Old 09-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future
Default poet

you got the hs5's?

i had the m-audio bx8's, but one was shorting out and staticking on me. they were too big for my setup as well so i went ahead and got these yamaha's i always wanted. i went with the 5's, i think i remember you saying you had them?

i didn't get a sub, probably will now tho listening to these. but more for enjoyment purposes. the bass is really clear with these and alot less boomy than the giant bx8's i had

but the main thing i'm noticing is how fucking beefy my snares are. in a bad way. like im listening back to old beats and they all seem muffledish and almost like the lows need brought down. but as im typing this i realized its probably my filtered basses. playing under my snares. because they all sound bad through these. just super meh.

but word. rebuilding. got a new interface coming too its on backorder though. getting a good turntable this weekend and tossing this cheapo i got out. then i'll finally pull the trigger on the maschine i think. the X is so sexy tho
Old 09-12-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

yea I got the 5's and a sub. I also have the bx5's. Used them before getting the HS5. But word. I actually run Maschine through just my logitech speakers and soundcard. Then if I make something I actually like I'll bounce it over to ableton and attempt to mix it out. At first when doing that I'd always be surprised at how shitty my bassline and kicks were tripping over eachother. Now I can kind of just know what to do before tracking it into abelton. But good looks on going with the Yami's instead of the piece of shit KRKs. No clue why anyone gets those....way too much of an exaggerated sound. I had my homie send me a track he mixed with the krks...then come over and listen to it on the Yamis, funny as fuck reaction lol.

---that X looks dope as fuck. No way in hell I spend that much money on it though. I've been wanting to get that Teenage Engineering's OP-1 for awhile now. But I'm also wanting to get a new Pallet Grill LOL so I have to decide which one I'm trying to get haha.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:20 PM   #3
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

yea man, i just always remember seeing that white speaker in the background of studio based interviews and shit. i've always wanted them. and on the same side of the coin i always see them KRK's now and they do nothing for me. they look like trash to me and most reviews always said they exaggerate bass and shit so i always just assumed they were overrated and people just got them because of the price point. so when i was more cash strapped i went with the m-audios instead because i never wanted the krk's lol.

im pretty impressed with these though.

is that op-1 a synth? plus a workstation? and yea man. i've been blowing my money on retarded shit. i was gonna pre-order the new nvidia gtx 2080ti or whatever it is 2180ti whatever the newest one was, but then im thinking i dont even know if my motherboard could make use of it properly i don't understand any of that shit

so it was either save for a minute and just buy an all out brand new beast of a PC to comfortably get the ridiculously overpowered video card

or just rebuild my setup which will probably collect dust.

but considering my PC still runs all new games perfectly fine there is no pressing need to upgrade that shit. so i'ma rebuild the setup. but word 2k for the X seems crazy. I DUNNOTHO I JUST WANT IT. but realistically i still think the maschine studio will be the best for me in actual use anyways and is 1/3 the price

Last edited by uh-oh; 09-12-2018 at 07:23 PM.
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #4
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

PM much? Come on guys
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:55 PM   #5
The Dead Poet

The Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant futureThe Dead Poet has a brilliant future

^yes we wouldn't want to clog up all the high traffic and top level threads in this joint.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:56 PM   #6
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

so i copped the sub, its still on backorder though gonna be shipped next week

kinda happy i put off buying the maschine again though because WTF is this??

its only 200. i might give it a shot just in case i fuck with it. im to FL centric.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:45 PM   #7
The Dead Poet

^lol first time seeing that. I haven't used FL in like 8 years though. But looks cool. I couldn't see myself using it in a note or a drum play mode with those small ass pads though.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:06 PM   #8
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

agreed. and i don't really see the ALLURE of clicking pads to highlight the patterns since its easy enough with the mouse

i went back to FL when my MPC acted up though and it was like i never left. the only problem is the workflow was so boring and monotonous again i lost the will to make anything.

since its so cheap and i got 150 in amazon gift cards for my birthday ima grab it just to see if i dig it.

