- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

Because they’re the same people?
It’s not rocket science, lippy
philosophy.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #142
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
No. One requires faith. You are confusing faith with lack of knowledge. You also assume for some reason that the question of from where we came is one that can or must be answered. It’s ok to not know something. That’s why to have the position that you don’t see a god as the catalyst for everything doesn’t require faith. It’s not an assertion. It’s a lack of an assertion. Assertions require faith. The lack of them doesn’t. You continue to claim that it does because it’s one of your go-tos. And it’s part of your likely successful way among some to argue your position. But, it’s simply false. To say that I do not see any evidence that there is some all powerful god doesn’t require the least bit of faith.
You are getting stronger. I like this.

I am not confusing the two. I am equating. There is no proof that a fish turned into a bird. Both the assertion that God created us and we evolved over time from a lesser creature are faith based. Your words, although articulate, are faulty. I see a lack of knowledge, a lack of proof for Darwinian evolution. Believing in either is a statement of faith.

For me, there is more “proof” of intelligent design than pure Darwinian evolution.
So I choose God.

Fair?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:16 AM   #143
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Battle Record: 85-58

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Destroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant futureDestroyer has a brilliant future

I mean, that would be “fair” if you could share some of that there “proof.”
philosophy.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:16 AM   #144
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

I go to church and have faith in god but believe in evolution over God's creation.

Just saying. That portion along with many other parts of the bible I seem to have an issue with and always question it.
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #145
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

Then you are a shitty believer
Period.
And you don’t actually believe in the whole thing
So you just pick and choose what you want to believe
Surely god would find that admirable...
philosophy.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #146
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Quote:
I mean, that would be “fair” if you could share some of that there “proof.”
Of intelligent design yes?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:20 AM   #147
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
I go to church and have faith in god but believe in evolution over God's creation.

Just saying. That portion along with many other parts of the bible I seem to have an issue with and always question it.
Is it possible that God set up evolution?

I am willing to believe that. Just moreso of adaptation rather than one creature turning into another.

I also believe in us evolving.

I wish people would take the time to get to know my beliefs rather than just shoehorn me
Old 12-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #148
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

And to Veritas, there’s not just two options, Darwinian evolution and god. There’s billions of possibilities that could be when looking at it with a complete lack of knowledge about it. I mean we live what an average of 65 years and are attempting to make sense of billions of years of time. It seems like a pointless pursuit. But, stop acting like I’m some proponent for Darwinism. That theory, while possibly the most likely at this time, is full of holes too.
philosophy.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:21 AM   #149
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Christianity teaches evolution, just not how you think. I am surprised people miss it. That is why when I say I am an evolutionist and a Christian it throws people. And no I do not mean it as Dre does.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:24 AM   #150
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
And to Veritas, there’s not just two options, Darwinian evolution and god. There’s billions of possibilities that could be when looking at it with a complete lack of knowledge about it. I mean we live what an average of 65 years and are attempting to make sense of billions of years of time. It seems like a pointless pursuit. But, stop acting like I’m some proponent for Darwinism. That theory, while possibly the most likely at this time, is full of holes too.
This is proof of your intellectual evolution and I appreciate your honesty. I am happy, Jude.

I feel you. I am saying that those are the two main things we are given. We have to investigate what we are given.

Other fringe theories still go back to an initial creator or an evolution yes?

Ie aliens seeded the planet...where did thy come from.

This is a simulation....who programmed it?
Old 12-21-2018, 09:26 AM   #151
Destroyer
Bags will be avenged

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- 1-2 Punch League (5x)
- Fight Night LXXIX
- Fight Night 4
- NPL Roast

All of those questions are valid. I just don’t think anyone has now or will ever have those answers. I also, am comfortable in life not knowing. I choose to live as what I believe is a good person and I’m confident that if there is some god overseeing and judging my life, he will be ok with that.
philosophy.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #152
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Then you are a shitty believer
Period.
And you don’t actually believe in the whole thing
So you just pick and choose what you want to believe
Surely god would find that admirable...
This is true, however - I still believe in him as a child believes in Ol' St. Nicholas.

It's just the traveling in one night, all over the world that is always questionable.

As far as God setting up evolution, possible but we will never know the truth in our life time, I'm sure.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #153
Plot

Battle Record: 26-32

Plot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant future

Sorry for butting in here..
But I dont understand this obsession everyone has with an origin story,
a beginning, why are we here, where did it all come from shit.
I think some of you are afraid of infinity, because its really hard to comprehend.
The universe has probably always existed and always will in infinte complexity.
I know your aware of the size of Earth compared to Jupiter, the Sun other distant stars.
We can see atoms through complicated microscopes, some that consist of thousands of
electrons or something spinning about. These electrons must have being, surfaces be composed of stuff.
The universe is infintely complicated, whos to say it ever began.
Plot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #154
For Battling

