Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 06-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future
Default had a Roy Jones vs Bruce Lee argument and it pissed me off

Roy Jones would wash Bruce Lee son
...the Nagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
super pimp trillionaire
your ad here

Battle Record: 0-1

super pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant future

stay pissed.

cock back the chevy nigga show me if you billet proof

FFC, cohpe wit it bitches...
super pimp trillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Roy Jones would get broken by Bruce Lee, It isn't even a question of if it would or would not happen but more of a how bad would it happen type question.
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
super pimp trillionaire
your ad here

Battle Record: 0-1

super pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant futuresuper pimp trillionaire has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of War View Post
Roy Jones would get broken by Bruce Lee, It isn't even a question of if it would or would not happen but more of a how bad would it happen type question.
^.

cock back the chevy nigga show me if you billet proof

FFC, cohpe wit it bitches...
super pimp trillionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
...the Nagger

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

how so @gow?

Bruce Lee wasn't a fighter.

Roy jones beat 50 FREAKIN PPL IN A ROW SON, GROWN MEN, WITHOUT GETTIN TOUCHED

Roy Jones, would without question, wash Bruce Lee
Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #6
...the Nagger

House is a great show, but House would never do my surgery

Enter the Dragon was a classic. like seriously, one of the greatest kung fu flicks ever
but cmon son, bruce lee weighed 130 lbs soakin wet. he was in shape, and did pretty moves on camera

but we talking about a prize fighter who is a hall of fame boxer in (one of the) best eras in boxing

no, bruce doesn't win

he didn't even compete. he just made movies?

Its a difference between doing scripted beautiful kung fu moves on camera, and going out in a field and fightin yo
Old 06-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #7
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Bruce Lee was a fighter though bro. He had to fight to get his martial arts to become an actual style. Bruce Lee fought his entire life and just check this out my G

7. Want to challenge Bruce Lee? Just tap your foot on the ground!
After he got famous, a lot of people thought they could beat Bruce - they would walk up to him, tap their foot on the ground (symbolizing a challenge) and then proceed to attack him! Well... maybe not that literal, but Bruce's popularity certainly attracted a lot nutcase trying to prove they're better than him.

One day, while filming Enter the Dragon, an extra taunted Bruce Lee and challenged him to fight. The whole thing went on like this:

"This kid was good. He was no punk. He was strong and fast, and he was really trying to punch Bruce's brains in. But Bruce just methodically took him apart."

"I mean Bruce kept moving so well, this kid couldn't touch him...Then all of a sudden, Bruce got him and rammed his ass into the wall and swept him, he proceeded to drop his knee into his opponent's chest, locked his arm out straight, and nailed him in the face repeatedly."

Typical of Bruce Lee, after the fight he didn't fire the extra - he actually gave his challenger lesson on how to improve!

8. Bruce Lee was Strong
In 1964, Bruce was invited to a karate championship in Long Beach, California. There he performed his famous "One Inch Punch," where he would deliver a devastating blow from only an inch away, sending his opponent flying back!

[YouTube Link]

Bob Baker of Stockton, whom Bruce hit, said "I told Bruce not to do this type of demonstration again. When he punched me that last time, I had to stay home from work because the pain in my chest was unbearable."

... and Fast!
Most martial art films are sped up to make fighting scenes appear fast, but not Bruce Lee's. His moves were too fast to be captured on the regular 24 frames per second film - so they had to film him at 32 fps, and run the film slower so you can see his moves.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
trap.
Senior Citizen

Battle Record: 4-3

trap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant future

I don't know why I'm going to explain to you why Bruce Lee would win but it's based on one thing. Roy Jones fought his whole career defending himself from someone's hands. Bruce Lee does more than that. He could wax Roy just with a kick. Unless you want to further explain your statement with "in a boxing ring" but even then, Bruce's hands were quicker than Roy's.

