Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 01-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #81
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead man View Post
i remember being a little disappointed when you exposed yourself
not the first time ive heard that
Old 01-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #82
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split Eight View Post
not the first time ive heard that
Lmao

Witty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #83
Split

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain View Post
Fine, it's been long enough. I was Tha Talent. And I beat him in an RM tournament.

http://rapmusic.com/threads/south-11...talent.809028/

That's probably one of my favorite verses I wrote, which is why I remember.

And I swear to you that Vern Acular, Mac Flow and I had no fucking clue about Omen. Well, unless they were lying to me. But I had no idea.
I think Frank claimed to be Tha Talent at one point
Old 01-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #84
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

I think Frank has probably claimed to be everyone at one point.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #85
Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1 View Post
People still dont know who pinot is?

Lol.
Elaborate
Old 01-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #86
Split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty View Post
I think Frank has probably claimed to be everyone at one point.
Its a statistical certainty et this point
Old 01-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #87
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

That doesn't sound like something he would do unless he was joking. @Frank, come confirm. Also, do you ever talk to any of the RhymeNReason guys? I think I just convinced fLux to come here.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #88
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

I found this list from TaLi. I'm fine with this list.

Quote:
1. Richard Corey: This guy has been doing this shit at the highest levels for like, fuck, almost a decade now. Probably the all-around best writer, and he has this little thing that I sort of picked up on in my own style where he merges stories and topicals. Of the top 5 verses I've ever read he has at least 2 of them.

2. Rikoshay: Out of the other 3 of my top 5 verses that RC didn't have, Riko has 2 of them. This dude was a rhyming machine and I don't know many other writers who show the type of maturity he does through his words. The undisputable KING of topicals in my opinion. One of a kind.

3. Tha Talent: Wasn't always the best, but once he figured himself out as a writer, he was damn near unstoppable. I've always seen Talent as like, a combination of RC and Rikoshay, but not quiiiite all of either, so he gets third. Damn good writer though.

4. Black Jesus: Number 4 was the toughest one to pick. I went with my old pal BJ. VERY FEW people that I have ever come across in these leagues can pull off "clever" - "wit" - "humor" all that well. BJ was the best at this by far. Even if it was a serious topic, it still had this witty vibe. Can't explain it, just gotta read it.

5. Vern Acular: I kind of get the sense that people tend to think Vern is overrated. I think it's one of those things where everybody built him up so much that there was nothing he could do to meet those expectations. If you read his best stuff with a clear mind, I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that he's not one of the best. Before Vern, most people were writing paragraphs with single rhymes at the ends of lines, and nowhere else. Think about that impact...

6. SacriFICE: I don't really know how to explain SacriFICE's style. A lot of people start writing a verse with their mind focused on how they can possible make their rhyme schemes make sense. SacriFICE doesn't have to think about it; he just is it lol. Sometimes he loses me a bit with where he's going but when he doesn't, it's an awesome sight.

7. Pent uP: Read his sig. I meant what I said and it still stands. Well, actually he's stepped it up so he words shit better and rhymes better and flows better, but he still writes stuff that is reeeeeally hard not to relate to. Good mix of stories and topicals. One of the best around these days.

8. Howard Winter He might be ranked higher if I had seen more of his stuff but all I've ever seen is what is in this league, and when it's good, it's fucking great. