Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 07-06-2020, 09:24 PM   #41
the Munster

the Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant future

Even if you don’t need it it would help you more than hurt, especially in flower. But I would use it in veg without question, but only because I’ve seen them die. Right in front of me. Started adding cal mag, some tomatoes made it some didn’t bro. Autoflowers it’s a good chance none of em make it or they become something that you do not want
the Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:03 AM   #42
the Munster

the Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant futurethe Munster has a brilliant future

Uh oh I watched video

For medium he is using

MOKOKO premium coco substrate carries the Dutch RHP stamp of quality guaranteeing all processes have been stringently monitored from raw materials to production and storage. 100% recyclable MO’KOKO is an excellent alternative for the environmentally conscious grower.
- RHP certified to ensure the highest physical and chemical specifications have been met
- Excellent for cultivating ornamental plants,vegetables and potted plants.
- Pre-washed and buffered to prevent calcium and magnesium lockout while stabilizing pH values.
- Low EC value.
- Free of harmful parasites and disease.
- Completely recyclable and renewable.
- Excellent air to water ratio.
- Can be used alone as a soilless medium or as a conditioner with other grow media.

Are you using this same exact coco uh oh? If not what are you using? The part I bolder let’s you know that they’ve added garden lime to this coco. I tried to find “ingredients” and on forst google I could not find exact ingredients, but I’m 99% percent sure that if you find contents or ingredients it will mention either garden lime or ground up oyster shell or something similar to keep the ph stabilized and also to add calcium magnesium

If you just use regular coco without any of this then you need to 1. Add cal mag and 2. Absolutely make sure your ph is within 5.9-6.5(this is why I initially tried to shy you away from coco)

But even if it does have lime I still would add calmag lol. That’s just me tho and what I’ve learned from experience, and I have to add it in soil in flower so I know I would still do it in coco because coco is way more inert and nutes wash out way more easier in coco

But imma stop repeating myself

I see you linked canna coco brick, which is different from Mokoko and does not have lime or any equivalent
Good luck bro

Last edited by the Munster; 07-07-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #43
the Munster

It’s funny to me too tho, I went through the comments and I actually see people asking “so how much lime do I add” and he doesn’t answer it’s really fucked up that he doesn’t tell you guys that part lol
Old 07-07-2020, 04:24 PM   #44
Mac

Battle Record: 7-12

Mac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant futureMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName View Post
Starting to get the sense this isn’t about tomatoes
oh god. it was actually very wholesome to think they were working together to make a tomato garden

I'm so disappointed and sad now, how do I unsee this
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:39 PM   #45
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Munster View Post
Uh oh I watched video

For medium he is using

MOKOKO premium coco substrate carries the Dutch RHP stamp of quality guaranteeing all processes have been stringently monitored from raw materials to production and storage. 100% recyclable MO’KOKO is an excellent alternative for the environmentally conscious grower.
- RHP certified to ensure the highest physical and chemical specifications have been met
- Excellent for cultivating ornamental plants,vegetables and potted plants.
- Pre-washed and buffered to prevent calcium and magnesium lockout while stabilizing pH values.
- Low EC value.
- Free of harmful parasites and disease.
- Completely recyclable and renewable.
- Excellent air to water ratio.
- Can be used alone as a soilless medium or as a conditioner with other grow media.

Are you using this same exact coco uh oh? If not what are you using? The part I bolder let’s you know that they’ve added garden lime to this coco. I tried to find “ingredients” and on forst google I could not find exact ingredients, but I’m 99% percent sure that if you find contents or ingredients it will mention either garden lime or ground up oyster shell or something similar to keep the ph stabilized and also to add calcium magnesium

If you just use regular coco without any of this then you need to 1. Add cal mag and 2. Absolutely make sure your ph is within 5.9-6.5(this is why I initially tried to shy you away from coco)

But even if it does have lime I still would add calmag lol. That’s just me tho and what I’ve learned from experience, and I have to add it in soil in flower so I know I would still do it in coco because coco is way more inert and nutes wash out way more easier in coco