Plus man, he beat Chuck Norris and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. C'mon son.
trap. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #9
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

bruce lee fought a bunch of martial arts dudes

bruce lee would probably get him. i dont think it would be a one sided slaughter tho. prime roy jones was an animal. not sure about bruce lees grapple game. it would come down to bruce lees feet.

if he could keep away for A LONG TIME. then bruce lee could probably nitpick him

but i dunno YO

roy jones was one of the nastiest most efficient boxers of all time. im pretty sure he holds the record for NEVER being punched in a whole round of boxing. when he fought vinnie pazienza, vinnie was throwing at air for a whole round, while getting WORKED

roy jones is nasty

if bruce lee is efficient at grappling it could be alot different

but i could see both arguments

roy jones is also a giant compared to bruce lee.
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #10
...the Nagger

Quote:
Bruce Lee was a fighter though bro. He had to fight to get his martial arts to become an actual style. Bruce Lee fought his entire life and just check this out my G

7. Want to challenge Bruce Lee? Just tap your foot on the ground!
After he got famous, a lot of people thought they could beat Bruce - they would walk up to him, tap their foot on the ground (symbolizing a challenge) and then proceed to attack him! Well... maybe not that literal, but Bruce's popularity certainly attracted a lot nutcase trying to prove they're better than him.

One day, while filming Enter the Dragon, an extra taunted Bruce Lee and challenged him to fight. The whole thing went on like this:

"This kid was good. He was no punk. He was strong and fast, and he was really trying to punch Bruce's brains in. But Bruce just methodically took him apart."

"I mean Bruce kept moving so well, this kid couldn't touch him...Then all of a sudden, Bruce got him and rammed his ass into the wall and swept him, he proceeded to drop his knee into his opponent's chest, locked his arm out straight, and nailed him in the face repeatedly."

Typical of Bruce Lee, after the fight he didn't fire the extra - he actually gave his challenger lesson on how to improve!

8. Bruce Lee was Strong
In 1964, Bruce was invited to a karate championship in Long Beach, California. There he performed his famous "One Inch Punch," where he would deliver a devastating blow from only an inch away, sending his opponent flying back!

[YouTube Link]

Bob Baker of Stockton, whom Bruce hit, said "I told Bruce not to do this type of demonstration again. When he punched me that last time, I had to stay home from work because the pain in my chest was unbearable."

... and Fast!
Most martial art films are sped up to make fighting scenes appear fast, but not Bruce Lee's. His moves were too fast to be captured on the regular 24 frames per second film - so they had to film him at 32 fps, and run the film slower so you can see his moves.
What does this prove?

we know he's fast. the moves are scripted tho. even if they aren't scripted all the way thru, they're scripted to the point that you can't interrupt Bruce?

imagine Roy Hittin a speed bag? he would look mighty fast bro

and that extra wasn't on the level of Roy Jones Jr? If he was, we'd prolly at least know his name
Old 06-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Joe Metts

Battle Record: 14-6

Joe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Joe Metts

Yall treating Roy like he's pernell whitaker tho.

He had offense and the quickest hands since ali.
Joe Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

I think you guys need to take into account that not only can prime Roy Jones really knock out any man with a perfectly placed punch, but that prime Roy Jones was MUCH heavier than Bruce Lee. Lee could win because it's a kickboxing match, but Jones only has to land one clean shot to win the fight.

I don't get all the hype on Bruce Lee. He's a beast martial artist, but Bren Foster has probably more martial arts credentials right off the bat. Bruce Lee was only as popular as he was through the movies. None of you know his fighting ability. Tony Jaa can rainbox kick about 3 times his height, can he use that in a fight? Probably not. Lee COULD have been the greatest fighter of all time, based on his work rate though. People always say "An MMA fighter could just take Bruce down and beat him up". 100% true, but that's because Bruce Lee wasn't an MMA fighter. You'd struggle to find anyone in the world with the training regime and ethic of Lee, so give him that specific style to train in, and he kills it.

