Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 08-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future
Default Ideas and Opinions

I want your ideas and opinions on what can make this site attract more people, more welcome, get more writers and competition here. I have been to a good amount of other sites and theres still a good amount of text cats writing there just split up and there is plenty of oppertunity to get a good bit more competition here

so I come to the people that make this site work,,,the users

give your ideas and opinions and maybe we can find something to expand and have a wider variety of competition

what do you think about a front page?

as i said nothing is certain and its all ideas I am just looking for opinions so dont come in saying "thats dumb or stupid as fuck" because yeah
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I hate meeting new people.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Also, I came here because some of you guys invaded RIA and I became intrigued.

I was not aware of other sites.

So basically, we should all just troll the shit out of every active to semi-active forum. Worked for me.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

i remember i found old NC thru one of those attached sites like textbattles.com or whatever... something that grabs keywords out of search engines would be big for grabbing new or older people

we should be on the first page of google results for 'text battles', and if a front page could do that its prolly worth exploring. or get something like that textbattles.com site
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

I like that there is no homepage. Homepages generally are useless.

One thing I can't quite understand is why "Spot Light" right now features a crew battle that hasn't started instead of a big tournament that is in the finals.

I also think, as someone else brought up, the picture sizes need to be standardized, both in posts and in avatars. That would clean up the site a bit.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Also I should get paid for posting.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain Serpent View Post

One thing I can't quite understand is why "Spot Light" right now features a crew battle that hasn't started instead of a big tournament that is in the finals.

I also think, as someone else brought up, the picture sizes need to be standardized, both in posts and in avatars. That would clean up the site a bit.
my thing about a front page is you can make it about the writing on the site....i hate when front pages is about other shit but about site shit it may make people want to achieve that...u write...u write dope it will be showcased and etc

dont know if i said that properly if u dont know what i mean i will try to explain it better
Old 08-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #8
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
Also I should get paid for posting.
lmao negative

but u are my homey so nice try
Old 08-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain Serpent View Post

yeah but what size would be the best and ia gree about the spotlight tbh
Old 08-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #10
Animosi T
Flowgods Crew

Battle Record: 1-3

Animosi T is on a distinguished road

I think the color scheme is a bit boring. The banner could be updated. Maybe make a VIP group to those who refer "x" amount of people, to get people to get Netcees' name out. Organize the forum - meaning look over the sub-sections to make sure they look structured and maybe add/delete some sub sections.

I got a couple other ideas, but all in all, it's this is purely text battling, you can't expect a bunch of people to be interested in it.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #11
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Dammit lol

Old 08-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
Allen Knight
The Bad Guys.

Battle Record: 106-34

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Key to Greatness I
- BA Cypher Tournament
- Tag Team Tournament I
- Fight Night LXXVI
- Time to Kill V
- Fight Night LXXX
- 1-2 Punch League
- Fight Night Cypher II
- Key Grand Prix IV
- NBL Cypher (7x)
- Throwdown Cypher
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- BA Cypher III
- Fight Night 1
- Tag Team Tournament V

Allen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Im wit witty on just invading other sites an trollin
Old 08-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #13
Animosi T
Flowgods Crew

Battle Record: 1-3

Animosi T is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Knight View Post
Im wit witty on just invading other sites an trollin
But, that wouldn't really get more posters, it would just make the forum look like trolls/desperate.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #14
SiK
Sergeant Slaughter

Battle Record: 13-4

SiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant futureSiK has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to SiK

Maybe there should be a 'Main Page' when you first type the url....Like spotlighting the current champions and info on up and comers, and maybe have a small amount of hip hop news at the bottom....Also I think the site needs a more modern look something more sleek...I might have more ideas later
SiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #15
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of War View Post
yeah but what size would be the best and ia gree about the spotlight tbh
One (non-rap) message board I frequent has photos set to automatically resize to 400 pixels wide, then you can click for the full-size image.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #16
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

History suggests otherwise.
@Animosi T

Old 08-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

We need to stop being assholes to the new members
Old 08-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #18
Sho Money EMG

Battle Record: 7-12

Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG
Send a message via AIM to Sho Money EMG

Maybe a video chat... Also a freestyle room audio and chat
This site is whack
Sho Money EMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #19
Sho Money EMG

Battle Record: 7-12

Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG
Send a message via AIM to Sho Money EMG

Maybe work on a new skin too
This site is whack
Sho Money EMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #20
Coup
Don't believe the hype

Battle Record: 4-5

Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup Coup

create a poetry section
Coup is offline   Reply With Quote