- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation THE OFFICIAL NETCEES.ORG FEBRUARY 2020 SITE-WIDE MAGAZINE!

Netcees.org February 2020 Site-Wide Magazine!

Greetings, boils and ghouls!

There’s a lot of positivity surrounding the board of recent, which is somewhat refreshing to see here in truth, and I’m keen to see this prosperity continue right throughout the year.

The board is on somewhat of an upswing with Ouch offering Finny $500 toward his rent (which I’m 100% sure he won’t no-show him on), Deadman condensing Sinacog’s open mic material into one sticky thread and enabling his avid readers to find them more easily, and the 1-2 Punch League has returned under the guidance of veteran @INF with interest building week on week.

@Flow has also agreed to help out in the 1-2 and placed himself in the leagues first Championship Match this week vs @Inno, which was nice of him to think of himself, meaning we will have a site champion declared this week - and it’s been a long time since we’ve been able to say that. Possibly since last years emphatic end to our Summer Classic. Woah. That’s pretty crazy, eh? Our first champion of 2020.

In the 1-2 Punch League we’ve got returning champions, and Hall Of Famers, in @Barcotic and @Blue Bayou alongside some interesting sign-in’s with names like @Pen Prick and @Machete Jo that read like they should be on a @Neighbor Top Five list either side of a Giant Hand Jones.

If you aren’t signed in already, do yourself and The Lime a favour by staking your spot here NOW: http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=141874 The board is only ever as good as the members that make it. Remember that. We’re a lot stronger together than we are divided, so put your past differences behind you. It’s time we rebuilt. Starting now.

There’s a picture roast cypher with an accomplishment given to the winner for those that don’t want to commit to showing week in, week out at the moment: http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=141904 If you have the time, stop by and support the site. Shout outs to @dull boy, @Adverse and @FGR for dropping already. We do this for you all!

The league already has a power rankings based on its current members and their respective runs, but it’s hard to look past some of the powerhouses getting involved in The 1-2 Punch League currently, so I’ve put together an alternative Top Ten of “Who To Look Out For” and why.

10. @Ouch aka SpookyTooth - For all his endless posts and seemingly incoherent ramblings on the Disc boards, it’s easy to forget that Ouch was actually solid at this text shit for a lengthy period. No joke. The B-Boys and PR community may be quite fractured now, but Ouch was around and actively competing during B-Boys WBL and RapMusic.com’s RBL. Ouch is no slOuch. Let’s put it like that. Yes, he’s been trolled incessantly about his former misgivings but if he can get close to the sort of form I know he has in him - he will certainly give people a challenge in this format if he shows. He tells me he will and I take him at his word. Ouch an OG out here.

9. @slecht - Slecht hasn’t really been too active during his tenure at NC, though I do know of him from other hip hop forums so the guy has been around. He knows what needs to be done if he’s to rise through the ranks, and as a former champ he’s got the experience needed to do so again. I would say he’s somewhat of a dark horse here, largely because the weight of expectation may lie on the shoulders of the others listed here - but that could well be a blessing in his favour. The pressures off, so to speak, leaving him to do his thing and pull a few upsets during his run.

8. @FGR aka Miracle - FGR is somewhat of a new face around these parts, despite his registration date. I don’t believe he’s been too active here previously, mainly just requesting odd text battles here and there, but he’s now chosen to take part in The 1-2 Punch League and he’s done very well so far. He’s another advocate of the wordplay-heavy punchline style reminiscent of RapBattles.com and although I much prefer the name Miracle to FGR, I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen from him so far over the past few weeks. I hope he sticks around to see the season out.

7. @Killing Spree - Spree has been quietly but confidently doing his thing and ironed out some of the kinks he had to his game. I think Spree has the wording and ideas down to make himself a problem in The 1-2 Punch League here. He seemed to have earned himself an undeserved rep for either no-showing or constantly requesting extensions due to snow storms and whatnot, but that aside for a second KS has been doing this some time now and knows what needs to be done to win. I could just have easily of added Bleak to this slot, who deserves a mention too and I noticed was signed in. Both are very similar in that respect but I give Bleak more props than I do Spree in these mags so I’m sure KS will appreciate the nod here more.

