Old 09-06-2018, 06:23 PM   #261
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

you ever read bury my heart at wounded knee?

its a classic that just popped into my head when opening this. give it a shot if you wanna mix it up
Old 09-06-2018, 06:35 PM   #262
Ghost1

Battle Record: 0-1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Nah I heard of it tho

What's it about

I'm reading the republic right now it's fire
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Ghost1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:42 PM   #263
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

as in plato?

bury my heart at wounded knee is the native american side of things as america conquered the west. its solid. i read it awhile ago, think it came out in like the 60's but its solid
Old 09-06-2018, 06:53 PM   #264
Ghost1

Ghost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant futureGhost1 has a brilliant future

Word I can dig it

An yeah Plato

Kinda right up ur alley
Not saying being drunk doesn’t mess up you reasoning. I’m turning 20 soon so I haven’t had a drink ever.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:11 PM   #265
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

word thats dope man, i never read any plato myself. i mainly focus on history based stuff, and even then its more toward military history than anything. so for example i've read alot of xenophon, who was also a student of socrates but was also a soldier involved military conflicts and shit, where plato was just a philosopher type dude

i'll eventually get to his shit too though.

but you get dope age old quotes from basically anything back then. and even the military histories tend to get into the workings of their governments, critiques of leadership, perks blah blah. basically just gems scattered around

but they're scattered between battles, strategy and tactics

that i can then later get a nerd boner over and google all aspects, from the type of troops to the terrain, what they ate, how they organised and set up supply etc. etc.

and the fact this was all happening in BC times. the ancient world was dope. just no anti biotics though.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:24 PM   #266
Ghost1

Ud love this

He basically constructs his idea of what the perfect nation state is with regard to education, military, healthcare, trade market etc

I'm not done yet and he getting kindve super wild right now talm bout having the naturally monstrous men being able to only breed their children to ensure the race would continue to grow bigger and stronger etc

Like I said ud love it lol

But word he creates the nation state to compare it to the individual as they attempt to define what justice is and whether or not it's more profitable to be just or unjust for the individual and the whole as well

Crazy like u said cuz how ancient Socrates was and how many of these ideas we still have or discuss today
Old 09-06-2018, 09:47 PM   #267
uh-oh
DA GOD

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

no doubt. society changes, but humans are humans and have been for forever. i'll have to check it though for sure. i want to post long winded nonsense to help give a context to the world he was in, but im sure he's doing a better job of it than i could lmao.

i'll end up checking it though just to peep his style and how its structured, because if you dig it i can recommend more based off it, but from this era, 350ish BC, its mostly all greek.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:57 AM   #268
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

booker dewitt was at wounded knee.

goddamn you, irrational.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:41 PM   #269
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

1. Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe (1.5/5)

The man hasn't a clue.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:01 PM   #270
Ghost1

lmao yndtp
Old 09-19-2018, 04:02 PM   #271
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

I'm reading Investing Demystified: A Self-Teaching Guide. When I finish, I'll be an expert on the stock, bond, and market market. And then I'll market myself to multiple jobs and land them while overloading on investment succes$. It's a pretty good read thus f@r.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:57 PM   #272
PancakeBrah
SOBER

Battle Record: 2-5

Champed
- AOWL Season 2

PancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond reputePancakeBrah has a reputation beyond repute

2. Bags' Posts by Bags (5/5)

Very good, so far.
And the ditch in the back road stop
Could you find me?
PancakeBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:17 PM   #273
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Lmao

Anyway reading 3rd book to the WOOL trilogy
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:48 AM   #274
Ghost1

1. The five people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom (2/5)
2. Grimnoir chronicles hard magic by Larry Correia (4/5)
3. Who rules the world by Noam Chomsky (5/5)
4. Nudge by Richard H. Thaler (4/5)
5. Americas bitter pill by Steven Brill (4/5)
6. Made to stick by Chip & Dan Heath (3/5)
7. Confessions by St. Augustine (5/5)
8. 12 Rules For Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B Peterson (5/5)
9. Maps of meaning 2017 lecuture series by Jordan B Peterson (5/5)
10. why we sleep by Matthew Walker (5/5)
11. Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini (4/5)
12. Media Control, Second Edition: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda by Noam Chomsky (3/5)
13. Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media by Edward S. Herman & Noam Chomsky (3/5)
14. Bad Samaritans: The Myth of Free Trade and the Secret History of Capitalism by Ha-Joon Chang (3/5)
15. Mcdonaldization of society (6th edition) by George Ritzer (5/5)
16. The Lexus and the Olive Tree by Thomas L. Friedman (5/5)
17. Columbine by Dave Cullen (3/5)
18. The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis--and How to (5/5)Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance by Ben Sasse
19. What is the bible by Rob Bell (2/5)
20. The case for faith by Lee Strobel (5/5)
21. The case for christ by Lee Strobel (4/5)
22. I dont have enough faith to be an athiest by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek (4/5)
23. Trumpocracy by David Frum (3/5)
24. Mere christianity by C.S. Lewis (4/5)
25. Tactics by Gregory Koukl (3/5)
26. Reasonable Faith by William Lane Craig (3/5)
27. The Collapse of Parenting by Leonard Sax (4/5)
28. The Case for Miracles by Lee Stroebel (4/5)
29. Psychological significance of biblical stories lecture series by Jordan Peterson (5/5)
30. Requiem for the American dream- Noam Chomsky (5/5)
31. The war of art by Steven Pressfield (5/5)
32. Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb (4/5)
33. Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle by C.G. Jung (5/5)
34. Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II by Douglas A. Blackmon (5/5)
35. Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell (5/5)
36. Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI (5/5)
37. The Death of Truth: Notes on Falsehood in the Age of Trump by michiko kakutani (3/5)
38. Understanding Psychology 12E by Robert Feldman (4/5)
39. Foundations by R.C Sproul (5/5)
40. Dead Sea Scrolls by Gary A. Rendsburg, The Great Courses (2/5)
41. What You Should Know About Politics but Dont by Jessamyn Conrad (5/5)
42. The Book that Made Your World: How the Bible Created the Soul of Western Civilization by Vishal Mangalwadi (5/5)
43. The Historical Jesus by Bart Ehrman (4/5)
44. The case for a creator by Lee Strobel (3/5)
45. The Shock Doctrine: The rise of disaster capitalism by Naomi Klein (5/5)
46. Hopes and Prospects by Noam Chomsky (4/5)
47. Neoliberalism: Profit Over People by Noam Chomsky (5/5)
48. Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right by Jane Mayer (5/5)
49. Tailspin: The People and Forces Behind America’s Fifty-Year Fall–and Those Fighting to Reverse It (5/5)
Old 09-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #275
Ghost1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeBrah View Post
2. Bags' Posts by Bags (5/5)

