Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 06-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #81
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
No martial artist knows everything. I'm a green belt in my first martial art. A long long way to go.

I just think you guys are being taken in by stories about Bruce Lee and his popularity. No bad word can be said about Bruce Lee, even though his entire "best fighter in the world" legacy is based on movies, stories and demonstrations.

He might well have been as good as people think, but because it's "think", you can't draw everything down to that.

The idea that Bruce Lee was an elite grappler is ridiculous also. Bruce Lee never actually trained grappling, he played around with it (based on what I read anyways). Sure that's a bit more than Jones Jr. did, but it's not enough to think Bruce Lee could have shot in for a TD, grappled Jones up against a car door and then landed a throw. The idea that Bruce Lee tries to grapple with a world champion (light)heavyweight boxer is ridiculous. I swear people think Bruce Lee would gogoplata Magalhaes in 3 seconds.
for real, they're acting like little kids lol

now if we were talkin Bruce Leroy......
...the Nagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #82
super pimp trillionaire
your ad here

Battle Record: 0-1

super pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant future

ha ha bruce leroy good joke.!!!
(is it done?)
cause nobody said all that other shit.
you want a fucking opinion? cause thats ALL ANYONE CAN GIVE YOU.
until you go down the frankenhole, we will never know cause the niggas dead.
put ya tits away, and go hug ya roy jones skin tone body pillow until you calm down.
bring back my friend the munster. dont make me call intervention on you

cock back the chevy nigga show me if you billet proof

FFC, cohpe wit it bitches...
super pimp trillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #83
detour

Accomplishments
- Beat Diz (via Real Deal Handshake)

detour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant future

Bruce lee damn near invented the idea of mixed martial arts in the modern world...he fought in mixed martial arts full contact competitions...dude would likely beat the fuck out of all those dudes y'all listed...

but remember also that cain valasquez an all them are in way higher weight classes than Bruce lee...he weighed less than 150 lbs if I remember correctly...anyone sayin Bruce lee was just a movie martial artist obviously knows NOTHIN about the man or his history as both a martial artist an a fighter...

Bruce lee would smash Roy jones, an all ur favorite mixed martial artists...he basically invented the sport they train in an his training methods were not only up to par with what kats do nowadays but were arguable tougher an more demanding...

kats always wanna discredit the legends of the past like "oh but we do it so much better nowadays" but that's bullshit...how ignorant u gotta be to believe that shit?

NOT TO MENTION there's quite a bit of martial arts techniques that are illegal in mma fighting today...small joint manipulation an pressure point strikes for instance...UFC likes to pretend they have proven traditional martial arts can't compare but they did that by banning many of the techniques that a traditional martial artist would use...

that's like putting a kick boxer in a professional boxing match an sayin u proved boxing is better when he loses...of course he lost, he couldn't kick or knee or elbow or throw...

the UFC an mma as a whole is a slap in the face of martial arts an is far more about pushing an Americanized agenda that Dana white can make money off of than it is about developing the effectiveness of martial arts training...do ur research before u log on netcees an start talkin out ur ass...
detour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #84
detour

Accomplishments
- Beat Diz (via Real Deal Handshake)

detour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant futuredetour has a brilliant future

yeah an all those joint submissions u guys sayin bruce lee wasn't an expert in (which he was far better with than u give him credit for) are null an void if ur allowed to use wrist an finger locks...

they go for an arm bar, bruce breaks his finger...fight over lol...smh I love watchin american mma fans cling to a desperately misguided hope that they actually are better at martial arts fighting knowledge cuz of 20 years of UFC than the Asian cultures that spent hmmmm, I dunno, thousands of years developing their shit in real wartime combat situations...

western arrogance at it's finest...
detour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #85
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Completely agree with the finger breaking thing. That's basically the fundamentals of martial arts these days because so many crusade against MMA lol.

Bruce Lee wouldn't beat the likes of Anderson Silva though. The majority of MMA fighters did martial arts, and mastered their style long before they ever joined an MMA class. We're only just started to get into the generation where guys looked up to Royce Gracie etc. growing up, as guys like Belfort etc. were probably already martial arts experts before Gracie even won UFC 1. Anderson is not only a master of the stand up game, with I think Tae Kwon Do, Capoeira, Judo, Muay Thai and maybe more mastered, he is also a high level BJJ fighter along with all round training in MMA. Although not the best, you can't also deny that he was a professional boxer too, and I'm not 100% sure, but he may also have been a Vale Tudo fighter, which is no rules combat. With 39 professional fights, and however many unprofessional (he WAS a member of Chute Boxe after all), I think you can also give an experience edge to Anderson also. Mix that with reach and size advantages, I think saying that Bruce Lee can beat ANY MMA fighter is completely nullified on paper right there.
EtH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #86
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ this even being a debate.

Roy Jones would murder Bruce Lee. Literally murder him.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #87
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

Awesome!
Dope girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #88
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...the Munster View Post
how so @gow?

Bruce Lee wasn't a fighter.

Roy jones beat 50 FREAKIN PPL IN A ROW SON, GROWN MEN, WITHOUT GETTIN TOUCHED

Roy Jones, would without question, wash Bruce Lee
Bruce Lee grew up street fighting in Hong Kong. he then moved on to train with a martial arts master who revolutionized the art. he then dominated International Karate Championships

Bruce Lee would break Roy Jones into smithereens
Split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #89
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
No martial artist knows everything. I'm a green belt in my first martial art. A long long way to go.

I just think you guys are being taken in by stories about Bruce Lee and his popularity. No bad word can be said about Bruce Lee, even though his entire "best fighter in the world" legacy is based on movies, stories and demonstrations.