6. @INF - I tend to find Inf is at his very best when it comes to more generic concepts, and not personals, he seems to err on the side of making his ideas fresh and new. This has its pros and cons, largely in the same area as Habitat may find himself, in that in the search for newer wordplays and whatnot they can occasionally come across as a reach (for want of a better word) due to accents and pronunciation. When Inf is on form though, he’s a real force to be reckoned with. I don’t think we’ve had the opportunity to see that so much so far but sleeping giants are trouble once woken.

5. @Barcotic - A motivated Mike is an unpredictable one. This man is simultaneously a threat and also his own worst enemy. If he sticks around he’s capable of winning the entire thing, he has the right mix of creative concepts and harsh wording to take out the best NC has to offer. He’s proven it time and time again, both here and at RB. He’s a precocious talent, but a talent none the less. Some people would do well to remember that. He isn’t the walk in the park a lot have him down as, far from it in fact, you sleep on Barc and you lose. It’s that simple.

4. @Pinot Grij aka Pulse is a centre-staple if the text community, the guy has always been dope it seems. I’ve always known him as more of a battler than a topical head, in truth, but he has the versatility to cross over between both realms with relative ease. I think perhaps his more battle-orientated style served him well on the topical side as they aren’t so used to seeing that done but rest assured - Pulse is very adept as a writer and his NBL runs show that. A formidable battler and great all-rounder, regardless of the category, Pinot is respected wherever he goes and rightly so.

3. @Habitat - I enjoy reading Habitat because he has a tendency to look for wordplays that haven’t been done before, bringing a fresh flavour to them and also coupling it with great wording. He reminds me somewhat of Allen Knight in that respect, minus the sports references. Rest assured though, Habitat has proved he’s more than capable of tangling at the top with his past NBL runs and his spotlight battle with Sharp should be a banger from both sides.

2. @Cashius - The RapSearch veteran is another in the Blue Bayou mold that has champed and continues to do so. The great thing with Cash is he never concedes too much about himself, we know that he’s Amish and has used racist bars previously but there’s slim pickings beside that to really go at - and so opposition may struggle against how well guarded he is, especially if they have personal ammunition that can be used against them. Rest assured, Cash is a feared foe with many years of experience under his belt. Conceptually and wording wise, he’s a big draw and yet another name no one would be too surprised to see in a champ match throughout the season. He definitely has it in his (probably water powered) wheelhouse for sure.

1. @Blue Bayou - Possibly the most decorated text battler of the current era, and for good reason. His ability to create fresh punchlines even after all this time is a testament to the man himself. He has a drive and determination that exceeds most, which sees him still want to compete at the very top despite winning almost all that’s come before him. The man is a true great. One of the few that not only want to champ, and defend, but then champ time and time again in an insatiable thirst for victory. I respect that. I’ve duelled with him myself on occasion and this man may well be The Final Boss of textcee forums. Difficult to beat even on his worst day, and a shoe-in to make a champ match as the season progresses.

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO!!!!!

Spotlight Battle: Habitat vs. Sharp

The newfound nessynergy and pure positivity of late hasn’t found its way into everyone’s hearts, it seems, even with Valentine’s Day just around the corner. There’s no love lost between @Sharp and @Habitat after their recent fallout over the pronunciation of the wordplay ‘asunder/ass under’ culminating in a special spotlight battle to go down this week.

Habitat has a wordplay-heavy style to his punchlines, coupled with harsh wording, and usually seeks out fresh plays like the asunder/ass under idea that brought about this challenge in the first place. It may not have been as well received by his American counterparts due to the accent, but these things will happen in the quest to find new ideas that haven’t been done before and I, at least, appreciate his attempts to think outside the box and bring us something new to the table creativity wise. I think Habitat will approach this match with his tried-and-tested formula and don’t expect him to try and change too much for this challenge. I remember a recent Habitat NBL run and he did very well with his style, so the old adage “If it ain’t broke, why fix it?” springs to mind - and somewhat rightly so - but Sharps mind is as his name suggest and I can see him trying to use this to his advantage...

Sharp is a witty text battler and certainly capable of taking this one, make no mistake about it, especially with the sort of current ammunition he has been handed by Habitat over their war of word(play)s. I think Sharp will take a more angled approach, seeing the potential to play off the hard -uh and -ah sound that comprised Habitat’s concept last week and use it against him to deadly effect. I don’t expect Sharp to come in here with a series of unconnected punches for 16 lines, I would expect him to have a verse of punchlines in or around a similar vein, each building on the last somehow, all attacking his opponent along a central theme with a surgical precision. They say styles make fights, and that could well be the case here, they’re two very different battlers with different approaches in execution. Sharp’s comedy could well be the tonic to Habitat’s aggression. If I had to call this, that would probably be the way I leaned.

