- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation LARS’ OFFICIAL “WHEEL OF MISFORTUNE” LEAGUE SIGN-UP’S THREAD

The text battle community is stronger together than it is divided. We know this. The difficulty is that there’s always been a divide between our text battlers and topical heads.

The idea of a format where both sets of guys can take part isn’t particularly new; we’ve had Swag And Flow battles which was almost a hybrid format falling somewhere between the two. We had the Lyric Olympics battle format where it’s champ could dictate which format was used. It was cool, if a little flawed, as the champion could then simply play to their strong suit each week.

I hope to try and remedy that with this idea of the “Wheel of Misfortune”.

This is a league intended for both text battlers, and topical heads, to sign-up and take part. Each battle there will be a randomiser used to effectively “spin the wheel” on your individual battles, and that will be what decides whether your match-up will be a text battle or topical that week. Neither participant will know until threads go up. It will mean you have an even 50/50 chance each week of the battle being to your strong suit.

Now, to help even the playing field somewhat, I intend for the line limits to stay strictly between 10-16 lines min/max. This will mean it’s not all that dissimilar a format to the one current text battle leagues follow. It’s relatively easily to accommodate the text battlers, and the shorter verses will hopefully help maintain their interest (No one wants to read through 96 lines per battle, sorry topical guys).

My initial thoughts early on are that the topic choices should be more fun also - less reliant on the long storytelling format currently used, and more just fun in general - something that throws the storytellers for a loop and gets them out of this depressive, dark, doom and gloom with a murderous twist at the end type of writing. Lol. When it’s wrote down like that, you can start to see why it wouldn’t interest everyone.

Let’s try something more like “ Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or a horse sized duck?”. I think bringing in that more light hearted entertainment element could also convince more battlers to actively participate, as they don’t have to necessarily write a “story”. It doesn’t have to be long winded, it’s a short verse format. Quick, easy, and familiar to all involved. The topic is what it is and left open-ended as to doing what you want with it. The topical heads are challenged to write something outside of their comfort zone, the verses are shorter so will take up less of their time writing, there’s a complete shift away from the darker topics that have become the norm and everyone gets a chance at a decent record as they’re playing to their strong suit 50% of the time. The two worlds meet on the most even footing yet.

The wheel of misfortune decides everyones fate.

Dare to take a spin?

Last edited by sral; 03-02-2023 at 01:00 PM.
sral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 01:03 PM   #2
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future

Sounds decent, I like the lowered line limits. When would you intend to run this and would you want help?
symetrik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 01:21 PM   #3
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

If @Adverse wants to help I have no problem with that.

1) Symetrik
2) Cereal
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Last edited by sral; 03-02-2023 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2023, 04:13 PM   #4
Cereal
killa

Battle Record: 1-6

Cereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant future

im in..
Old 03-02-2023, 04:33 PM   #5
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

now do you really need a sign up thread in a forced labor era.
Old 03-02-2023, 05:58 PM   #6
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Sorry to be a pessimist Lars,
but just not much activity these days...not a lot of active bodies...

Count me in if your list starts filling, but for now I'll just
WAIT for Frank,
where we're lucky to get 3 complete topical battles (6, plus 4 no-shows is 10 writers last week...less of which vote).

Good luck with the set-up and recruits...in: if this has any chance of happening
Pharaohs Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:17 PM   #7
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Sure.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Master Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:37 PM   #8
kungfugrip

kungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant futurekungfugrip has a brilliant future

Lmao u spin the wheel and have to live in England
kungfugrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:18 AM   #9
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Damn, this place really dead.
Old 03-08-2023, 01:31 PM   #10
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfugrip View Post
Lmao
-kungfugrip
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 02:29 PM   #11
Civil Rawr xD

Civil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant futureCivil Rawr xD has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfugrip View Post
Gone
Old 03-10-2023, 08:41 AM   #12
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

100 duck sized horses all day. I'll kick the fuck out of them.

A horse sized duck would be terrifying.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 08:53 AM   #13
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
100 duck sized horses all day. I'll kick the fuck out of them.

A horse sized duck would be terrifying.
Your wit is dryer than:

&every1 here to lazy to fill in that blank
including u & me.

have another good weekend fox
irish clubs b playin our dope girl remixes soon, im sure
Old 03-10-2023, 10:05 AM   #14
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Thank you my friend.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 06:39 AM   #15
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

This is a dope idea. I dont write anymore tho. Sry giys
Old 03-16-2023, 02:53 AM   #16
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Earl View Post
This is a dope idea. I dont write anymore tho. Sry giys
Was that Un-beautiful Life the last thing you wrote?
Nearly 2 years ago...

Or have you written any random things since?

Currently I still have a few bars leaking out...on a little bit of a creative binge...keep saying I should stop I've got enough here....BUT,,,it's not something I can "choose" you know??
I feel like the binge is almost over, but I'm still leaking...
a little.

As it's somethign that's not "chosen", I will try to quit talking about hiatus/retirement and just post the leaks until it ends...
Then(very soon) try n STFU...

I don't know if the website "user stats" are accurate, but when it's like a couple hundred "guests" online and 1 or 2 logged in...lol ppl just leering and no one can fix your name??
I thought you were OM mod Geno, doesn't that afford you those privileges?
Well, guess not, if you're asking. Must be an extra layer of admin...

anyways,

Stay up

Tolerate me for just a lil' longer
Or enjoy? I donno. I kinda try now.

Peace
Old 03-16-2023, 05:20 AM   #17
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

I think the 100+ “users” viewing are just spambots tbh
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 09:35 PM   #18
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Start up the league. Cereal, Halo and myself will battle each other into eternity if we have to.

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Master Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 04:57 AM   #19
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Rock View Post
Start up the league. Cereal, Halo and myself will battle each other into eternity if we have to.
Never freestyle a closer. Aw,
God. Badly! I learned,
'gainst you; yeah that 1 - week!

Last edited by Pharaohs Army; 04-06-2023 at 12:05 AM.