Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Allow Me To Retort Season I

User Tag List

Old 04-19-2021, 11:19 AM   #1
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future
Default FINAL MAG + VOTE REVEALS

WHAT A FINALS, AM I RIGHT?! FIRE ALL OVER HOLY SHMOKES ARTICHOKE DIP DIP ZIP AND A BILL COSBY IMPRESSION FLOWING FROM THE FINGER TIPS OF DAVE AND RYAN AS IF SOME GOD WERE BEING SUMMONED TO BLESS US ALL WITH AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF UNINSPIRED ZZZs

In all seriousness, though, the way that it ended shouldn't take away from the joys of our first handful of weeks before 95% of you gave up. Remember that one battle between whomever and the other one? I kind of do and I'm sure you possibly do as well. Anyway... here are all the votes from the judging panel, who are the true champions of this league (and Dave. Good job, Dave).

Special shout to Ajax, who broke down every battle on a weekly basis. Lot of thankless time spent by him. So if you pass him in the hall give him a wink and a nod before you yell at him for voting against you.

Also to User for the hilarious mag reviews often as night turned to morning.

Last edited by dull boy; 04-19-2021 at 11:36 AM.
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:20 AM   #2
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

Week 1

Adverse

Liked Blue’s initial bar. Came out swinging with the ‘Just another day at the office’ bar comes out attacking Inf character and stuff, was a cool way to get started. Was a little lost on the NeverEnding story line like there was probably a wordplay I missed.

Actually think Inf did justice here to the flipping of both lines. Office space was a cool call back to the first line, but also tied in the basement line as well, the ‘1 80s fantasy’ was a nice concept maybe could have used a tweak on wording? But overall was impressed with the rebuttal

The Italy and boot correlation was cool (probably not the freshest concept but liked the way it tied into the former insult.) liked the teasing/DG bar was cool.

Think INF got too wordy in the next segment. And like blue pointed out that “diss, count” wordplay was really Barcotic esque and I really couldn’t rock with it.

Yeah liked the Barc flip though it was kind of ‘saw it coming’ concept was still cool, also liked the personal piece. Like how Blue is responding quickly and efficiently to these bars as well.

Answer bar was alright, the whole viral thing #me2 thing could have been done better, it didn’t read the best in my eyes.

Blue plays with some of the many Inf aliases (seriously how many does this guy have!?) it was decent for what it was, no haymakers.

Prick on the side/Thorne flip was cool from Inf. One punch could have been done differently I feel to have a bigger impact it was just an okay remark imo.

Blue’s final bars lose some steam conceptually though I really did enjoy the current affairs thing. Danny Laplante was cool but kind of genetic like literally place any serial killer here kind of bar.

Didn’t like any of Inf’s final segment. He said he was “dumbing it down” but I think he went a little overboard. Was very weak conceptually and was no hard punches to distribute. ‘Blue lips’ is one of the worst lines he dropped this match .

Overall, I enjoyed more of Blue’s lines. Not only was he superior when it came to flipping his opponent’s lines, he also was very prompt with his responses and also hit harder overall so I’ll give him the W here.

V/BB

USER------

Blue got this for me.

Flips were relevant, rebuttals were well done. I understood all of the lines except Artax and Danny Plantain or whatever.

Inf, you had a few instances in here where I didn’t like either line. Prick on the side was my favorite rebuttal from you. That was dope.

V. - Blue

HUSH----

Inf and blue wasn’t good or fun to read
Dudes swinging wildly
I got blue
It was the prick on the side vs current affairs line and blue countered his best line with his best line vote blue

SHARP---

Cool here. Blue's opening personal was obvious, but still effective. Inf's concept against him was cool, but seemed like something that only works because blue said 'office'.
Inf still had the lead/momentum for me until 'grew pawns'. Blue's boot and teasing post has him in the lead. After that it was pretty even. The #metoo bar has a cool idea behind it but execution wasn't there.
The rest was insanely close but the highlight (for me) was almost the way Inf handled the throwing shit at the walls bar. 'dumbing it down' doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me... Still thought it was a good use of Blue's bar.

I give Blue the edge after 3 reads, but this is pretty close. If I fucked with 'grew pawns' at all this could have been a coin flip.

Adverse----

This one was sort of a....rough read? Some of the punches being thrown came off really elementary school tbh. Like the opening bar from Spree in all its simplistic glory was literally about ‘Coo D/Cootie’ which...come on Spree I’m sure Barc blushed at that one.

Coop started off similarly abysmal flipping more of the rhyme scheme than any concept, also his punches were very weak and non-personal.

Then came the ‘wtf’ moment of the battle as Spree used a ‘before I call ur bars sharp or nuts I’d rather stab my dick with a knife’ line that was just....wack at best

Coop responded with no real punch just saying Spree was a masochist and he wasn’t fucking, Spree picked up a little steam throwing shade at Coop for being a suspected biter. Also had a cool/hen/eggs concept that I’m sure has been done but alright I guess.

Coop hasn’t moved me thus far into this battle. No real steam, no real jabs just statements, and from a flip standpoint they haven’t made any real damage. Saying Spree can’t spell ‘ok’ is really general and frankly not even a hard bar in the least bit.

Spree had his best segment here with the “I edit one word you edit a whole verse that ain’t yours”

Didn’t like Coop’s final attempt, again too statmentish and though he tried to tie a nameplay into the end bar it just wasn’t enough

Though Spree repeatedly shot himself in the foot, he had better rebuttals and his bars were just overall harder. Coop needs to be more clever next outing he is much better than this. Any other time Spree’s lackadaisical approach would have been a death sentence yet he outboxed Coop here bar for bar.

V/Spree

AJAX-----

Coop wins.

Neither was very impressive, IMO. The wording and wit level was lacking in both. This felt like a mediocre battle from 1999.

That said, Coop was better at rebutting Spree’s lines.. He also responded much more quickly than Spree did.

Neither was particularly impressive overall, but Coop wins.

USER----

Cool showing guys. Spree, I didn’t see any real strength in your rebuttals, when you did try for one, it read more like an “OH YEAH?!” Level of retort. You had some clever ideas in general like hen coop and a few others but felt Coop shut you down with each comeback bud.

Coop, rebuttals were your strength but maybe work on incorporating a little more ferocity in them. I think you edged this but it could’ve been a knockout if they came off less statement-ish.

V - Coop

SHARP----

I was just whelmed here. Seemed there were good bars and bars that flipped their opponent's shit, but didn't get both in the same post. Coop's wording was way better, even using Spree's rhyme in his own scheme which made it mad smooth.

Coop's bars were overall more effective to me, especially when he actually used spree's against him. Spree didn't do much of that beyond 'that bar is bad', while coop incorporated Spree's bars into the flip (see masochism, class).

Got Coop pretty comfortably.

Adverse

On paper this one looked pretty one-sided but honestly with just the style of battle and Des kind of shrugging this one off it may be closer than the matchup would first suggest.

First thing first, Des started this out sort of funny though the punch was on the light-ish side. I liked the correlation between rewording his verse and flipping, this was a cool opener if not a tad statmentish

Mac countered with his BOTB right here, flipping Des statement about rewording and saying his most notable line was his “widows peak” that was jokes to me. He didn’t complete two punches here though as his second fell pretty flat.

Des had his best outing here with a nice counter on the widow’s peak concept. Really liked the punch, and the next gen jaun was pretty good as well. Liked the flip there a lot.