But imma stop repeating myself

I see you linked canna coco brick, which is different from Mokoko and does not have lime or any equivalent
Good luck bro
the canna coco is prewashed and buffered as well, but that just means its been rinsed of all the excess salts that accumulate, which can block your plants from uptaking nutes. it doesn't have lime added? . but word its rhp certified and has a ph of 5.9-7

the canna coco itself i mean. so its basically the same shit just a different brand. im worried about fungus gnats tho bout to cop sticky traps and NEMATOADS to be safe lol

but word i got some cal mag AIGHT. FUCK. nutrients wash out of coco easy when you're using bottled nutrients. which is why im going the organic dry shit. i don't want to use cal mag or any of that unless i absolutely have to. i don't know why im being stubborn on it. even tho theyre organic bottled nutrients its still weird to me pouring fluids other than water on it lol

but yea i know the PH is gonna be the key, i'm gonna shoot for 6.2 for all waterings, and gonna check my coco mix as well prior to planting anything, im guessing you can bring it down by just flushing it with a lower ph water? cuz the brick said it has a range of 5.9 to 7 right out of the bag.

but word the ph range you described is what the plants will actually need to absorb any nutrients. at least thats what im learning.

i seen him use dolomite lime? the dude in the vid but i feel it was a different scenario, maybe in one of the teas he used to save plants. but there was mad shit in it. guano, earthworm castings etc. and im assuming making the tea is basically just making homemade bottled nutes. giving them ready immediate access where as the dry fertilizers are more of a slow release

but i seen it described as like juice with humans. like its healthy as fuck and rewarding to eat an apple, but if you drank a gallon of apple juice you're fucking up type deal, the healthiness of it is lost on you. sure your getting natural sugars and shit but since you don't break it down and digest it its not as good for you

but word i know this style of grow is pretty fringe from everything i've read ima give it a shot though. everyone has some type of soil mix and a rack of bottled nutrients and feed schedules and shit lol.

Last edited by uh-oh; 07-07-2020 at 06:54 PM.
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #46
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

i actually just seen some other shit saying don't trust brands that say its prebuffered and do it yourself by soaking it in a cal mag solution for 8 hours

eddie you might be onto something here fam. i ain't gonna doubt you anymore. unless i find someone swearing by the canna prior to me using it lol
Old 07-07-2020, 08:46 PM   #47
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

look at this funny thibg.. like 15 years ago roughly... back in new york a few years after that I played uh-oh beat and niggas believed it because i was basially only with a computer.

I can remember the beatm or what it was but I lied to my friends as a kid saying I way uh-oh
Old 07-08-2020, 08:50 AM   #48
the Munster

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i actually just seen some other shit saying don't trust brands that say its prebuffered and do it yourself by soaking it in a cal mag solution for 8 hours

eddie you might be onto something here fam. i ain't gonna doubt you anymore. unless i find someone swearing by the canna prior to me using it lol
I never heard of the brand of coco dude in the vid uses but it’s very intriguing. He’s using coco straight up as if it’s soil. Adding all dry amendments and garden line is already in it as if it’s potting mix.

Like you said normally it would be buffered with liquid calmag. His is buffered with garden lime.

But yea coco takes whatever ph you water it with. Meaning if you water with 6.2 water you have nothing to worry about

If you water with 5.0 water, the ph will be 5.0

If you water with 8.0 water, the ph will be 8.0.

You don’t need nematodes. Sticky traps work perfect against gnats. You’re not using soil so it may not be as bad, and fungus gnats, as well as all pests generally appear when you overwater. So as long as you spend time with them, and get used to their habits, you should be fine.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:00 AM   #49
the Munster

Quote:
the canna coco is prewashed and buffered as well, but that just means its been rinsed of all the excess salts that accumulate, which can block your plants from uptaking nutes. it doesn't have lime added? . but word its rhp certified and has a ph of 5.9-7

the canna coco itself i mean. so its basically the same shit just a different brand. im worried about fungus gnats tho bout to cop sticky traps and NEMATOADS to be safe lol

but word i got some cal mag AIGHT. FUCK. nutrients wash out of coco easy when you're using bottled nutrients. which is why im going the organic dry shit. i don't want to use cal mag or any of that unless i absolutely have to. i don't know why im being stubborn on it. even tho theyre organic bottled nutrients its still weird to me pouring fluids other than water on it lol

but yea i know the PH is gonna be the key, i'm gonna shoot for 6.2 for all waterings, and gonna check my coco mix as well prior to planting anything, im guessing you can bring it down by just flushing it with a lower ph water? cuz the brick said it has a range of 5.9 to 7 right out of the bag.

