Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board

User Tag List

Old 12-03-2018, 12:23 AM   #21
DMS
DMS—Diddled My Stick

DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental P View Post
I disagree. Why is it terrible? From what I seen you all have to reevaluate your moral compass cause if you believe a life is worth less than money which is a physical substance mankinf made then you are severely lacking in the compassion and empathetic department and should probably seek help.
But it’s not a human life. Give me evidence none humans matter at all.
DMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:46 AM   #22
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
So you've rewritten the trolley lever thought experiment?
Lol thanks. Was hoping wouldnt have to scroll too far for this to be said.

Op open a book guy

Ud be amazed at the ideas people have already had
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:50 AM   #23
Elemental P

Elemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS View Post
But it’s not a human life. Give me evidence none humans matter at all.
Dogs are used for all kinds of reasons, like security dogs, dogs that assist the blind and other people with handicaps and even mental instability. Fact, I was in the hospital for pancreatitis, and they actually had a hospital dog they bring around to paitents because it is known that petting an animal, is similar to hugging a grieving person, it's an analgesic. So if everything I mentioned about dogs which wasn't even a lot holds no substance at all then feel free to explain why. I don't know if I believe animals have souls, that's a different topic. But what is wrong with animals? They act upon instinct not by an ego, or motive like.mankind does. Animals aren't evil, yea we can domestic them, beat and abuse them, but they can feel pain. A dog is happy to see his owner when they get home for example. What makes that life less valueable as let's say, having an abortion, because it's "just a dumb animal"?
Elemental P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:55 AM   #24
boof

boof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant futureboof has a brilliant future

dms speciesist as hell but can't comprehend classism
boof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:56 AM   #25
Elemental P

Elemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant futureElemental P has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
Lol thanks. Was hoping wouldnt have to scroll too far for this to be said.

Op open a book guy

Ud be amazed at the ideas people have already had
I assume you meant Elp? But yes I read books, quite interesting. I was only trying to put something in to my own laymen ways instead of using other classical thought experiments instead. Was no attempt at rewriting anything, merely experimenting with thinking about different types of thought experiment scenarios.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:05 AM   #26
Exis

Battle Record: 3-3

Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis Exis

I'll slaughter any pussy for free...
Exis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:31 AM   #27
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
I disagree. Why is it terrible? From what I seen you all have to reevaluate your moral compass cause if you believe a life is worth less than money which is a physical substance mankinf made then you are severely lacking in the compassion and empathetic department and should probably seek help.
nah man, its just the framing of the question blows, which is why you had to change it. what you changed it to is terribly vague as well. 18 billion dollars worth of saving animals. what animals? how are they saved? is it going to conservation of the forest or some shit? or going to shelters? etc. either way the moral impact of murdering a puppy PERSONALLY wouldn't outweigh some non personal saving of animals in general

with 18 billion dollars given to you though, and not some intangible blanket statement of saving animals, it would be so easy to get over killing a puppy though, because i think you aren't grasping how much money that is. you could personally do so much good and still be filthy rich on top of all of it

plus animals die every day b. you could rationalize anything while being able to literally afford to do ANYTHING. id stomp a baby out too, if in the hypothetical land it wouldn't be murder/i wouldnt be punished for it. its nothing against an animal in general. life is cheap. its a cold world doggie
Old 12-03-2018, 05:32 AM   #28
For Battling

Battle Record: 11-6

For Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant futureFor Battling has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
i would eat a puppy while its alive with my hands and teeth for 18 billion dollars is this a serious question?
Lmaooo
For Battling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:31 AM   #29
Amen
As-salamu alaykum!

Battle Record: 19-8

Champed
- 1-2 Punch League Season 6

Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dull boy View Post
Is this a serious thread?
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:52 AM   #30
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Quote:
I assume you meant Elp? But yes I read books, quite interesting. I was only trying to put something in to my own laymen ways instead of using other classical thought experiments instead. Was no attempt at rewriting anything, merely experimenting with thinking about different types of thought experiment scenarios.
Idk how much simpler the trolley lever thing could get tbh. Instead of kill one to save a handful of people, you're killing one to save 18 billion dogs. There's like 5 active trolley routes in my region but it's a lot easier to wrap my head around than your scenario... Am I out of touch?

