Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 1 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #81
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Battle Record: 36-34

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

@Objective

I verses will be due saturday

Topics and threads will be up by tomorrow night. One thing you should all know about me is I'm serious and honest as shit when I want to be...Meaning if I say I will have a mag posted in this site with in the next few hours you better believe it

If I say threads will be up and running by this time tomorrow believe it
@Frank

I don't know what RIA is bro? And the only negative thing I ever said about this league is competition wise...it's not that same as the RHYME on PR. Which Nothing ever will be. When we open a league or tournament there we have 12-16 guys that can and have champed numerous sites over the past decade plus.

Don't matter though.
@ZeeDee @VERITAS @King Ra.

Last chance to make the playoffs, and make this a 14-16 man thing instead of 12

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #82
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Adonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant futureAdonis has a brilliant future

@Witty @TopicalDood5

If we do not get another 2-3 people who are eligible for postseason do either of you have any interest in receiving a separate topic and becoming the round 1 Alternate in your conference?

You would receive a random topic and be given the same amount of time to write as anyone else. Only down side is, if nobody no show's then you write a verse for nothing

PM me and let me know though ASAP please

If we get another couple members in then I will make it 14-16 man tournament and you two are the first two out as it stands though.

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #83
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

Much appreciated @Adonis. Looking forward to it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV8ozGcGJ6o
Old 06-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #84
~RustyGunZ~
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Battle Record: 52-28

Accomplishments
-50+ wins

Champed
-Summer Classic VIII
-Netcees Battle League
-BA Picture
-BA TagTeam
-Fight Night Cypher I
-Fight Night XXXV
-Key Grand Prix 2018 1/2

~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute~RustyGunZ~ has a reputation beyond repute

I should be eligible I got noshowed twice then signed out
FREE PHAROAHS ARMY
Old 06-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #85
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Yeah, if I remember though you had a total of like 12 bars in the regular season. Just guessing cause I don't remember you name and the particulars though. But as I've been in charge of writing No Show Love I remember the two no show wins and out both being hardly a verse.

Don't matter. We set it at 4 weeks participation

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #86
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Actually @Mike Wrecka @Frank @IamBenT @Zenland @pohfig etc. etc...

I think it would be much better to allow Witty and Topical Dood into the playoffs and have the 14 man tournament don't you guys?

I think it's better having only the conference champs getting a bye plus giving more competition for everyone.

What say you?

As I said, threads will be up tomorrow about 5-7pm West time

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #87
Pent uP
Robin Williams of Fallen Victims

Battle Record: 25-11

Accomplishments
- NC Hall of Fame

Champed
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- NWL Season 1
- Write Night I
- Art of Writing League (2x)
- Write Week IV

Pent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant future

Personally I think it should be top 8 and thats that. Playoffs is earned and I hate the fact you guys are letting just about everyone in. And what the fuck is participation minimum of 4 weeks? If you didn't participate (no shows shouldnt count as participation) for a minimum of half the season why should you be considered for playoffs?

I can sign in week 3 and go 4-0 and then sign out and write verses for 5 weeks and sign into the playoffs? Lol thats a joke.

But those are all guidelines from when I ran a league so whatever. The top 8 stems from the number of participants total btw- in the season overall and around for playoffs.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #88
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohfig View Post
Personally I think it should be top 8 and thats that. Playoffs is earned and I hate the fact you guys are letting just about everyone in. And what the fuck is participation minimum of 4 weeks? If you didn't participate (no shows shouldnt count as participation) for a minimum of half the season why should you be considered for playoffs?

I can sign in week 3 and go 4-0 and then sign out and write verses for 5 weeks and sign into the playoffs? Lol thats a joke.

But those are all guidelines from when I ran a league so whatever. The top 8 stems from the number of participants total btw- in the season overall and around for playoffs.
co-signed. ten seems like something that makes sense. two wildcards. this isn't a tourney. but im ok with whatever
Old 06-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #89
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohfig View Post

That's kind of the reason I calculated no Show's into the records

4 weeks minimum is just because that's better then nothing

I would be fine with the top 8, but in all honesty because the whole (division/Conference) thing I was thrown a curve ball. I'm trying to stay true to what Keith wanted in having 8 division winners making the playoffs. But I think there are writers like IAMBENT who deserve to be there. But lost to me in final week. Going into that week even I didn't try hard because it was assumed there would be more then just 8 in the playoffs. So in that sense it's not fair for people like Bent and shit.

I'm just throwing ideas out there and you opinion is added. But I will tell you now, you're getting a bye week unless you wish to forfeit the bye week and get a lower seed, or we get a waive of people to sign up ad miraculously get to 16.

Frank wants 14, Pohfig/Mike wants 8. anyone else?

