Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > Art of Writing League Season X > AOWL Season X Archieves
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 04-30-2022, 04:56 PM   #101
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Will vote tonight.

@Frank: I never read my opponents verses before posting, I actually haven't read his verse yet. Reading the votes now tho to see what people thought. I'm interested to see where what you're saying is coming from when I'll read his submission later on. The influence for Dahab/Egypt is as easy as that I've been there and it's easier describing something you've seen. Won't say anything more until votes are in regarding anything else tho.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o

Last edited by Objective; 04-30-2022 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:39 PM   #102
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

@Adverse

http://www.netcees.org/showthread.php?t=87143

can you copy and paste this into a thread and stick it ?

have a supermod copy the actual stats so you can repost them

Last edited by Frank; 04-30-2022 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:48 PM   #103
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Man, Certain was fucking autistic with that shit. In the best possible way. Love that guy.
@Candy can you still write like you did back then? And are choosing not to for… reasons? Did something happen to you in the last decade?
Old 04-30-2022, 06:55 PM   #104
Eviction
Detained

Battle Record: 16-11

Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction Eviction

I can’t believe people got the hidding message in my verse fucking genius
Old 04-30-2022, 07:03 PM   #105
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank
Overall, I probably will not breakdown battles, like this, again, unless I feel absolutely compelled to, because I don't want to spend more time critiquing their verses, than they spent writing them. All in all, I could easily come up with a generic, thoughtless vote without explaining (mentioning superficial shit) and I could easily dismiss these guys efforts, as, utter rubbish, but, that wouldn't help anyone, including myself, and especially, and certainly wouldn't help out the league.
After reading some of the votes of my own battle, I could imagine how someone would feel apathetic continuing just to be subjected to mindless shallow minded critique: that doesn't encourage or inspire the writers or voters to continue to get better and elevate. Even on this battle, the voters haven't been constructive or analytical enough. The voters prior to my vote, were just going through the motions, and it didn't do themselves, yourself, or anyone else any justice. Unfortunately, that's the case with 64 plus line epic verses, its usually a case of voters having to enjoy vs endure.

I agree. And I’m revising my opinion on having 100 line verses in any match in the league for this reason. I like reading a well written long verse, but I don’t like having to write out why I think one is better than the other in a way that gives the writers an appropriate level of feedback. I’m unsatisfied with all the votes I cast this week. I read the verses I voted on multiple times and made a considered choice, but the time it takes to write out all those thoughts and really break down a couple verses like you did isn’t feasible if we want to get multiple votes in over the course of a couple of days to keep the league moving.

My new position is that verses should be capped at 40 lines. 60 for champ matches.
Old 04-30-2022, 07:12 PM   #106
Universe
Everything's Connected

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- Guerrilla Writing League(2x)
- GWL Picture challenge(2x)
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

@Frank

http://youtube.com/shorts/z5C-6mrrXI8?feature=share
Old 04-30-2022, 08:07 PM   #107
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Universe has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant futureUniverse has a brilliant future

@everyone

Old 04-30-2022, 08:14 PM   #108
Candy
Sell Her

Battle Record: 1-3

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
Man, Certain was fucking autistic with that shit. In the best possible way. Love that guy.
@Candy can you still write like you did back then? And are choosing not to for… reasons? Did something happen to you in the last decade?
yeh you can see the change like when i wrote like that i would research nearly a reference in every bar and cross check with thesaurus and dictionary.. even urban dictionaries to get the modern slang correct..

then like a couple season after and back from what you read to today.. i dropped the reference and went pure imagination just to see if i had an endless quill.. but then it was like not only that i want to drop format so i could see if i had my own writers voice like you guys were saying i had.. so i lost a few votes and wins but was freer in thinking, story telling and as an artist in general...

now its like you be what you consider original long enough you start getting recognized.. i was listed in australias hip hop artsists lists.. strangers started calling me when i was in the middle of writing and shit, then some cats would even point at you when your out eating and working on your lap top just to talk and so I would have to incorporate their story into the stories..

where its like though prior they were loosely based on the truth, the true parts of peoples lives were easy to make it correct to them, now its like 100k following even after you clear all that you got the actual voters then you got your opponent - the host and yourself plus you need one extra person to incorporate to expect for any extra fillers...