He might well have been as good as people think, but because it's "think", you can't draw everything down to that.

The idea that Bruce Lee was an elite grappler is ridiculous also. Bruce Lee never actually trained grappling, he played around with it (based on what I read anyways). Sure that's a bit more than Jones Jr. did, but it's not enough to think Bruce Lee could have shot in for a TD, grappled Jones up against a car door and then landed a throw. The idea that Bruce Lee tries to grapple with a world champion (light)heavyweight boxer is ridiculous. I swear people think Bruce Lee would gogoplata Magalhaes in 3 seconds.

his entire world was not based on movies, u have some of the best fighters ever that will tell you that bruce lee was a fucking monsster, why are they liars? they was there dude. plus i read and investigate shit i always have

chuck norris said this

However, many today don’t realize he never competed professionally. If he had, I believe he would have been a world champion.

he also said he wasnt the fastest man he ever seen and was insanely strong for his size
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #90
Beyond
Fresh to Death

Battle Record: 12-5

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- BTC Swagger & Flow
- Fall Brawl I
- Fight Night LI
- Fight Night LII
- Fight Night LIII
- Fight Night XXXVI
- Fight Night XXIX
- Fight Night XIX
- Fight Night VIII
- Netcees Battle League
- NBL Tag Team
- Battle Arena
- 1-2 Punch League (2x)

Beyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant futureBeyond has a brilliant future

Hate these arguments. I remember one on the old NC.

roflz @ Detour. Never taking anything serious from him ever again (not that I did before).

Pretty much any UFC fighter would wax the movie actor that was Bruce Lee.

Roy Jones is a bit different, tbh, because he doesn't train in kicks/defending kicks, etc. That'd be a harder fight against Lee than people who train Mixed Martial Arts every day.

I'd say in a boxing ring boxing rules (no kicks, just punches) Roy Jones by massacre. But it's too unpredictable otherwise. He does have massive size/reach etc advantage, though. And ridiculous hand speed, reflexes, defense as well.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #91
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

Lee started mma idiots.

He also invented the untelegraphed punch.
he was well versed in western boxing and fencing so he knew to stay out of your critical distance.

But honestly. Bruce is way too dead defend himself against any punch.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #92
...the Nagger

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
he then dominated International Karate Championships
ummmm... no he didn't??

and he grew up in San Fransisco
Old 06-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #93
...the Nagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
Hate these arguments. I remember one on the old NC.

roflz @ Detour. Never taking anything serious from him ever again (not that I did before).

Pretty much any UFC fighter would wax the movie actor that was Bruce Lee.

Roy Jones is a bit different, tbh, because he doesn't train in kicks/defending kicks, etc. That'd be a harder fight against Lee than people who train Mixed Martial Arts every day.

I'd say in a boxing ring boxing rules (no kicks, just punches) Roy Jones by massacre. But it's too unpredictable otherwise. He does have massive size/reach etc advantage, though. And ridiculous hand speed, reflexes, defense as well.
I can accept this answer, because it involved you using common sense
Old 06-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #94
...the Nagger

funny

I googled "Bruce Lee dominates international tournaments" to see what came up and this was the first link

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=258854&page=4
Old 06-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #95
...the Nagger

and then the videos of these "tournaments" is dude shadow boxing and stuff

like, not fighting
Old 06-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #96
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

eddie what i find funny is you go around what the real cats say like whys ways. a dude who obviously knows what he is talking bout probably more then you do ont he subject because he hits with facts, yet you focus on shit like split said,

beyond has no idea what he is talking bout lool beyond you my dude but you clearly are going by opinion and not knowing what bruce lee done or etc. who would win is all opinion but your theory is based on no facts period
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #97
...the Nagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of War View Post
eddie what i find funny is you go around what the real cats say like whys ways. a dude who obviously knows what he is talking bout probably more then you do ont he subject because he hits with facts, yet you focus on shit like split said,

beyond has no idea what he is talking bout lool beyond you my dude but you clearly are going by opinion and not knowing what bruce lee done or etc. who would win is all opinion but your theory is based on no facts period
gow you have a problem debating (just from observing you over the years)

ww said somebody that lee taught teaches karate in the military

I didn't go around him at all and responded to every one of his posts until he left the thread forever proving nothing

my point is, that has nothing to do with Roy Jones Jr washing Bruce Lee if he were alive

also, if you click on the link I posted, you will see plenty of ppl LAUGHING at the question presented (would bruce lee have dominated MMA today?)

a lot of them are convinced that midtier fighters would have thrashed him in his natural weight class and some are also confused as to why some of their members on that board think otherwise

Last edited by ...the Nagger; 06-12-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #98
...the Nagger

and then also @God Of War when you have ppl who just drop in and say stuff like

BRUCE LEE WOULD KILL HIM

it makes it really easy to not respond to everything

BRUCE LEE OWNED INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENTS

no he didn't

its hard to definitively respond to every post when you have ppl trolling and making stuff up
Old 06-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #99
...the Nagger

and apparently since ppl aren't getting taught how to fight like Roy Jones that means something?

you can't teach the military to box like Roy dog, or any other hof

but you can teach them karate, the father-style of self-defense

thats why I say you guys lack common sense sometimes. this stuff is a mixture of knowledge/common sense

Roy Jones Jr, nor his trainer, nor anyone he may train down the future, will be teaching boxing in the military. that's common sense
Old 06-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #100
Rawn M.D.

yo Srs Bruce would beast Roy...

like i dont even think itd b a fight really..

hand to hand...Bruce takes it

throw in kicks n holds...he dominates...

and I like Roy Jones as a boxer