Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 5 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 08-12-2015, 03:05 AM   #81
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Its ironic because in the Martyrs league I was going to no show but we had the extension then too..
we were in the semi's...

lets just say Karma smiled on you for not gracing me a limit
Old 08-12-2015, 03:06 AM   #82
asylum

Battle Record: 7-5

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
I had something but I overwrote it...

I rather have it fair & not drop 30+ lines...he deserves the win

its only week 4 anyway what do I care :)
... brah just redact the best parts and drop that shit so we have to vote for him and get some of both anyways. lol. I want to read that shit anyways pm me it.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:07 AM   #83
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

I wasn't matched with you in the semi's. I forgot who you had. Lol at asylum.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:18 AM   #84
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Oh I meant Razah...Id send it but once its off the screen it dwells in the depths of my mind forgotten until I need a line I liked from it...

I prefer to be limited & restrained it challenges me to fit as much in as possible
if I dropped what I had it would have been an over stretched piece like my finals verse
the flow needs to be perfect otherwise it kills the story :(

What I had was decent though...
Old 08-12-2015, 03:22 AM   #85
asylum

asylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant futureasylum has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
Oh I meant Razah...Id send it but once its off the screen it dwells in the depths of my mind forgotten until I need a line I liked from it...

I prefer to be limited & restrained it challenges me to fit as much in as possible
if I dropped what I had it would have been an over stretched piece like my finals verse
the flow needs to be perfect otherwise it kills the story :(

What I had was decent though...
stop dangling the carrot. drop it like it's hawt

*chicken head bobble
Old 08-12-2015, 03:25 AM   #86
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Nah I exceeded the time limit...get those votes in brah

I'll come with some fire next week to redeem this week
Old 08-12-2015, 03:27 AM   #87
asylum

I dropped straight dirt this whole season so don't even trip bro I'm just fucking around.
happy to be back in the game here. that was a long break for me.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:35 AM   #88
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

I tend to kick up dust and if a gem is there I build on it...
I had another verse that took the quote & turned it into the Anakin/Tusken Raiders massacre
but the end of the quote fucked up my mojo so I was like nahhh
the verse I had just now was on some unforgiving mother earth type shit
if I could squeeze it into 16 lines I would but I went overboard so that was like ehhh
I was going to take the safe route and just do a western story but figured that would be lame
Old 08-12-2015, 04:03 AM   #89
asylum

nothings wrong with tumble weeds and humble deeds
stories that numb our dreams from the dumb we see on the day to day
in every way, it's an expansion of the minds vocab
when we throw a drab drape over the facts and make it shine
it's words that intertwine with our souls, revealing the mold of time
our own design we flow in lines that blows some minds
fuck perfection. my best complexions in my texts imperfections
and I hold it true
and I mold my view, with every topical taken
every obstacle made in my life's one the mind can succumb to
and the guitars strum in tune with the tune my mind's overrun by
overcome by the high tide, we drown in the tidepool
next to crabs, squid and starfish melting in our time's spool
I find fuel. the minds a jewel, impaled by a thousand prodding stakes
trying to take over a fictional point in time as their home, their place.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #90
Razah
rockkFresh

Battle Record: 8-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

I'll get my votes in a little later, during some down time at work.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:33 AM   #91
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

I'm absurd, rhymin' words like time & work
a couple hours short without enough time to work
timing works..depending on what you're riding first
cosign a nerd & keep my martini dry...ya herb
I'm deterred, tokyo drift ya boy likes to swerve
it binds my nerves, deep down it excites my blurb
to be confined to verse while y'all bitches try to twerk
a punchline just might leave Mike Tyson hurt...
I dislike the earth but I choose to shovel all types of dirt
sprinkle sanity in a vanity plate & ignite my worth
huh...I'm high off of words reflecting on weird obsessions
stare into a room full of glass knowing it's a mere reflection
I spent years detesting those who fear progression..
so much that it seems a little weird to step in...
Old 08-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #92
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Champed
- Art of Writing League

y'all really didn't want to write this week did you?
maaan I feel shitty for not dropping now, if I knew half the league wasn't going to show I'd have dropped
regardless I don't think giving everyone until Tuesday to drop a verse is worth the hassle
keep the schedule as is and don't change it, the point of being in this league is to grow as a writer
to expand your mind & to challenge you to do what your opponent does...

that's why I didn't drop, it's easy to write up to 4 to 5 verses for me
that's why I was signed up in the NBL & that other tourney, I love to write
but y'all making me want to drop out of the league now...doesn't matter whose signed in
if dudes don't show then it's just a waste of time on my part...I'm just gonna go flood the OM if dudes don't shape up
Old 08-12-2015, 12:00 PM   #93
Razah
rockkFresh

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

I hate to write.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #94
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

@Ullr thanks for the match bro.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #95
asylum

seein rjd2 tonight. yass

seven bucks at the observatory for you socal heads.

EDIT it says week 2 on my battle. ?

Last edited by asylum; 08-12-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:52 PM   #96
Ullr
Norse God

Battle Record: 5-6

Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr Ullr

Thank you as well Inno - I can't help but chuckle at the fact that we are battling twice in one single week - once as revolutionaries and once more as shepherds hahah

I'm looking forward to sitting down and writing for that verse - it sounds like a lot of fun to explore. :)
Old 08-12-2015, 04:10 PM   #97
UnbornBuddha

Battle Record: 23-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League
- AOWL Season 5

UnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant futureUnbornBuddha has a brilliant future

Dang, a lot of people no showed. Sigh...

I also wanted to face Zinaii, since Nigma stated he was a champion in another tourney on another site. Oh well.

Last edited by UnbornBuddha; 08-12-2015 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #98
Razah
rockkFresh

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Does Nigma go by any other names??

The verse he wrote was real familiar, not the actual verse but, the way he wrote it.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:13 PM   #99
Split Eight
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Record: 3-5

Champed
- Haiku Writers Challenge

Split Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond reputeSplit Eight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum View Post
seein rjd2 tonight. yass

seven bucks at the observatory for you socal heads.

EDIT it says week 2 on my battle. ?
Damn

This girl I was trying to hook up with for mad long just broke it to me that she got a boyfriend, and he took her to RJD2 at Paradise Rock Club in Boston

shit damn near broke my soul on two levels, she's at least a full point above me on the hotness scale & i thought I was gonna lock it down, and I also love RJD2

when I write, lately, I feel as if I begin by stringing together ambient ideas and concepts, then i realize I'm just typing the words coffee, tawdry, and autumn over and over and over, again, then I pass out dru-
Old 08-12-2015, 08:20 PM   #100
asylum

im sorry to hear that bro. get yourself a dating app, nothing gets your mind off a woman like a different woman. and rjd2 will come back around sooner or later =)