but word the ph range you described is what the plants will actually need to absorb any nutrients. at least thats what im learning.

i seen him use dolomite lime? the dude in the vid but i feel it was a different scenario, maybe in one of the teas he used to save plants. but there was mad shit in it. guano, earthworm castings etc. and im assuming making the tea is basically just making homemade bottled nutes. giving them ready immediate access where as the dry fertilizers are more of a slow release

but i seen it described as like juice with humans. like its healthy as fuck and rewarding to eat an apple, but if you drank a gallon of apple juice you're fucking up type deal, the healthiness of it is lost on you. sure your getting natural sugars and shit but since you don't break it down and digest it its not as good for you

but word i know this style of grow is pretty fringe from everything i've read ima give it a shot though. everyone has some type of soil mix and a rack of bottled nutrients and feed schedules and shit lol.

Lol wherever you got that apple juice bit from, that person who said it does not understand how plants work or how compost tea works

Compost tea is a liquid form of microbiology. A fertilizer tea is when you take dry fertilizer and soak it, creating a solution. A nutrient tea is using bottled nutes to create a solution

I combine all three. Little bit here, little bit there. Recipe in particular for veg and one for flower. I also utilize extracts from other plant tissue in my teas as well. I think when you make a tea this way it’s called a plant extract tea. I use every ingredient I use and the ratio I use them in for Specific reasons. My kids pray to the Lord on a regular.

And yes you can use dolomite lime in a tea. Almost sounds like he was overdoing it. I wonder if he’s ever looked at his microbiology under the scope. Sometimes when you add too much to the water, the microbes run out of oxygen at an undesirable rate

Last edited by the Munster; 07-08-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #50
the Munster

GO calmg+ or oilycann

Last edited by the Munster; 07-08-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:50 AM   #51
the Munster

You know what THO I do not see where this mokoko has anything other than coco so idk about that part but I do know that you should listen to me to avoid crying when your kids die. Just use the liquid calmag you ordered

Last edited by the Munster; 07-08-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:28 AM   #52
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

This is the shit I got
http://www.cannagardening.com/coco_brick

Washed & Buffered
CANNA COCO is washed, buffered and therefore ready for use.

Washed: Because coco palms grow near and on salt water, coco tissues contain large amounts of ions or salt. Salt can be very detrimental to plants when the occur above certain concentrations even though they generally are considered plant nutrients. In order to make coco suitable as a plant growth medium it needs to be washed. CANNA COCO is washed thoroughly with clean water so there is no need to rinse it yourself.

Buffered: Coco has what is considered a negative CEC (capacity of the substrate to retain and exchange water and nutrients).

The nutrients provided by the grower will be taken up by the medium and will not become available to the plant . This undesired effect must be prevented. In order to permanently stabilize the chemistry of the medium and its pH, CANNA has buffered its coco medium to make sure that the nutrients you give will go to the plant.
CANNA COCO is RHP certified for professional horticulture. This means it meets even higher requirements than other media that are RHP certified for consumer use (or not certified at all).

The RHP for Horticulture certification guarantees a clean and pure product that is free from weeds and pathogenic organisms and is suitable for professional use.

---------

Not steam sterilized too i guess that turns the shit to potassium and blocks can mag from the plants.

Since you mentioned It I did a deep dive and seen the science behind it. Basically if the coco is untreated it will steal the nutrients before your plants can. Mainly calcium and magnesium. The buffering process washes out some potassium ions and sodium and shit and replaces it with calcium and magnesium, so that the coco itself doesn't absorb any you put in it for the plants

So it makes sense but word. Gonna see how it goes
Old 07-08-2020, 05:57 PM   #53
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

stellar work. bookmarked for further reference.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:02 AM   #54
the Munster

Quote:
This is the shit I got
http://www.cannagardening.com/coco_brick

Washed & Buffered
CANNA COCO is washed, buffered and therefore ready for use.

Washed: Because coco palms grow near and on salt water, coco tissues contain large amounts of ions or salt. Salt can be very detrimental to plants when the occur above certain concentrations even though they generally are considered plant nutrients. In order to make coco suitable as a plant growth medium it needs to be washed. CANNA COCO is washed thoroughly with clean water so there is no need to rinse it yourself.

