Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 1 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #21
Pent uP
Robin Williams of Fallen Victims

Battle Record: 25-11

Accomplishments
- NC Hall of Fame

Champed
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- NWL Season 1
- Write Night I
- Art of Writing League (2x)
- Write Week IV

Pent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant future

requesting a topic change.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #22
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

I'm gonna try and drop some votes on this to repay my lifetime of no showing.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #23
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective View Post
That's just like, your opinion man.
Dun wry, I'm just hyping myself up for this, it's gonna be a ballin matchup for sure broseph
Old 06-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #24
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohfig View Post
Not all fancy's are meant to be tickled

Enjoy life or not, I prefer to enjoy 92.3% of the time

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #25
VividEnds

VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds VividEnds

Pohfig's topic is on some faggot shit
_________
_____
___
_
Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 AM   #26
patrown
‹^›ô¿ô‹^›

Battle Record: 13-19

patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown
Send a message via AIM to patrown

i love your sense of humor. matchups are glorious.
topics so far, looking magnificent. great shit. all the way.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #27
IamBenT
SuPreaM Lyricyst

Battle Record: 9-6

IamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant future

*These are just opinions. Please keep your butt from getting hurt. That is all*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
Platinum
Pohfig vs TopicalDood5 -This has the potential for upset written all over it. Topical is one of my fav writers in the league, and if it wasnt for a super verse from Vulg and a no-show, this dude would be undefeated and most likely a champ or one of the best to rip it this year in the league. Pohfig is excellence in every aspect of the game, but had a few stumbles this year. Just looking at his response to the topic, he may lack the motivation to drop a gem, but this should be BOTW in my opinion. Giving Top the slight edge if he comes with it.

Zygote vs Split - A great matchup between a thorough writer and a poet with troublesome internet availability. I expect strong showings from both, but will not be surprised if Zygote gives us a B- level verse, much as he did against Zeedee in the last champ match. If he does, look for a close match, because perhaps Split has a little hunger in him and will decide to write a strong piece. If he does, there is a chance he could take it. But tbt the ball is in Zygote's court and I feel he would have to slack and Split would have to step it up, for Zy to catch a loss. He's just really really good, even with "throw away" verses.

Red Glare vs Zenland - I see a very possible upset here. Ever since the 100-bar fiasco, haven't seen or heard much from RG. Don't get me wrong, he has all the tools in the toolbox to make a deep run. But Zen has really caught my eye, as he has turned his focus to coupling his awesome rhyming skills with telling engaging stories and a stronger attention to detail. I feel that if he drops a full and creative 48, he can take this and shock most of us around here. We know RG can do the max, but can he recreate the excitement and wonder of "Superman" or or the emotional intensity of "Ambulance"? Dont know, man.

Titanium

Frank vs Genocide - Tougher battle than it looks, because Geno is so talented, just a peek at the open mic will tell you that. His flow is strong, and can just put things together so naturally. I fear, however, that Frank has reenergized into beast mode, and things shall get very hairy for all of his opponents. we all know he can go Max Lines with ease, and his sense of plot, character, and description, as well as the flexibility to go topical and do it well, just give him too many weapons here.

Mike Wrecka vs Witty - A heartwrencher for me as Im forced to watch two of my crewmates put it all on the line for the greater glory of the AOWL undisputed champ belt. Witty is such an underrated force, able to do everything and do it well, but Mike is the paragon of consistent excellence. I see him stepping it up yet another notch and storming this battle, strong. I would like to cheer for the boy and his ugly fox, but I just don't see big Mike losing.

Patrown vs DeadMan - Damn Patrizzy. Great to see you in the playoffs, you have gone a long way in your writing and some of the pieces I have read from you this year have been mesmerizing. that said, this a mighty foe in DeadMan, he's toppled writing legends, and can weave tales that are extraordinary to say the least. I hope you slap us all in the face and prove us wrong, Patrown, cuz you are a cool dude.. but Dead is the favorite here.

Nigma vs Objective -I really love the strides Objective has taken over the last few weeks in crafting creative and eye-popping rhymes with whip-smart stories, but i feel he still has a bit to go. Nigma at full strength and with a solid show will win this battle, but it may go close as I know that several folks following objective are really seeing him come into his own. Gonna be a great match
That's all i got fellas. See you at the finish line.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #28
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohfig View Post
you could do so much with that topic tbh
Old 06-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #29
IamBenT
SuPreaM Lyricyst

Battle Record: 9-6

IamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant future

I have been staring at my topic for 10 minutes now and...

nothing.