You can follow the battle here as it goes down:
LINK: http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=141921

Open Mic Watch

As much as I love the sheer underdog tenacity of @Sinacog I feel one of our best OM writers is vastly overlooked here at Netcees. His name is @Universe. I’ve archived several of his verses here from UPN and SOHH, but he currently has a ridonkulous verse up in the OM forum that you should all check out immediately. I think it should be archived in the OM forum, personally, but for those who haven’t peeped it yet you can check it out below:

LINK http://www.netcees.org/showthread.ph...593#post755593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
"But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer... This season is all I have left to give. My heart can take the pounding. My mind can handle the grind but my body knows it’s time to say goodbye. And that’s okay... I’m ready to let you go.” - Kobe Bryant

Endgame

April 13th 2016 was the date, Hollywood arrived to pay homage
I'm shooting passed the Utah Jazz, all eyes were trained on me
Like a replay image, my wrist is poised in that Michael way
Who else can say they dropped 60 points in their final game?
A sure fire Hall of Famer, famous in the state where I'm living
Where mistakes are forgiven in exchange for greatness and winning
I hugged my coaches and teammates, did that waving gesture
They just can't turn the page on veterans in the Staples Center...
Now my last walk's in pictures, the flashbulbs were clickin'
Don't care about others opinions, none were cut from my linen
They sink and drown in talent pool's, I'm dunking those swimming
But in the end all I could think about was the beginning...

The Early Years

I was born in Philly to Joe and Pamela, the youngest of three
My two older sisters kept me company and from running the streets
My father Joe "Jellybean" Bryant played professionally overseas
He was the model of inspiration for everything I hoped to be
My parents visited Kobe Japan and fell in love with the venue
I can tell you I was named after a beef on a restaurant menu
We moved to Italy in '84, I practiced and cleaned the bleachers
Pops said learn Italy's speech kid, it'll leave you speechless
So with the language on point I became a ball boy
Was growing into tall joints, my chosen future ain't a hard choice
But my deep love for A.C. Milan drew me to elite clubs
It had "Bean" the reason for my strut; my time in Italy was up
Moved back to Philadelphia; Lower Marion high school was buzzing
Within a year I was the top teenage player in the country
But we were winning nothing, season one came and went
Passed Wilt Chamberlain's record, I made 'em wilt in every game I'm in
A state Championship followed, the Kobe brand seemed promising
Had pop stars on my arm, I even took Brandy to prom with me
That's no top achievement, so I started spittin' to show my art
Made a rap group CHEIZAW after seeing The Kid With the Golden Arm
In Manhatten met Foxy and Nas, this was no amateur plan
I ran with a band of misfits and was a growing Canibus fan
Yet can't get the ball out of my hand, I was a star in the hood
Obsessed with the sound the ball made bouncing off hard maple wood
Should I skip college to get knowledge on what I truly loved?
School can't measure up, I had the tools to rule these chumps
Could've been dumb to not join North Carolina, Duke or Michigan
I of course decided I had more to prove, I was on a mission kid
But don't get it twisted, I could drain three's and write essay's with ease
I could be whatever I wanted to be, I scored 1080 on my SAT's
Every test was a breeze, so I jumped to the Draft at 17
I was betting no team in need could pass up getting me
As luck would have it I went 13th, Charlotte was my home I guess
Was gonna kick up a Hornet's nest but instead I'm going west
They swapped me for Vlade Divac... what a town of traders
Ironic how the famous "LA LA Land" had found a Laker...

