Old 05-13-2023, 01:52 AM   #1
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future
Lightbulb #1 Contender Match-Up: Master Rock (6-1) vs. Pharaohs Army (3-2) [MASTER ROCK WINS!]

Season 11 XI

VERSES DUE BY: Saturday, May, 20th, 11:59 P.M. Western / 2:59 A.M. Eastern / 7:59 A.M. UK. 24 Hour Ext: Mod/Opponent Discretion

VOTES: Monday, May, 22nd, 11:59 P.M. Western / 2:59 A.M. Eastern / 7:59 A.M. UK. 3 Vote Requirement Enforced/Penalty

MAXIMUM: 48 Lines: 64 IF AGREED UPON!

TOPIC:

Old 05-13-2023, 03:58 AM   #2
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future
Default HoL Deadline Sun 400 AM USA ET

Good luck Rock if u don't know by now i totally respect ya bud yet totally overxplained my vote of cereal who lets b honest got ya and the same way you got me when i lazy-fail-satire-key-closed bad lolz dude aint text cool bud? -- for real now respect ~

had a long intro

Last edited by Pharaohs Army; 05-13-2023 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-15-2023, 03:12 AM   #3
Pharaohs Army
Banned

Battle Record: 6 - 14

Pharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant futurePharaohs Army has a brilliant future

Damn right. Mad as hell and I think we all knew it.
Uhhg Resurrections take years, drop the ( ) replace with fruity fluids.
Using music to school these clueless pupils.
Yeah, calm down watch me - key 4 yor frown
on an easy what now.
Clock ghosts who'da thought, 3rd top roasts on your bought.
Haw. Trail 'dat fairy ta sleeep audio execution dichotomies obvious to trained up students.
Drop 5 mins 5 days I cried THAT SLAVEjasdfjksd shhh uh what she Indenturrred yea Cis my Helpful mail drop a Tutor fer unicorn; bail?
Don't wail creative writtens always top polished studio descriptionsss.
whats the realmboy got meaner on my iggy.
Auuhh Whos Zyiggie... Cop a joint roll Zipppie
So fkn chill got dese..th
These shops Cut A Quarter COp in half 'til Top wholesalin buddyyy
yeah he love kids too Top Diversity Equity fjadfo
I put his KIndass hook bitch Editing Shit fora 8th mfjoasd
lollll yeah so easy fun cop that low price on the bulk

gotta aa
smoke Smoke emcee FUssy Idiots syeah I ROAST goats he FUSS delete.

Non fiction Frank this my verse on a (don't guess we don't grade our own pre).,,yeah
Free
Old 05-21-2023, 09:57 PM   #4
Master Rock
Steadily Lurking

Battle Record: 7-7

Champed
- Netcees Writers League

Master Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant futureMaster Rock has a brilliant future

I am the facade behind your screen,
I am the one that's living inside of my own constructed fantasized dreams
to reality, my only desire is to sense your uncontrollable screams,
my pleasure lies in the truth as I feel them rise and beam,
Inside I am the troll behind every one of the despicable memes
consider me a reactional fiend
documented as dirty, crude, rude, and obscene
I'm rarely seen but scarcely heard,
I'm far off to where no one cares for my blurbs
I want the feed on one's gullibility pinching their raw nerves
Anonymity, multiple personalities from the realms is where I matured
in other words, I am in your social media circle, chat, forum, and wherever your avatar may occur
I am the lure, now you're the fish nibbling at my every bit of word
you're obsessed with reading in-between my lines, it's your emotions that I stir
Let me poke the lion, courageously now they crying,
I torment to the breaking point till you lie awake
in the sunrise I'll be you dark cloud in your coughing I'll hand you the stake
vampiric, I'll absorb into your mental state
consider me a straight jacket case
I am a psychopathological sadist
I drip the heinous, for me it's purely painless
pay the toll, feed the troll
I enjoy feasting on hot coals
It's only the feeble minds I control

https://www.instagram.com/master_rock1/
https://www.youtube.com/graphicalmindz
Old 05-21-2023, 11:27 PM   #5
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future

mvgt Master Rock they came with it. on the topic all the way through and talking shit at their opponent - we all know why Frank chose this topic for PA's battle. I'm glad master rock came with this despite the key from PA. The first four lines were the best I think, nothing amazed me but it was (1) better than the key and (2) better than what PA would have brought even if they weren't fucking around.

