Old 05-12-2019, 11:04 PM   #321
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

RIPCERSEI
Old 05-13-2019, 12:28 AM   #322
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth View Post
Episode was gutter trash

Tried to give this season the benefit of the doubt but it’s going nowhere. Last episode can only end somewhat satisfying with Jon and dany both dying.
How do u figure bro the double turn was perfection, Hound/Mountain was fantastic. That episode was phenomenal idk what u expected tbh

Since when did anyone expect the ending of this series to be sunshine and lollipops

Some people just dont like shit because its different, we get it knuck

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter

Last edited by bleak; 05-13-2019 at 12:30 AM.
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:38 AM   #323
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Props to Cleganebowl and cinematography and the hilarious death of Qyburn.

Writing remains trash. Died @ the coincidental Wrestlemania Main Event on the beach w Euron and Jaime.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:39 AM   #324
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

If those hacks miss the opportunity to have that horse be a Bran warg idk where to even begin
Old 05-13-2019, 01:38 AM   #325
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak View Post
How do u figure bro the double turn was perfection, Hound/Mountain was fantastic. That episode was phenomenal idk what u expected tbh

Since when did anyone expect the ending of this series to be sunshine and lollipops

Some people just dont like shit because its different, we get it knuck
I expected them to utilize more than 5% of the plot they’ve been building for 8 seasons?

Looked kewl tho hehe rite on

Fuck off
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:46 AM   #326
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

It's like they give us information just to make a plot point out of it later

The second time Tyrion said 'if they ring the bells, stop fighting' I got echoes of "the crypts are the safest place in winterfell"
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:45 AM   #327
Flow
Upset Champion

Battle Record: 57-49

Accomplishments
- 50 Wins

Champed
- BA Rookie Tourney
- 1-2 Punch League (x2)
- Pandemonium Cypher
- 1-2 Punch league Season 9

Flow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant futureFlow has a brilliant future

Trash writing - such a let down, did enjoy the world war 2 feels of the carnage though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabari Black View Post
Flow....that punch was disgusting. Mvgt Flow
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:50 AM   #328
bleak
yeet

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Quote:
I expected them to utilize more than 5% of the plot they’ve been building for 8 seasons?

Looked kewl tho hehe rite on

Fuck off
Tell me what plot points you would like to have seen fulfilled. Hound's arc was full circle and ended tremendously (albeit predictably) along with his brother.

Dany turning has been brewing for years and happened in a blaze of glory.

Cersei dies in her brother's arms after we finally feel sympathy for her., her facade finally breaks.

Jon was wrong per usual and his honesty makes him vulnerable, one episode left to finish his arc.

Tell me the points they missed please, you realize most of the plot points have died already right?

How would you have wrote the show Knock?

10/10

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter
Old 05-13-2019, 10:55 AM   #329
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

I'll field the Cersei/Dany one if Seth doesn't want it
Old 05-13-2019, 11:00 AM   #330
bleak
yeet

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
I'll field the Cersei/Dany one if Seth doesn't want it
Please, the double turn was great to me

Battle to the death
Old 05-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #331
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

1) Dany going "mad" was stupid. I'm willing to accept the fact that someone who has spent 7 seasons on the right side of the people, wanting to free them from slavery and protect the innocents can lose their grasp on sanity and decide to just mercilessly kill thousands of civilians who had nothing to do with Cersei. The problem is that there was never any logical breaking point that would cause her to do that, apart from Missandei dying - which was so long ago in the story arc that Dany couldn't possibly have that kind of knee jerk reaction. It was completely out of line with her character and they didn't write enough detail into the story to make her going "Mad" a believable angle. In order for it to make sense, it has to be a spur of the moment sense of irrationality, not a premeditated pointless conquest of an army that already gave up and an entire city of civilians who weren't even part of the fight.

2) Considering how "Mad" Dany has gotten, let's also point out the fucking 10+ times Tyrion has fucked up on levels that could've cost Dany her life. So she's "Mad" but keeps giving him chance after chance to make fuck-ups that even Jon Snow would have him executed for. There's absolutely NO way that Dany can be the "Mad" queen that the writers are trying to depict her as WITHOUT her killing Tyrion by now. Her actions towards Tyrion are completely out of sync with the villain they're trying to (and failing to) depict her as.

3) At any time she literally could've just flown directly up to the red keep and burned Cersei alive and taken over all of Kings Landing without destroying the inhabitants. The "Jaime & Cersei trapped" angle is lame, but I'd like to assume that the writers are competent enough to not make that the way they die. That being said, I've been assuming that all season and I've been wrong so far.

4) Let's point out how retarded Jaime's character development has been. I was willing to give them a benefit of a doubt and wait until this episode before I passed judgment, but here's a guy whose character developed into showing sympathy, leaving his sister because he saw her for the monster she is, shared a long and elaborate history with Brienne, stood up for her and had Brienne stand up for him, knighted her, fought alongside her to defeat the Night King's army and ALL of that is COMPLETELY inconsistent with his random, unprovoked decision to take her virginity then leave and go back to Cersei. Again, like the Dany "Mad Queen" angle, it's not that I'm not willing to accept that Jaime is and has always had a love for Cersei that would cause him to switch side and go back to her. The problem is that it completely ignores ALLLLLLL the character development that he's had over the last few seasons. If they were going to be consistent with his character, it makes no sense that he would've slept with Brienne. They could've easily left that out of the storyline and just had him decide on his own that he misses and loves Cersei, he leaves, gets captured and everything else in the storyline is still EXACTLY the same. Jaime sleeping with Brienne was literally nothing more than the writers trying to create an "oh shit" moment while completely disregarding whether or not it's something that Jaime's character would actually do in that moment.