Purple and Gold

My rookie season meant rookie mistakes, and I feared all praise
I was just 18 when I had the infamous "airball" game
It was the western conference semifinals, and God only knows...
How I was able to miss the rim and backboard on four free throws
But it focused me, I needed to grow and put the past in the mirror
I won't hesitate to label that the defining action of my career
The next year developed to an all-star, that blunder had helped
I even added a slam dunk contest win under my belt
Now I can never lay up, all my shots were dropping like fly's
And I'm not talking about with females in our locker room guys
Women were whirlwinds in my eyes, I had plenty of free dates
And I was teeming with skill so I didn't need any more team mates
We raked in wins fast, it was thanks to what Phil Jackson did
But the house that Kobe built would never be more than a Shaq to him
At last we champed in 2000, they would sing different tunes here
When we ringed in the new year with a ring in the new year
Veered back to my rap roots, Sony's label wasn't into it
My album 'Visions' was shelved for creative differences
Fuck that industry, I reached new heights despite the pressure
Plus I never thought I'd meet a woman like my wife Vanessa
Then came two more titles to treasure, I played it off, so what?
I loved the 'title' of father; the title of 'rapist'? Not so much...

The Downfall

Rep wiped away, it's obvious I denied the complaint
Then they provided DNA so my story quietly changed
She was 19 years of age, a desk clerk for a Lodge in Colorado
Lipstick on my collar from that ho... I couldn't call her that though
It WAS consensual, she liked it hard and I got carried away
If she wasn't aware of my bank roll I wouldn't care to this day
But the deep pitfalls of fame appear in the scariest ways
The richer we are the bigger the target we apparently make
I talked through my lawyers, this wouldn't be my last resort
Was guilty of adultery nothing more, lost weight after the cop reports
But don't let the facts mess up a good story, my passion was restored
When I settled out of court just to keep active ON the court
Nike sponsors helped of course, but people weren't buying my brand
It got out of hand, I could've won NBA's most vilified man
Threw an anti gay slur at a referee (fag), was fined 100 grand
No problem, I understand... I can find 100 grand
I'm what viewers demand, each news person on television proved worse
I was less equipped than confirmed, I guess you live and you learn
After my second daughter Gianna's birth, I set the standard through her
To be the man you deserved, thus '07 began the U-turn...

Redemption of a Legend

Put #24 on my jersey, but they preferred me limping, old and bitter
2008 was better, I gave U.S. an Olympic gold medal
Just to hold my head up, it seemed more envied me than before
'09 brought my 4th NBA title and an MVP award
Which afforded me the NBA 2k10 cover, no CGI fit
My cheat code be widespread, just type in 'kobe bryant'
No denying I'm a cheater, should've known what's in store for later
2011 cut my family ties, Vanessa filed the divorce papers
I moved forward with the Lakers, I was considered more of a veteran
Full steam ahead not hesitant, then came my 2nd gold medal win
Reconciling with Vanessa helped me breathe, I needed a mamba mentality
When my mom auctioned off all my things, it complimented Cali? Please
Stopped the bleeding, often greedy families be selling off your prizes
Said to hell with chartered flights and got my own helicopter pilot
Another rich fella on an island, most don't support all my choices
That of course flipped when I passed Jordan on the all-time points list
Was annointed what I always wanted to claim, the God of this game
But it was the age of braun over brains... then came Lebron James
My tank was on empty, made 2016 my retirement tour
My baby Bianca was born, I wanted to give all of my time to her
Along with Natalia and Gianna; I had a stellar career
If I didn't have the GOAT farewell year I wouldn't dare disappear
My presence was feared, I lost a step but who can stop this?
I delivered in every game as promised, then I put my stamp on it
I stormed facilities with my born ability, but my form was killing me
Robbin' wills like Mork & Mindy, sunk free throws with a torn achilles
Lit up New York city, who doesn't think my fortune had filled me?
After 680 million in salary and endorsements? ... Really?
Not bad for a kid born in Philly; my jersey's flashing my heart
The cry of the buzzer posts the final number, we're back at the start
I took a stab in the dark to finally relax and depart
You'll never see another Kobe Bryant, the living breathing statue of art...

Dear Basketball

I played 20 seasons now I'm asked to go pass the baton
Seems no matter how long you practiced the show has to go on
I'm just a man with no basketball, who could sense the coming disaster?
My time was up faster than retired numbers in rafters
I bent over backwards so both my jersey's were sold
Sales increase if you throw my purple and gold shirt in the fold
Amusingly my documentary 'Muse' was a blueprint to kids
I supported women who weren't just raising the bar, but moving the rim
I was an 18 time all-star but I still had a lot to give
Gigi hit any basket on a whim, and never lacked in confidence
So I would gladly ride the bench until she broke in the league
She was as focused as me, my new passion was coaching her team
Then I wrote a poem about the success and tragedy of sport
Low and behold 'Dear Basketball' won the academy award
Made the Mamba Academy to pay it forward, it's now the girls time
I turned to a storyteller and writer to inspire children worldwide
Created the Wizenard series, it was all about basketball magic
Five children that believed in abilities to capture their passion
Capri was my last kid; the final act you couldn't imagine
I loved every second of the ride, but that crash shouldn't have happened...