Very good, so far.
good man.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:19 AM   #276
Ghost1

12. Media Control, Second Edition: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda by Noam Chomsky (3/5)
13. Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media by Edward S. Herman & Noam Chomsky (3/5)
14. Bad Samaritans: The Myth of Free Trade and the Secret History of Capitalism by Ha-Joon Chang (3/5)
18. The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis--and How to (5/5)Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance by Ben Sasse
22. I dont have enough faith to be an athiest by Norman Geisler and Frank Turek (4/5)
29. Psychological significance of biblical stories lecture series by Jordan Peterson (5/5)
34. Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II by Douglas A. Blackmon (5/5)
37. The Death of Truth: Notes on Falsehood in the Age of Trump by michiko kakutani (3/5)
42. The Book that Made Your World: How the Bible Created the Soul of Western Civilization by Vishal Mangalwadi (5/5)
48. Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right by Jane Mayer (5/5)
49. Tailspin: The People and Forces Behind America’s Fifty-Year Fall–and Those Fighting to Reverse It (5/5)
50. The 5th Risk by Michael Lewis (4/5)
51. Fear by Bob Woodward (4/5)
52. The Republic by Plato (5/5)
53. Hot, Flat, and Crowded by Thomas L. Friedman (4/5)

there go 52. we made it fam.

the 5th risk talks about trump putting incompetent loyalists into key government agency positions and basically attempting to gut the sciences within the USDA, Dept of commerce, EPA etc fighting against climate change and basically opting for privatization of government agencies by corporations that don't have the capabilities necessary to handle the task.

fear was more trump bashing lol....this one was more of a soap opera from within the white house. pretty enjoyable. paints him as a bumbling moron who doesn't understand how government actually works and relies on his cabinet to guide him as best as they can....granted he can still keep his base supporters in the eye of the media. was amusing in sections talking about plans trying to get him off twitter lol......lol.

the republic by plato is probably my book of the year. straight fire.

last book is about climate change and green energy. pretty dope. basically china is going to develop it first or were going to die....since we (America)apparently have zero interest in developing it. and when they do develop it we will probably go to war with them because lol at any country being stronger than America. pretty relevant reading in light of the recent climate change report released by the UN that king trump brushed aside.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:44 PM   #277
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

Congrats on bringing your goal to the finish line.

I'm reading Economics by Paul Samuelson and William Nordhaus. It's a 700-page textbook on the basics and fundamentals so I'm skipping the graph/equation paragraphs and focusing on what I can feasibly retain.

Last edited by Vulgar; 11-09-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #278
Ghost1

thanks brah. whats it called?

Ha Joon Chang has some pretty cool books on economics
Old 11-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #279
Ghost1

54. Ratfucked by David Daley (4/5)
55. The history of Christianity from the disciples to the dawn of the reformation by Luke Timothy Johnson (great courses lecture series) (3/5)

ratfucked was cool, explains gerrymandering and the impact it had after 2010 republican redistricting

history of Christianity was cool, I don't love history but the professor lecturing was great
Old 11-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #280
Ghost1

54. Ratfucked by David Daley (4/5)
55. The history of Christianity from the disciples to the dawn of the reformation by Luke Timothy Johnson (great courses lecture series) (3/5)
56. Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives by Pope Benedict XVI (4/5)
57. Nutrition Made Clear by Roberta H. Andling (great courses lecture series) (5/5)
58. The New Testament by Bart D. Ehrman (great courses lecture series) (3/5)
59. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That cant Stop Talking by Susan Cain (3/5)
60. The Complacent Class: The Self-Defeating Quest for the American Dream by Tyler Cowen (5/5)

Tags
bags read how to be a father, ghost1 cringe itt, hooray for brains!, inno scared of bags itt, knowledge is power!, nerdcees