Mac’s response fell flat to me here. Correlating gaming to a counter strike game and the ‘G spot’ (didn’t really have knowledge on the game and Google did me no favors) I also didn’t get the Gulag line either, plus it wasn’t really a flip it went off on it’s em tangent tbh.

Des last bar was a throwaway but could have been a solid punch with better wording, but he probably had a sense he was victorious at that point.

HERE’S THE DEAL

Des obviously knows his way around bars and knows how to flip them well, he’s seasoned. Mac showed some promise here especially with the widows peak segment. But ultimately fell flat with his other installments. Destroyer rarely didn’t land at least a jab and he found himself victorious here.

V/Des

AJAX------

Des won. This battle was disappointing, given the apparent lack of interest (they only posted a total of 5 times, and took a day each for every response). I also don’t understand why Mac would let Des have both the first and the last word.

In terms of wording, I didn’t think either was particularly impressive... although they were more concise than Rusty Gunz, for example, neither had any complex multi’s or precise rhythm.. and nothing unique from a style perspective.

Wit wise, Des was better. His widow’s peak rebuttal was the line of the battle IMO.

Vote - Des.

USER-----

Vote - Des, because Mac was incredibly bland material-wise and barely even rebuttaled/flipped. I also gave neither a point in the speed category for any of their responses, but Des’ were technically better written to me and he “rebuttaled” better. I know that’s not a word. So yeah. Vote Des.

USER------

Unique match and one I think may set the the tone for things I’m looking for in a good rebuttal. Dave’s responses were overall more witty, but Sharp gets the nod in speed of responses and flipping/using the opponents lines against him. I think if this were a normal match, Dave’s a pretty quick vote for me here. However, giving weight to the criteria of this league, I’m giving the very slight edge to Sharp here. Vote Sharp.

ZUCH----

Barc alias been done to death so no
Come in second is statement ish, but I like it and it’s relevant

9 months later was jokes

Runner up Dave was funny

Hit silver was dope
Half Nelson was cool

Grabbing silver is dope
English text cool

I kn is you are but what am I was okay
Carpe a diem was bad, idk if you were going for irony there or not but I can’t approve of that one

This was my favorite battle this week. You guys both had some good stuff. Was leaning Dave but then Sharp came with it at the end to even it up and Dave swung and miss with the last reply. I honestly can’t call this one so I’ll leave it up to the judges. Good shit.

HUSH----

Sharp vs Evad I got sharp he was witty
Time zones made quick retorts difficult I imagine
Sharps runner up line set the narrative and prolly was lotb

AJAX-----

Zuch won this. From a wording perspective, he was significantly better, both with respect to being more concise and utilizing multi’s more. In fact, I don’t think Rusty had a single multiple rhyme in all of his verses (he may have had one). Rusty’s bars were also WAY too long and wordy, with too many unnecessary words and no rhythm. They were hard to follow in many places.. and came off amateurish in many spots, even when the concept was cool.

Conceptually, I think they were relatively equal, although Zuch was better in this regard too, IMO. He was wittier more consistently. Rusty was able to be a little more personal, given all the information we all have due to Zuch running the NBL.. but, he relied too heavily on Jamie disses and bartender disses, which are really low hanging fruit. One thing Rusty did well was specifically target the prior lines by Zuch, but that wasn’t nearly enough to overcome the other weaknesses in his verses.

In terms of response speed, they were even IMO.

Overall, I think Zuch was more consistent throughout.. I particularly liked the courtroom flip. He turned a weirdly worded punchline from Rusty into a solid 4 bar rebuttal.

Vote Zuch.

USER----

This was a fun read. You both followed the rebuttal rules pretty well. I have a few nitpicks, though. Zuch had a tendency to reference the previous line(s) only in his next direct setup, and didn’t really lead the rebuttals into any flips or anything, but still a good showing on the strength of his concepts alone.

That aside, Seth’s first two responses were good and then continued to trail off in potency. Towards the middle of this back and forth the lines were getting incredibly long winded. I was downright not feeling a few there in the middle at all from Seth. I also felt Zuchs best comebacks were there in the middle and end against the weaker lines from Seth.

Consistency-wise, I’ve got Zuch here. Seth made a good point about it not being a cypher, and that would’ve helped if that part was in an actual verse/punch/retort rather than a leading comment (which btw, can we do that? Just talk a bunch before our responses, or am I only judging the rhymes themselves? I’m a bit unclear and didn’t really see any other battlers do this as consistently as these two did).

This is getting a bit long winded, so I’ll end it here. V - Zuch

Hope this gets more votes.

Hush----

Seth

SHARP---

I feel like zuch started off at a disadvantage not knowing it was seth, but he's been rocking that alias for months. It seemed like Seth took an early lead flipping zuch's OP and really put some distance after that 'wrong cream' rebuttal.
Zuch definitely closed that gap by the end but I think Seth did enough to hold on to that 'lead' by going directly after Zuch's bars. Felt like he was on the offensive and barely let up. The wording wasn't 100% from either guy but I think the impulsivity of this league will do that.
I wish this didn't carry over into the chat thread and discord.

Seth won with my favorite showing this week but both of them look dangerous to me.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:22 AM   #3
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

Week 2

Des V Zuch---

Judges (Sharp-d, User-d, Adverse-d, Ajax-d, me) 4-0 des

Sharp - Zuch kind of gave up right away. Des had the best flip for me with half calves.

user - V – Des

Zuch gave up. And Des was better anyway.

ajax - Just like last week, I’m gonna vote in separate messages. Will try to get everything to you by tonight.

First one.

Des v Zuch

This was really disappointing. 4 total verses, by two guys that we all know can write a lot and participate in everything. They really seemed to dial it in here, especially Zuch. I would have favored Zuch pretty heavily in this, based on his recent form (and the fact he got absolutely robbed last week by what I thought was the worst verse in the league). Instead, he dropped four pretty good generic lines and then a rebuttal that I didn’t even get (at best, it was some kind of convoluted wordplay). He’s better than that. Des actually rebutted Zuch’s lines. Nothing groundbreaking, but solid enough.

Have to give the win to Des. But, I’d be shocked if this wasn’t the most disappointing battle of the week.

ad - Glad Zuch and Des had such a short battle this week, it was still a decent read though.

As far as rebuttals go though, Des clearly had the advantage since he got two rebuttals compared to Zuch’s one. Based on the clap backs though I think Des got this easily. The half calves line was fucking ridiculous lol though I liked Zuch’s opening lines but this being about rebuttals Des easily won’t that aspect of the battle.

Seth V Frac---

Judges (Sharp-s, User-f, Hush-S, Ajax-f, me) 2-2

Ajax - Another battle where it’s obvious the two battlers don’t like each other very much. It made for an interesting back and forth.

Once again, I have to specifically note how bad Seth’s wording is. Not only is it not next level (as anyone winning consistently needs to be), it’s awful. Borderline unreadable. If writing something that could conceivably be rhymed with some measure of cadence/rhythm didn’t mean anything, anyone could write 30 syllable jokes and pass it off as a verse. Even when his ideas are cool, they’re written so poorly, it’s hard to get into them at all. How anyone voted for him last week is beyond me... and in many respects, this verse was worse on that front this week.

So, wording wise, this wasn’t even remotely close.

From a wit perspective, they were moderately close... but, on a straight punchline basis, I had Fracture taking it as well. His concepts were consistently better, even though he went to the “Seth is fat” well a couple too many times... and the roof access line didn’t make any sense at all IMO.