After Life: January 26th, 2020

I was just 41 when I passed, the best of me still hoped to be filled
Thousands of pounds of rotors and steel made sure I'll never be over the hill
Common sense said it's a flight we should've probably missed
So what happened? God as my witness I don't have the foggiest
It went down all so quick, the fall drew in all our breath
Yet if it wasn't with my daughter and friends I'd do it all again
Death is mightier than the pen, it's not the torture that life is
I died with 300 mill in the bank, but to be immortal is priceless
800 pounds of fuel ignited, lucky the flames weren't witnessed
We missed clearing the hill by 30 feet, life's a game of inches
Never claimed that 6th ring, but you can bet I reached 7th heaven
I half suspected you have to die to meet the status of legend
That's all I asked of my profession, eventually the press can feed
I guess it leaked... it seems to rest in peace was my destiny
The tears are appreciated, I listen to every beautiful speech
Just please remember all my attributes in all ya tributes to me
Only the good die young, I was at a misunderstood age
If you hear me say "GG", I'm not just muttering "good game"
I'm talking to my daughter Gianna, she never stops hitting those fade's
We couldn't have gone down in history together unless it was fate
No one looks over an author's shoulder when there's a pen to the page
After death ending's are saved, then we begin sending the praise
But don't worry I'll be-oK like I was mixing my name
If God invented more days they'd call me 24/8
Today's date's no mistake (2/4); thank you for the shot clock violations
Y'all got time to waste but good luck finding my replacement
No denying my inspiration, it means I'm staying atop the sport
So to all friends and cohorts... now the ball's in your court
Might not be top 4... Russell, Magic, Jabbar and Jordan
But I'd be on basketball's Mount Rushmore if you counted one more in
So before I say goodbye I'm crossing T's and dotting I's
I cast a long shadow, I see it inside my daughters eyes
I was a fast-Forward in my time, never stopped or left my prime
And I left a legacy behind so you better press rewind
But you might find it lonely if you try to clone me
I'm one of a kind, ask anyone who might've known me
I know time flies faster when you're alive and growing
So I send my love to my family, friends and childhood homies
And to all up and comers who line up single file below me...
You'll find me in the sky high as nosebleeds...

I Am Kobe.
I think the man is a heavy weight in his own right and criminally slept on. Let’s sort that out ASAP and give him his due props so as to encourage him to stick around, please. We want writers of his calibre. This site has the best of the best still doing this and I, for one, am proud to have him on board.

Also around the OM forum we had a returning @JaysonFresh that seems like he’s about ready to jump right back into the battle pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonFresh View Post
so fly u can track me on Orbitz.

foaming at da mouth fresh a savage in rhyme
deliver ya headpiece in bubble wrap. no amazon prime.
fantasy of mine. who wanna take it further?
trust u don't want that kinda beef, stick to the Impossible Burger.
VIP only. only dope writers here .. & if u not a somebody..
call security, then escort out the door like surprise knock at a bachelor party.
activity has slown & competition is what i be craving
when i write FIRE mini me's duplicate in search for a spark. that's speed dating.
don't get too cozy, in the ambo its a lonely ride
one punch'll mark u up like nike products day after kobe died.
If I remember correctly he’s been absent for a short while but he’s always had punchlines, and this recent quick ten lines is no different, but I enjoy his ideas conceptually and his wording also. The OM forum may not have even the best place for this joint, as we don’t tend to see battle orientated verses dropped in there (there should be more!) but he’s on point and def deserves more credit. I think he might have been wanting to shake off some ring rust before diving back in, so I can’t fault him for that as I like to do the same, but we see you Jayson. Sign into the 1-2 league.

