Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 01-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #41
DLB
COLTS GANG

Battle Record: 5-6

DLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
ur fuckin lyin

no wayy lmao
srs

way srs
DLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #42
Malachi
Negus

Battle Record: 5-10

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Malachi

@uh-oh

u uploading to utube soon this week?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #43
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

yea i got one video done on my computer but it sucks, i watched it after it rendered and i gotta find a better way to do it.

i might be better off just finding a video that someones already made and showing you that until i can get a mic
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #44
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Malachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant futureMalachi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
yea i got one video done on my computer but it sucks, i watched it after it rendered and i gotta find a better way to do it.

i might be better off just finding a video that someones already made and showing you that until i can get a mic
you should just upload it anyways
if it doesnt take long to do that anyway
Old 01-04-2014, 09:37 PM   #45
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

word im upping it now to mediafire

you'll have to download it to watch it, its 116 mb so it aint huge or nothing, i'll post the link in here when its done.

i'll also post my drums folder in here so you wont have to search for drumsounds and packs/kits for awhile until you want to build your own personal collection, thats already uploaded but i cant link it while something else is uploading

but word

you can watch the video it might help some i tried to talk about how hip hop is 4/4, 4 beats per bar, and how the snares are on the 2's and 4's

it'll make more sense when you see what i highlight and stuff

but word after a little ways in i kinda just started messing around and playing with stuff in there instead of teaching lol

and it takes like ten minutes of me typing before i lay shit out

but if it does help you at least learn how to build drum patterns thats one thing down, and i can try and do one showing sampling

i can show you how to play shit too, but not well. like i can show you how to do it, but you basically gotta know how to play piano

it would be easier for me to teach you to sample

and by that i mean how to actually chop something correctly and incorporate it over your drums and all that shit

but what makes sample based dudes dope, is there samples. anybody can chop. not everyone can find dopeness, and not everyone can actually harness it and put it in a hip hop format

im not sure how much you know about sampling, or even which approach from there you want to take

my approach to sampling is a little different. i mix big chops with little chops and kind of try and keep the vibe of the sample. then you got dudes who chop for sounds, and stabs. like dj premier. he'll grab a 2 bar loop here and there, but he's more of a stab guy.

but see this is my problem. this post right here is exactly what i do in the video. i get off track because there is so much to teach, and instead of teaching one thing, i meander off and talk a little bit about alot of different things lol

mainly stuff you shouldnt worry about yet.

it'd be like being a math teacher and trying to teach multiplication and division before teaching my students addition and subtraction lol
Old 01-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #46
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

word thanks for the help

dude good to see u helpin out
Old 01-05-2014, 01:46 AM   #47
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a6...%20DrumKit.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/nx554.../capture-1.mp4
Old 01-05-2014, 01:54 AM   #48
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

ight downloadin now
Old 01-05-2014, 01:56 AM   #49
Fig
Om

Battle Record: 8-16

Fig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant futureFig has a brilliant future

An uh oh tutorial and a certain chart

You spoiled little twat
Old 01-05-2014, 02:12 AM   #50
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

i lol'd
Old 01-05-2014, 02:38 AM   #51
DLB
COLTS GANG

Battle Record: 5-6

DLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-levelDLB drags down this site on a Masaii-level

i never knew uhoh's name was james tho
DLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #52
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh

that tutorial was dope as shit. u didnt really sidetrack like u said u did
it helped me alot.
snare hihat kick, for all or almost all beats got that

and helped with thinkin of basic drum patterns. Like i obv can do a beat im my head but i wasnt sure how to lay it out on the sequencer.

Questions: when u were fixing the beat to the sample. How did u know where to change shit.

and when your usin voice samples. How do you know which one to use. Im guessin the emotion in the voice has to match the feeling of the beat

can i get a download of all ur samples from u lol? i remember ugave me this long ass audio file to chop up

but word
i think i absorbed a bunch

If your makin another vid anytime itd be dope if it could be about choppin samples and could go deeper in on playlist thats a lil confusin

but yeah this was dope, even enjoyed it

notes that im takin cause im deletin video:
hi hat every 2 beats
uh oh whats kick 1 & 3?
snare 2&4 ?

tempo should be about 85 or 110

Last edited by Malachi; 01-07-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #53
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

the tempo can be anything

you just want to stay in the 70-110 range. pretty much anything inbetween can work, 110 is about as quick as hip hop gets tho, thats like upbeat party simple type tempo

probably 75 percent of hip hop beats are around 93 bpm. i work in the 80's mostly, you'll find your sweet spots with it, some stuff has to be slower or quicker it varies.

the kicks on the 1 and 3 just is to keep time. so if your looking at the step sequencer (where you highlight the boxes), the kick would be on the very first box (the 1 beat.) the 2 beat, would be the snare, 3 would be a kick again, 4 would be snare again

they can alternate just to keep time, but really you don't need a kick on every down beat or a snare, i was just saying at the most basic level of a basic drum pattern thats usually how it works

because its all on a count. 1 bar is 4 beats. 1,2,3,4 than it loops back to 1,2,3,4. etc.

once you get doing more drum patterns you will see how it works. pretty much every beat that is in your head that you can hum has a snare on the 2 and 4 with a kick on the 1 at the very least

but thats all technical drumming stuff, but thats the biggest step next to sampling and chopping.