In terms of who flipped/rebutted the best, I think they were even. They both specifically went at each other with pretty much every line... it was the best part of this battle. They can’t stand each other and, conceptually, they both had some really cool flips.

At the end of the day, given how even they were on rebuttals, it came down to wit and wording.... and Frac was better on both fronts. He won this.

Sharp - I wasn't in love with a lot of this. I don't understand the scientist angle. Is it the Dr. Nick avy? Right off the bat, it's a just fat bar. Seth was good about focusing right on frac's lines and Frac was generally good, aside from the weird scientist callback.

The battle started slow with a few highlights (the HGTV exchange and couple's retreat flip from frac) but didn't pick up for me until the negotiator/scientist flips were tossed.

The roof access was exchange was great, aside from frac's original bar... which was bad so it turned out about even. It came down to the very last exchange to me and Seth won out with the hinkley jr exchange. really could have gone either way to me.

v/ seth

user - V – Fracture, by a hair

Battle of the week probably. This was two vets who know how to flip/rebuttal/retort and doing it fairly well, I can’t fault either of them in that category. As far as freshness of the material involved in the flips, Fracture gets the edge there, by a fair margin to me. His retorts came off funny and entertaining while Seth’s tended to come off a little corny or didn’t really land at all for me. I think maybe these two have battled so much that it boils down to fat jokes never getting old, and Seth’s angles really needing a special something to really stick the landing that he seemed to lack during a few of his responses. There’s other little nitpicks I have with both, like it being 2021 and Seth still opting for single syllable rhyme scheme in certain places, but that’s a personal stylistic itch that he just didn’t scratch numerous times. Frac also took the longest breaks in between responses which garnered him some negatives in my eye as well – but overall I thought he had enough to see it through.

User V Adverse---

Judges (Sharp-u, Ajax-u, Me, Hush-u, me) 3-0 user

Sharp - Adverse surprised me by opening with two effective flips, answered back by a nice 'run circles' play from user. Wasn't a fan of the seconds bar because User pretty much obliterated that flip with his Interstellar bar

The rest of the battle was all User. The janitor lines in particular sealed the deal for me, but Adverse couldn't hang because his bars were playing off of User's, but always came back to 'you're fat'. User justifiably put him on blast for it. User won with consistency. Would like to see what Adverse does against someone with less of an established 'character'

Ajax -

Ok. THIS is how this league is supposed to work, and differentiate itself from others. Starting from the first rebuttal, each consistently and quickly went after each other and, in most cases, directly against the preceding line(s). It was entertaining to read, and VERY close. I thought User’s last two couplets (same joke 4 times and 200 guys better than you) were the best lines of the battle, because Adverse’s entire collective verse was essentially a fat joke flipped in different (albeit well done) ways and so User’s hit really made a solid impact. For what it’s worth, Adverse’s final point also hit (essentially rhyming a response that he was just using what was there).

I think that, compared with other battles I’ve read in the last two weeks, this may have been the best example of two guys specifically rebutting prior lines. From a wit perspective, I thought they were essentially even.. each was consistently good, if not awe inspiring.. and I didn’t see many low points at all.

I’ll also say that I think this was the best I’ve seen from Adverse, overall. His wording was much better and more concise than I’ve seen from his earlier stuff.. and maybe he has a knack for rebuttal style rhyming. He could be a problem for people moving forward. His flip on Fantastic For after User’s relatively weak Thing punch was really well executed, and an example of how wordplay can work if done well.

I think they tied in terms of response time and wording... so, this really was as close to an overall tie as they come. I think it ultimately came down to User’s final set, which undercut the entirety of Adverse’s verse. Because, by that point, it was clear reading this that Ad had spent a little too much time on that one point, so User pointing it out was perfect. But, this was really close.. and seems to really suit both of their styles. Good stuff. User barely edges it.

Sharp V Mac---

Judges (User-s, Adverse-s, Ajax-s, Hush-s, me) 4-0 sharp

Ajax - Another disappointing turnout. 6 total drops, with an average of almost a day between them, is just a reflection how little they cared about the battle. Made it much less interesting. And, frankly, I thought the quality of the punchlines, from a wit and rebuttal perspective, was lacking from both... from a wording perspective, both were better than Seth, for example, but pretty standard fare.. nothing spectacular.

I do think that Sharp was markedly better with his disses, although it seems like there was a translation issue for Mac that led to Sharp’s best disses (the “pooser” line was the best in the battle.... although it’s ironic that Sharp included a typo in that line).

All in all, I think Sharp took this, in a pretty underwhelming battle.

user - V – Sharp, by a mile.

Flipped more creatively, concepts were better, and oddly enough to even say this – but he RHYMED better.

ad - Sharp and MAC is another easy one to decide. Mac was hitting more last week against Des

Sharp got this easily with the English tutor line and especially the Van Gogh bar. Mac didn’t hit as hard as I thought he could have done more, but Sharp had it right when he said his concepts were dope but he didn’t make much of them. Sharp wins

Dave V Coop---

Judges (User-d, Ajax-d, Sharp-c, Adverse-d, me) 3-1 Dave

Ajax - Interesting battle. They didn’t seem to care much, in what is unfortunately a pattern apparently, by only posting a few drops... but, it swung back and forth more than some of the other battles. Coop started out hot... but Dave was better at the end. And, he was better at specifically rebutting what Coop did.

Wording wise, they both did a good job... Concise, well worded multi’s.... and I’m probably the last person who reads text to enjoy non-“setup then punchline” disses, so I really liked the “name’s Dave” and “name’s Coop” back and forth... Would have played really well in a live setting.

Wit wise, I thought they were fairly even... Coop’s “no shot” line was a solid opener playing off his own fault... and Dave’s “did to yourself” reply was a good jab back... That said, I did think that each had a couple lines that were fairly subpar (Dave’s opener, Coop’s anal mastered, etc...) and there wasn’t anything mind-blowing from either. And Coop, for some reason, didn’t rebut anything in his second verse.... then Dave dropped the best sequence in the battle with the “name’s Coop” and follow up.

So, in what was effectively a tie, it came down to who was better rebutting.. by a hair.... and I think Dave was, barely.

Sharp - Crazy close. Coop had the lotb with no shot, but Dave made it close with his last post. I think if this went on, Dave would have won, but Coop definitely made the most of out of the shorter exchange

v/coop

user - V – Dave, slightly

This was another close one, and it’s due to consistency that Dave gets the nod. Coop’s first and final rebuttal’s were just complete whiffs for me. His second one was easily his best, and Dave came right back at him and minimized the impact of it enough to give him the nod overall for me. Cool match though.

ad - Think Coop and Dave wasn’t much of a match either. Only real rebuttal I liked from Coop was the not having a shot bar in response to the anti vax shit. Other than that Dave ran away with it in every category. He actually had rebuttals And didn’t focus primarily on rhyme schemes.

Blue V Flow---

Judges (Ajax-b, Adverse-b, Sharp-b, Hush-b, me) 4-0 Blue

Sharp - Rebuttals weren't the strongest part of this battle to me. The bars themselves like Jon Rahm and NBL is your baby were great, but are more highlights from a reg battle. Pretty much all of the flips were predictable or uninteresting aside from curls on the side.

I think blue was more generally effective, consistent, and had the lotb with his Jew flip. It's rare he has a chance to... be jewish?... and I'm glad he capitalized on it so well. Shalom.

v/blue

ajax - Ok, this was more like it. At least you could feel some real malice in the back and forth.

