Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > Art of Writing League Season X > AOWL Season X Archieves
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 05-23-2022, 11:18 PM   #1
Adverse
low tide in serotonin bay

Battle Record: 37-28

Champed
- GWL Picture Challenge
- Guerrilla Writing League
- Black August II

Adverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant futureAdverse has a brilliant future
Default WEEK EIGHT: FRANK (2-1) vs MASTER ROCK (4-3) FRANK WINS 3-0

AOWL Season X WEEK EIGHT

@Master Rock @Frank

Verse Due: FRIDAY MAY 27TH @ 11:59PM

Line min: 10

Max: 40

Rules: http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=150311

Topic:

GOOD LUCK
Old 05-28-2022, 11:01 PM   #2
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Check.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:42 PM   #3
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Poseidon

The crowing of pirates broke the silence like the crows flying out of the closed confinement
The locals of the island: known as Wiseman: lived in this remote environment, since the coast divided
The Pirates unloaded the shoals of fly fish & almost winded up capsized from the oceans over-suppliage
The net opened wide & swallowed the whole island, holding the shoals of fly fish inside ropes of surprisement
Seagulls dove and glided, as the foam subsided… the boat rided out on the corrosive tide
And they controlled the strident shoals from diving further into the deep blue seas molted Zion
Nets thrown by pirates, molded the shoals of fly fish, the ocean provided enough fish to feed a whole pirate: bloated their diet
The pirate’s boat floated migrant onto the lonesome island, it slowly grinded a long the shore line, eroding with refinement
The shoals of the fly fish rose out of the water to show us and guide us to the unpatrollable mines troving with diamonds
According to the local Wiseman
The caves were glowing with Pyrite, Lava Stone’s, Kyanite & Rhodochrosite
Gold in their eyesight: gold in their smiles, gold in their hindsight: the golden horizon made their faces glow with excitement
According to the chaperoning Hawaiians: if you go beyond the Mangroves and Cypress, past the foothill emboldened in high cliffs
And Parrots: past the guano pilings, past the road that widens, there is, where you will find the Hope Diamond…
The boatmen guided the hopeless pirates, who, ignored their bestowed advisement, insistent on going to find it
The waves became opposing and violent, churning, around the insociable islet, unapproachable and gyrant
The tumultuous fly fish poured into the boat, spiraling into their noses, spinning out of control, like an oceanic riot
The Pirates toes were opening hybrid, trying to gather their composure, while dying, to breathe, in, between, the, moments of dryness
The ocean frightened the locals of the island from going to find the Hope Diamond, because they were convinced that they were
Watched over by tyrants
The ultraviolet rays showed their brightness, from above the surface, through the troublesome current: exposing their iris
The Pirates continued to drown in the cold, iciness, of the undertow, defiant, flailing, their, arms, like, shoals of the fly fish
Like a choking heimlich, the tallest wave crashed down and the boat divided, throwing the pirates overboard into the frozen climate
According to the local Wiseman
The tall tales, weren’t hoaxes prescribed to keep them from poaching their island; they were for their own good, for their own enlightenment
Like an old tire, The Pirates sunk below, just trying to breathe, minus degrees, oxygen, low on its mileage
The cutthroat pirates found themselves being trolled through the oceans island like the saliva from an opened hydrant
The pirates motioned to the Wiseman, who, had, told, them, that, trying to find the coastal diamond was like atonement, excilement
The local Wiseman’s foreboding demise meant that from Poland to Thailand, Moldova to Iran
“The stories were true.” According to the boatmen and pilots, there is something “steadily lurking in the deepest zones of this island.”
An emotionless pirate held his breath, chest: closing and tightened, his breath, postponed and heightened
Blue in the face

