Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it possible to not be egotistical and still be great?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor. View Post
playing devils advocate here but isn’t trying to expose his motive as ego motivated by ego ?
I’d say yes

But it’s a broader topic because there are a lot of answers that are deeper than yes or no.

If there is an argument, inherently there will be a side that’s more right than the other (most things in life aren’t driven by facts so most arguments are never fully right), so can someone be right most of the time without it being ego? By most standards that is.

Is staying away from conflicts and therefore never being seen as wrong make you less egotistical, or more so because you avoid your ego being possibly attacked?
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:45 PM   #2
WRATH

Battle Record: 4-4

WRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant future

Catch 22
WRATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:00 PM   #3
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

For the quoted source material: I asked amen if he would like to elaborate how his behavior was ego in the other thread. In him doing so, it would also be a form of ego.

Hush was corrrct on identifying the test I set for him.

We can discuss this if you like.

In regards to your question, yes humility and greatness are not mutually exclusive. In fact they can be excellent dancing partners.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #4
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

It's as simple as what drives your motives

Ego is about self

Soul is about love

So if u were trying to prove someone wrong because u wanted the glorification of being right that's an ego driven endeavor

If u were trying to prove someone wrong because u love them and u want them to grow it can be viewed as selfless and separate from the ego

Same for other avenues.....u can be great at basketball because u love the game....or u can be great because u want everyone else to see how great u are.......one is more pure and satisfies the soul....the other less so in satisfying the ego
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:08 PM   #5
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
For the quoted source material: I asked amen if he would like to elaborate how his behavior was ego in the other thread. In him doing so, it would also be a form of ego.

Hush was corrrct on identifying the test I set for him.

We can discuss this if you like.

In regards to your question, yes humility and greatness are not mutually exclusive. In fact they can be excellent dancing partners.
But what makes something (a response or action) motivated by ego vs being humble? What could make you exposing his ego not egotistical?

Basically how can you be confident and humble but also self aware you’re being such. Doesn’t being aware you’re being humble make you egotistical?
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 10-13-2018, 07:09 PM   #6
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
It's as simple as what drives your motives

Ego is about self

Soul is about love

So if u were trying to prove someone wrong because u wanted the glorification of being right that's an ego driven endeavor

If u were trying to prove someone wrong because u love them and u want them to grow it can be viewed as selfless and separate from the ego

Same for other avenues.....u can be great at basketball because u love the game....or u can be great because u want everyone else to see how great u are.......one is more pure and satisfies the soul....the other less so in satisfying the ego
How much weight does a third parties opinion of your motives matter if it differs from your actual motive?
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 10-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #7
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

How much does it matter to who

It matters entirely to the ego
Zero to the soul
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #8
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
How much does it matter to who

It matters entirely to the ego
Zero to the soul
Say Veritas legitimately wants to help Amen, so the soul

But the general consensus and how Amen and third parties view the situation is an ego thing.

Does it make the effort less virtuous? Should V in that situation recognize he should abort a lost cause or would that make him less “good”
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 10-13-2018, 07:23 PM   #9
cac lover
Banned

Accomplishments
-eating white dick

cac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant future

Of course.....Craig biggo is a hall of famer....bitch was the farthest thing from egotistical.
cac lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:24 PM   #10
Ghost1

Why is he considering it a lost cause?

Why is he considering the group perspective?

Why would it be less virtuous?

Ego.ego.ego.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:50 PM   #11
Big Bolo
B on the look out

Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo

Kind of like knucks ego so big he couldnt help but steal a quote from my thread and make one for himself...what a fag
Big Bolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:23 PM   #12
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Y’all are not understanding me.

I said that asking him to explain why he was being ego would only end up making more ego. I.e. him apologizing while justifying. Etc.

The best course would have been for him to not Elab. Which to his credit, he did not.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:24 PM   #13
veritas
HALL OF FAME

I legit want to help amen. As I do myself and all
Of you as best I can.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #14
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bolo View Post
Kind of like knucks ego so big he couldnt help but steal a quote from my thread and make one for himself...what a fag
Do you not believe your lack of respect here is from an undeserved ego?
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 10-13-2018, 08:45 PM   #15
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
Y’all are not understanding me.

I said that asking him to explain why he was being ego would only end up making more ego. I.e. him apologizing while justifying. Etc.

The best course would have been for him to not Elab. Which to his credit, he did not.
I meant hypothetically to see Bags views on ego, just was easy to think of

@Ghost1 I meant less how the person in question perceived the result of those things and more does it matter what they think if it isn’t agreed that those are the motives. If someone is considered by their peers to be egotistical but they don’t think they are because of their motives, are they egotistical?

I kind of covered where my minds going with this in that thread awhile ago where it fot stuck on me hating myself.

Basically does someone have to be unaware of their good intentions in such a situation to be humble, because knowing they’re being humble would make them not humble
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 10-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #16
Big Bolo
B on the look out

Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo Big Bolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
Do you not believe your lack of respect here is from an undeserved ego?
What about the horrible job you did as a mod? Did that have anything to do with your pretend ego, being "too busy" to follow through with something you offered to do... I get it though you've started to be with the in crowd instead of being called a fat ginger in every post... I can only hope for your unique race that it's helping your ego irl...
Big Bolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #17
cac lover
Banned

Accomplishments
-eating white dick

cac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant future

If you get respect here you a ***

If you don't you a ***

If you a nigga nothing here applies to you

Peace god
cac lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #18
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bolo View Post
What about the horrible job you did as a mod? Did that have anything to do with your pretend ego, being "too busy" to follow through with something you offered to do... I get it though you've started to be with the in crowd instead of being called a fat ginger in every post... I can only hope for your unique race that it's helping your ego irl...
So you think flaking on commitments is an ego problem?

This is why I pose the question of how you can win an argument or be seen as positive in a situation where there is a level of engagement from you without there being ego involved. And if there isn’t ego, is noticing the lack of ego something that can bring ego into it?

I mention ego out of relevance to current conversations but it’s really any trait or action seen as selfish in any sense.
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 10-13-2018, 10:27 PM   #19
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Get It View Post
If you get respect here you a ***

If you don't you a ***

If you a nigga nothing here applies to you

Peace god
You are kind of just a breathing gimmick

Why do you insult your own race so much?
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 10-14-2018, 01:15 AM   #20
WRATH

Battle Record: 4-4

WRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant futureWRATH has a brilliant future

@Knucklehead if you know about it and you assume it's a bad thing because of the intention then you yourself fall under being slightly closer to ego over soul.

So probably die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain makes sense as far who the truly selfless people are
WRATH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
knuck isn’t good at anything