Battle Record: 11-6

For Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant future

FYI evolution is a theory that was introduced by the devil in order to confuse and mislead.
For Battling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #155
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot View Post
Sorry for butting in here..
But I dont understand this obsession everyone has with an origin story,
a beginning, why are we here, where did it all come from shit.
I think some of you are afraid of infinity, because its really hard to comprehend.
The universe has probably always existed and always will in infinte complexity.
I know your aware of the size of Earth compared to Jupiter, the Sun other distant stars.
We can see atoms through complicated microscopes, some that consist of thousands of
electrons or something spinning about. These electrons must have being, surfaces be composed of stuff.
The universe is infintely complicated, whos to say it ever began.
science has almost overwhelmingly proven there was a beginning and thermodynamics has proven it has an ending

was no need to post all those words. stop drinking urself into an early grave.
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #156
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
All of those questions are valid. I just don’t think anyone has now or will ever have those answers. I also, am comfortable in life not knowing. I choose to live as what I believe is a good person and I’m confident that if there is some god overseeing and judging my life, he will be ok with that.
This is a contradiction, Jude. Do you see it?
Old 12-21-2018, 10:37 AM   #157
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

an amen id encourage u to study what it is u think u believe in because u sound lost my guy

no shots or jabs......just doesnt sound like u have established a strong foundation for the belief system u are operating with

u cant believe in Darwinian evolution AND the Hebrew creator God Yahwey

they directly contradict eachother. you can do some maneuvering and rationalizing to try and create an amalgamation of the two but then you have something different.

which is fine if that's what you believe to be true.........but that is not the catholic ideology that you are claiming and worshipping in church every sunday.

believing in god like santa clause ..... like god is an archetype or a symbol .... is going to be incredibly difficult if you cant come to terms with the claims of creation as factual history

none of us think santa is "real" in the sense that he actually exists as anything other than a tradition or symbol for Christmas ... so while we can still enjoy the concept and it is real in a metaphysical sense ull never be able to truly claim genuine belief in santa because u believe he is fake....but believe that carrying on the tradition has value....regardless of whether or not he exists in reality.

if your only conception of God is a man made system of moral traditions built to enrich the lives of people in society how can u ever justify god as an objective reality>?
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #158
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
an amen id encourage u to study what it is u think u believe in because u sound lost my guy

no shots or jabs......just doesnt sound like u have established a strong foundation for the belief system u are operating with

u cant believe in Darwinian evolution AND the Hebrew creator God Yahwey

they directly contradict eachother. you can do some maneuvering and rationalizing to try and create an amalgamation of the two but then you have something different.

which is fine if that's what you believe to be true.........but that is not the catholic ideology that you are claiming and worshipping in church every sunday.

believing in god like santa clause ..... like god is an archetype or a symbol .... is going to be incredibly difficult if you cant come to terms with the claims of creation as factual history

none of us think santa is "real" in the sense that he actually exists as anything other than a tradition or symbol for Christmas ... so while we can still enjoy the concept and it is real in a metaphysical sense ull never be able to truly claim genuine belief in santa because u believe he is fake....but believe that carrying on the tradition has value....regardless of whether or not he exists in reality.

if your only conception of God is a man made system of moral traditions built to enrich the lives of people in society how can u ever justify god as an objective reality>?
Yea, what it boils down to is me actually finding the time to dig deep. I think in all honesty - my beliefs are forced only because as a child I was raised in a very religious home with family who are and still current bible freaks. So I think it's just because it's always been routine, I still continue to force myself for to the kids. As far as Santa, it was an analogy comparing my beliefs with god as a child believes in Santa. I believe in god but question the whole he created everything out of nothing as a child will always ask - how does he travel the world in one night type of thing. It is only when they get older they realize, he doesn't exist and the shit is made up. However, as a child I never questioned the theory of GOD's creation. It's when I got older and started to realize religion and science negate one another.

But word, you may be right about the whole lost thing. Or just maybe I should stop forcing myself and actually look in to something, IDK. Seems like a true commitment I am not ready to take.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:56 AM   #159
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
Yea, what it boils down to is me actually finding the time to dig deep. I think in all honesty - my beliefs are forced only because as a child I was raised in a very religious home with family who are and still current bible freaks. So I think it's just because it's always been routine, I still continue to force myself for to the kids. As far as Santa, it was an analogy comparing my beliefs with god as a child believes in Santa. I believe in god but question the whole he created everything out of nothing as a child will always ask - how does he travel the world in one night type of thing. It is only when they get older they realize, he doesn't exist and the shit is made up. However, as a child I never questioned the theory of GOD's creation. It's when I got older and started to realize religion and science negate one another.

But word, you may be right about the whole lost thing. Or just maybe I should stop forcing myself and actually look in to something, IDK. Seems like a true commitment I am not ready to take.

What hold you back from being ready, Dre?
Old 12-21-2018, 10:58 AM   #160
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Champed

Not sure, tbch. Maybe the commitment? IDK, really.

Tags
god's love in v's mouth, jesus has phobia of nailguns, product of incest ranks ppl, taste this holy spirit -god, v having bad week, what dat mouth do? -moses