PA - you're up and down with me homie. you praise and talk shit about my keys, and then you key this? barely on topic, and only bc it's about you.
Old 05-22-2023, 08:32 AM   #6
Diablo
Badgerdick

Battle Record: 11-2

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Diablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant futureDiablo has a brilliant future

The topic is funny to me, on one hand it absolutely appeals to me for more obvious reasons, but on the other hand I can see this being a difficult one for the two of you. You don’t see many comedic or light hearted topical battles, but I think that may be the route I perhaps would have gone with this one. There’s obviously a conflict that could be written out between the two end users, either end of the computer, and that could have been utilised to good effect I felt here. There would also be a lot of emotion from either end, one growing increasingly angry while the other is bemused and that contrast could be pretty cool to play out between them - possibly even a catfishing story or something board related to do with PA and his recent spamming etc which would work. There’s a few different angles to this one that could work, let’s see what you guys have for it…

Pharaoh: I’m guessing you had next to no time this week and were forced to throw something together almost at the last minute. It’s a shame because there are actually a couple of highlights hidden amongst this, “Using music to school these clueless pupils,” is actually worded well and with good rhyme placement to give it that implied rhythmic flow. There’s some stuff in here either throw together quick or other parts where it just reads like random keys being hit in succession at the end of lines. You must have known this one wasn’t winning, but kudos for still coming through and attempting something rather than just no showing it.

Master Rock: As I’m reading through this I can’t help but feel like this is about me. Lol. The descriptions used, the word choices, it feels like you’re writing about me trolling PA on the boards. There’s a definite feel in that sense toward the start, when we have this writer omnipotent stance lording it over the entire web with everyone treated as it’s pawn. I liked that, a lot. You embodied the topic with this direct approach, placing yourself at its heart and actually making good of what was a difficult topic for the two of you I thought so creativity wise I also give you a nod here - I think quite a few would perhaps have struggled with this particular topic choice. This was far ahead of what we saw PA put up, not that that means a great deal given the circumstances I guess, Master Rock won this one for sure.
Old 05-22-2023, 12:13 PM   #7
NYCSPITZ
SYRACUSE

Battle Record: 31-37

Champed
- Write Night II
- Alias Topical Tournament

NYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant futureNYCSPITZ has a brilliant future

Mvgt too master rock

Pharaohs was alright but seemed a little disjointed and rushed

Master rocks verse was not Great but not bad, a fun little story about trolls I was feeling it
Old 05-22-2023, 01:36 PM   #8
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

This is tough choice both a little choppy it could have been better

but efforts count creativity in both vs I like PA VS more

Vote PA
Old 05-23-2023, 07:47 PM   #9
brokenhal0

Battle Record: 12-12=4

Champed
- AOWL Season IX

brokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant futurebrokenhal0 has a brilliant future

vote - masterrock

pharaoh had something going in the first 5-6 bars then it jus went left and lost my attention
Old 05-24-2023, 08:37 AM   #10
Lyfzaa Gamble
The Wild Card

Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble Lyfzaa Gamble
Send a message via AIM to Lyfzaa Gamble

It's obvious to me that Master Rock clearly won this battle...
was just more on topic and bars that were way more interesting. Better flips, rhyme schemes were decent had some cool ideas. Pharaohs was a bit off. Felt a lot was forced. Wasn't really feeling it.

Keep dropping

V @Master Rock
When I'm the Lord of War; - I sell weapons, move metal like Magneto.

Last edited by Lyfzaa Gamble; 05-24-2023 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-24-2023, 02:31 PM   #11
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future
Lightbulb XI

@Master Rock
WINS!