It did take several rebuttals for this battle to get moving, but once Flow brought up the recycling punch angle, things got interesting. I thought Blue handled it perfectly though. Combing back with the “let me know when you drop an actual punch” was probably the best way he could flip it... then his “curls on the side” rebuttal to the weird Jewish punch from Flow sealed it. Easily the wittiest punch of the battle and a perfect way to tie in the missed punch from Flow.

Blue is one of the best here at NC and has to be one of the favorites to win the league if he stays in it. Winning battles like this (where, frankly, Flow was ok, but overmatched) are what you need to do to win it... and Blue took care of business.

ad - Flow and Blue is the most competitive match I’ve had to vote on. I say that but honestly there was one that stood out to me and that was Blue, Flow might be rusty. Blue has the dirt tracks, claws, across the pond etc. Flow honestly had pointing out the fact Blue recycled a line. So Blue gets the vote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:23 AM   #4
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

Week 3

Blue 3 V Des 2

(sharp b- seth b- user b- ajax d)

ajax -

13 drops. Dope. I’m starting to see a trend... folks are getting into the format of the league. This is what you need... every battle with 10+ rebuttals.

Going into this, I would have assumed Blue was a clear favorite. But, Des surprised me. Either way, solid stuff from both sides. I will say that each had some big misses too that I didn’t see coming. Blues closer. Des going after his lady’s thighs (we’ve seen her.. and she’s hot. No reason to try that angle.)

But, there also some really witty stuff from each. And overall, this was entertaining.

I’m gonna go with the upset here. Des took it, barely. But good stuff from both sides. Cheers.

user -

These guys kinda went back and forth with a great line and a bad line sandwiched together for their 4 line tradeoffs, especially the first few exchanges. What tipped me in blues favor was Des’ terrible wordplay jokes. I understand they’re probably/maybe supposed to be ironic and clowning Blues wp he loves from time to time and probably/maybe supposed to be a diss within themself, but they just landed corny and flat as fuck. They both were very responsive so I have no negatives there, but as far as who flipped/rebuttaled the best, I just genuinely think Blues lines were better overall in the exchange.

V - Blue

Sharp -

Pretty good battle throughout but it seemed like blue won tactically. Felt like for every solid flip Des had, blue flipped it better back to him and 'won' the exchange. Fan service, retire, etc (though Des retiring you flip was just as good). Des was good about rebuttals but blue's were just better

V/blue

seth -

More consistent hits, a little more creative. Des was good but dropped the ball once or twice which Blue was too on it to let slide

User 4 V Inf 0

(ajax u- adverse u- hush u- sharp u)

Hush -

User got it . He was running circles around so and his last post summed it up perfect

adverse -

Let me start by saying I am flattered by all the name plays on Adverse User and Inf did throughout.
I think Inf had somewhat the same problem I had last week vs User, lack of angles but I think that was deliberate so he could bring up the attacking angles/massive cankles bar which I enjoyed. Inf had some good bars but I think User had the better flips here throughout, Inf had a better attempt than last week though, but I just think he was too one dimensional. User kept it fresh in my opinion so I’d get him the W
V/User

ajax -

Solid battle. Very close. Both had solid, concise wording... and the rebuttal side was essentially even.

I think User slightly edged it with his punches... Inf (again) relied too much on fat punches, even after he said he wouldn’t... and User did a good job calling him out on it.. and I think User’s bar about having to read Inf’s lines first was the bar of the battle.

User takes it.

sharp -

User's meta closer was probably the highlight for me. Thought infs Adverse reactions was dope, but the adipose was classic inf (let me Google that word I guess) and while user went at that angle, he could've done more. The microwave into therapy exchange was good too, but user just barely squeaked that one out.

V/user

Dave 3 V Seth 1

(adverse se- ajax d- hush d- user d)

Hush -

Dave won he’s the most dangerous guy in this . Botw

user -

Mucho props to Seth for actually rhyming more. It’s nice when people listen to critique. Although butthole and fuck bulls only rhyme if Dave says them in his accent. Underwater. Still, loved a few of seths back and forths, the Quimby/Cruz/Simpson the exchange was fun, and then Dave said

I don’t think that ur her type and you won’t find a hotter bitch
But if you sucked cream out her anus it came from me and not the fridge

And my entire head went back and my ears touched my shoulder blades as I ***kled like a fucking Grimms fairy tale witch.

Seth tried to come back with the GoT reference and then Dave hit him in the dick again with the carb horn line. Really it felt like anytime Seth queued up a good burn/flip Dave was waiting in the parking lot for it with a crowbar and a crazy look on his face. There was no digging out of that hole as the battle tapered off after that.

V - Dave

adverse -

Son of a bitch the exchanges in this Dave and Seth battle are pound for pound dope. I mean each time you thought one guy was pulling ahead the other retorted and turned the tables. I think if I had to lean one way I’d lean towards Seth he just got the better of a few exchanges including the horn piece. Thought he was clever with the stretch out and fridge lines too. Dave had some really dope stuff as well but I just think Seth made a few more exchanges work to his benefit so I’ll roll with him
V/Seth

ajax -

Dope battle. Both guys seemed genuinely into the battle.. responded quickly.. Good stuff.

Rusty did a good job trimming his bars on the wording side, which has been a problem for him in weeks past. Dave had really on point wording too, with a good focus on intra-bar multi’s. Both did well on this front.

Wit wise, I think they were about equal, and both were good. (Both also had a couple low points... Cruz.. the back and forth about horns and buttholes. Etc)

But, Dave’s “still stretched” line was really on point. Rusty’s rebuttal was perfectly done.

All in all, this was entertaining. Props to both. I think evaD pulled it out, slightly. He wins.

Frac 3 V Hush 1

(sharp h- user fr- ajax f- adverse fr)

user -

Frac by the narrowest of margins. It boiled down to better quality of the flips for me, and while these guys both knew what they were doing, it leaned in fracs favor the more they kept going. Hush had frac early but frac gained steam after hush’s first solo bar, the sex crime one. And kept it up. Dope match though and I could absolutely see this going either way.

V - frac

adverse -

Hush and Frac was another dope battle definitely contender for BOTW and though these guys both had some haymakers and had some good flips (including Hush’s opening flip and also he probably had BOTB with the “you keep bringing up my wife when your wife ain’t bringing up your daughter” that was flames but I thought Frac brought more consistency throughout he had some nice flips and just overall stronger bars Hush got a little one dimensional with the daughter stuff
V/Frac

sharp -

Hush's second post was the easy highlight and won him the battle imo. I thought fracs plug bar was going to be lotb but Hush answered back so well. After that things dipped down with a few highlights amid really predictable shit (hand jobs... Sex traffic... We can see the punch coming yeah) but Hush's bringing up the wife bar was mean. Didn't like the closer since it reminded me of Blue's father figure bar he used against Hush last year and blue's was way better.

V/Hush

ajax -

Last battle. Another 12 drops.... definitely felt the anger here.. both guys were engaged. Good to see.

Both guys were equal on the rebuttal aspect, IMO. Wording wise they were each solid too. Wit wise, I think Frac was slightly better. It was close, but he had a noticeable edge.

He wins.

dull 3 v bleak 2

(seth b- ajax du- user du- sharp b- adverse du)

user -

Bleak is not too keen on doing the rebuttal concept it seems. He started off mentioning dulls lines vaguely, almost throwing glancing blows and never actually flipping them. Not well, at least. Still, maybe a little more practice will help.

