Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #121
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Metts View Post
You take this as if I was calling you out for being simple ... I didn't say every battler or even drop a name .. I just said I don't see how simple Shit liks a 9/11 bar can get quoted in 2013

My point was battling has dumbed itself down for the readers sake and unless your someone who is known or popular then your shit don't really get read or critiqued correctly, in most cases, not all .. I know their are some honest cats out their but still

You have to be simple that's the problem if you want to appeal to a panel of voters then you must conform unless your a cat who gets the benefit of the doubt which their are a few out their.... I got sick of dumbing my shit down and having people pm like yo how you ain't quote the homie yu gi oh line that shit was fire .. then I'd have to be like wtf is a yu gi oh

My style was rarely simple .. maybe in pic battles and Shit I keyed or lost motivation/ time constraints ... their was a period were I did short set-up/punch just cause it kept the voters short attention spans in tact but if you want to win battles then you must figure out what the voters want not what you want
this is EXACTLY what I'm sayin

niggas like "oh man you a bitch keep battling"

yo I'm not takin my time to write for no damn reason, this shit is a joke
Old 09-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #122
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

If I don't currently battle I can't have an opinion about battlers Vs. topical writers? lol That's cute.

I haven't written a battle verse in years, and don't much care to, because as I said before, it's boring, formulaic and the style that wins battles is pretty one dimensional.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #123
...the Nagger

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

it was different on bboys I swear

you could write with whatever style you wanted and niggas actually sat there and READ the shit and voted accordingly

you could have a totally different style from a nigga but he would still like your shit for what it is, and actually explain votes like not

"you had bad wording"

but like "yo you shoulda said 'this nigga this that!'" and you would respect the vote because you could tell the nigga knew what he was talking about

now these dudes just simple and corny

but bboys was simply a collection of battlers from sites all over created one pretty good league

like what this shoulda been
Old 09-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #124
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

I've been battling on the net since like 2000. I know all about voting circles and tendencies and all the homosexuality that goes along with it. Which is why I find battle leagues to be gay. It's part name favoritism, part style preference, part part part. Anyone serious about text battling is usually a worse person because of it. Anyone who doesn't see that is so deeply embedded in it that they're blind, or just too one dimensional to understand anything else.

Last edited by dull boy; 09-05-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #125
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

BECAISE DULLBOY IS ALWAYS RIGHT ON OPPINION BASED MATTERS. TEEHEE
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #126
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

Every individual is right about their own opinion, at least I would hope. If you can't tell that battling is a lot less complex than other writing then you're stupid. That's not an opinion. Yes, battling has a lot of facets to it, but generally these types of sites and leagues respect a certain brand of writing or style, and anything outside of it is at a disadvantage. It's basic.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #127
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

Here's an example that isn't even a style, it's a matter of HOW THE TEXT LOOKS ON THE PAGE lollll How simple minded is that shit? 'You write in paragraph form? Bwhahaha!' Doesn't matter what the content is. If voters are THAT programmed over just the visual aspect of how the rhyme is written out, then how programmed do you think they are about other shit?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #128
...the Nagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dull boy View Post
Here's an example that isn't even a style, it's a matter of HOW THE TEXT LOOKS ON THE PAGE lollll How simple minded is that shit? 'You write in paragraph form? Bwhahaha!' Doesn't matter what the content is. If voters are THAT programmed over just the visual aspect of how the rhyme is written out, then how programmed do you think they are about other shit?
REAL SHIT this actually happened with me, I can show you lol

with my Dos alias

dudes was like "yo this guy sucks"

then they read it again after Hush said it was kinda hot

then they were like "oh yea, its ight"
Old 09-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #129
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

These dudes are playing Hip Hop WoW. I wouldn't waste my time writing battles. If you like writing, focus on something else.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #130
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

I like writing... I take it serious cuz I'm a competitor, what some consider good I think it's horrible... But I enjoy the writing process of it... Topicals come easy to me but if u topical battle it's opinion based as well

It's a lose lose the way ure looking at it

So write for yourself
Old 09-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #131
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Word
Old 09-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #132
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
These dudes are playing Hip Hop WoW. I wouldn't waste my time writing battles. If you like writing, focus on something else.
fuck that u have no idea, i dont beleieve u was ever good at battling i dont think u are now

unless u prove me other wise then u have no idea what ur talking bout
Old 09-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #133
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

yall fucking faggots act like u topical heads isnt the same way i have seen you all ride each others dick from here to oblivion...just like dullboys pieces the same dudes will go in there and say how great it is if he wrote a paragraph that didnt rhyme about hospital equipment rofl
Old 09-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #134
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Metts View Post
You take this as if I was calling you out for being simple ... I didn't say every battler or even drop a name .. I just said I don't see how simple Shit liks a 9/11 bar can get quoted in 2013

My point was battling has dumbed itself down for the readers sake and unless your someone who is known or popular then your shit don't really get read or critiqued correctly, in most cases, not all .. I know their are some honest cats out their but still

You have to be simple that's the problem if you want to appeal to a panel of voters then you must conform unless your a cat who gets the benefit of the doubt which their are a few out their.... I got sick of dumbing my shit down and having people pm like yo how you ain't quote the homie yu gi oh line that shit was fire .. then I'd have to be like wtf is a yu gi oh

My style was rarely simple .. maybe in pic battles and Shit I keyed or lost motivation/ time constraints ... their was a period were I did short set-up/punch just cause it kept the voters short attention spans in tact but if you want to win battles then you must figure out what the voters want not what you want

no i took it as calling hte style or styles simple, when it isnt, theres alot more in smaller bars then there was in longer bars back in the day. I think people focus more on the length of the verse or bars then what the bar is saying because i was back in the time you come from i was also in this time and while they both had there shitty battlers they both had theredope ones, simple was just as simple back then as it is now...bars are generally shorter now but still as deep as ever i see bars all the time not get quoted because someone will say its simple and when i read it i see it has 2 or 3 different meanings to it worded well yet it was still said to be simple

shit works both ways
Old 09-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #135
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Adapting to a certain rigid set of guidelines is harder then just writing whatever the fuck u feel like. Sorry.

Also...ur a faggit...an other things i should say to express my general distaste for u ....etc
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #136
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
and that is a lie to i have seen people complain about your paragraph form an it was always said that it was lazy and it is, writing in a paragraph is much lazier and you can get away with much more then you can normally when you have to fucking structure a verse
Old 09-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #137
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Dirty Bagstard View Post
Adapting to a certain rigid set of guidelines is harder then just writing whatever the fuck u feel like. Sorry.

Also...ur a faggit...an other things i should say to express my general distaste for u ....etc
agreed with bags
Old 09-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #138
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

I like paragraph form.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #139
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
I like paragraph form.
its simple and leaves much more room to get away with things then having structure, of course people like it because it is lazy. no one likes lazy less then work....
Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #140
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of War View Post
fuck that u have no idea, i dont beleieve u was ever good at battling i dont think u are now

unless u prove me other wise then u have no idea what ur talking bout
Neighbor knows about me battling. Ask him if you don't believe me.
Closed Thread

Tags
bags loves dikinthemouth, battlers can't write, boo hoo jiggaboo, cry me a river, dull boy is a faggot, dull boy never battled, dull boy wears lipstick, dull loosin to faggotnes, dull lost to rican, dull opinion mean shit, ed dont no show, orc is a fag, stop wit the walls dull, this nagger mad as fuck, tl:dr dull