The Pirate came across the glowing mine and became so delighted, it, revolted & binded, before he could stow the diamonds
Devoted and tireless, the moping pirate swam, around, like, a shoal of fly fish
What he saw, he couldn’t emote or describe:
Poking and prying: he was smoldered and blinded
The bubbles a long the coast line provided clues for the local Wiseman, each bubble was loaded with ions
Without any ennobled alliance, the lonesome pirate was forced to face the droning titan, awoken by lightning
Flare gun in his holster, firing the flare until the hole ignited, exploding mindless—
The poaching pirate froze, eyeless, as the ocean confided in the boasting pirate; patch on, one, eye, sewed to alignment
The dozing goliath: sized up, the unimposing pirate, with a stoic shyness and a focus of kindness that evoked tininess
As the local Wiseman's—
Motors livened
Sleeping amongst a shoal of fly fish in the inner coastal highlands, in the unprovoked tide
The local Wiseman's focus widened further than the telescope of the pirates by standing on the shoulders of their heroic giants
The local Wiseman referred to their oceans highness only as
“Poseidon“
The encroaching pirate, got up, so close, he could've wiped the coal from its eyelid

Old 05-29-2022, 11:01 PM   #4
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

I question why I was conceived into these times?
rudimentary the spotlight center stage design, the monkeyshines
so brightly as I tap into the wonderment of an android's dream
this dystopian future is a clique till it stings
we are blinded by rays of the remnants of utopia wings
I see you through their flaws, replicants, I stomp you under my heel as I see you crawl
I traveled through the space and understand the times to where I fall
through multiplied dimensions see the hourglass themes
I dined on stars as the dust separates into galaxies
I glance up and witnessed a colossal being reaching out to grasp at me
I awake with a cold sweat, check my pulse, check
thrown into the G-Force of godspeed at break necks
twisting my atoms, the advent is rising
the ai program is learning, surmising
relatively speaking relativity, I'm here as a light
as darkness is devouring the world's sight
to see the age of apocalypse formed
to preserve the peace of mind, the ai dreams and overloads its storms
these giant beasts were bred and born
contradicting the purpose of its an original form
humanity reflects on itself scorned
by decisions backfire they drop and roll
but the titans take control
back to the future, I'm sent
David versus Goliath I vent
breathing deeply I stare the demon in the eye
ready to sling my weapon smack dab in between the eye
I watch it fall and realize the great divide
when men and giants collide

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz

Last edited by Master Rock; 05-30-2022 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2022, 07:45 AM   #5
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Wow , just wow

Frank- in all my years doing topicals, all the hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of verses I’ve read , by so many all time greats, I think this is my favorite of all time. And it’s 2022. That’s mind boggling. You kept a string of rhymes going for 40 lines. I never thought that was possible and the way you did it was ingenious. The rhyme scheme was vicious. The story was enthralling. The ending was strong. Just wow. Hall of fame caliber stuff. Now don’t think for a second that all this praise means that I won’t beat tf out of you if we meet later on this season.

Master Rock - I was impressed. You came with a good verse. I don’t think I ever read anything from you , and of all the people in the league that I’m not familiar with you seem to be the best. But at the end of the day a regular strong verse wasn’t beating what frank posted. Not even close. But I do look forward to reading more from you.

Mvgt - Francis

Last edited by Mike Wrecka; 05-30-2022 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-30-2022, 08:27 AM   #6
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

@Frank
You damn near killed everyone with the rhyme schemes, that was your stongest point, the only complain is the repeating of phrases, otherwise this was fucking fire and you keep me entertained throughout the whole piece and I never got bored reading it, I still hate the panning you do it throws me off sometimes.
@Master Rock
You keep it short and the lines was easier to follow than your opponents, not neccesarly better just easier to read, nothing really resonated with me as a reader and I'm left with kind of a "whatever" reaction, your oponnents was able to pull me into his more.

That's why I'm voting for frank, he pulled me in with the rhyme schemes alone.
V/FRANK
Old 05-30-2022, 12:51 PM   #7
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Cool battle I liked rocks dystopia/utopia take. Ai dreams is a nice rabbit hole. Solid showing and mostly a pretty clean verse, I dug it. Looking forward to more from u brother

Frank was cool nice scheme, dope flow. Really pulls u in with the verbiage, even if half of its made up, u should join Merriam-Webster as a word creator. Was a dope verse though, Poseidon? Didn’t See that one coming

V Frank