but saying that there is a huge difference,
the difference is i started writings sagas where its like if your not following the full representation of the words i use "after surpassing english/and only using how i spell and pronounce" i would try and break format every time so it was either one or the other so its hard to keep track because i was honestly all over the place intentionally - but like your saying the change is in a negative tone just this month i reach world wide hip hop news just off one or two pieces so its worken its just your matter of style..

but like i said your not wrong its just im constantly looking to break what would be the norm - and i look at art as having no answer and making no sense so its still a compliment being in these verse just to get even one opion.. i mean you can always flip it into the official fan base areas and get some interest yeow mean

oohhh last weeks verse was a dedication to "the kingdom of generations" they wrote my name in cement write outside their school gates and then every time i entered one of their clothing shops they 100% recognized me for my character so i was like aite.. i gotchu.. so i just do shit like that now very rarely do just like get to the topic and think what is the most wicked/twisted story i can flip and just bust out with every reference you can find so its this well balanced and professional piece - more a personal piece
Old 04-30-2022, 08:18 PM   #109
Candy
Sell Her

Candy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant futureCandy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post
lmao bwahha what an idiot
Old 04-30-2022, 08:31 PM   #110
Candy
Sell Her

il go with 40 - 40's clean
Old 04-30-2022, 09:47 PM   #111
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
I agree. And I’m revising my opinion on having 100 line verses in any match in the league for this reason. I like reading a well written long verse, but I don’t like having to write out why I think one is better than the other in a way that gives the writers an appropriate level of feedback. I’m unsatisfied with all the votes I cast this week. I read the verses I voted on multiple times and made a considered choice, but the time it takes to write out all those thoughts and really break down a couple verses like you did isn’t feasible if we want to get multiple votes in over the course of a couple of days to keep the league moving.

My new position is that verses should be capped at 40 lines. 60 for champ matches.
Agreed 40 is perfect. 60 is worse than death bc you’re reading 60*6 minimum for 3 battles that’s 360 lines. I graduated AP English in 2006 I’m not trying to repeat that
Old 04-30-2022, 09:50 PM   #112
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

Let the next verses be due Friday or Saturday Night! Seriously!!!
Please!

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 04-30-2022, 09:55 PM   #113
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSPITZ View Post
Agreed 40 is perfect. 60 is worse than death bc you’re reading 60*6 minimum for 3 battles that’s 360 lines. I graduated AP English in 2006 I’m not trying to repeat that
I know Universe wants to write more but is there anyone else that’d be unhappy about changing the limit to 40? Should we take a poll?
Old 04-30-2022, 09:57 PM   #114
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

40 on deck!

Old 04-30-2022, 09:57 PM   #115
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

if a brother goes over by a tad no biggie.

Old 04-30-2022, 10:04 PM   #116
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Rock View Post
if a brother goes over by a tad no biggie.
Define tad... lol.

Guys, I'm only here cuz the limit got switched to 100 max. I don't write topicals anymore... I write movies. If you all wanna do 40-60 then I'll step aside and just keep voting and keeping things moving along.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:09 PM   #117
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Define tad... lol.

Guys, I'm only here cuz the limit got switched to 100 max. I don't write topicals anymore... I write movies. If you all wanna do 40-60 then I'll step aside and just keep voting and keeping things moving along.
Ok so what if everybody else did 40 but whoever battles universe gets to go 100…bet everybody would be cool with that. Compromise & shyt
Old 04-30-2022, 10:19 PM   #118
Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena

Quote:
Define tad... lol.

Can’t you just do like… one scene per week or something? There’s an ultimate project X challenge for you: each week you incorporate the topic into the same movie that you keep writing the whole season long. But each installment is 40-60 lines.
Old 04-30-2022, 11:15 PM   #119
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Champed
- Write Night II

Quote:
Can’t you just do like… one scene per week or something? There’s an ultimate project X challenge for you: each week you incorporate the topic into the same movie that you keep writing the whole season long. But each installment is 40-60 lines.
This makes perfect sense but most people’s minds are made up and you can’t change them (like old people). Bet universe can’t see the genius in your idea. Cognitive dissonance…
Old 04-30-2022, 11:33 PM   #120
Universe
Everything's Connected

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Can't see the genius? Anyone wanna inform these guys of my GWL run? I told interconnecting stories every week, each one continuing from the last. They were literally chapters forming an overarching narrative.

I'm so ahead you guys think I'm behind... ugh.