Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 4 Archive

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 10:09 AM   #41
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I've been wanting to visit Brazil for a long time.

It looks incredible.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #42
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
I should also say that at club level nobody has ever had the impact both Messi and Ronaldo are having...it pretty much looks like, by the time they retire, between them they will hold all records possible, in terms of attacking players.
Maradona turned a middling Italian team into the best in the world.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #43
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
everyone should watch this netflix documentary series on Manaus, Brazil. it's the dopest city ever

fucking sloths and tamarins everywhere

and ocelots!

i might make that move lowkey
i was thinking of transferring to buenos aires or rio but this city looks cheap. three star hotels @ 50? The animals are cool but I want a view of the andes and shit. Doesn't matter where u go in S. America the women are all banging. I would work and bartend, it would be cool. Also was thinking of a Cali or Chicago transfer but prob stay in NYC.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #44
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

if you've lived in one major American metropolis you've lived in them all. nevermind the little intri***ies that give each one their identity or soul or whatever. they're all a big fucking piece of litter. don't get me wrong i love my city but if im moving, it's somewhere completely abstracted from how it is here.

also, i've never been to new york but i don't usually hear great things.

some friends of mine have been living in Granada, Spain for a few months now and really love it. but they're on some indigo child viva la revolution bullshit. now they love to give me their diatribes on how racism and classism and every other little -ism only exists in the cold-hearted, capitalist Western world and they've somehow escaped to the promised land. eat a dick. lots of sun and sand and siestas don't = Eden.

Manaus though. fucking sloths and tamarins bro. plus yeah fat booties for days. idk. seems worth a visit.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:18 AM   #45
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
Maradona turned a middling Italian team into the best in the world.
It was a different game...Maradona was a genius ahead of his time but the quality of players he was up against was not of the same standard as the atheletes in the game today, not even close. It used to be enough to be world class...now every team is full of world class players, to stand out like Messi and Ronaldo do, you really need something extraordinary about you. Maradona did not face teams with the kind of quality Messi does week in, week out.

He was never as prolific, Messi breaks a new record every week. Maradona did not do that, Ronaldinho didn't, Zidane didn't, brazilian Ronaldo didn't. Messi would have had just as big an impact on football as Maradona back then, if not bigger.

Messi dominates Maradona in every possible way statistically. He is already only 9 goals off Maradona's career total having played more than 200 games less, he has 14 major trophies to Maradona's career total of 7, and has dominated European football in a way Maradona never did, for over a decade.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:23 AM   #46
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

335 goals in 440 games (or thereabouts - speaking from memory) is just stupid. He is a freak of nature.

Not to slight Maradona, it is difficult to compare players from different eras, and talent wise it is hard to tell, which is why stats are so important...but i honestly believe that come the end of his career Messi will have overtaken him by a distance.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #47
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Correction it is 368 in 375 games for Barcelona alone...add his record for Argentina to that and it becomes 413 in 472.

He has already ahead of Maradona by about 75 goals.

Not to mention over 100 assists.

Wtf...the man is a freak.

Last edited by Witty; 03-25-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #48
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Soulstice, you're a boss. Daniel, please don't no-show.

Everyone else except Witty, great work. I'll vote tonight and tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:02 PM   #49
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

I showed just for you @Certain

sorry bout the verse @Split @DrDog I didn't feel motivated for another city verse
til next time...
Old 03-26-2015, 03:34 PM   #50
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

@dead man, @Mr. J, @Dr Dog, @CopyPat, @Defiant, @UnbornBuddha, @timeless and @NYCSPITZ, remember that you all owe three votes by tonight.

Finished with voting: Adonis, Soulstice, Zen
Old 03-26-2015, 08:39 PM   #51
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

came from the bottom, no one said it would be fair, now I'm on this money, loungin like it's a beach chair...poppa don't preach, all we do is just reach here, raised round killas, we just happy to be here
Old 03-27-2015, 12:43 AM   #52
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

All I got to say @Witty about the soccer convo

Messi is the more technically skilled
But Christi can just out class any opponent

I prefer Messi because he can dribble for days and assist, where to me it seems like Ronaldo looks to score nearly always, with assist a far secondary

My favorite player all time will forever be Dedier Drogba though. No contest. Dude had viscous power and could bull doze either messi or Ronaldo like a puppet. Sick ass headers.

No where near as flashy as either, but I love the trenches, and didier was sick with it.

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 03-27-2015, 12:46 AM   #53
CopyPat
Mic Check

Battle Record: 13-10

CopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to CopyPat

Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Old 03-27-2015, 01:34 AM   #54
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

@CopyPat
In my bout with Soulstice at the end, you voted for me, and I believe you meant Soulstice, or at least that's what your feedback is pointing to. Change it when you wish, Thank you..

Last edited by UnbornBuddha; 03-27-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:09 AM   #55
CopyPat
Mic Check

Battle Record: 13-10

CopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant futureCopyPat has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to CopyPat

You're right, my mistake, sorry
Old 03-27-2015, 06:57 AM   #56
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
All I got to say @Witty about the soccer convo

Messi is the more technically skilled
But Christi can just out class any opponent

I prefer Messi because he can dribble for days and assist, where to me it seems like Ronaldo looks to score nearly always, with assist a far secondary

My favorite player all time will forever be Dedier Drogba though. No contest. Dude had viscous power and could bull doze either messi or Ronaldo like a puppet. Sick ass headers.

No where near as flashy as either, but I love the trenches, and didier was sick with it.
Drogba is one of my favourite players too, even if he did play for Chelsea lol

Such a unique player, up there with the best attackers for sure.

Thierry Henry is the best to ever play in the PL tho imo, Drogba isn't too far off tho.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:49 AM   #57
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
Drogba is one of my favourite players too, even if he did play for Chelsea lol

Such a unique player, up there with the best attackers for sure.

Thierry Henry is the best to ever play in the PL tho imo, Drogba isn't too far off tho.

Ronaldo did play there you know?

Chelsea for life, been with them through it all because of Drogba. Who you like?

Also, how big is Connor McGregor?

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 03-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #58
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
Ronaldo did play there you know?

Chelsea for life, been with them through it all because of Drogba. Who you like?

Also, how big is Connor McGregor?
Ronaldo would be top 3 or 4, he was still a kid when he played there and didn't have the prolonged effect of a few others, I'd put Henry ahead of him as well as Eric Cantona.

I am Liverpool until the day I die.

And Connor McGregor is a beast.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #59
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Michael Essien.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:14 PM   #60
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

@Witty do you think Messi or Ronaldo will make a move to the PL in the summer or no? The way Ronaldo looks right now, it seems likely he will in my opinion, but I can't see Messi going anywhere else.
Closed Thread