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #90
Mike Wrecka
WOW

Battle Record: 29-25

Champed
- Writing Challenge League I

Mike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant futureMike Wrecka has a brilliant future

don't put me down for 8. that seems ridiculous. it was implied all along that there would be wildcards. so people should still get that chance.

I like the idea of 12. seems very fair in all respects.

it sux we were left in this position to make shit up on the fly. but lets make it happen.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #91
IamBenT
SuPreaM Lyricyst

Battle Record: 9-6

IamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant future

I dont see a prob with witty and topical. they are a-ok in my book, and good verses from them just makes the tourney that much better

also, anything above 8 sounds good to me lol cuz only 8 means im cut out, if you go by division winners

Last edited by IamBenT; 06-03-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #92
Pent uP
Robin Williams of Fallen Victims

Battle Record: 25-11

Accomplishments
- NC Hall of Fame

Champed
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- NWL Season 1
- Write Night I
- Art of Writing League (2x)
- Write Week IV

Pent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant futurePent uP has a brilliant future

No offense but you guys are letting feelings and friendships determine who u let in. If bent deserves to be in the playoffs hos record, whatever it is, would reflect it and he would be in the top 8 or whatever.

I dont understand how u guys feel people who have contributed to less then half the season - a 12 weeks season that spanned 20 weeks - deserve to participate regardless of skill for the title of champion
Old 06-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #93
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

I like the idea of 12, but I feel bad leaving Witty and Topical dood out. Not so much Topical dood cuz He was AWOL the entire league

But Witty was hell of consistent and drops gems

I just feel like with them two we add two more competitors who could champ this thing and make it that much tougher for all of us.

2-2 on topical and Witty being in though

Also @IamBenT

did you see I chose you for verse of the year. i remember reading that shit and just being floored...Like WTF??? So dope all around

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #94
IamBenT
SuPreaM Lyricyst

Battle Record: 9-6

IamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant futureIamBenT has a brilliant future

Yeah bro I saw that! I do appreciate it, I had a blast writing that verse, its been a while since I wrote to a beat (my first week here actually) and it was just my take on the poem "Thanatopsis", but i do see that and appreciate that someone actually read the verse lol.

and I have no problem with top 8 if its based on records lol but not if its based on division winners, i mean Zygote champed my division lol didnt have enough time to catch that dude
Old 06-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #95
Cereal_Killa
Licking Lily's..

Battle Record: 11-6

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Cereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant futureCereal_Killa has a brilliant future

Did y'all speak to trap, he might jump in and their is a chance he may make it a $ game..
Old 06-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #96
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Nah. He never said nothing about joining to me. Also if it was for $ as MOD you're all disqualified

I win!!

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #97
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

I voted 16.

Pohfig
Mike Wrecka
Adonis
Objective
Patrown
TopicalDood5
Red Glare
IamBent
Zenland
Frank
Zygote
Cereal Killa
Nigma
ZeeDee
Veritas

If Split doesn't sign in -- I vote for a 'free for all' for the final spot.

It shakes shit up -- It's like that movie with mark walberg -- playing for the eagles -- dude just walks on the field and trys out and makes the team like it's nothing.

Set a topic -- 16 lines max -- anybody can try out. The division winners vote on the best verse -- That person gets in -- if that person ends up winning the whole shit -- so be it -- luck of the draw.

Keep it gully kid. Not fair to pick and choose. Let them battle it out -- due 24 hrs from now --

do it
Old 06-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #98
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Again...ZeeDee and Veritas are both missing so this leaves us with 13.

Although DeadMan is not on that list and wants in...or Witty

I know he wants in and Witty's record is more deserving then pretty much half that list.

Either way.

In any case I see zero Percent chance of a person who didn't participate in the season end up joining the playoffs.

As I said before. I'm trying really hard to keep shit true to what Keith envisioned in the end, at the same time having you all pick the gray areas where me and Keith didn't discuss

But there is no picking and choosing, it's all based off record.

TUPAC SHAKUR
Old 06-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #99
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Nah witty don't deserve it in my book. Dead man was a disappointment -- except for that one verse which prolly was the best all season about the beach.

ZeeDee is not missing -- he's just disgruntled right now. Same with Veritas. They will not no-show once the playoff thread is up. That you can trust in believe in. Right now they are lurking and reading this. Sup guys? TIME FOR PLAYOFFS MOTHERFUCKER
Old 06-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #100
Adonis
Tsk Tsk

Champed
- NFL Pick'em 2016-17

Well I've asked for them to sign up

I'm not putting people in a thread that has not showed up

I got no Beef with any of them dudes

I think Veritas is one of the better writers here

And Zeedee I beefed with, but me moding will have zero bearing on him winning or losing.

So Sign up or forever hold your peace

TUPAC SHAKUR
Closed Thread