- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

thought about it

Enjoyed watching the episode, but I'm pretty disappointed by the NK thing

I don't mind good triumphs over evil but the nk is literally death... this is the main antagonist in any sense, so now our heroes look like they're panzer tanks of plot armor and don't really look like underdogs without some overly convoluted edge for cersei

what's she got? boats?

and that leaves the first part of this vision as less obvious now that one of the most likely representations of snow on the iron throne (which, Dany didn't touch) is gone

so

just gonna sit around for 3 weeks with the season's likely climax behind us and enjoy Robb Stark marches south part v2.0

yeah i'm feeling great directing with an iffy script

calling it now Tyrion is a secret Targaryen, Sam becomes grandmaester and designs a prosthetic cock for Gray Worm, and Jamie marries Podrick
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:19 AM   #262
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Winds of winter has the horn which will take down the wall as its cover. This plus tyrion being a targaryen in the books (not the show) is just another huge difference.

I dont think the night king takes a dragon. There is one for dany jon and tyrion. The other aegon will die for sure.

But i largely agree. This entire series is about the white walkers. The very first chapter and first scene. The politics and everything else was an aside, distractions building up for the second coming of the long night.

The show itself is to blame. Theyre just burning through everything i think and cutting out tons of shit.

EURON FUCKING SAILED INTO THE LEGIT HEART OF OLD VALYRIA AND HAS AN ENTIRE SUIT OF VALYRIAN PLATE ARMOR. HE HAS A HORN THAT CONTROLS DRAGONS.

in the show hes a slithering weirdo tryna fuck cersei? Cmon

But yea man.

Whats dead may never die. Here is to hoping that there is more in the lands of always winter. The night king was really the night lieutenant. Or somethong
Old 04-29-2019, 12:48 AM   #263
bleak
yeet

Battle Record: 20-34

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League

bleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant futurebleak has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
are all the children of the forest dead?

who are the white walkers? was he a stark? does it mean anything if he was?

what did the white walkers want?

i feel like this is some true detective fuckery. how they set up all this weird intrigue and backstory of symbolism and motives and cult shit and just weird strange shit and then in the end its like woody harrelson and the lincoln commercial guy kill him and everyone is like uhh. so what did all that shit MEANN THO

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN THO

GOD DAMN GEORGE RR MARTIN TO HELL

WE ALL KNOW HE AIN'T GONNA LIVE ANOTHER 30 YEARS AND FINISH THE BOOKS

THE SHOW AINNT GOT THE ANSWERS
I dont think what they wanted was ever the point. They wanted death. They are death.

That shit was phenomenal and i actually cared about reek so fuck off, that death was tough. I thought it was all over, literally no chance. The show has been programming our heads to think that no saving grace ever occurs in westeros.

They used the old trick of bringing the protagonist to the very end, but he is always saved, after using the opposite throughout the entire series.
Thats what made Ned's death so impactful, the fact that we were all still thinking, as hes about to get sent to the wall, oh hes fine hes got plot armor. Then no head. Same with the Red Wedding, they actually do it multiple times with separate characters in the same scene.

Who can really say they thought anyone was about to live? I thought Sam died 4 times, that final scene where Jaime and co get surrounded.
Its a curveball in THIS show when Arya flies through the air, AND THEN THEY EVEN MAKE YOU THINK SHE IS ABOUT DIE, when he catches her.

I agree that maybe a couple more deaths (i predicted 10) but hot damn what a fucking experience

Also yeah Euron was a total badass in the books, maybe he will show some cool shit in the battle to come

Plus that fucking Arya Clancy scene was dope af sneaking around and shit twas like a video game. A lot of that episode reminded me of a video game.

I dont think they killed the first zombie dragon (Vis) he just fell out of the sky

But they never showed Rhae so who knows, i thought Drogon was a goner

Battle to the death
like a woolah what it do to one’s medulla oblongata- revenge of Montezuma on a blotter

Last edited by bleak; 04-29-2019 at 12:52 AM.
bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:43 AM   #264
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Battle Record: 5-1

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- Netcees Battle League (8x)
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Orc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond repute

Wow

GOAT episode for sure

Agree the library scene was tense

I think the red milf telling arya she was destined to kill blue eyes made it clear she would kill the NK

Maybe would have been better if she died it was a little too easy imo and she’s my fav character. Fuck it
Orc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:20 AM   #265
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Uh-oh, I feel like you've researched medieval warfare

What do you think about the tactics used by thr good guys? Specifically, the formation of calvary running off to doom-> infantry-> caltrops - > seige weapons used once and never again really broke the immersion for me

Feeling like we got Helm's Deep reloaded but replaced the logic with eye candy... And that's a battle where 'throw the dwarf' was a viable tactic
@bleak Danny's two dragons are in the episode 4 preview and I'm pretty sure everything the nk turned went with him (dragon included)
Old 04-29-2019, 08:23 AM   #266
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Orc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond reputeOrc has a reputation beyond repute

sharp I feel like that’s being really finicky bro

Any tactical irregularities can be offset by the fact they were fighting death imo

But YO the Dothraki riding to their doom in literally 20 seconds was terrifying
Old 04-29-2019, 08:25 AM   #267
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

YES
Dothraki went out so fast
Unsullied kept it real tho
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:37 AM   #268
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

I'm supposed to be invested in this battle as mankind's last stand against death when the strategies are just aimed a cinematic experience?

Well directed, not sold on the writing. Now that I'm over watching it, I'm not a huge fan. Battle of the bastards had an unlikely scenario that had a logical opening (the thing with Rickon) that didn't kill immersion with 'why is that happening'
Old 04-29-2019, 08:39 AM   #269
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Winter fell at Winterfell
Pretty apropos, no?
philosophy.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:44 AM   #270
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
YES
Dothraki went out so fast
Unsullied kept it real tho
horses cost an ungodly amount of budget money
Old 04-29-2019, 08:56 AM   #271
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp. View Post
I'm supposed to be invested in this battle as mankind's last stand against death when the strategies are just aimed a cinematic experience?

Well directed, not sold on the writing. Now that I'm over watching it, I'm not a huge fan. Battle of the bastards had an unlikely scenario that had a logical opening (the thing with Rickon) that didn't kill immersion with 'why is that happening'
Jesus Christ get this man a whiskey
Old 04-29-2019, 09:26 AM   #272
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORC View Post
Jesus Christ get this man a whiskey
See, I drank while watching and got more nitpicky

You don't think this a slight departure from the norm in show that's been so heady with politics/betrayal/lore? Feels more to me like fanservice for the TV audience now that they've split from the books
Old 04-29-2019, 09:28 AM   #273
BodySnatcher
Hail Mary Haymakers

Battle Record: 17-7

Champed
- BAL Roast
- Battle Arena League
- BAL Season Champ

BodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant future

Did Cersei use all the wildfire when she blew Sept of Baelor? If she still sitting on that, I'm scared.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:30 AM   #274
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
See, I drank while watching and got more nitpicky

You don't think this a slight departure from the norm in show that's been so heady with politics/betrayal/lore? Feels more to me like fanservice for the TV audience now that they've split from the books
It is a 100% that

Gotta keep the huge fan base invested and only kill fodder characters. God forbid they killed dany or Jon or Arya
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #275
Orc
Certified Mother’s Boy

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- NBL Season 4
- GBL Season 1
- Lyric Olympics
- Fight Night LXVI
- Fight Night LX
- Fight Night (3x)
- NBL Picture Roast
- NBL Picture League
- Gimmick Battle League
- BA Tag Team
- 1-2 Punch League
- NBL Cypher (3x)
- Battle Arena League
- OM HOF (2x)

Nah fellas I agree with you both 100% on that. Boils down to what uh-oh was saying about the writing being levels below since the show surpassed the books

No way would everyone survive otherwise ie if the books were ahead

It did feel watered down like even Grey Worm survived. Come on now. They killed the OG ranger for no reason too saving Sam smh cliche

But word
Old 04-29-2019, 09:41 AM   #276
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Edd dying was a forgone conclusion. I'm guessing they're keeping the rest around to milk later. since it's more about the visuals than the plot, I'm interested in experiential aspects but it kind of sucks to have all of that build up for a big ol 'YAAAASS GRL' when the first 5 seasons were anything but that
Old 04-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #277
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

I’m guessing at least one of the brothers gets got

And either Jon or dany by the end
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 04-29-2019, 10:01 AM   #278
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

But it’s pretty disappointing that Avengers was less forgiving with its characters than the battle against death lol
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 04-29-2019, 10:55 AM   #279
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Your mom is pretty disappointing
philosophy.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #280
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Uh-oh, I feel like you've researched medieval warfare

What do you think about the tactics used by thr good guys? Specifically, the formation of calvary running off to doom-> infantry-> caltrops - > seige weapons used once and never again really broke the immersion for me

Feeling like we got Helm's Deep reloaded but replaced the logic with eye candy... And that's a battle where 'throw the dwarf' was a viable tactic
@bleak Danny's two dragons are in the episode 4 preview and I'm pretty sure everything the nk turned went with him (dragon included)
Ehhh it wouldnt have been my plan. My main gripes were the undefended siege engines that werent firing until the charge was already under way. They would be first. Trebuchets raining death. I wouldve had the dothraki on the flanks and had the unsullied actually in phalanx mode in front of the trebuchets. Locked formation shield to shield, when it zoomed out and showed them like 3 feet from eachhother i was like wtf.

But yea in their defense the dothraki are legendary in the open field. But not the show dothraki. Theyre modeled after steppe tribes, scythian/huns/later mongols, but show dothraki dont fight with bows as well. They fight like heavy cavalry, yet have no armor.

So yea, i would have the unsullied and the majority of the infantry holding the center, even have the dothraki around the back so the dead funnel more to the center, trebuchets and arrows raining until contact. And just hammer and anvil both flanks with the dothraki after the main host is engaged. Then have dragons firing into the center of the encirclement

If its over run the trench works good and get everyone ON THE WALLS. There should be no space along that wall. Anyone else manning gates for giant breaches. Also i would employ actual wall defenses. Something as simple as stones to drop on them.

But thats pretty much all that can be done. Once the walls are breached the battle itself is lost. You just gotta hope you kill enough initially to make the defense of the walls feasible