Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 01-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
Plot

Battle Record: 26-32

Plot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant future
Default 3D printers

So these are apparently gonna be the next big thing,
Cos the patent has run out on the inventors and now its gonna blow massive.
Heard stories about people 3D printing guns and shit.

But the burning question on my mind is can I make my 3D printer make me another 3d printer? Could I even get my 3D printer to make me a 3D printer that is better than my old 3D printer?
Plot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #2
...the Nagger

Battle Record: 4-4

...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future...the Nagger has a brilliant future

Yes you can make weapons which is why 3d printers are extremely dangerous
...the Nagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah bro, this shit is gone be crazy, trust. It's like opening Pandora's Box on several levels. Once genetic cloning gets to the point that some average mofos can do it, that's gone be some crazy shit too.

Think about what it's going to do to alot of these big time companies when people are able to make their own shit locally. I've already seen a few people get their hands on 3d printers and they gettin paid.

But yeah fam, that gun cloning shit gonna be crazy, I was reading that too.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
veritas
HALL OF FAME

Battle Record: 3-5

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

I still do not understand 3d printing? Is it like making exact 3 dimensional copies of things and working parts and all?
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
Batty
that nigga

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah @V

That's where it's at now. It can replicate all aspects of a weapon.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
veritas
HALL OF FAME

veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas veritas

how? lol...this is wild. and how could it just copy matter like that @ a person, like the molecules and stuff...

if you don't feel like answering, I will google.
The cerebral assassin, the molder of minds, the Omni potent being. Time transcending traveler, wisdom incarnate. Veritas needs no intro but I guess I have to. He’s not know in the battling world but who doesn’t know veritas? The guy us always original and if you pay attention to his bars, dude brings the heat.. The gawd.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #7
Batty
that nigga

Well, it's not the same as replicating matter and def not a person lol, that's why I mentioned genetic cloning seperately.

3d printers rely on scanning an object and then cutting it from supplied material. Like you could take a block of plastic and scan each part of a gun and make a working gun out of solid plastic.

This has been around for years, it's just next level now. Remember those wrestling action figures in the late 90's? They called it "Real Scan" technology. They'd do a 360 degree scan of The Rock and then scale it down and make an accurate sculpt in plastic of him. They did this with wheels and car parts as well, they could create a wheel design and a laser would etch the design on a blank rim.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #8
veritas
HALL OF FAME

dope. Good explanation. I understand now. So theoretically they could have a batch of "person soup" to draw from and clone using this tech? I want a pet velociraptor.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #9
Plot

Plot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant futurePlot has a brilliant future

Can I make a better 3D printer with my 3d Printer?
Old 01-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #10
veritas
HALL OF FAME

well wouldn't you have to have all the materials and know how it was built? and if so, why not just build it?
Old 01-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #11
Bender

Battle Record: 11-5

Bender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant future

There are a bunch of problems with making guns from a 3-d printer.

First they would be illegal because there is no seriel number.

You can not replicate a handgun that is common for example, they are not advanced enough, look up the handguns they would never work for conceal carry.

The weapon will expire and break down alot quicker than a regular weapon, there are reasons they are made with metal parts, for example the magazines they started making for AR's are only capable of lasting about 200 rounds - I believe, may not be an accurate number but I know it was pretty low.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #12
Batty
that nigga

@V - I'm sure that a different process would be involved and while we are a long ways off, I wouldn't doubt if something similar can be achieved one day.

@Plot - Do you mean use your 3D printer to scan and copy a more advanced model? That is an interesting question. I wonder what type of limitations the printers run into?

I like this topic.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #13
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
The weapon will expire and break down alot quicker than a regular weapon, there are reasons they are made with metal parts, for example the magazines they started making for AR's are only capable of lasting about 200 rounds - I believe, may not be an accurate number but I know it was pretty low.
Ye, still lethal enough though. And keep in mind 3D printers is a pretty new invention. You think it'll be like this forever? Might as well talk a shitload about this now before they do get advanced enough to make a serious threat. Don't get me wrong, I love technology and its progression, but this is downright scary.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #14
Bender

Battle Record: 11-5

Bender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant futureBender has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty View Post
@V - I'm sure that a different process would be involved and while we are a long ways off, I wouldn't doubt if something similar can be achieved one day.

@Plot - Do you mean use your 3D printer to scan and copy a more advanced model? That is an interesting question. I wonder what type of limitations the printers run into?

I like this topic.
you have to have a blue print usually, you can make one but it would have to be programmed, ie: each movable part would need to be programed into the printer just like the machines at a machine shop
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #15
Batty
that nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
There are a bunch of problems with making guns from a 3-d printer.

First they would be illegal because there is no seriel number.

You can not replicate a handgun that is common for example, they are not advanced enough, look up the handguns they would never work for conceal carry.

Yes but none of the info in any way negates the dangers that concern people, as a matter of fact it only adds to the fears.

This would be the perfect way for criminals to creat untraceable, easy to dispose weapons. You don't have to worry about buying from a licensed dealer, background checks or registrations. You wouldn't have to worry about metal detectors and you could build a small army of terrorists easily.

I'm not worried about gun enthusiasts or collectors.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #16
Plot

Can you make credit cards, can you make money?

I mean its all made out of plastic right?
Bank Notes in my country are plastic.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #17
Batty
that nigga

Whenever counterfeiting money got advanced in the past, the government had to step up their anti-counterfeiting processes. They are probably already on this tbh.

Hitler once had a counterfeiting plan that would've collapsed England making the British pound have no value basically.

Imagine somebody being able to replicate a gun out of hard plastic or resin.... Shoot somebody with it and then drop it into a small fire and disappear Ito a crowd.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #18
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

you still need real bullets.

you can't make gunpowder, you can't make shell casings that don't explode

and the guns themselves fail after a few shots. not the magazines, but the actual part of the gun that contains the explosion and fires out the pistol

vice did a doc on it, and they were doing it with ar15's. im pretty sure they still needed the main part of the ar15. the part where the barrel and stock and clip etc all plug in, and even then they failed after a number of rounds

its not realistic

you are better off buying machining equipment and making your own real metal guns
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #19
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

your plastic bank card means nothing

you need a magnetic strip with info that is unique to you

you can't just make a magic strip that will work, it needs an account to draw on and etc
uh-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #20
Plot

So what the fuck are CSI shows gonna make scripts about when we have clones running around killing people with plastic guns?

Tags
batty on point, fleshlight army, v lotsa raptor