyone to know he may currently be Covid positive (I'll take it with a grain of salt).
Only a couple of years removed from a 15+ winning streak against top competition, he enters as another who could easily champ this league.

Coop

No moniker for this guy. Coop, he says, is his given name. He's spent a majority of his 15-20 year text career over on
rapbattles.com and hails from Virginia. I don't know much about this fella, and he was particularly brief with the answers
he gave to the questionnaire I sent out. Hopefully he sticks around long enough for me to get to know.

Mac

Mac is one of our younger battlers. So young he was still counting half years when he gave me his age of 21.5. He's repping
South America and claims to have zero recollection of how he started using the name Mac as a moniker. He told me he thinks
you're all faggots, aside from User and Des. I'm a fan of his energy and hope he sticks around.

Sharp

Sharp, our resident fact checker and educator, who will forever be immortalized in our hearts for his work on the Finny leg.
He's one of the few battlers here who's spent a majority of his time on the lime. I think he's selling himself short here, but
he finds more pride in his accomplishments as a mod than he does for his battling. A true NCG if there ever was one.

Blue Bayou

Blue needs little introduction, and while I think we'd all like to hate him a little for that, he's actually a really swell fella.
I did not know this, but apparently his name is lifted from a quote by Denzel Washington in the movie Man on Fire.
He's humble enough to admit he started his text career on shadyboards, yet he thinks he's probably posted more material
than anyone over the past 20 years, and I wouldn't argue that point.

Kill Spree

Spree is mostly known to be as having that obnoxious pistol avatar on Discord, but we've found a common bond in our hatred
for the stupidity of Amen. He started his text career later than many of us at age 25 on hollafront and rapbattles, so has only
been at it 7-10 years. He's a resident of Massachusetts and expressed to me that he takes pride in beating battlers with more experience.

Defiant, Orc, Rusty, Des and Dave failed to respond to my questionnaire so their profiles will have to wait another week.
For clarification, I'm not mad, we all have more important shit to do... but see if you guys can make time so I can include
you for next week. These profiles will be ongoing from mag to mag.

Rules

I'm always open to answering questions, but please refer to this first if you're unsure of something.

1. Opener

Each battle will begin with a coin chosen participant to open the battle. I will @ you when threads are posted each week
informing you that you're on the clock. Your post is the only bar(s) of the battle that don't need to directly or indirectly
reference a previous bar. Some may say it's a disadvantage to open, but the counter to that argument is that it's the only
opportunity to use a generic punch during the battle.

Each post has a 1 bar minimum, 2 bar max. You will have 24 hours from the time the thread is posted to submit your bar(s).
Even one minute over that 24 hours will result in a DQ and a loss on your record.

2. Rebuttal

Once the opener has been posted you will have 24 hours from the time it was posted to submit your bar(s).
If you fail to respond within that 24 hours it will result in a DQ and a loss on your record. Again, it is a 1 bar minimum and a 2 bar max.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO MATCH THE AMOUNT YOUR OPPONENT POSTED. Any line after the opening bar(s) must reference the previous bar(s) posted, be that directly or indirectly.

There is no restriction to how long you must wait to reply once your opponent has posted.
There is no limit to how many times you and your opponent can exchange bars. Battles will end every Sunday at midnight EST.

3. Judging and voting

There is a panel of judges who will be assigned to specific battles every week. These votes will be anonymous and sent to me directly.
There will still be traditional voting via the community, but the winner of community majority votes will only count as 1 vote.
I'm aiming for 3-5 judges per battle. Any tie breakers will be decided by me.

This format may change depending on how things progress. It's just something I'm trying. We'll see how it works out.

Week 1 match ups

Rusty Gunz Vs. UPN Zuch

Inf Vs. Blue Bayou

Coop Vs. Defiant

Des Vs. Mac

Orc Vs. Killing Spree

Sharp Vs. evaD

That's it for this week. Much more on the horizon for next week's mag, including furthering our battler profiles, mini interviews, week 1 battle breakdowns and a few other surprises.

Last edited by dull boy; 02-04-2021 at 06:54 PM.
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:58 PM   #2
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Good shit Dallas

Appreciate you stepping up to run something for ppl that still wanna write
-kungfugrip
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:39 PM   #3
Mac

Battle Record: 7-12

Mac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant future

Word dope stuff dull
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:48 PM   #4
UPN Zuch
Spoiled brat

Battle Record: 25-3

Champed
- Now Or Never 2020
- Netcees Pic League
- NPL Season I
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Season XV

UPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant futureUPN Zuch has a brilliant future

Good job dogg
Or pull up to ya doorstep...I’m on ya porch wavin like polite neighbors/
UPN Zuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:54 PM   #5
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Good shit. Interested to see how this league pans out.
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:07 AM   #6
Coop

Battle Record: 3-6

Coop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant futureCoop has a brilliant future

This concept is good if only I could get an opponent that shows
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:20 AM   #7
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League