V - dull, easily

ajax -

Dope battle. Both had really solid wording, concise punches... and quick responses. Lots of obscure references that I happened to like. I knew this would be fun to read when Dull dropped a multi-bar Greedo punch that seamlessly worked in the Kool Aid Man and Wu Tang Clan out the gate. (I have a feeling he was sitting on that shot first concept since the day he created this league, but it’s cool. It still worked really well.)

I’ve never heard of bleak, but he was a breath of fresh air. Flow was perfectly done throughout.. Would have worked perfectly over a beat. His punches weren’t super complex, but sometimes simplicity works well. And I thought it did for him here. His sledgehammer/headmaster bar was solid... so was the rundown reference. Overall, a cool succinct style that stands out against the over worded style that’s become popular on NC.

That said, I thought Dull topped him here. He obviously had a focus on wording as well, with a specific emphasis on intra-bar multi’s... socially distanced/Covid restrictions.. greedo/steezo, etc. You could tell that Dull was focused on every syllable, and that matters IMO. (Although, I will say that there were a couple slight head scratchers with Dull’s end rhymes not quite matching up.... and “pickle” / “pic’ll” is a really unfortunate wordplay that I wish didn’t happen)..

All in all, I think it was relatively equal in terms of wording/flow.. Dull was slightly better in playing off Bleak’s drops.. and slightly better wit-wise. But, both were dope. This was a fun one to read. One of the better battles in the league thus far.

Dull wins.

adverse -

Dull and bleak was easy to call. Bleak has bars but I don’t know if he’s ever competed in a format like this. His bars weren’t really about flipping they were more statements. And even when he did flip it wasn’t super effective (I.e the mr freeze bar) Dull had some funny retorts also liked the funko pop line funny shit. He gets my vote here
V/Dull

sharp -

Multis maltese mull teas mall tease... At first it was 'oh these guys both have so flow' but by the end it was 'ouch my English'. I really fucked with the Texas winter/space heater exchange but did not get the social distance exchange at all. That was kind of the story of this battle for me. I'd get a bar right away and it'd be dope, then I'd have to reread the next 3 times... Sometimes happening concurrently. The pickle/rundown exchange was pretty nice and highlighted what I liked the most about this battle. I thought bleak was more consistent but dull had harder hits. Would love to call it a tie, but I'm not a pussy, so I did some math and bleak edges it with the undertaker bar.

I think

V/bleak

seth -

Iono. I got bleak but it’s close. He had more traditional battle concepts. The only bar I’d quote in a regular battle was his Texas winter opener. If he didn’t have that I’d have you off just better technical writing.
Those two you had with the rundown mood and stiff ina. Morgue were cool though

adverse 4 v amen 0

(hush ad- seth ad- ajax ad- sharp ad)

hush -

Adverse did amen foul he won

ajax -

Interesting battle. different styles. Amen did a great job with internal rhymes, but was REALLY bad on wording overall (20+ syllable lines back to back don’t work, ever...). Adverse focused less on internal rhymes, but was significantly better on overall wording.

Wit-wise, I think they were about even. Adverse had some solid personal punches (from discord). Amen had some cool ideas. Neither was next level, but both were solid enough.

Rebuttal wise, they were also even, IMO. It was entertaining to see both going after each other.

I think the ultimate decision came down to wording. Adverse was just much better on that front. Amen was dropping unspittable lines throughout. If they could be spit, they’d be twice as long as the bar limit. I’m sorry, but that doesn’t work.

Adverse was more concise.. and with the wit being equal, that took it. He wins.

sharp -

Started pretty strong but peaked early. Ad's testosterone shots was answered pretty well by amen, but Adverse turning it into his own stomach curl flip was solid. After this amen got weird. Either too wordy or too easy a concept. His easy bars were predictable but hit (mile in his shoes) but wording killed some later ones (Ted bundy). Adverse won it for me by getting aggressive about his weird flips with 'get it straight' - easily the line of the battle. I chuckled. Out loud.

V/Adverse

seth -

Adverse beat Andy jfc
Bars had stretched and no real concepts tbh
Old 04-19-2021, 11:23 AM   #5
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

Week 4

(0-1) Hush Vs (0-0) Diablo

(Sharp h - Ajax h - Adverse h - User h - Me)

User -

Both started rocky, I wasn’t really feeling the back and forth in the beginning from either until about the Gollum line for Hush and the first Bugs life line from Lars. What sets them apart the most is how much I loved some of Hush’s ENTIRE retorts though. The crop and apple line were both funny, The Sméagol & Bugs Life flips together were clever, the 3 quarters and magic wand lines, it kinda goes on and on. Fire Marshall bill was another heater. That’s not taking anything away from Lars, he had his moments as well. The original Bugs Life and Frodo lines were good on their own, but the fact that Hush flipped them better and continued to do that on a repeated basis really sealed the deal for him. Same happens later with son a gram and baby gap, both originals were good on their own but the flips were so off the wall hilarious they outshone the originals. Hush was a problem throughout the entire thing.

V - Hush

Adverse -

Lars 1:
Cliff note was alright not a haymaker tho

Hush 1:
Adoption release was funny and a good rebuttal
Under six foot is kinda played but I think in this context it was solid

Lars 2
Stray with your name on it was a cool flip, letterbox was a weird twist on it
I didn’t really mess with the cousin/sister bit

Hush 2:
Get infected was okayish
Second tombstone was cool for a rebuttal but yeah idk if a second tombstone is a thing lol

Lars 3:
I really liked the leak bros reference that was a cool tie in to all the dog bars
Tri mister was a decent wp, liked the reference back to the pregnancy, two strong rebuttal lines

Hush 3:
Agent orange was decent tie in but lacked a power punch
Raising your spirits was nice good job

Lars 4:
Lower jaw expectations could have been special but idk just didn’t connect completely
Crop/weed pusher was an alright enough connection

Hush 4:
Crop/jaw rebuttal was awesome, nice one
Shotgun was funnyish lol

Lars 5:
Bugs life/worms eye view could have used a better connection imo.
Marriage proposal was a funny short joke

Hush 5:
Lmao Sméagol was funny
And bugs life 2 was harsh but funny..Hush going for some nerves

Lars 6:
Booster seats was jokes lol know the lisp is a fake personal but funny none the less
And 9 3/4’s was a funny Harry Potter reference

Hush 6:
3 quarters for oral LMAO okay
Magic wand/Harry potter was a decent flip, played as far as actual bars

Lars 7:
Pay my moms for a blowjob was kind of...weird? Lol
Horcrux was cool, idk why Lars saying “nigga” though lol

Hush 7:
Wife’s gums qualify lmaoooo
Gingervitus too damn haha

Lars 8:
Kneeslapper was dope
Couch cushions was funny, oompa chalupa hahaha

Hush 8:
Jurassic park mascot leaned me
Rotting corpse was cool haha

Lars 9:
Child neglect okay lol
Smoke during pregnancy was meh

Hush 9:
Legend was alright ha
Bill in the face was okayish

Lars 10:
Clean bill was a decent flip
Mini in Dominican was jokes lol short story was a decent punch

Hush 10:
Tales over 6 feet was okay but brought up a concept you used in the opening again
Cavities was dope hahaha

Lars 11:
View above my knee was pretty decent
Neo natal was a good connection man

Hush 11:
Wooden fuck was funny but he just bragged about fucking her a few bars so ehh
Matrix/May Tricks was a cool wp

Lars 12:
Itsy bitsy spider was jokes,
Sonogram was kinda harsh lol

Hush 12:
Son a gram of puss was terrible but decent
Catholic connection was cool

Lars 13:
Off the earth permanently was decent
Baby gap line was funny

Hush 13:
Good flip on the baby gap line lol
Better off yourself works both ways cool haha

Okay well I don’t have time to do the rest but you get the point, feel like Hush won pound for pound here he rarely had a slip up. Lars tried to do a little too much sometimes. I’ll give it to Hush

V/Hush

Ajax -

Wow. 29 drops. Definite props to both guys here, because this is exactly what folks should be doing in this league. Fun as hell to read.

