Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 5 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-09-2015, 09:38 PM   #41
Dearg
Something Else

Battle Record: 1-2

Dearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant future

Basically. He failed to check in by the deadline in the poetry league and his opponent asked for a replacement. Now Frank is losing his shit and not only writing in the poetry league despite his opponent wanting action taken but now he wants a no show win over Eth who showed after the deadline even though there's multiple votes in the battle already.
@Adonis
Old 10-09-2015, 11:01 PM   #42
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Anything you guys need, give us a shout.
@Lars why don't you go by Vortex anymore bro?
Old 10-09-2015, 11:02 PM   #43
Dearg
Something Else

Dearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant future

Camarac or Baron Mynd will forever be his best monikers imo.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #44
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
I don't think I'd be much use at the moment

I can help down the line though breh
you write and vote every week consistently so this quote, meaning YOU, are a liar sir.

Thank you

This mag is mine

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 10-10-2015, 12:02 AM   #45
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

There's been a lot of tension this week.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:03 AM   #46
Dearg
Something Else

It's not entirely a bad thing. Sparks up the week. Just depends on who can handle it or not.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:07 AM   #47
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

First, Frank posted after the deadline. He posted 2 hours after. The reason he was allowed to do this is because Adonis said he would be closing battles 18 hours past the deadline.

I quoted Frank to tell him I'd also be posting a bit after the deadline. Frank knew I intended to post, and knew both of us would be posting after the deadline. If he was actually posting a no show verse, it's confusing as fuck as to why he actually requested an extension in the first place.

Anyways, I posted 17 hours past the deadline, adhering to Adonis's number. In addition to this, larS extended everything by a further 12 hours+ anyways due to the site going down at the time of posting so I was half a day early on getting my verse in anyways.

Basically, Frank wanted to make it controversial. For some odd reason, he barely tried and threw away any chance of us having an awesome battle. He wanted to try and make it "controversial" to add an asterisks next to the win, when really there's none. I posted a better verse than him. Adonis DQed him but I was 3-0 up anyways so it makes no difference.

I'm just gonna show up and drop verses. Simple as that. Next week I'll get a champ match which is awesome and hopefully will bring out the best in both of us.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:07 AM   #48
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Well, some tension is not necessarily bad, but there comes a point when it just nonsense. But, again I'm just an observer I've never got into this types of conflicts within the confines of the topical tournament. But, I don't really like conflict, so I generally know how to navigate through it. Then again, I'm still part of the tournament so in a way I am part of it, although not directly.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:08 AM   #49
Dearg
Something Else

That's the spirit.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:15 AM   #50
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

Frank is Frank, people take his antics too seriously, I don't think his deluded I think he generally does what he does because his competitive and to rile people up for a sense of excitement for the league and for their own evolution as a writer. That said, I've seen Frank be allowed to post almost two days pass the deadline and it was allowed. I myself didn't really care and the check in thing is to me nonsense, this is concerning the drama at the poetry league. Mainly cause it is obvious that checks in do not guarantee the writer showing. I've only competed in topicals for a year, so take my word with a grain of salt, but I've only no-showed once during my topical career, which has been pretty consistent in different types of big leagues with heavy players, and I have to say people forget the main reason we're here, to have fun and compete in a productive way. Rules are there to guarantee that, but they are not laws, they are simply rules to use to consider a case. As for Frank wanting to rebuke the match, that's just Frank's silly antics and should not be taken too serious. Besides, as someone whose been no-showed, I always still write a verse as if I was facing someone, so for me people writing no show verses is a petty excuse, especially if their opponent shows up at the last minute.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:42 AM   #51
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

No one cares about whatever random shit Frank's pulling, it was more the Spirit Squad backing him up. 2triple0 was calling for the no show even though Frank posted late and Mr.J was trying to shark over the amount of times I pressed enter.

You've got people saying Frank is trolling....Mr.J is trolling....do we really require trolls in topicals to make it interesting? It seems to me like the only reason someone would try and troll the AOWL is cause they're shit scared to go and troll in the Disc cause they'll get ripped to shreds. This, and the OMs, are pretty much the only redeeming qualities of NC considering that it's basically a bunch of World of Warcraft players who diss people by using references to Quests and think they are all intelligent. If NC members were pro wrestling fans they'd exclusively use terms like swerve, mark, shoot etc. The reason NC's a worth while place to be is cause since like 2011 it's had by an absolute landslide topical division to everywhere else.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:45 AM   #52
Dearg
Something Else

Speaking of World of Warcraft, my Smite download is almost complete.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:49 AM   #53
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

There is an amazing punchline based on you downloading Smite and not being afraid of God but I'm too tired to deal with it.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:50 AM   #54
Dearg
Something Else

I'm assuming you've never played the video game Bioshock Infinite.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:55 AM   #55
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

I don't play video games anymore due to the limited time I have had this past few years, but I miss them dearly. My favorite genre was RPG's, adventure, and fighting games. But, I will make sure I have time to play that new FF7 remake that is being concocted. That is the first game that utterly blew my mind as a child. Hopefully, they redeem the FF series that they utterly ruined.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:14 AM   #56
Dearg
Something Else

I've got Final Fantasy through Final Fantasy X. Huge RPG fan. Final Fantasy VIII was my favorite personally but VII-X are my favorites outta the whole franchise for sure. I also love Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II. Legends of Dragons. Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross (except the ending). I could list hundreds.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:35 AM   #57
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

I played most of those RPG's with my father when I was younger. FF9 is my favorite, Zidane all the way! 7 is still the most nostalgic for me, 6 is the most heart wrenching, though, the whole world gets blown up. 8 is fantastic, though, wasn't much fan of the last boss though. Ragnarok was the best ship hands down! Hated the ff8 card game, 9 had the best card game. Kingdom of hearts is a masterpiece, especially the soundtrack. My friend in spirit now, John Vietnam, spat a great verse on dearly beloved, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLFU2S5ihtM

Anyways, last game I played was the Ninja Gaiden for PS3, it was amazing! And difficult, to say the least.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:43 AM   #58
Dearg
Something Else

Bioshock Infinite, Tales of Xillia, The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, there's plenty on PS3.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:00 AM   #59
UnbornBuddha

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

Hmmm, some of those sound interesting, bioshock doesn't. But, like I said I don't really have the time anymore for that, last game I was able to see someone play, but I didn't play it, was this game called "Child of Light". It had this poems that were very well done, in fact I believe the whole story was rhymed throughout, but in a poetic children tale kind of way. It was very mystical looking with a cute kind of theme.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:32 AM   #60
Dearg
Something Else

The Bioshock series is one of the most creative series I've ever played that's not a RPG. Especially Infinite. That game was amazing.