Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-21-2020, 01:19 PM   #1
White LGI

Battle Record: 3-3

White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI
Default Question for you politically intelligent niggas

If Biden wins, Democrats win the Senate and maintain the house....but the Republicans hold the 6-3 favor on the supreme court...

Is the power still balanced or does the Democrats hold a overwhelming control of the country?
White LGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:00 PM   #2
Ajax

Battle Record: 5-4

Ajax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant future

Too complex an issue to answer properly in a short way.

That said, the short answer is that Marbury v. Madison vested ultimate power to resolve constitutional issues in the Supreme Court. There’s no way for the President and/or Congress to override a Supreme Court decision. But, not all issues get to the Supreme Court.

So, as a day to day practical matter, Democrats controlling the Executive and Legislative branches would have significant control/power.... but the Supreme Court would have the ultimate checkmate on issues that get all the way up to the SC.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:59 PM   #3
White LGI

White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
Too complex an issue to answer properly in a short way.

That said, the short answer is that Marbury v. Madison vested ultimate power to resolve constitutional issues in the Supreme Court. There’s no way for the President and/or Congress to override a Supreme Court decision. But, not all issues get to the Supreme Court.

So, as a day to day practical matter, Democrats controlling the Executive and Legislative branches would have significant control/power.... but the Supreme Court would have the ultimate checkmate on issues that get all the way up to the SC.
So basically the Democrats would have control of minor issues but Republicans would have the power over major issues
Old 10-21-2020, 06:23 PM   #4
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snitching is gangsta View Post
So basically the Democrats would have control of minor issues but Republicans would have the power over major issues
The conservative court would rule on cases that get to them. Usually cases are appealed at lower courts up to the SC. Democrats would have power over what what bills are passed and signed into law, but if a law is challenged in court, it probably won't go their way.

If a law doesn't get challenged by a court, it becomes law though. Stuff like national spending, tax bills, etc probably won't wind up there.

Roberts really seems to go both ways so just as many cases would go 5-4 or 6-3... still a conservative winner.
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:48 PM   #5
White LGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
The conservative court would rule on cases that get to them. Usually cases are appealed at lower courts up to the SC. Democrats would have power over what what bills are passed and signed into law, but if a law is challenged in court, it probably won't go their way.

If a law doesn't get challenged by a court, it becomes law though. Stuff like national spending, tax bills, etc probably won't wind up there.

Roberts really seems to go both ways so just as many cases would go 5-4 or 6-3... still a conservative winner.

I get it....shit like abortion, gay marriage and all that shit are sc issues
Old 10-21-2020, 07:00 PM   #6
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

yeah, they're probably gonna get challenged in the next 4 years

odds are the way it will be handled won't blanket ban gay marriage or abortion nationwide, but probably give states more power to ban them
Old 10-21-2020, 10:34 PM   #7
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Battle Record: 43-24

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Anybody become overwhelmingly disillusioned with everything in regards to this bipartisan bs ?

I don’t see how anyone could be devoutly liberal / conservative in regards to all of the issues present

In my case? Much disdain has been cultivated

So I kind of tune out when these matters are discussed . Just wonder if I’m the overwhelming minority .
Old 10-21-2020, 11:16 PM   #8
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Muffin View Post

I don’t see how anyone could be devoutly liberal / conservative in regards to all of the issues present
In my experience, most people ARE devoutly liberal or conservative in regards to all of the issues.
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 11:20 PM   #9
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Anybody become overwhelmingly disillusioned with everything in regards to this bipartisan bs ?

In my case? Much disdain has been cultivated

So I kind of tune out when these matters are discussed . Just wonder if I’m the overwhelming minority .
I think it's more that the devout democrats/republicans are the ones most likely to vote - especially on 'off' years (local elections, etc) - so they're disproportionately represented in government. I was registered independent until PA's previous (republican) governor cut about a billion from public education, so I wanted to vote in the primary for who could beat him

maybe when we're old there will be more than two parties taken seriously
Old 10-21-2020, 11:56 PM   #10
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

El Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant futureEl Muffin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaohs Army View Post
In my experience, most people ARE devoutly liberal or conservative in regards to all of the issues.
Chris Rock said it best

