Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 04-28-2018, 10:05 PM   #1
Lenox
Hungry

Battle Record: 1-5

Lenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant future
Default New York

[Verse 1]:
8th grade I started rapping, scarring rappers with nautical audio was just target practice,
I let some people go around the same time I lost my passion,
i saw writing on the walls without the art & canvas.
it was hard to manage, Memories became partly damaged, I’m sorry damn it..
But i let the days pass by...
another morning.. another damn sigh. Jon you still rapping?” *blank stare* “damn why?”. “You were the illest though!” *annoyed* “damn, aight”.
You know those days when you wake up unsatisfied. I can’t imagine why..
vertical cracks in the massive sky where god plans out the time and date I should unfairly die.
Used to pray for labels to notice me, I guess prayings a lie, peaking through the blinds with the AK beside,
looking out for the blues.. but I ain’t talking about the face you make when you cry.
It’s just tough, I wanna sit back and make music..
and find great samples I can make grooves with,
but I’m tired of these fake movements, simple minded kids stay stupid so I spend my entire day breakin loops in..

[Verse 2]:
Lyrics bounce off my screen from the street lights reflection,
Can’t tell which way is right.. & every wrong done seems like I’m guessin,
Can’t sleep tight at night cuz demons keep smiting depression on my teen life, I’m stressin.
Multiple times I had to rewrite this section, gotta take advantage of my lyrical weapons & keep striking fear into the non-superiors with imperial methods.
Except I’m living paycheck to paycheck, not knowing who to pay next.
Boss on my neck, shit job, so I stay stressed.
I stay pressed for cash, im better off breaking in glass and doing bank jobs with masks.
I feel like I’m nearing death. But ima keep fighting till my weary breath is at heavens steps.
From now on every thing is past tense, jotting lyrics on the pad wondering where the fuck rap went.
I miss the high kicks & horns like Louis Armstrong during a jazz set.
The 90’s were magic. Now everything is plastic,
Bunch of barbies outta the case, ironically that’s how rap fags dress.
Sadness.. so I’m ending this verse on a punch like Cashius when he practice.
Lenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:13 AM   #2
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

Emotion wise I liked it...had some nice multies goin' on, some of your word usage didn't work for me sorry...As a whole I enjoyed it so for that, Gracia's.

Stay upwards L.

& it's Cassius ;)
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:39 AM   #3
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

another morning.. another damn sigh. Jon you still rapping?” *blank stare* “damn why?”. “You were the illest though!” *annoyed* “damn, aight”.

Yesss..yess i do know those mornings. They were horrible. I wake up stoked nowadays

The whole.second verse is a flashback of a time not.to long ago. Smh
Old 04-29-2018, 08:06 PM   #4
Lenox
Hungry

Lenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant futureLenox has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide View Post

Yesss..yess i do know those mornings. They were horrible. I wake up stoked nowadays

The whole.second verse is a flashback of a time not.to long ago. Smh
Glad you enjoyed it man. Thx for the feedback
Old 04-29-2018, 08:06 PM   #5
Lenox
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exis View Post
Emotion wise I liked it...had some nice multies goin' on, some of your word usage didn't work for me sorry...As a whole I enjoyed it so for that, Gracia's.

Stay upwards L.

& it's Cassius ;)

Much love
Old 04-30-2018, 08:38 AM   #6
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

if this is for a track, how you gonna show the *blank stare* in audio?

i dont think youve thought this through bro
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:11 PM   #7
2tripple0
death warmed over

Battle Record: 6-21

2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0 2tripple0

You almost got it but you didnt wanted to be a part of something but didnt sorry man not feeling this or why im writing it just dont really care much about how well the piece was written not cool man coulda been better on that angle
Old 05-01-2018, 06:54 PM   #8
Lenox
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
if this is for a track, how you gonna show the *blank stare* in audio?

i dont think youve thought this through bro

It’s literally a text track you fuck
Old 05-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #9
Lenox
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tripple0 View Post
You almost got it but you didnt wanted to be a part of something but didnt sorry man not feeling this or why im writing it just dont really care much about how well the piece was written not cool man coulda been better on that angle
I don’t take feedback from people who aren’t better then me.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:30 PM   #10
Quarter O

Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O Quarter O

You still got it bro..just need to polish those words so the rhymes' smooth and don't seem forced... felt that first segment..I can tell u prolly were the man
Quarter O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #11
Lenox
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter O View Post
You still got it bro..just need to polish those words so the rhymes' smooth and don't seem forced... felt that first segment..I can tell u prolly were the man
Thanks