my main reason for wanting the maschine anyways is for the NI komplete shits. i still plan on at least getting the 25 key keyboard, so i'll probably end up getting the maschine and komplete 12 or whatever its up to ultimate and sinking 2k into shit i never use lmao

i just want to be able to use it if its there
Old 09-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #9
cac lover
Banned

Accomplishments
-eating white dick

cac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dead Poet View Post
^yes we wouldn't want to clog up all the high traffic and top level threads in this joint.
Post of the week
cac lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:10 PM   #10
The Dead Poet

let me know when you're done being a bitch and start making beats again. I got a huge folder of shit I download off soulseek that I haven't maintained in like 2 years. So I'm sitting on like 300 gigs of shit that I need to consolidate into another harddrive. And instead of being a lazy piece of shit I'm going through it one by one and labeling and throwing out doubles ect ect. But while doing it, i'm finding some heat and throwing copies of certain songs in a folder. It's up to like 200 right now and i'm barley on letter C.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:12 PM   #11
cac lover
Banned

Accomplishments
-eating white dick

cac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant futurecac lover has a brilliant future

Quote:
let me know when you're done being a bitch and start making beats again. I got a huge folder of shit I download off soulseek that I haven't maintained in like 2 years. So I'm sitting on like 300 gigs of shit that I need to consolidate into another harddrive. And instead of being a lazy piece of shit I'm going through it one by one and labeling and throwing out doubles ect ect. But while doing it, i'm finding some heat and throwing copies of certain songs in a folder. It's up to like 200 right now and i'm barley on letter C.

Spit that *** shit
cac lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 10:14 PM   #12
The Dead Poet

Going to need you too fill me in what was redacted in your post man. I feel left out.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:16 PM   #13
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Quote:
Going to need you too fill me in what was redacted in your post man. I feel left out.
Don't bother.

Also, this thread is made up because uh oh doesn't make beats anymore.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 04:39 PM   #14
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnydot View Post
Don't bother.

Also, this thread is made up because uh oh doesn't make beats anymore.
lol word

im reloading though. i figure if i have a shiny brand new setup maybe the itch will kick in again. im not forcing it though.

also poet the redacted is c-a-c. his slang term for caucasion

also i am extremely interested in this folder you speak of.

im almost interested in buying an external HD and paying you to just give me your whole sample folder lmao

i deleted my shit. it was too big, too unorganised and too daunting. i thought i'd start over and had this idea of using just those library, royalty free nonsense things, but they do nothing for me. that was my last burst of creativity stifled. i'd rather chop and mess with the same al green/willie hutch/hell, james brown records than fuck with all them.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:21 PM   #15
The Dead Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
lol word

im reloading though. i figure if i have a shiny brand new setup maybe the itch will kick in again. im not forcing it though.

also poet the redacted is c-a-c. his slang term for caucasion

also i am extremely interested in this folder you speak of.

im almost interested in buying an external HD and paying you to just give me your whole sample folder lmao

i deleted my shit. it was too big, too unorganised and too daunting. i thought i'd start over and had this idea of using just those library, royalty free nonsense things, but they do nothing for me. that was my last burst of creativity stifled. i'd rather chop and mess with the same al green/willie hutch/hell, james brown records than fuck with all them.
I would do it. But I'd have to give you a huge fair warning that it's just a jumbled fucking mess. I probably got a TB worth of just shit to sample. Not including the hip hop and shit that I actually bump. But realistically maybe half is worth keeping.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:25 PM   #16
The Dead Poet

It'll probably take me another week to get through this drive that I'm doing. But there's some decent shit i've found.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #17
The Dead Poet

also when you get around to making shit again, this helped me organize my kids. Might help you too.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hjhn6b...ibrary%20_.zip

^empty folders. But it's decently labelled. I changed a few things but It helped me a ton.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #18
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

When is FDD2 @Finnydot

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #19
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

so i finally got that akai fire @The Dead Poet

its fucking TINY. it came with a version of FL. installing it all now, see how limited this legal version of FL is lol
Old 10-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #20
The Dead Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
so i finally got that akai fire @The Dead Poet

its fucking TINY. it came with a version of FL. installing it all now, see how limited this legal version of FL is lol
Word let me know how you like it. No where near with that hard drive yet....but here's a couple that might help your lazy ass get started.