There’s some shit I’m conservative about & there’s some shit I’m liberal about

Then went on to talk about prostitution being ok etc etc xD . Funny segment but relevant

I highly identify with it .. because there’s no way in hell im left leaning in regards to everything they institute when they heve power & same goes with thr right
Old 10-22-2020, 12:00 AM   #11
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

Quote:
I think it's more that the devout democrats/republicans are the ones most likely to vote - especially on 'off' years (local elections, etc) - so they're disproportionately represented in government. I was registered independent until PA's previous (republican) governor cut about a billion from public education, so I wanted to vote in the primary for who could beat him

maybe when we're old there will be more than two parties taken seriously
Salute. That’s certainly what I identify as. An independent looking for a satisfactory candidate to support. N tbh I haven’t found such a thing since I’ve been able to vote

&& I swear to god I just made your statement just recently to my dad . When he quizzes me about voting . He’s a democrat through n through .
Old 10-22-2020, 12:23 AM   #12
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Quote:
Chris Rock said it best

There’s some shit I’m conservative about & there’s some shit I’m liberal about

Then went on to talk about prostitution being ok etc etc xD . Funny segment but relevant

I highly identify with it .. because there’s no way in hell im left leaning in regards to everything they institute when they heve power & same goes with thr right
Know whatchu mean. Im left on most things but lean right on guns and affirmative action&quotas.
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:27 AM   #13
El Muffin
DOHpe since 02'

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- 1-2 Punch Onslaught
- 1-2 Punch League
- Hot or Thot Roast
- Hot or Thot 2018
- Fight Night 11
- NPL Roast

Exactttly

I lived in a state where every home has a weapon . Hell.. they Are fucking doing shot put as an elective bro In high school . Never seen so many women who were active hunters etc . Totally different breed <3

Shit blew me . But opened my eyes to the the possibilities . Literally no gun crime there . Barely worth mentioning

Last edited by El Muffin; 10-22-2020 at 12:29 AM.
El Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:22 AM   #14
White LGI

Is biden/blue senate and blue house going to give black people reparations?
Old 10-22-2020, 09:16 AM   #15
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Salute. That’s certainly what I identify as. An independent looking for a satisfactory candidate to support. N tbh I haven’t found such a thing since I’ve been able to vote

&& I swear to god I just made your statement just recently to my dad . When he quizzes me about voting . He’s a democrat through n through .
I think we're getting closer to intra-party splits. The tea party and now trump's kind of shaken things up for Republicans, causing some defections, bringing some new people in, and democrats are kind of following the pattern as younger people become a more significant voting block. Hoping we start seeing more candidates from each party like Andrew Yang (that push the conversations/dynamic into more 3 dimensional talk than one big left to right spectrum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snitching is gangsta View Post
Is biden/blue senate and blue house going to give black people reparations?
Nope

Sorry boss
Old 10-22-2020, 12:22 PM   #16
White LGI

Quote:
I think we're getting closer to intra-party splits. The tea party and now trump's kind of shaken things up for Republicans, causing some defections, bringing some new people in, and democrats are kind of following the pattern as younger people become a more significant voting block. Hoping we start seeing more candidates from each party like Andrew Yang (that push the conversations/dynamic into more 3 dimensional talk than one big left to right spectrum)

Nope

Sorry boss

Y
Old 10-22-2020, 12:58 PM   #17
Ajax

Battle Record: 5-4

Ajax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant futureAjax has a brilliant future

Quote:
yeah, they're probably gonna get challenged in the next 4 years

odds are the way it will be handled won't blanket ban gay marriage or abortion nationwide, but probably give states more power to ban them
There’s no way for the Supreme Court to ban gay marriage or abortion. All it can do is allow the federal government and/or individual state governments to ban them... so, if Roe or Obergfell were overturned, we’d probably end up in a situation much like it was before each of them. A decent minority of red states (mostly flyovers, the Deep South and Alaska) would ban gay marriage and abortion, but blue states wouldn’t do anything.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #18
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

if Biden wins prove everyone care about virus, insurance, and Social security.
Dope girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:33 PM   #19
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

and a better education
Dope girl is offline   Reply With Quote