On my Bob Barker shit I'm about to say no anyway. 18 billion dogs is too much to a point where so many would starve/go feral/fight for resources from other animals (pushing them to extinction etc)
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:45 AM   #31
Elemental P

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
nah man, its just the framing of the question blows, which is why you had to change it. what you changed it to is terribly vague as well. 18 billion dollars worth of saving animals. what animals? how are they saved? is it going to conservation of the forest or some shit? or going to shelters? etc. either way the moral impact of murdering a puppy PERSONALLY wouldn't outweigh some non personal saving of animals in general

with 18 billion dollars given to you though, and not some intangible blanket statement of saving animals, it would be so easy to get over killing a puppy though, because i think you aren't grasping how much money that is. you could personally do so much good and still be filthy rich on top of all of it

plus animals die every day b. you could rationalize anything while being able to literally afford to do ANYTHING. id stomp a baby out too, if in the hypothetical land it wouldn't be murder/i wouldnt be punished for it. its nothing against an animal in general. life is cheap. its a cold world doggie
That was exactly my point was to be vague b.c thought experiments are blown out of proportion, and exaggerated themes that don't occur in reality but simply make you question yourself. I could have wrote a novel about "The Mystery of the Man who Stomped the puppy to death in the streets in order to save 18 billion animals" and would have the premise of the movie like Men in Black where a shadow government goes around asking people to do it, not different to that movie THE BOX which was basically put in to a more realistic based scenario, i wanted it to be exaggerated.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:49 AM   #32
Elemental P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp View Post
Idk how much simpler the trolley lever thing could get tbh. Instead of kill one to save a handful of people, you're killing one to save 18 billion dogs. There's like 5 active trolley routes in my region but it's a lot easier to wrap my head around than your scenario... Am I out of touch?

On my Bob Barker shit I'm about to say no anyway. 18 billion dogs is too much to a point where so many would starve/go feral/fight for resources from other animals (pushing them to extinction etc)
This was also my point, you guys are over looking what I said at face value. I said think about the consequences (do we really NEED to save 18 billion animals" because of over population and the inflation increases daily and the ratio to that of humans is like 7.6 billion people on this planet. So that was stated like that to be a stupid sounding question in that regard.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:43 AM   #33
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation

Quote:
So this is something new I'm trying, just for my curiosity and due to my interest in psychoanalysis and I've always been more in to philosophy than religion. I did my first one yesterday on FB and I used the meme where it asks: Would you stomp on the puppy for 18 BILLION DOLLARS.

But I changed it up to be more morally thought provoking. So I asked, for every 1$ let's say the saves an animals life. So that's 18 Billion animals you could save, endangered species could be saved from going extinct ect. So, would you kill the puppy in order to help the 18 Billion animals?

Well here's the results.

NO: 11 total. 6 females and 5 males (didn't cover demographics or any of that just men/women.

YES:4 Total. 3 females and 1 Male.

I had spent a lot of time drawing a conclusion from this and it's supposed to make you question your morals. Does the end justify the means?
How about any of you guys, what would you answer? And you have think about it carefully.

(So I want to continue this trend for my own intellectual reasons and curiosity and would like some help with more Thought Experiment ideas. Yes I checked Google and read some to give me some more ideas but I want to hear more original ideas. Anyone care to help or at least answer the question I posted?) I'll post my short summary conclusion (kept it short due to not enough participants and kept it vague for a reason.)
Bro

the word consequences does not appear in here once. You just said we could save 18 billion animals with that money. It's the trolley lever thing's gritty 2018 reboot
Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:43 AM   #34
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

OP could you run a test on how many people actually pray for strangers on FB that they say they will pray for in comment threads?
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:48 AM   #35
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

we have literally been studying ethics and morality for hundreds of years

u think ur going to just conjure an original idea on the discussion in ur stupid little peanut brain when u cant even understand that the devil is the antagonist in the Bible?

fuck u an fuck fb
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:54 AM   #36
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
we have literally been studying ethics and morality for hundreds of years

u think ur going to just conjure an original idea on the discussion in ur stupid little peanut brain when u cant even understand that the devil is the antagonist in the Bible?

fuck u an fuck fb
You’re the piece of shit that ignores when it mean satan wins

Fuck U sir
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
~RustyGunZ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:54 AM   #37
Elemental P

Lol and it's funny you believe in the Bible Ghost but I don't condemn you for it. You obviously have some anger issues pal. Not to mention that Lucifer is the bad guy but Luciferinans debate that subject so that clearly when over your egotistical sized water melon looking ass head fucking idiot. If you're going to paraphrase my comment get it right u fuck wit.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:56 AM   #38
Elemental P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
OP could you run a test on how many people actually pray for strangers on FB that they say they will pray for in comment threads?
Actually I just might try that. Why not, isn't hurting my life any.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:09 AM   #39
DMS
DMS—Diddled My Stick

DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS DMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by boof View Post
dms speciesist as hell but can't comprehend classism
I don’t know what either of those mean, ngl, but I bet one of which has to do with something not grounded in fundamental reality.
DMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:10 AM   #40
Ghost1

yea ur right

try this

got a brand new idea for u

attach 18billion dogs to a machine that can send pulses of electric shocks thru the push of a button//////

then tell the participant to shock the dogs...... low voltages at first.....just little static jolts.....but then make them increase voltage

now destroy the American flag......neatly....with no one available to see you perform the act....by cutting it into small pieces with scissors and placing it into a box

you can save the doctor...the nun...or the farmer with your raft

how many children will you buy subway tickets for?

REALLY EXCITED TO SEE RESULTS OF THIS HIGHLY ORIGINAL AND UNIQUE THOUGHT EXPERIMENT