Robreezy is showing no signs of her persistence, nor mental retardation, slowing down any time soon with her 2020 Freestyle offering:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I got shine View Post
I'm the Queen
Past me the Crown
I'm the winner
I got your Trophy
I'm hot call me Summer
I'm money maker
Got stacks in the bank
http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=141924

We also welcome the sporadic @SELF ACTIVATE back into our fold after his return from Rap-Royalty to bless us with his “Sinus Infection”. A fitting title what with the current Coronavirus contagion and all:

http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=141832

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTIVATE SELF View Post
A warrior landlord on a chrome horse
Who came to enforce the law upon thy tenants
Pay rent or get split with the flaming sword of “Divine Vengeance”
My mind visits the prison realm that binds benign spirits
To the flesh of the dying chemist who chose science over magic
To try living life as a mortal with defined limits (describes physics)
“I’m nigh finished”, sighed Einstein when he lied about his life’s mission
The spacetime collision made by a god with omniscience
The plot thickens. The Mother Box is not tickin.
I’m stuck in a hot kitchen of gluttony
Bruce Lee kickin his way through a maze full Butterbeans
“It’s troubling”, uttered Palpatine to Darth Maul
I’m not yaw...I’ve crawled from the depths of Tartarus
To show you all what a martyr is. Swallowed flames
And gargled lit bottles of arsenic, carbonated water & vodka, bitch
Pardon my vernacular and awful French, talkin shit
Like permaculture enthusiasts. I’m usually the booziest
Loser in a room full of lunatics, swigin Louis the 13th
While Lieutenant Dan dances in the gloom of a lunar eclipse
Louisiana vampire with a flu-bite, stay cocooned in a tomb
Until you fruit flies are consumed by a crude type ...of Coronavirus
Hazmat suits and crucifixes for the few survivors
Dump the rest in a pool full of fuel then produce a fire
But better be immune to the fumes of the human fibers
Or book a room on the Moon when they nukin China

— The Lewd Messiah Or Truthful Liar?
If nothing else, it’s good to see someone of Self’s calibre writing again and actively posting new verses, albeit brief by his own seminal standards. I’m not a believer in writers block, I think the only way to remedy it is to write through it. Pick up the pen and keep it moving, so I’ll always support those still actively writing and sharpening their swords in whatever medium they see fit. This is what keeps the culture alive. We’re here because we love what we do. It would be great to see him back in the form he left off in if he keeps his pen game razor sharp.

Elsewhere On Netcees

The Battle Arena currently has an unexpected match between @Diablo and Capt. Dog-Dick himself @Exis going down. Both verses are in, and I don’t believe either has faced the other before, despite them both having spent a prolonged period at the now defunct RapFlava website. Interestingly, Diablo chose to flip Exis’ own style against him and had Exis conceding defeat before the first vote had even been cast. You can respond with feedback at the link below:

http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=140576

There was another battle between The Lime’s (least?) favourite former law enforcement officer @Zuo aka Zelph and beer-brazen @ Blue Bayou.
blessed with not one, but two Robranda aka @I got shine battle threads. The first up is a top tier tussle with a beer-bred Blue Bayou. The battle currently lies split in votes at 4-1 with Candy casting his Zelph’s way, you can read the full thing here and help close this one out either way: http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=141414

In somewhat of a surprise, Sinacog took a 3-0 lead in votes over @DMS in their BA battle. I know Sin is from Rap-Royalty where the 3-0 shutout rule applies but the same thing isn’t applicable here and he could still lose as the battle remains open for voting. I’ll be voting on this one for sure, just out of sure love for both of these guys, in fact I was very impressed with DMS’ progress in a recent Open Mic verse he posted. From memory I much preferred him in that area to what I had seen of his previous text battles, so I’ll be going into this battle blind when declaring a winner. If everyone could help vote this up to get it completed that would be great: http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=139492

There’s a track up in the Audio Forum by Immolate called “Drugs Girl” where he’s adapted an old(er) topical verse he had written to make a track with it. The lyrics are provided for those that may wish to read, you can view the thread here: http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=139590

We also have an instrumental dropped by @KennyCerealBowl that has been well received by our members and @Adverse is looking to add a verse of his over it which is thoroughly encouraging. Big up all you guys keeping the art form alive. Those who want to listen can do so here: http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=141769 I’m sure some of you will appreciate it.

WTF’s and LMAO’s

WTF @ Amen still Amening in 2020?
LMAO @ Ouch if he noshows a homeless Finny on the $500 he promised. SMH.
WTF @ Inno in a 1-2 championship match though?
LMAO @ Flow seemingly gifting himself a shot!
WTF @ How good that Universe verse is?
LMAO @ Kill Spree’s homie from the Roast Cypher wearing a Lime Green tee. Dope.
WTF @ text still being alive thanks to you all!?
LMAO @ Everyone thinking DeliciousGirl is Eddie
WTF @ so much positivity around NC at the moment?

