Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Summer Classic IX > SC9 Archives

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 10:04 PM   #1
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Allen Knight vs Veritas[OPEN]

Summer Classic VII

Rules

• Due Dates:
    Verses are due FRIDAY,
    June 28th, 2019 @ 11:59 PM PST.
    Check Ins are due SUNDAY, June 22 , 2019 @ 11:59 PM PST
    Voting ends SUNDAY, June 30th, 11:59 PM PST.

Battles that lack votes may close later.
    One sided battles may get closed early.
    Extensions are normally 24 hours
    (unless requested otherwise, that is),
    can be no longer than 48 hours
    and have to be granted by your opponent.

Line Limit:
    Min. = 10 lines
    Max. = 16 lines
    The max. can be higher if different is agreed upon by both. If no line agreement is made you CANNOT go above 16 lines

General Rules:
    1st person to post can't edit after the 2nd person posts.
    2nd person to post can't edit after a vote has been made.
    Feeding = DQ.
    Recycling = DQ.
    Biting = DQ.
    No freeposting, swaying or bitching.
    Unless a picture battle is agreed upon,
    linking to your opponent's picture or posting it
    means you will disqualified.
    A check in IS mandatory.
    Competitors should agree on a line limit in their check in.
    If no line limit is agreed on, then the 2nd person to post
    must match the 1st person's line amount.

@Allen Knight vs @veritas

Last edited by Inno; 06-30-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
Allen Knight
The Bad Guys.

Battle Record: 106-34

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Key to Greatness I
- BA Cypher Tournament
- Tag Team Tournament I
- Fight Night LXXVI
- Time to Kill V
- Fight Night LXXX
- 1-2 Punch League
- Fight Night Cypher II
- Key Grand Prix IV
- NBL Cypher (7x)
- Throwdown Cypher
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- BA Cypher III
- Fight Night 1
- Tag Team Tournament V

Allen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Check, goin 10.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:17 PM   #3
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Check
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:43 PM   #4
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

Let's go fifty lines, cool?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:43 PM   #5
veritas
HALL OF FAME

I’m deceased at the moment and momentarily for you thinking you were going to bury
Because these choppers rip you like two honey badgers just let out that Pet Cemetery
Haymakers on deck like Little Mac and pushing select on the controller, I drop Tyson
So what I do to a chump who is gassed-up and dick rode like the group Allen Knights in?
Hand to hand: I Muay Thai clench your neck then fracture your cervical and thoracic ladder
Mind to mind: I bend space and time and leave your brain warped until it’s no longer classed as matter
Atom smasher or trash compactor its all the same with the likes of you
You wouldn’t be sick swimming in pig shit while smoking on swine flu
I transcend whatever you pen, I battle the very concept of battling, Allen.
I bring this art to the next level, you only contribute to its shallowing, Allen

Old 06-28-2019, 11:15 PM   #6
Chamber
The conquer.

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Fight Night 8
- Fight Night 9

Chamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant futureChamber has a brilliant future

faggot ur crib'll get lit...
w/ hollows from mercenaries, they'll scoop the evidence from a hit strong
uzi's droppin shells, got the crew pickin up cases like everyone 69 snitched on
pussy u ain't makin it past rd1 w/ ya bars bitch, u'll get scared quick
ur spot in the tourney sucha End Game, it'll look like Tony Starks script
get my gonnies to kidnap ya, this bastard is a punk
u aint no Keebler Elf but i'll put this faggot ass cracker ina trunk
one verse u ok next ur trash, man this fucks a clown
we all kno Variable shittin w/ the bars his shit is always goin up & down
gotta hattori hanzo sharpened, 2 strikes wreckin ya ways
he'll be a faggot dressed for a funeral after i slash V-neck w/ the blade
Old 06-29-2019, 12:31 AM   #7
Sinacog
Satan

Battle Record: 4-25

Sinacog has a brilliant futureSinacog has a brilliant futureSinacog has a brilliant futureSinacog has a brilliant futureSinacog has a brilliant futureSinacog has a brilliant futureSinacog has a brilliant futureSinacog has a brilliant futureSinacog has a brilliant futureSinacog has a brilliant futureSinacog has a brilliant future

Veritas -

Compact drop; fully equipped with nice punchlines; and good rhyming. You have a lot of comedy lines; and they work. I quite enjoyed this written verse for it's quality and merit. It was a enjoyable read. Good work on this verse. A lot of good lines here.

Allen Knight -

Good verse; you're a good punchline writer; and you have a lot of good writing merit. I enjoy your punchline rhyming; and good form in a lot of your rhyming. You're good in ways. Nice work.

Overall -

Good battle here; I have Veritas winning for his quality verse. Nice one.