I thought they were equally good at rebutting the prior flips.. and at responding quickly.

Wording/flow wise, they were essentially even (and solid), although Diablo had a couple head-scratchers.. and Hush could’ve done a lot better with multi’s..

Each guy also went to the well too often with certain topics. Diablo with the height, and Hush with the kid jokes.

But, all in all, this was great to read.

I think, at the end, Hush won because he had less low points. A couple of Diablo’s punches didn’t hit for me at all, and it seemed like he stretched a few too many concepts. Hush was simpler, but ultimately more effective. He wins, in a close and dope battle.

(2-0) User Vs (2-1) Des

(Sharp u - Ajax u - Hush u - Seth u - Me)

Sharp -

Des/User

Feel like I've seen enough User battles go the way of 'you're fat' 'you're unoriginal'. Des' fat bars were inconsistent to me, but the very last post was dope. If the rest were up to that level he would have dominated. Meanwhile, User was generally good with combatting them. Credit to him for finding fresh angles within 'you're fat'. Kind of a shame all the battle was angles we've seen done better but when they found fresh rebuttal material it got great. User had more solid rebuttals that I thought landed, so he gets my vote.
v/ user

Ajax -

Ok, now this was fun to read. 17 flips, and a number of them right on top of each other. It’s what the league is supposed to be all about.

I have to say that User is starting to stand out in this format. His brand of humor just seems to work really well here.

Des’ arteries line was cringe-worthy, and a tough place for him to start. But, after that, both guys started to settle into a really good rhythm.

Des stuck to the User script by throwing fat jokes around. He did it better than most (his “words that relate to sandwiches” actually made me LOL, and was probably the line of the battle). But, once again User rebutted him with the “called me fat six times” comeback. At some point, people are going to have to stop throwing fat punches at User, or at least intersperse them with other ideas, because User gets more credit by burning them for non-originality than most get for throwing them in the first place. Even with Des doing a much better job on the fat joke tip than most I’ve seen, it got old after awhile.

To be fair, User harped on the age angle a decent amount... but, he also varied it up. He went after the baby angle, his job, his age, his failed wordplay, and specifically addressed the fact that Des wasn’t varying his attacks.

All in all, I thought both were essentially tied on wording/flow, with the exception of Des’ wordplay.. and roughly equal on wit. What set them apart was User’s ability to use Des’ lines against him. He was better at it, and so he gets the win.

But, I’ll also say that both guys should get credit for bringing heat. This was one of the better battles I’ve read in the league thus far.

User wins.

Hush -

User got it that battle was fire des had some crazy rebuttals but user kept 1 upping him and predicting his angles

Seth -

had des and user neck and neck with Des up a little until the second half, then user pulled ahead
20 vs 15 points in my system
was 12 to 12 then went sour for poor des
he gassed out
fat flips not only got boring but were also getting unoriginal

(1-2) Rusty Gunz Vs (0-2) Inf

(Sharp - Ajax s - Hush s - Blue s - Me)

Hush -

Seth won rubber pussy was wild

Ajax -

Another battle where they were trading jabs consistently. Entertaining read. And very close.

Both did a really good job of responding quickly and rebutting the prior flip. I think Rusty did it slightly better, but it was really close.

Rusty has improved his wording significantly, but he still has a ways to go, to be consistent. You can’t drop 27 and 22 syllable lines back to back without some internal rhyming or rhythm. But, it was markedly better here than it was in the early weeks, so he gets props for that. They were effectively tied on that front, with Inf having a slight edge.

Ultimately, I thought this was exceptionally close. But, I think Rusty’s slight edge in rebutting Inf’s lines give him the win. But, Inf was solid. He put up a good battle. Rusty takes it.

(2-1) evaD Vs (1-1) Adverse

(Sharp d - Ajax d - User d - Seth d - Me)

Sharp -

I'm not going to automatically give Ad the L for using the phrase 'Even if I did watch kiddie porn' but that's about as close as it comes to an auto-loss for me. The battle started slow imo. Wasn't a huge fan of either guys tiger woods or golf flips. Dave really didn't do much aside from say 'that bar was bad' and he was really statementish with it. Started to heat up with the stroke bar and after that it felt like each post had a good rebuttal. After the stroke bar, he did a good job capitalizing on the 'kiddie porn' shit, bulldogs, and even the notepad. Adverse had at lot of predictable things but I really fucked with his flip of the 'keeping it clean' bar. He's finding his footing but a lot of it was 'see a word dave used -> flip that word' instead of coming at him the way he did at the end.

v/Dave

Seth -

Dave raped Ad. He is trying just uses some old concepts. Wording is still an issue. Nothing has sting yet.
Dave started strong then just stayed consistent with jabs and Ad never hit the gas and went off

User -

Dave’s retorts were on another level than Ad’s, but he put up a valiant effort. Individually, their lines were both both equally fine, but the angles Dave hit Ad with seemed to keep Ad on the defensive the entire time, rather than him spinning the rebuttals into hard hitting lines themselves, he wasted time consistently downplaying Dave’s flips instead of crafting and landing solid ones of his own. Dave got the better of him during the golf exchange, Ad’s kiddie porn line was a bad whiff and a setback when Dave flipped it pretty well on him, and just in general anytime Ad fell back on a creative gun line, Dave seemed to be ready and waiting to flip it against him humorously. All around solid attempts from Ad, but Dave got him in this one.

V - Dave

Ajax -

This was entertaining, as well. Lots of drops, and solid wit from both sides.

I think evaD’s wording was slightly better, but both were on point, for the most part (adverse had a few poorly worded lines that ran way too long).

I think wit-wise, evaD’s was slightly better, as well. The dick size rebuttal was perfectly executed. But, both guys dropped some solid stuff.

I also thought it was effectively a tie with respect to rebuttal quality. Both did well.

All in all, I think evaD pulled it out, in a close one.

(1-2) Mac Vs (0-0) Defiant

(Sharp d - Ajax d - User d - Adverse d - Me)

User -

Decent battle. And I’m being very generous calling this battle that. Why was this battle 90% about the WWE and wrestling? Anyways, Defiant seemed to pick and choose when he was retorting meanwhile Mac was following the rule a little better and flipping consistently but they just... weren’t very good. And I think Defiant going 4 more lines than him in such a short battle didn’t help Mac’s cause either here. Any ground he gained, Def beat him back with at least one retort per verse even if the other line chose to go in a different direction. I want to reiterate that I think both could’ve done better, but again, Def seemed to have a bit of an advantage by posting last and it was enough to take the W from Mac, IMO. Eddie Guerrero flip was probably the best flip in the whole thing and I don’t even know why.

V - Defiant

Ajax -

Lackluster battle, in more ways than one. They only had 7 total drops, so they didn’t seem as into it as everyone else (those who didn’t no show, anyway). More importantly, the level of wit and rhyme scheme wording was pretty subpar. From just a punchline/wit perspective, this may be the worst battle I’ve seen so far in the league.

That said, they both did a decent job on the flow side and in specifically rebutting the prior flip. So, kudos there.

