Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 08-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #21
God Of War
The Landlord

Battle Record: 12-10

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode View Post
let me know how you plan on doing that

bbcode can take a param var but the rss feed offers the link tag in a different format than the embed vid URL

the param is in the link but you need some mid-step in php to parse out the param from rss then embed it in bbcode param for wshh
I think im going to try to write a mod that will do it because I hate doing it manually. im sure not many people would use it but fuck it..id rather take some hours to do that then constantly edit the shit manually
God Of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #22
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

well if you're proficient in php it's fairly simple. i just don't have the time and/or user base to justify doing anything more than that hack of the RSS to Articles module i dug up. i got it working and i added the WSHH bbcode but like i said..

WSHH bbcode works like the old vb3 youtube bbcode - takes the video param and parses it into the embed HTML. theoretically, one could take the v= from the RSS feed, have a php module pull the v=part out, and parse it automatically into WSHH bbcode param var for posting.

i wish the fuckers at WSHH just gave an alternate RSS feed that uses the embed code for the link RSS tag instead of a link to their shitty page.. especially since WSHH killed everything off except for videos. they will be dead in a year anyhow :(
Diode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #23
God Of War
The Landlord

God Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant futureGod Of War has a brilliant future

Quote:
well if you're proficient in php it's fairly simple. i just don't have the time and/or user base to justify doing anything more than that hack of the RSS to Articles module i dug up. i got it working and i added the WSHH bbcode but like i said..

WSHH bbcode works like the old vb3 youtube bbcode - takes the video param and parses it into the embed HTML. theoretically, one could take the v= from the RSS feed, have a php module pull the v=part out, and parse it automatically into WSHH bbcode param var for posting.

i wish the fuckers at WSHH just gave an alternate RSS feed that uses the embed code for the link RSS tag instead of a link to their shitty page.. especially since WSHH killed everything off except for videos. they will be dead in a year anyhow :(

my issue is the rss feed is wanting to post stories to form dont flop n url so i got to add that into the mod or itd throw an error trying to grab the video
Old 08-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #24
Diode
PR's Finest

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

we should just get WSHH to accept that their site is a video portal now and their feed should be sending the embed URL for the RSS link tag and not a link to their dumb php page with the video on it.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #25
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
we should just get WSHH to accept that their site is a video portal now and their feed should be sending the embed URL for the RSS link tag and not a link to their dumb php page with the video on it.
here is the kotd feed link if uw ant it

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/u...TheDot/uploads
Old 08-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #26
Diode
PR's Finest

the hell is that? proprietary youtube feed? that's not RSS.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #27
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
the hell is that? proprietary youtube feed? that's not RSS.
still posts the videos much easier kotd dont have rss
Old 08-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #28
Diode
PR's Finest

what are you plugging that into?
Old 08-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #29
God Of War
The Landlord

@Diode do it the same way u do the rss feed go look in the battle videos forum on this site and see the kotd section u will see it posts strictly vid and i have

this in the body template instead of the one they post

{feed:description}

[u rl]{feed:link}[/u rl]
Old 08-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #30
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

netcee's has the coolest black ppl, man. usually they annoy me.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #31
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
what are you plugging that into?
same thing works for dontflop
or any utube channel
Old 08-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #32
Diode
PR's Finest

oh weird, i didn't see any RSS tags in that dump, must not have looked hard enough. thanks.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #33
Diode
PR's Finest

no dice. i just get the link, no video embed.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #34
God Of War
The Landlord

and in body u put [u rl]{feed:link}[/ url] ?

you run vb 4 right? edit one of ur embedded youtube videos on ur site and see what code goes before it and replace url with that if it isnt url
Old 08-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #35
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

the fuck u guys even talmbout?
Could you find me?
Old 08-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #36
Diode
PR's Finest

i had tried it using RSS to Articles with no joy. leaving it in the RSS widget with direct links to vids on a sidebar for now.

vB CMS is fucking terrible. i am very close to reinstalling wordpress and just using a bridge module for the forum. single sign on and all that, some of them are very good now. off to check vbwarez..
Old 08-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #37
Diode
PR's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Of War View Post
and in body u put [u rl]{feed:link}[/ url] ?

you run vb 4 right? edit one of ur embedded youtube videos on ur site and see what code goes before it and replace url with that if it isnt url
oh yeah vb4 doesn't use the URL tag to embed a a youtube video. it has its own built in [VIDEO] tag now. ha, i can try that. but like i said.. still prob ditching vb CMS. only thing i'll miss is "promote to article".
Old 08-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #38
God Of War
The Landlord

diode when i just tried to put a video on pr it did the [VIDE O] [/VIDEO]
Old 08-13-2013, 12:08 AM   #39
God Of War
The Landlord

Quote:
oh yeah vb4 doesn't use the URL tag to embed a a youtube video. it has its own build in tag now. ha, i can try that. but like i said.. still prob ditching vb CMS. only thing i'll miss is "promote to article".
yeah bro i fucking hate the vb4 cms

wordpress is the choice for me
Old 08-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #40
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

motherfuckers talkin spanish
Could you find me?