V/ Veritas
Old 06-29-2019, 12:37 AM   #8
slecht
Twitter: @ricanjq

Battle Record: 4-12

Champed
- 1-2 Punch league

slecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant futureslecht has a brilliant future

Mind to mind: I bend space and time and leave your brain warped until it’s no longer classed as matter
I bring this art to the next level, you only contribute to its shallowing, Allen

vs

nice battle here. Very close. closer than I thought tbh..

going with verita, based on suprised factor. Allen Knight will always be good with the punches but I think V's concepts edged it here.

vote - V
Old 06-29-2019, 01:48 AM   #9
Crash Carson
Wreckin em

Battle Record: 0-1

Crash Carson Crash Carson Crash Carson Crash Carson Crash Carson Crash Carson Crash Carson Crash Carson Crash Carson Crash Carson Crash Carson

Veritas - the bury line worked for the set up, but it was worded a little odd to me. But a little inner momentarily/going to bury was good. I feel like it should've worked into with pet cemetary the same but it was a good punch still. RIP you like zombie honey badgers was pretty good concept work. Overall a good opening bar.
Ok super punch out I haven't played since a kid, so I'm not very familiar with what select does, but I'll assume it opens a character menu for tyson. More like a swag punch I guess and select/deck makes pretty solid. I dont know about Allen knights group. I read it with an inner of do/group around inner of chump/gassed up.so it I could drop tyson imagine what I could do to you.
A muay thai clinch is your hand in hand around the neck. Pretty cool. Ufc bars, I like it. Jon Jones gonna win tomorrow. Then you went mind to mind. I liked the breakdown concept with mind/body. Then to break down the mind to not be matter or space in time. It's not typical punch set up thing but I'm not a typical battle voter I know my shit and that was a nice bar. It flowed good and dint need inners or wordplays and still was dope which makes it doper to me.
Next, your inner lead is good, so hes microscopic to you, and garbage, and you'll crush him. Cool. The you ain't sick follow up was pretty good. If you would've said alias swine it could've been a 3 little pigs and you could've been the big bad wolf.
I'm gonna be honest, I didn't really enjoy the last bar a whole lot. It's ok but the shallowing/level and battling battle to transcend was a good concept and it was tied together but that's about it. Kind of sensei vibe and I like the idea of it otherwise.
Overall solid.
Chamber - so opening bar was pretty good. The picking up cases was good shells/charges. 69 use was cool. Overall the opening line could've been a little better set up, but maybe I'm missing something because I'm not very familiar with the specifics of his crew or the whole story. Decent punch though.
You know what rhymes with spoiler alert? This boy is a jerk.
Anyway I liked the way you had a flow to toy with the words.
Scared should be scarred, btw. Some people would act like you're dumb cuz they're dumb or just act like your dumb cuz they feel like it. But hey I get it. Anyway the a avenger reference wasn't bad but overall these two lines were great flow with decent punch but could've been a little more I think.
I assume its goonies, tied with kid bastard and punk. Decent concept set up I'd say. But that keebler elf cracker line idk. Cracker in a trunk decent multi but the punch pretty weak
So the variable I'm just gonna assume is veri' bullshitting which would make a good name flip imo. Variables vary go up and down. And the set up alluded to that very concept so far I'd say the most solid bar this drop.
The last bar didn't have a whole lot for me. Vneck was ok.
Overall decent.

Vote - veritas
Old 06-29-2019, 09:17 AM   #10
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

I’m deceased at the moment and momentarily for you thinking you were going to bury
Because these choppers rip you like two honey badgers just let out that Pet Cemetery

would like to see the incorporation of multis somewhere. the bar has an aggressive feel to it, but it's more of a metaphor to be taken at face value, would prefer to see some kind of double entendre

Haymakers on deck like Little Mac and pushing select on the controller, I drop Tyson
So what I do to a chump who is gassed-up and dick rode like the group Allen Knights in?

technically a multi, but could be expanded more. You're kind asking what you're supposed to do, which doesn't feel like it's as aggressive as just telling us what you're going to do. Also would like a double entendre

Hand to hand: I Muay Thai clench your neck then fracture your cervical and thoracic ladder

this bar just feels too abstract and weird to me. You could probably do something more with it, such as the double meaning in "matter" which isn't super original or fresh, but at least it'd be something

this bar is a little gross to me, but out of all of your bars I think it's the one that best reflects the direction I'd like to see you move in. There's a double interpretation and the usual "set-up" followed by a "punchline" format. Only really issue with it is the "sick" wordplay was incredibly outdated by like 2003. Still, this is your best bar and you should build off this approach imo

the "battle the very concept of battling" made me lol a bit, especially given your therapist gimmick. I'm okay with having humorous set-up lines, so I could probably get down with that. The closing punch just needed more.

cool opener, i like the reference. Just the image of people walking around and picking up cases after shooting seems a bit farfetched to me

a bit simple and I havent been watching as many live battles as I used to but i feel like avenger/comic book bars have to be kinda played out

I liked this more than most people probably did. I thought it was creative

saying shit twice is a bit redundant. the wp had potential but i wasnt really feeling the execution

ok closer

I've seen AK drop better, but it was still a solid showing. I don't think this match was remotely close enough to be debatable, though. He was the only one who really demonstrated having a grasp on executing punchlines, executing multis, his flow was a bit smoother, and his wording was more efficient. Overall, he takes all cats hands down

v/ Chamber

Last edited by Answer; 06-30-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:33 AM   #11
Aero
GOAT

Battle Record: 14-17

Champed
- Site Diss Competition
- Tag Tournament III
- Lyric Olympics
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero Aero

Veritas:

ok
nah
nice
you can smoke swine flu?
ok

Allen:

lol nice
predictable
ok
no
coolish

69 was LOTB and I think the only one I really liked from either.