5) Doubling down on how awful the Brienne storyline was, how about when Tormund just said "Ah damn, that guy wants to fuck my woman? ok have fun" then disappeared back with the wildlings and they never mention him again. The fuck is that shit? Again, Tormund is the millionth example of them just trying to write some shit into the storyline and showing no understanding whatsoever of who these people are, how they act, or what motivates them.

6) There's barely any reaction from Greyworm when they killed Missandei, the entire story between the two could've been executed much better. They could've had Greyworm sacrifice himself and get killed in the process, or at least spaz out and try to kill someone e.g. the mountain does the beheading, greyworm attacks the mountain and most likely dies. Who knows, there's a billion angles they could've taken that are better than doing absolutely nothing with this storyline

7) The Hound going to kill his brother under the assumption his brother was going to die anyway is kinda stupid. Telling Arya not to go in, and Arya abandoning her plan to kill Cersei was stupid. Her getting trampled was stupid, hasn't she been developing some preternatural acrobatic abilities and now she can barely navigate through a crowded city? Overall, the Hound vs Mountain scene was cool so this is one of my smaller complaints about the angles they took.

I really tried to stay optimistic up until this point, I figured they'd eventually tie shit together to a point where this stuff makes sense but they've just somehow managed to tank the entire series this season.

Last edited by Answer; 05-13-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #332
Chyeahhh!!!
Saul Paul

Battle Record: 16-26

Chyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant futureChyeahhh!!! has a brilliant future

This show is the million dollar baby of HBO

Lazy writing for a rushed finale.

This season has no rewatchability whatsoever

In protest of a rushed finale, I will not be watching.

I know the ledge, his sister's a jumpoff
Chyeahhh!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #333
bleak
yeet

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

1. Dany has been slowly losing her entire support system. Jon not returning her love was the "breaking point." I think it was mrant to be something small and gradual because thats the way Targ's are. Flip a coin and see where it lands.

2. I agree with this but the whole "then it shall be fear" thing. She had decided already that her reign had to be started with blood or no one would respect her in Westeros. That was the whole point of the convo with Jon, along with the previously mentioned shit.

3. I think we are meant to feel this way about Jaime, he is supposed to look like a sister whipped fuck boi. Him fucking Brienne was in a night of celebration where he found out she was a virgin and wanted to change that. You can see his face in bed afterwards, that he knew he made a mistake.

4. Wtf is Tormund gonna do, kill Jaime after he helped fight off the army of the dead? I feel like a trial follows that. Brienne never even acknowledged Tormund idk why everyone thought this was going to be a love connection, Jaime was always the story there

5. There was a whole scene where he slaughters like 20 unarmed Lannisters.

6. Arya was injured, i think it affected her skills like in ep3 after she hit her head.

I feel like we all had this ideal of how it was going to end instead of just enjoying what was written.

Battle to the death
Old 05-13-2019, 12:57 PM   #334
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

The thing was the last targaryen... Burn them all... Was legitimately mentally ill and with a history of insanity and sadism. Dany arcing toward that to make her a villain isnt the issue, I honestly think it could have been a good move fo the character if I were done well. My issue is with how she turned on a dime

I understand that her advisors being picked off (jorah/missandei) or losing her trust (tyrion/varys) would enable the worst to come out in her, but she's still proved time and time again she's been on the side of the people. Cersei even seemed to want to undermine it. The speculation was actually that cersei was going to destroy her character by making her look insane by tricking/provoking her into doing something so destructive.... But instead of being the cunning manipulator who managed to be queen, she was practically the declawed victim... But that's my gripe with cersei

For Dany, to echo what people here already said, she didn't really seem amply set up to murder civilians like that. I would've believed her going straight for Cersei (assuming cersei was going to go down like a joke) and killing the civs in the red keep, but this was just for the sake of the cinematography

It did look cool
Old 05-13-2019, 04:05 PM   #335
Immolate
I'm UPset

Immolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant futureImmolate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
RIPCERSEI
Nobody:
Daenerys Targaryen: ........Dracarys!

NO MERCY FOR CERSEI
Old 05-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #336
bleak
yeet

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Battle to the death
Old 05-13-2019, 05:24 PM   #337
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

No one is surprised or upset it’s not a happy ending

Good job being incapable of thought
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:31 PM   #338
Zaddy
ZAAAAM

Battle Record: 6-10

Champed
- What's That?! A Cypher!

Zaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant futureZaddy has a brilliant future

Bleaks opinion on anything is dogshit
Zaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:12 PM   #339
bleak
yeet

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
No one is surprised or upset it’s not a happy ending

Good job being incapable of thought
Please elaborate your complaints, since you havent. Show yourself capable of thought

Battle to the death
Old 05-13-2019, 06:18 PM   #340
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League