Roy Jones wins by KO for me though. Size difference is too much.
EtH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
trap.
Senior Citizen

trap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant futuretrap. has a brilliant future

Metts, no-one is treating him that way. Roy Jones is the greatest .. at boxing. Bruce Lee was the greatest in martial arts, which encompasses boxing (in a variation) and MUCH more. Bruce Lee was the best, if not one of the best, in any form of fighting he tried.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #14
God Of War
The Landlord

man no one was as quick as bruce lee ever, and not to mention bruce lee was trained in grappling, and by one fo the best martial arts teachers there was then proceeded to dominate it. lee also fought in boxing tournaments and martial art tournaments when he was young. bruce lee stopped ebcause he loved the art of fighting and focused on it and didnt like to be pinned with rules. roy jones is no where near as trained as bruce lee was. nor as skillful
Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #15
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
I think you guys need to take into account that not only can prime Roy Jones really knock out any man with a perfectly placed punch, but that prime Roy Jones was MUCH heavier than Bruce Lee. Lee could win because it's a kickboxing match, but Jones only has to land one clean shot to win the fight.

I don't get all the hype on Bruce Lee. He's a beast martial artist, but Bren Foster has probably more martial arts credentials right off the bat. Bruce Lee was only as popular as he was through the movies. None of you know his fighting ability. Tony Jaa can rainbox kick about 3 times his height, can he use that in a fight? Probably not. Lee COULD have been the greatest fighter of all time, based on his work rate though. People always say "An MMA fighter could just take Bruce down and beat him up". 100% true, but that's because Bruce Lee wasn't an MMA fighter. You'd struggle to find anyone in the world with the training regime and ethic of Lee, so give him that specific style to train in, and he kills it.

Roy Jones wins by KO for me though. Size difference is too much.

thats a comment from someone who has no idea what he is talking about to be completely honest. sorry bro but your fucking full of shit.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #16
...the Nagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by trap View Post
I don't know why I'm going to explain to you why Bruce Lee would win but it's based on one thing. Roy Jones fought his whole career defending himself from someone's hands. Bruce Lee does more than that. He could wax Roy just with a kick. Unless you want to further explain your statement with "in a boxing ring" but even then, Bruce's hands were quicker than Roy's.

Plus man, he beat Chuck Norris and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. C'mon son.
no disrespect but chuck norris and kareem aren't 20% of Roy Jones put together

and no, I'm talking about outside in the street, like they got in an argument somehow and decided to throw down

Roy would wash Bruce. Bruce would get a few kicks in tho

but imagine that one time when he kicks his leg up and counters Bruce right in his DOME
Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #17
...the Nagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
bruce lee fought a bunch of martial arts dudes

bruce lee would probably get him. i dont think it would be a one sided slaughter tho. prime roy jones was an animal. not sure about bruce lees grapple game. it would come down to bruce lees feet.

if he could keep away for A LONG TIME. then bruce lee could probably nitpick him

but i dunno YO

roy jones was one of the nastiest most efficient boxers of all time. im pretty sure he holds the record for NEVER being punched in a whole round of boxing. when he fought vinnie pazienza, vinnie was throwing at air for a whole round, while getting WORKED

roy jones is nasty

if bruce lee is efficient at grappling it could be alot different

but i could see both arguments

roy jones is also a giant compared to bruce lee.
yea, Bruce was only 130 man smh. he would LITERALLY get his head punched off
Old 06-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #18
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Quote:
thats a comment from someone who has no idea what he is talking about to be completely honest. sorry bro but your fucking full of shit.
I've watched the same Bruce Lee films that you have. You must have watched his millions of well documented fights.
EtH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #19
Joe Metts

Battle Record: 14-6

Joe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant futureJoe Metts has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Joe Metts

Dumbest argument ever honestly.

So im out.

But idk who id pick. I know jack shit about bruce lee. Never seen a movie.
Joe Metts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #20
trap.
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...the Munster View Post
no disrespect but chuck norris and kareem aren't 20% of Roy Jones put together

and no, I'm talking about outside in the street, like they got in an argument somehow and decided to throw down

Roy would wash Bruce. Bruce would get a few kicks in tho

but imagine that one time when he kicks his leg up and counters Bruce right in his DOME
I was fucking with you on that Norris / Jabbar shit.

I could see Roy winning every one to two times out of ten that they fought. I'll give Roy that, just because once in a while, he has to get lucky / catch him off guard, especially if this is a street fight.

Here's where we go into all these "what-if's" though..