MVGT: Allen

Old 06-30-2019, 10:28 AM   #12
John Dillinger

Battle Record: 8-7

Accomplishments
-NBL Pic Roast

Champed
-Netcees Writers League

John Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant futureJohn Dillinger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post

Funny
Eh ok but more of a diss to Knight's "group" (?) Cool sounding bar though fwiw
Cool
Nahh
Funny but not a harsh bar. Just funny from how goofy it reads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamber View Post

I digg this
Cool
Simple but not bad here
Ok

Nahh
Both were cool I thought Allen had the harsher verse tho

v/Allen
Old 06-30-2019, 01:25 PM   #13
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

honestly, V's one of like 3 people who could pull this off to me. It's funny enough, but having heard his voice, it fits
I'm thinking these 4 all work together because the first two read like they're leading into something. If I'm wrong, those first two are a little lacking in harshness. If I'm right, I like the hand to hand/mind to mind concept in execution. The gamble with something like this though is its flashy, but it's less space for the punchlines that are made more effective by this
this is just too corny to me. I know v can pull off humor but I've seen enough 'sick' concepts in songs, battles, whatever, that really minimize the humor to me
I understand how this bar is half bar for Allen with a nice concept and half trap for voters - if you don't like it, you're probably also contributing to its shallowing - and don't know if it comes off hugely for me because there's some mechanical issues. 'battling, Allen' /'shallowing, Allen' only really rhymes in the sense that it's the exact syllables. I think if word before Allen fully rhymes, this bar has a lot more impact

I wanna see more from veritas in general. Fact is, he avoids copying the guys who do it well, but there's a reason peopleime Allen get copied so much in the first place

Faggot ur crib'll get lit...
solid
'spot in the tourney sucha End Game' is mad awkward to me so it's too obvious where ths bar is going for it to really land
light, but still funny
little too awkward to really hit for me
this is okay

This was actually a fun read. Good to see an Allen Knight verse again, and I think Veritas really took on his opponent his own way. I'm a fan of meta and very real punches, but his verse did get weighed down by some corny parts and clunky wording at times. Allen didn't really go too hard here, his opener being his best line followed by some inconsistent punches. He didn't really capitalize on the 4 vs 5 punches here but because some of those were too weak, but V's best part to me was line 3-6, which was great conceptually, had all the makings of giving his verse an arc, but was followed up by a 'sick' flip that really put the brakes on that momentum for me.

Enjoyed the read guys

V/Allen
Old 06-30-2019, 08:33 PM   #14
BodySnatcher
Hail Mary Haymakers

Battle Record: 17-7

Champed
- BAL Roast
- Battle Arena League
- BAL Season Champ

BodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant futureBodySnatcher has a brilliant future

Vote AK
Old 07-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #15
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post

lol nah I cant really fuck with this

better suited to a live battle but this was still fire af to me

this is played on multiple levels....firstly I don't even think swine flu exists any longer? ...but away from the played aspect...I don't think one can smoke the illness?

v style definitely lends itself to a live battle format...flow and repetition here were fly and the content matter is elegantly emphasized by the fact that this is a next level approach to the mundane and tired text style that Allen and the majority of writers here continue to employ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamber View Post

this is fire

trash....that's not even what end game really even means regardless of the painfully predictable nature of this lame flip

Keebler elves bake cookies and even if they did bake crackers what would be so faggoty about them? I guess put this cracker in a trunk is still pretty dope conceptually but wording needs effort here.

horrendous wordplay

played and piss poor wording ta boot
I realllllllly wanna give this to v just because the verse was so much more enjoyable from an actual battling perspective and the fresh approach amidst a time when text is more stale than it has ever been but id be fronting if I slept on that 69 bar and cracker in a trunk had potential.

v allen

but it would be rejuvenating for this hobby to read more verse where people actually had their own style like V had here.... people more concerned with conforming to the norm to garner votes than to write with their own style has this hobby in critical condition. reading and voting on battles would be a lot more fun and rewarding if we weren't reading one style over and over and over...............
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #16
Ryno
Retired

Battle Record: 12-10

Ryno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant futureRyno has a brilliant future

I dig Vs opener. Liked the descriptions & ideas though they weren’t very harsh. AKs opener
was pretty tight ass well. Probably my fav bar of the battle between the two. I’ll have to go bar vs bar on this one & I’m leaning alil more towards Allen. Resonated more, hit harder.

V/AK
Closed Thread