Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Open Mic Section

User Tag List

Old 09-26-2015, 04:47 PM   #1
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future
Default Cigarette, the love story

They say it’s been awhile, and how much time has passed. I nod and say, “Yes, it has. We’ll have to catch up later, man.”

I try to avoid chasing pasts, but somehow they always make it back and fool me into thinking they’ll last.

Still, I don’t know better.

Nothing survives forever intact.

You can’t capture youth. You’re just old, and think you’re cool. You’ve become a slave, and that’s something no one made you do. That comes with age, but your cage is nothing new. You’ve felt it all your life, but hoped maybe it wasn’t true. Those feelings don’t die, they just hide inside of you, and you only find them when your lies start showing through.

And as much as you try, you can’t hide them once they do.

The sad part of life is that it’s fine without you. So, what’s the point in trying when you’re dying no matter what you do? The hard part is finding that something in your life that you’ll love until you die.

But that something’s still hiding.

After a couple of beers, it’ll be mine.

Where did the time go, I wonder, but no one knows. After this glass I’ll know, I suppose.

I’m alone in this crowd (like a cliché) trying to hold in this crown (I haven’t eaten today). I have moments of doubt, but I try to sleep them away. Normally Heineken helps me find my dream state so I can see that smiling, sweetest face, only to wake up crying, “Why’d you leave me, Babe!?”

But you’ve already heard this before, and there’s more to my life. Like the time I dropped acid in the morning time, laying in a field mourning a suicide. I wish I could save her, but, yeah, there’s more to life. Of course I try to love, but why? Because substance is rare in a normal life.

Until that substance is heroine and she snorts and dies.

But you’ve already heard this before. By now this all is just a bore.

I'm starting to think it’ll take a couple more.

Cigarette, the love story,

up you go in smoke where you’ll echo through eternity as the memory only I know, and when I die, I hope, we’ll look back with the eyes of a ghost laughing at life like it’s a joke.

Until that time,

I’ll bide my own.

Zen

Last edited by Zen; 02-16-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
Geno
White Earl

Battle Record: 10-15

Accomplishments
- Open Mic HOF (4x)

Champed
- Netcees Writers League
- Write Week I
- Write Week 8

Geno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant futureGeno has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Geno

This is nasty as fuck zen. I have to step out. Got ro thats something no one made you do. Read it folks
Old 09-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #3
dead man
living

Battle Record: 33-18

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- AOWL Season 1
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 4
- Write Week V
- GWL Season 1

dead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant futuredead man has a brilliant future

sorry
Old 09-28-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
oats
Steel Cut

Battle Record: 19-10

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Fight Night LXXXIV
- Art of Writing League

oats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant futureoats has a brilliant future

this is very very good.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #5
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
sorry
It's cool, man.

I'll drink one for your boy that passed.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:16 AM   #6
emcee squared
Banned

emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared emcee squared

nothing

Last edited by emcee squared; 10-31-2016 at 04:22 PM.
emcee squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:58 AM   #7
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Dope shit @Zen.

I love the conversational style.

You blend it effortlessly.

Really top work.
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:35 AM   #8
e11even
V.V

Battle Record: 31-20

e11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant futuree11even has a brilliant future

Wow. This was pretty heavy. I could relate to the tone in this and it felt a bit deeper than your language. I liked this bro.
e11even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:22 AM   #9
Spoken
...DA GAWD...

Battle Record: 13-34

Spoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant futureSpoken has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Spoken

The simplicity was clan man.. yet it nevwr strayed feom the topic and it went hard with the fact of technique being blessed in this bro

Spoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:45 AM   #10
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

also, NOM'D
sral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:01 PM   #11
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

poignant. written well, too (though that's secondary). the use of substance, dually, was excellent.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:57 PM   #12
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

This is one of those pieces where the quality speaks for itself. One that, when you read it, you wish you would/could have written, which is the highest compliment I can give. Thanks for the read.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #13
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

Do we still do the Open Mic Hall of Fame? If so, this should be in it.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:06 PM   #14
Wise Wiggles
nok Su kow

Battle Record: 1-1

Wise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant futureWise Wiggles has a brilliant future

Good shit. Stay strong.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:43 AM   #15
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

One of the best pieces I've read on this site, before & after it died.
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:26 PM   #16
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

This was nice man, really heart wrenching stuff towards the revelation
the flow of this made it a very smooth read, almost like reading a passage out of a novel
and then your like oh yea Ill read a little more and then as the reader you think.. whoa
regardless I thought this was amazing man, some really nice work..

You can’t capture youth. You’re just old, and think you’re cool. You’ve become a slave, and that’s something no one made you do. That comes with age, but your cage is nothing new. You’ve felt it all your life, but hoped maybe it wasn’t true. Those feelings don’t die, they just hide inside of you, and you only find them when your lies start showing through.

^^^
<3
Old 10-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #17
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Sign into the AOWL Zenland
Old 01-10-2016, 12:43 AM   #18
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
Do we still do the Open Mic Hall of Fame? If so, this should be in it.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:25 AM   #19
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I third that notion.

I also get quite agitated when Zen is continually under rated and under appreciated (rhymez, yo) because he's legit a better writer than nearly everyone on this site.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #20
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

Dope