i can show you how to chop, but i can't show you how to listen to music. thats what seperates most beatmakers, is they find something special in a song no one cares about, and make it there own, unique in the hip hop format. i can only point you in the right direction. like if i knew how to play piano, i can show you the chords, and basics of what goes with what and how to play, but i can't show you how to make YOUR music. know what i mean. you can teach a painter to paint, but only he can paint what he wants too.

if that makes sense

i get too philosophical thats my problem and i feel like i stray from my main points

but yo i can't up my sample chops folder. not because i don't want too, but because its 98gb of wav files lol. its everything ive chopped from stuff from the past, i won't say 8, but probably 6 years. it includes stuff that didnt work(probably 90 percent of it lol) and everything i just like holding onto all of it

once i teach you to chop and show you some shit though you will be on your way of building your own catalog

i can see what i can do now as far as how to chop. this is one where i really need a mic but i'll try.

im gonna do it very basic. just a 1 bar loop, and maybe another 1 bar loop for a change up. but the main focus is just understanding how to do it.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #54
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

lmaoo at philosophical word man
i guess ima have to go away from hip hop to find stuff to sample
cause thats all i listen to right now.

im learning the piano to help on this too
Old 01-07-2014, 11:45 PM   #55
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

word learning the piano is excellent. if you can play keys it helps alot.

i just got about 20 minutes deep in a chopping tutorial before i realized none of the sound was recording.

i will make it and hopefully get it all uploaded tomorrow though

i can help you with setting you in the right direction for what to sample as well. as far as genres and eras, like what years and stuff and a couple websites/blogs to grab stuff to skim through

pretty much any genre of music from 67-73 is gold. anything later than the 70's gets too cheezy and computeristic imo but some people find good stuff.

i stick with soul music alot. 60's and 70's. its not bad to start with the obvious just to get a feel with how the music is arranged and how to chop it. like isaac hayes, al green, marvin gaye, stevie wonder, the jackson 5, stevie wonder, anything really thats soul in the right years is a good starting point.

there is also classic rock, but ALOT of it is way too white and there is no way to make it hip hop. the tempos and instruments and how they're played. but then you'll find a gem where there is some HYPE piano and crazy cymbal crashes and bass like oh shitttt

but yea i mainly stick with 60-70s black gospel, and soul music.

there are always movie soundtracks too, again you want that same era, 60's 70's. but with movie soundtracks, its more for the sound quality. how stuff was recorded back then, all in one room, played live, on those microphones from that era, into there analog boards and shit. its got that crispy grimeyness hip hop thrives on

but you can look at movie scores from anytime really, because alot of it is real instruments, like orchestras and stuff

but thats just me

you can literally sample anything. except hip hop lol

you want to make something hip hop, not just snatch someones shit if that makes sense

these posts are too long i feel like im dropping too much knowledge at once

don't be overwhelmed. just take your time.

i'll have a simple vid tomorrow showing how to chop and place it in FL studio
Old 01-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #56
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

malachi reblogging MF Doom masks, laughing and saying he really needs to buy that game
Old 01-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #57
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
malachi reblogging MF Doom masks, laughing and saying he really needs to buy that game
you following me on tumblr huh?
Old 01-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #58
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
word learning the piano is excellent. if you can play keys it helps alot.

i just got about 20 minutes deep in a chopping tutorial before i realized none of the sound was recording.

i will make it and hopefully get it all uploaded tomorrow though

i can help you with setting you in the right direction for what to sample as well. as far as genres and eras, like what years and stuff and a couple websites/blogs to grab stuff to skim through

pretty much any genre of music from 67-73 is gold. anything later than the 70's gets too cheezy and computeristic imo but some people find good stuff.

i stick with soul music alot. 60's and 70's. its not bad to start with the obvious just to get a feel with how the music is arranged and how to chop it. like isaac hayes, al green, marvin gaye, stevie wonder, the jackson 5, stevie wonder, anything really thats soul in the right years is a good starting point.

there is also classic rock, but ALOT of it is way too white and there is no way to make it hip hop. the tempos and instruments and how they're played. but then you'll find a gem where there is some HYPE piano and crazy cymbal crashes and bass like oh shitttt

but yea i mainly stick with 60-70s black gospel, and soul music.

there are always movie soundtracks too, again you want that same era, 60's 70's. but with movie soundtracks, its more for the sound quality. how stuff was recorded back then, all in one room, played live, on those microphones from that era, into there analog boards and shit. its got that crispy grimeyness hip hop thrives on

but you can look at movie scores from anytime really, because alot of it is real instruments, like orchestras and stuff

but thats just me

you can literally sample anything. except hip hop lol

you want to make something hip hop, not just snatch someones shit if that makes sense

these posts are too long i feel like im dropping too much knowledge at once

don't be overwhelmed. just take your time.

i'll have a simple vid tomorrow showing how to chop and place it in FL studio
word cant wait
Old 01-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #59
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

@uh-oh do u want me to send ua basic drum beat

idk what else i can do after that tho
Old 01-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #60
Malachi
Negus

Champed
- Newbie Tourney VI

https://soundcloud.com/malachi-thomas/sp3ll

i know its complete trash lol

i was tryna use like this loop i tried to chop or fl chopped for me

Tags
become one w/ buttplug, lower tier scissorfags, meth induced tutorial, stole swamp things walkman, the zen of sodomy and cake