Ultimately, I have to give it to Defiant by a hair. But, it was close.. I thought he had slightly better punches. But, both will need to improve a fair amount of make any headway in this league.

Sharp -

Def/Mac
Defiant showed, dope. Wasn't a huge fan of this one but it didn't drag. Lot of bars that just didn't quite connect from both, but I thought defiant had literally one more solid hit. If mac had responded on Sunday it could have easily gone his way, but
v/Def

Adverse -

Despite this being one of the shorter battles of the week, I had to reread it a few times and my winner is still up in the air quite a bit...but I enjoyed the exchanges. Think Mac’s two best bars were the break the mold bit and sexual lists. I liked Defiant with the Vince Mac tie in, I liked Defiant’s first couple responses though, after that there was a definite drop off in quality.

Gotta roll with Def here, MAC shows really bright spots but he hasn’t got it all together yet, I don’t feel like he landed two consecutive punches and that hurt him.

V/Defiant
Old 04-19-2021, 11:24 AM   #6
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

Week 5

(2-2) Seth V (1-1) Hush

(Sharp s - Ajax h - Adverse h - User s )

Ajax -

Wow. 39 drops. That alone is awesome, regardless of how the battle itself turns out, quality-wise. Props to both for that. Hopefully, the greater participation will continue in the league moving forward.

Hush got the best of the opening back and forth. His wording was much more concise... and the sleeps in her own shit line was LOL funny.

Seth dropped some solid stuff too. The forklift rebuttal was really well done (and a hilarious image). Hush came back with the groundbreaking and seismic. Solid stuff.

There’s too much for me to recount every line, good or bad, but it became pretty clear early on in this that these two were really evenly matched. They both could care less about multi-syllabic/complex rhyming... it’s all about the joke. Personally, I think that’s a fault (you should focus on both), but it meant they were neck and neck the whole time. Very evenly matched. It was a straight humor battle.

Some highlights. Seth’s rebuttal about fitting Hush’s family in a picture was spot on. Hush’s angler fish rebuttal was comedy. Seth’s Pinocchio spin was almost corny, but it was creative as hell. Hush refusing to rhyme after Seth’s awful “dine her” wordplay.

I think they each dipped into the same well joke-wise a bit much (most of the battle ended up being fat jokes about each other’s wives), but that’s to be expected with so many back and forth posts. I didn’t hold it against them the way I would for a much shorter battle.

All in all, this was close as hell.. and comedy. I have to give props to both for coming with so many solid, funny concepts.. I laughed out loud several times during this. In terms of technical expertise, Blue v User was the best battle I’ve read so far... but, in terms of jokes and all around hilarity, this was as good as I’ve seen in here.

Ultimately, I think this was essentially a toss up... I laughed a couple times more often on Hush drops than Seth’s, so that gives him the win. But, I think Seth would have beaten many of the other battlers this week with that string of verses. Good stuff.

Adverse -

Seth and Hush was a great battle through and through but as I went through each line and scored them individually I had Hush with 12 wins and Seth with 8, honestly wasn’t feeling much of Seth’s stuff until near the end, he came to life on the second page and Hush faltered a bit. BUT Hush started off the battle super strong and for everything Seth said he had a super comical rebuttal that made me roll. The fat wife vs jaw thing was hilarious and honestly as much as it was done it didn’t get old but I got Hush winning this one he just had a few more hits to me, Seth still did great though

V/Hush

Sharp -

Early lead for Seth. Had so quality personals. Hush's 'fat wife' angle wasn't great until it was. Bussin tables + loading plates was a deadly retort. Seth's reply was some damage control (wait room) but Hush was the clear leader to me after that. Seth evened it up with the family picture retort, damn. The scales - angler fish exchange solidified the solid tie into page two. Pretty even until Seth's losing to Frac bar put him way ahead for me, and while Hush's depression angle was dope it wasn't too direct a retort after a mind-numbing series of 'ur wife' bars. I'd say both were consistent enough through the end to have Seth edging it. Despite cowriting a novel these guys were really consistent. This one's probably coming down to to who you thought had better highlights and looking back over it, it was by one for me.

V/Seth

User -

When you go this many lines and the goal is to respond quickly to continue the back and forth, you get a lot of meh lines... this battle had a looooot of them.

Wasnt a fan of much of the animal jokes at the beginning, seths opener was fine, and pretty funny tie in to hushs bunny picture, but then we can basically skip all the way down to Hush’s bussin’ tables and gains lines. Seth had the cigarettes line I enjoyed, back to Hush who had the porch line.

Now we’re gonna time jump again and go on down to the Narnia line from Seth, which is probably my favorite of the battle so far. And at this point I’m pretty much saying no to every scale line Hush uses. So, onwards we travel.

Thanos with a cheap weave is flat out hilarious just from an imagery standpoint. Thank you Seth. Duke Nukem Gluten was a heater from Hush as well. Pigcop overdosing on menthols and Cardi b, Jesus Christ this exchange is hilarious.

Time skip again, on down to hush’s diner wp rebuttal which was funny just because nobody’s done that here yet. Lmaooo

Time skip again, crying for weeks was dope by hush. And that was the last one I enjoyed.

All in all, a match with some very good lines but also one loaded with painfully bad ones, played ones, and boring ones. I’m giving Seth the slight edge for the hilarious level of imagery in some of his rebuttals and having less misses for me in general.

V - Seth

(2-2) Des V (1-2) Adverse

(Sharp d - Ajax a - Hush a )

Ajax -

14 drops, very cool to see the interest. That said, I think both guys came below what I’ve seen from them so far in the league, so this was a little disappointing.

Des’ opening 4 were really bad, and didn’t set the tone for the battle well. His opening couplet was worded really poorly (the second line had 28 syllables).. then he used the “ad miss ability” wordplay, which might have been the worst wordplay of the league thus far.

Adverse had a real chance to come out swinging and set the tone, but instead he went straight for what’s become the standard Des punch about his wife’s miscarriage (which, frankly, was never a really good angle to begin with).

Things didn’t get much better after that, from either. There were some decent concepts, but way too many low points... Des used awful wordplay a couple times (sim pull?), and had several points where his wording was really off. On the flip side, Adverse didn’t really capitalize as much as he could have...

That said, the end of the battle was better than the beginning... and I think Adverse introduced a couple solid rebuttals. Not ground breaking concepts, but well worded and concise. The running laps around you and time lapse at your age rebuttals were probably the lines of the battle. Des’ high point was definitely the primitive point of view flip, which was really well done. It’s unfortunate he didn’t match that level of wit and wording throughout.

I got Adverse taking this, in a fairly close, but overall pretty disappointing match. I’m sure both will come better moving forward, because they each have more talent than they showed here.

Sharp -

Des is becoming a master of responding to miscarriage bars. Adverse, commendably, brought some fresh approaches to the miscarriage angle, but it's happening so often that I'm really missing the 'des is old' bars. And when those came out, Des had counters for them too. Credit to Adverse, he's writing solid stuff but I think Des has a lethal combination of being great on his feet (those FN wins are earned) and being sick of the same angles. Felt like Des just had an answer to everything Ad dropped. Battle was a great read though. Fav exchange had to be the 'concerning number' bit since it highlighted why both did well.

V/Des

Also, Ad, it's 'per se'. Dull, please make sure he knows he fucked that up.