Must be a good sign.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #30
TYSON
IN LOVE WITH A STRIPPER

Battle Record: 10-15

TYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant futureTYSON has a brilliant future

Hate I didn't participate in this...
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #31
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

Damn I'm gonna have a verse ready before the deadline for a change. I should be posting tonight or tomorrow @Objective
Old 06-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #32
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
Damn I'm gonna have a verse ready before the deadline for a change. I should be posting tonight or tomorrow @Objective
Do whatever you want. I'm busy this week as well. Haven't been home for 3 weeks now. Been sleeping over at other peoples houses and I'm currently visiting my mother, lol. Just hope that I get to write some decent stuff now that I should be writing the best shit to date rather than focusing on real life people, haha.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Old 06-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #33
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

I'm signing out. Won't be online much for awhile @Adonis. Peace AOWL.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #34
Soulstice
native system

Battle Record: 18-21

Champed
- Short-Verse Topical

Soulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant futureSoulstice has a brilliant future

Pohfig vs TopicalDood5. almost definitely battle of the week
Zygote vs Split
Red Glare vs Zenland
Adonis vs IamBenT - oatmeal is so improved from last ive seen him. he could beat anyone if he comes his hardest
Titanium
Frank vs Genocide
Mike Wrecka vs Witty -
Patrown vs DeadMan - if he shows hell win. the most consistently dope writer maybe out of anyone ive ever read
Nigma vs Objective
Old 06-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #35
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

topical dood reveal your alias after the tourney oh I mean league playoffs. whoops
Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #36
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

Blacks the man
Franks got his hands full if he shows @ topicaldood5
Old 06-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #37
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenland View Post
I'm signing out. Won't be online much for awhile @Adonis. Peace AOWL.

No need to sign out. Its playoffs. But you are now switched with alternate

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #38
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

@Frank @zygote

I know one of you, not sure which...was talking to me about topics

I'm going to need help this week getting some because I simply don't have much time.

I'm sitting down now to write my verse, then I go camping/Birthday bash weekend

Come back on Monday on my grind working again and not Sure how I'm going to fit certain stuff into schedule League wise

So if anyone in this league can 1. Come up with a concept for Topics and 2. PM me them that would be fucking amazing. There will be a total of 8 battles next week..If you can't come up with 8 good ones do what you can and I will help out.

Next week's battles will be up along with topics by Wednesday mid day @Nigma and any other foreign bitches we may have

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #39
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicalDood5 View Post
Pohfig vs TopicalDood5. almost definitely battle of the week
Zygote vs Split
Red Glare vs Zenland
Adonis vs IamBenT - oatmeal is so improved from last ive seen him. he could beat anyone if he comes his hardest
Titanium
Frank vs Genocide
Mike Wrecka vs Witty -
Patrown vs DeadMan - if he shows hell win. the most consistently dope writer maybe out of anyone ive ever read
Nigma vs Objective

Hold up

@IamBenT , you are OATMEAL from Project Rhyme a few seasons ago?

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #40
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Nigma vs. Objective - I think this will be very close. I would say OB with the slight edge but as he posted about lack of time I'll go Nigma cuz He seemed pumped about topic or somthing this week

Frank vs. Genocide - I want to go Frank, but I don't think he's wrote in like a month here...Oh wait, Geno hasn't in double that....Weird match, maybe a rusty one? I've liked every verse Geno has produced so he wins by a vote??

Mike Wrecka vs. Witty - I'll go Mike Wrecka...But stylistically you two are extremely similar which calls for a dope match...Should be a good one.

Pohfig vs. Topical - I'll go Pent up just cause he's PR, but this WILL be a great read from both

Patrown vs. DeadMan -Patrown easy. Dead just hasn't had it all season.

Glare vs. Zenland - Not sure if @Zenland is even going to show??? But no matter which one shows, either Zen or alternate I got Glare going beast mode ala him vs. Pohfig part 1

Zygote vs. Split - I doubt I vote against Zygote until he loses or faces me

Me vs. Bent - Bent sucks didick so....I CUM correct naddimean?

TUPAC SHAKUR
Closed Thread