Final Thoughts

I’ll leave you all with these few words going forward. This website wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for all of you. You are The Lime. The good writers, the bad, and everyone in between. It’s a community. But that community only exists if we all work together towards a central goal and help make this place as enjoyable as we can for everyone. If you check a battle out, cast a vote. If you read an OM, leave your thoughts on it. It doesn’t always have to be something elaborate and we’ve always been pretty lax in that respect but even letting the person know you’re reading and enjoying can encourage them to keep writing. If it’s dope, quote it. Don’t be afraid to big up your brothers. You’re the best of the best, a collective of everyone that was ever someone at every forum we’ve seen come and go. Embrace it. Enjoy giving back to a community thats given you so much over the years and let’s see if flourish once more. For everyone.

Yours sincerely,

President Lars

Last edited by sral; 02-08-2020 at 01:11 PM.
sral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:36 AM   #2
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

whoa I only read the first part and now i'm going to read the next and I wasn't bullshitting finny if at the time he needed $500 for rent or he'd get kicked out, I would give it to him, because i've known him for so long.. I really would have and now I retract that to $100, I don't have much but if anyone who I've known forever on here needs a couple hundred for rent.. I'll give it to you once and only once but I will

and dope reference bouls and ghouls.. the crypt keeper and tales from the crypt was my shit... and unless niggas hate vote against me and people really vote... you're going to see me champ that 1-2 league.. I guarantee you
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:38 AM   #3
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

boils and ghouls you're gonna see it
Old 02-08-2020, 07:47 AM   #4
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

I'm the Queen
Past me the Crown
I'm the winner
I got your Trophy
I'm hot call me Summer
I'm money maker
Got stacks in the bank

thats straight hot fiyah
Old 02-08-2020, 08:07 AM   #5
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

lmfao...Thanks for the mention Lars, I think?

What was it...

'Capt. Dog-Dick himself' Bwhahaha...you win again.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:50 AM   #6
Ryno
Retired

Battle Record: 12-10

Ryno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant future

Props for the effort Lars. Great dedication man. Good read
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 10:21 AM   #7
Habitat
Make my day

Battle Record: 8-6

Champed
- 1-2 LR Tournament

Habitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant futureHabitat has a brilliant future

Cool read. Thanks for the effort
Old 02-08-2020, 11:06 AM   #8
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

props on the mag lars this was a dope read. This my fav lars to see boarding.

Good shit keeling text alive!
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:08 AM   #9
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Ctrl+F "PancakeBrah's hilarious return to boarding"

0 Results

Negged.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #10
White LGI

Battle Record: 3-3

White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI White LGI

I'm not mention? Im God ***
White LGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:40 PM   #11
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
Ctrl+F "PancakeBrah's hilarious return to boarding"

0 Results

Negged.
I, for one, am glad you're back.

I also enjoy saying 'I, for one'.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:46 PM   #12
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
I, for one, am glad you're back.

I also enjoy saying 'I, for one'.
yeah you're probably the same person, lame fucks

but yeah this needs to be upped, should be stickied really whoever spent time on it should be commended
Old 02-08-2020, 03:46 PM   #13
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

tldr

but i appreciate the spirit.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:49 PM   #14
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

i hate you because 1) I don't know what tldr means... and 2) because you used tldr

either way you're an idiot
Old 02-08-2020, 04:10 PM   #15
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

thank you, netcee's resident wino.

godspeed.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #16
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
yeah you're probably the same person, lame fucks

but yeah this needs to be upped, should be stickied really whoever spent time on it should be commended
Now post 5 times in a row.
Could you find me?
Old 02-08-2020, 04:27 PM   #17
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

@PancakeBrah your time here is always appreciated, mainly your drunken music threads but alas. still true.

Your sig should read “dot org” btw
sral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:42 PM   #18
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

Should it?
Could you find me?
Old 02-08-2020, 05:56 PM   #19
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

I bodied Blue last 1-2.

Just saying... lol
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #20
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

Thanks loves.....
congrats everyone
Dope girl is offline   Reply With Quote