Buffered: Coco has what is considered a negative CEC (capacity of the substrate to retain and exchange water and nutrients).

The nutrients provided by the grower will be taken up by the medium and will not become available to the plant . This undesired effect must be prevented. In order to permanently stabilize the chemistry of the medium and its pH, CANNA has buffered its coco medium to make sure that the nutrients you give will go to the plant.
CANNA COCO is RHP certified for professional horticulture. This means it meets even higher requirements than other media that are RHP certified for consumer use (or not certified at all).

The RHP for Horticulture certification guarantees a clean and pure product that is free from weeds and pathogenic organisms and is suitable for professional use.

---------

Not steam sterilized too i guess that turns the shit to potassium and blocks can mag from the plants.

Since you mentioned It I did a deep dive and seen the science behind it. Basically if the coco is untreated it will steal the nutrients before your plants can. Mainly calcium and magnesium. The buffering process washes out some potassium ions and sodium and shit and replaces it with calcium and magnesium, so that the coco itself doesn't absorb any you put in it for the plants

So it makes sense but word. Gonna see how it goes
Word I’ve used canna coco several times and even with cocotek too. No problems but all coco seems to be the same to me. I walk to the pet store and use that stuff too and don’t really see a difference or anything lol

I used to use coco to especially start seeds, like I would start all seeds in party cups with coco then transplant to one gallon soil. Now I just start out in the soil I hate coco now, just how you have to prepare the water every single day
Old 07-09-2020, 08:10 AM   #55
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

This seems like a lot of effort for tomatoes.

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:12 AM   #56
the Munster

I got a lemon seed plant too. I planted a lemon seed last year. She’s about knee hi. Will post pic later tonight :)
Old 07-09-2020, 10:39 AM   #57
Hush
NJ Devil

Battle Record: Who Cares

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Hush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant futureHush has a brilliant future

Word I got some avacado plants and a orange tree

But Eddie where u getting ya “tomato seeds” from
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:36 PM   #58
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

i got some tomato seedlings goin now. i can't get the temps to drop in this fucking tent though. the humidity gets sucked right out with the exhaust fan, but if i slow or kill the exhaust fan the temps shoot to like 85.

i got a big AC for my upstairs like a wall unit. its chilly as hell up here but staying warm in the tent. i don't want to buy another AC because an air conditioner will pull like 3 times the wattage as my entire tent

i could leave the tent open but that kinda defeats the purpose, im losing reflection as well as making the whole place eventually reek of tomatoes.

i got 4 little fans moving the air around in there so its probably not bad i just remember seeing somewhere the ideal temp is 68-77. im stuck at around 79. is the two degrees gonna make a big difference @the Munster ? i'll get another AC if i have to. maybe there is a cheap tiny option too i dunno, everything im seeing is either window mounted or even the portable ones you gotta run an exhaust out the window smh..
Old 07-15-2020, 05:37 PM   #59
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

but word it sits around 59 percent humidity and 79 degrees at plant level
Old 07-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #60
the Munster

Quote:
i got some tomato seedlings goin now. i can't get the temps to drop in this fucking tent though. the humidity gets sucked right out with the exhaust fan, but if i slow or kill the exhaust fan the temps shoot to like 85.

i got a big AC for my upstairs like a wall unit. its chilly as hell up here but staying warm in the tent. i don't want to buy another AC because an air conditioner will pull like 3 times the wattage as my entire tent

i could leave the tent open but that kinda defeats the purpose, im losing reflection as well as making the whole place eventually reek of tomatoes.

i got 4 little fans moving the air around in there so its probably not bad i just remember seeing somewhere the ideal temp is 68-77. im stuck at around 79. is the two degrees gonna make a big difference @the Munster ? i'll get another AC if i have to. maybe there is a cheap tiny option too i dunno, everything im seeing is either window mounted or even the portable ones you gotta run an exhaust out the window smh..
79 is fine. how Is the temperature where u live? Hot as fuck outside? Is it going to get worse?

In your situation, if you want thing cooler and you want to raise the humidity, the perfect thing to use would be an evaporative cooler, aka swamp cooler.