Hush -

Des and adverse I gotta read but I had adverse taking it

(4-0) Blue V (3-0) User

(Sharp u - Ajax u - Seth u )

Ajax -

Another battle where both guys were very engaged. Wit. Rebuttal level, response time, wording... all pretty much what I’d expect between these two. Blue is the resident NC favorite, and User has shown that he may be the best suited to this kind of battling (at least this far).

Blue’s old punch opener was solid.. but User flipped it perfectly.. and then Blue re-flipped it really well. Just a great back and forth. Blue’s GOT punch was the kind of esoteric wit that is a lot like my style, so I approve... but then User hit him well on the personal side with the “rewording” rebuttal.

That was pretty much the tone of the battle to me. Each guy came with solid, witty, and really well worded punches... with User doing a slightly better job flipping Blue’s concepts against him. User’s watch you drown line was classic. The back and forth on gender reveal was really well done from both. I really liked Blue’s fault lines/San Andreas punch..

Top to bottom, I thought it was a very solid battle. Probably the best I’ve seen so far in the league. That doesn’t mean they weren’t without low points (you almost never lose with a full boat in poker, User’s chin/Chinese joke from elementary school, etc). But, overall, this was a great read.

I actually think User pulled it off by a hair, in a slight upset. They were effectively equal on wording, rebuttal speed, and wit (all of which were really high quality).. but, User was slightly better at flipping what Blue wrote (and his couple self deprecating lines were really solid). Blue also started focusing a little too much on User’s weight at the end.. This probably could go either way, and if the other judges vote for Blue, I could see it. But, for me, I think User barely got it.

After breaking down this battle, it’s easy to see that the best bars this week are in this battle. Both were very consistent, I feel that blue had a few really good bars, while tony stayed more neutral with less highs. I got Blue here by a few bars. It was really close and User was actually winning for a minute but Blue had a few bangers in a row and it was too much for User. Very good battle from these guys but Blue wins by 3 bars. Vote- Blue

Seth -

I got user in a tied bout with him having lotb with gender reveal

Sharp -

Blue's opening was an early highlight but the rebuttals weren't great to begin with. Blue called User's angles old while dropping a Hardhome bar when I remember Orc doing that concept way better. User capitalizing on it put him out ahead, and while not strictly a rebuttal, 'gender reveal' was pretty good. User's gotten great at rebutting 'fat' lines. The same boat line was bonkers but following it up with a Chins line was a huge miss. Things more or less evened out after that but User's early lead held on. Both had some bangers, but Blue's best bars to me (aside from draw on your face) weren't - corleone mile time, old bars. I give User the slightest edge for rebutting better

v/ user

(3-1) Dave V (2-1) Frac

(Sharp d - Ajax d - Adverse d - Hush d )

Sharp -

imo Dave took a solid lead and never let go. He had a good response for damn near every solid punch from frac. It was a clinic on how to dominate in this league. Brought in personal angles to anything frac said.

v/dave

Hush -

Dave won
That was close

Ajax -

Another really solid, close battle. This is up there with Blue and User. Witty stuff all around and solid wording by each. I thought each dropped consistently well, with a couple low points. Ultimately, I think it came down to who was better at flipping the other guy’s prior lines... and I think Dave barely edged out the win on that front. Good battle.

Adverse -

I got Dave taking it thought he was a tad more witty and overall just had harder bars. Frac has some cool stuff but just didn’t have the same impact to me

(1-3) Mac V (0-0) Aero

(Sharp a - Ajax dq - Adverse a )

Ajax -

I’m not even sure it’s worth a vote here. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a double DQ. They both lose.

Sharp -

basically a 4 line battle. Aero's 4 were better.

Adverse -

It’s a hard one to call for me because technically it’s a rebuttals league and the only one who got the chance to rebuttal was Mac? But Aero had the better two lines? So idk I guess I’ll roll with Aero unfortunately.

(0-1) Lars V (0-1) Spree/Bomb Bard

(Sharp s - Ajax s - Blue s )

Ajax -

Pretty disappointing battle, especially after reading Blue v. User. The level of wit and wording just wasn’t on par with the upper echelons in the league. Lars dropped much better last week vs. Hush. Each guy harped on one topic (fat wife vs. short guy) way too much, and without much originality/wit. I was bored throughout this battle, which is all that really needs to be said.

Ultimately, I think Spree barely pulled it out... his rebuttal to the “ain’t lying” punch was solid.. and he had less low points than Lars. He takes it.

Sharp -

I'm not a fan of fake personals and this battle was full of them. Spree's wife aint fat and Lars rode that point into the ground even after literal photographic proof. If lars had brought more shit like his very last 'busted burnout' bar at the close it would have been great but I can't condone fake personals. Spree edged it with doing just enough with real personals throughout. He had some highlights with head and shoulders, piggyback, and miscarriage that did just enough for me

v/ spree

Blue -

Lars head and shoulders bar was my fave line of the battle
Thought that was creative and clever... but sprees short punch rebuttal was funny too
Overall I liked sprees variety of personal attacks and hits more then Lars exhausting the not even accurate fat wife angle
It's be like hitting zuch with fat bars 10 times
Also love spree pulling out a nude wife pic mid battle to counter the bars Lars had so far.. thats imposing your will to win
Sprees wording wasn't disastrous this week...
DEespite some cool concepts from Lars sprinkled throughout, Spree edges it for me
Vote Spree

(1-0) Fraze V (1-0) Defiant

(Sharp d - Ajax d - User d )

Ajax -

Another mediocre battle. Flow and wording was solid on both sides, but wit and rebuttal skill was seriously lacking. It got to a point where I didn’t really want to finish reading, because I wasn’t impressed by either side.

Ultimately, if I had to pick a winner, I think Defiant barely took it. He had less huge misses than Fraze.... although neither impressed me. They’ll both need to step it up big time to compete moving forward.

Sharp -

Not exactly feeling either drop. Truthfully went on too long. Defiant had better flips but much blander misses. Fraze had every technical edge but was better at turning around ideas. The 'leaving with fewer brain cells' is exactly what I would hope to see from this league and there wasn't another punch up to part with that in battle. Could see this going either way but I thought def was better about actually flipping punches as opposed to flipping references

v/def

User -

I enjoy Frazes style but he really delivered some played whiffs here. Double you, brain sales, anchored down, threw the match, etc. list kinda goes on. His best rebuttal was the Mac one to me. Defiant kept it simple, but his rebuttals were better, and his material rarely made me cringe (second to last reply was a nay). Fraze killed himself with played material.

V - Defiant

Last edited by dull boy; 04-19-2021 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:22 PM   #7
Blue Bayou
Ukrainian Howlitzers

Battle Record: 41-24

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 3
- Alias Tournament II
- Fight Night XLVIII
- Fight Night XXV
- Fight Night XV
- Fight Night (3x)
- Netcees Battle League (4x)
- NBL Tag Team Season 3
- Lyric Olympics
- 1-2 Punch League (3x)
- Battle Arena League (2x)
- Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2
- BA Tag
- NPL Roast
- Netcees Pic League

Blue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant futureBlue Bayou has a brilliant future

So did I win?
-kungfugrip
Blue Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:42 PM   #8
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Nope.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:46 PM   #9
Incredible

Battle Record: 6-15

Incredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant futureIncredible has a brilliant future

Wow, never thought you'd pull this off. Congrats man this was a dope tourney. Props
Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:41 PM   #10
Mac

Battle Record: 7-12

Mac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant future

awesome work dull you're the best
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:45 AM   #11
Cereal
killa

Battle Record: 1-6

Cereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant futureCereal has a brilliant future

mag was dope
Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote