Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #41
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
GoW, eddies obviously trollin somewhat

but if you honestly believe bruce lee could just handle roy jones like its nothing you are fooling yourself or dont know roy jones

granted if bruce lee knows judo or whatever which im sure he does, it could be a quick fight. but striking wise you could give bruce his speed quickness etc. roy's speed SIZE strength, REACH and quickness would body him.

roy jones would look like a giant next to him, and he is extremely quick and agile

if bruce lee was leg kicking and shit and locking up to throw him then word he'd probably get him. but he'd have to get close to roy. which he probably could lets be real. he's a little dude probably shoots quick as fuck

if it was a standup match tho i'd bet the house on roy, even knowing all he has in his repertoire is his hands
your hands/arms are you most valuable asset

you legs kick hard but if the most you can do is kick the next person's leg and the next person is a HOF boxer who greatly outmatches your size and is fats enough to catch wreck

I think I'd put my money on the boxer. its just common sense. Only little kids should believe that Bruce Lee has super powers, gow
...the Nagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #42
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Quote:
nah i get it and like i said earlier i think bruce lee would win just because he could control where the fight goes

if it was a standing striking match, i don't care if bruce lee was a quadruple black belt in every martial art there is, roy jones would body him.

but bruce lee would dominate everywhere else. from the clinch, judo throws, from the ground etc.

so in a street fight, bruce would probably win. he'd get on him like clay quida, stick to him and put him out.

in a sanctioned kickboxing type match that allows knees elbows, headbutts basically everything BUT grappling. i got roy jones all day, somewhat easily.

im sure bruce lee was strong, but he'd be the one in need of that lucky punch or kick
Grappling in street fighting is a TERRIBLE idea. It doesn't take too much training to eye gouge and grab someone's groin. Mix in that Bruce Lee trained grappling, but wasn't a trained grappler, and the fact that Jones hits so hard and that he's so much bigger, Bruce would be best to avoid that area.
EtH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #43
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
Show me some proof of the exhibition fights.

Ali would probably say Frazier was the best fighter he's ever seen. What difference does that make?

No it doest. Speed can be trained, but is also relative. When you take Capoeira and Tae Kwon Do, and even some more abstract arts like Snake style into account, many of the trainers would be faster than Bruce Lee. That's not trying to discredit Jeet Kun Do or Lee, he was insanely fast. It's just not as concrete as you make it sound. Yeah, Lee was MUCH faster than Jones, and for his weight class, Jones was one of the fastest of all time (another size thing though).

Bruce Lee COULD win. A side kick to the stomach would be hard as fuck for Jones to defend, given that he never has had to, and with the speed and power Lee puts into it, Jones might be in trouble. The problem is though, Lee was a small guy. To land his side kick, he's have to be pretty close. Jones would land the overhand right and probably take it.

Actually, Lee would almost def with. I think it would be one technique that would take it without too much effort, the knee strike. Jones, like all boxers, has small legs. Lee could cover up, throw in a knee stomp or side kick, and probably break or at least hyper extend it.

so let me guess, your more knowing on the issue then a fucking 100 other professionals who has said the same thing?

not to mention bruce lee was in amateur boxing championships and won them
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #44
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Actually, Lee would almost def with. I think it would be one technique that would take it without too much effort, the knee strike. Jones, like all boxers, has small legs. Lee could cover up, throw in a knee stomp or side kick, and probably break or at least hyper extend it.

yo i used to think the same thing, but it doesnt work in the ufc, so therefor i discredit it entirely. lol. the knee kicks/stomps. a regular leg kick is much more effective. to execute the regular leg kick lee would put himself in range for 5 punches in quick succession
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #45
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of War View Post
so let me guess, your more knowing on the issue then a fucking 100 other professionals who has said the same thing?

not to mention bruce lee was in amateur boxing championships and won them
You're acting like you too are also more knowing. Some of the guys Roy Nelson has knocked out would say he's the hardest puncher they've ever felt. It doesn't mean he's the hardest puncher ever.

And show me proof of these amateur boxing championships. I think ALL Lee fighting credentials are all speculation.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #46
super pimp trillionaire
your ad here

Battle Record: 0-1

super pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant future

Eddie is bored. he aint got no bby foxes burrowing under his office he aint riding a ten speed covered in wave cream and he wanted some excitement. he is NOT serious talkighting experience. if he is I hope the ghost of bruce lee armbars him into submission and then two inch punches his neighbors voicebox crooked. Bruce Lee has definitely influenced this generation of fighters and yes they grew off of his work, but we're talking about roy, not chan. Bruce is famous for his movies because he was famous for developing jeet kune do in america. he was also famous for REFUSING to fight Ali. out of respect? maybe, I believe the interview where he predicted a loss to Ali can readily be found on youtube. but roy is not Ali any more than he is Jacky. Ali woulda dusted roy he demolished monsters in his time. idk. seeing as BRUCE IS DEAD, this is more speculation and imagination than roy v manny, but imo, lee all day, with roy gettin a couple luck wins by sheer number of attempts. niggas act like bruce never whupped nobody bigger than he was... EVERYBODY was bigger than bruce. his wife was bigger than he was. EDDIE is bigger than he was. but he's dead. so all we have is a tale of the tape thats decades separated; do the math, the student of ip man teacher of chan and orginator of jeet kune do is not losing to this celebrated boxer. not on paper, not no way.

ppl say somebodys on lees nuts, I say get off roys nuts... bruces final style was a style without form, he woulda danced on roy. bruce had no fighting experience.... obv a slow day at work troll. good job Munster

cock back the chevy nigga show me if you billet proof

FFC, cohpe wit it bitches...
super pimp trillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #47
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
yo i used to think the same thing, but it doesnt work in the ufc, so therefor i discredit it entirely. lol. the knee kicks/stomps. a regular leg kick is much more effective. to execute the regular leg kick lee would put himself in range for 5 punches in quick succession
Guys in the UFC have trained hyper extensions for a long time, not to mention that they've got built up as fuck legs. A lot of stuff doesn't work in UFC, but they are always martial artist vs martial artist, where as this would be martial artist vs boxer.

Yeah if Lee doesn't take the leg out, he's completely opened to a complete massacre of punches from Jones. In ANY form of close range, Jones beats Lee.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #48
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Grappling in street fighting is a TERRIBLE idea. It doesn't take too much training to eye gouge and grab someone's groin. Mix in that Bruce Lee trained grappling, but wasn't a trained grappler, and the fact that Jones hits so hard and that he's so much bigger, Bruce would be best to avoid that area.
everything about this statement is just wrong lol

roy would be lost on the ground, bruce lee would punish him and break his bones. probably choke the life from him.

grappling in a street fight is 99 percent of street fights

and by street fights i mean fights that last past the point of the sucker punch
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #49
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
You're acting like you too are also more knowing. Some of the guys Roy Nelson has knocked out would say he's the hardest puncher they've ever felt. It doesn't mean he's the hardest puncher ever.

And show me proof of these amateur boxing championships. I think ALL Lee fighting credentials are all speculation.
go find it yourself its called the internet dumb ass

you do realise that back then not every one had iphoens and shit right/

also he won amateur boxing championships in hong kong

not to mention it was said that jeet kun do has the fastest hands out of all fighting styles. didnt say speed couldnt be trained but there obviously trained more

also you do realise back then you had to do exhibitions and shit at martial art exhibits for your art? or do you think he could just say hey im bruce lee i am creating a new style and they said BOOM U WIN AND U GOT IT
Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #50
super pimp trillionaire
your ad here

Battle Record: 0-1

super pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant future

Quote:
yo to be honest

im terrified of black people from florida
sigged.

cock back the chevy nigga show me if you billet proof

FFC, cohpe wit it bitches...
super pimp trillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #51
...the Nagger

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolve View Post
Okay, I'm going to pick out some flaws in your theory here.

Roy Jones was strictly a boxer. He could punch, yes but he wasn't versatile.
Your opinion really comes out from the fact being Roy Jones was 'Bigger' than Bruce Lee... and yes, he was. However, Bruce Lee WAS versatile. He trained martial arts in a way that could defend him from the BIGGEST of opponent. Size wouldn't matter because he was trained to stand up to ANYONE. Technique plays a big part in a fight.. If you haven't got technique then 9 times out of 10 you will lose. You can't charge into an army of soldiers without a shield and expect to NOT get stabbed. Bruce Lee HAD technique and he also had MORE speed than Roy Jones in his prime. Bruce Lee holds a record of punching faster and kicking faster in 1967 than ANY man on the planet. It was recorded that his famous 'One Inch Punch' was three times more fatal than a 30mph head-on car crash. That IS fact. Roy Jones' accolades doesn't even start to compare to Bruce Lee's.

Any man can punch and knock someone out if they hit the right spot. Not every man is versatile ontop of being able to punch three times harder than a 30MPH head-on car crash.

ALSO - you say Bruce Lee wasn't a fight... he was just in movies...

Think to yourself... Why was he in movies? Why did people want him to star in movies? How did he get noticed?

Because of his fighting and incredible combat/fighting techniques/style.
the reason why a lot of this is irrelevant to me is because his stuff didn't translate into fighting

he just doesn't have the experience fighting. he has experience performing and making movies.

all that stuff you said is pretty, but he didn't catch wreck and all of his exhibits was him doing stuff to ppl that weren't fighting him

Roy Jones fought for money. he beat fools in their heads. it just isn't the same thing

ppl sleep on boxers like they can't brawl outside the ring. remember, this is all fighting, and being able to punch like Roy would be the determining factor in this match-up

its not just his size, but his size is an advantage, idc if he "trained" to fight bigger ppl or not

he didn't even fight

size
strength
experience

besides the kicks to the legs I don;t see bruce effectively hittin roy either

he'd get maybe one punch in if Roy was being cocky, but let's be real

the only thiing Bruce would do is kick Roy's legs. that could work tho

but I got Roy winning 8/10 times
Old 06-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #52
...the Nagger

Quote:

not to mention it was said that jeet kun do has the fastest hands out of all fighting styles. didnt say speed couldnt be trained but there obviously trained more

also you do realise back then you had to do exhibitions and shit at martial art exhibits for your art? or do you think he could just say hey im bruce lee i am creating a new style and they said BOOM U WIN AND U GOT IT
Bruce Lee has only won one recorded amateur tourny in his entire life yo

and I'm being serious. I thought it was common knowledge that he never competed
Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #53
...the Nagger

Quote:

roy would be lost on the ground, bruce lee would punish him and break his bones. probably choke the life from him.

if they squared off, Lee would get punched hard before he got to grapple Roy
Old 06-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #54
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...the Munster View Post
Bruce Lee has only won one recorded amateur tourny in his entire life yo

and I'm being serious. I thought it was common knowledge that he never competed
HE never competed in tournaments here but he did tons of exhibitions. not to mention he would have the edge in every aspect on jones ACCEPT size which is pretty irrelevant
Old 06-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #55
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:

Bruce Lee has NO experience in wrestling. He done some slight grappling every now and again, but he isn't a takedown artist. How does he even get in close to go for it? Goes he literally just cuddle Jones? Does ANYONE try and get close to one of the best boxers of all time?

It depends on what you mean grappling. If you're talking going for a triangle, then it's better to avoid it. Grapple defence if important as fuck in a street fight, because you don't want to get dumped on your head. But you don't want to shoot in for a takedown because the chances of going head first into the concrete is HUGE.

Haha yeah street fights usually end with one dude throwing a punch the other dude doesn't expect.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #56
...the Nagger

Roy Jones won 18 belts, Bruce lee won 0
Old 06-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #57
...the Nagger

Quote:
HE never competed in tournaments here but he did tons of exhibitions. not to mention he would have the edge in every aspect on jones ACCEPT size which is pretty irrelevant
exhibitions mean what?

and no he wouldn't

you can't show anything to back that up
Old 06-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #58
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:

I could show you proof of fighters from before Lee fighting.

It is said, but it is said by Lee fans. I don't really think you can say any martial art is faster than others, because it's all comes down to the person demonstrating it.

Why is there not really ANY video taped exhibition of Lee then? And yes, you can just make up a martial art on your own with no merit. Check ANY of the no touch knockout guys.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #59
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Bruce Lee has NO experience in wrestling. He done some slight grappling every now and again, but he isn't a takedown artist. How does he even get in close to go for it? Goes he literally just cuddle Jones? Does ANYONE try and get close to one of the best boxers of all time?

It depends on what you mean grappling. If you're talking going for a triangle, then it's better to avoid it. Grapple defence if important as fuck in a street fight, because you don't want to get dumped on your head. But you don't want to shoot in for a takedown because the chances of going head first into the concrete is HUGE.

Haha yeah street fights usually end with one dude throwing a punch the other dude doesn't expect.
thats absurd yet again, bruce lee has more grappling experieince then jones. jones can throw a punch so can alot of dudes, he can throw fast punches so can alot of dudes. theres tons of fighters out there right now that would break roy jones to pieces without it being a boxing match

also steven segal would fucking rape roy jones so why does this shit even need to mention bruce lee
Old 06-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #60
...the Nagger

Bruce Lee has speep

skill is up for debate but I think the Professional Boxer has more skill than the person who never really fought for real

which brings you to experience

all of those are important in fighting. not just pretty moves against no one

you see lee on a bag, you laugh out loud

he got the kicks tho, I give him that

but with him having no guard with his hands (i've seen it before) he runs the risk of dying, forget about winning for a minute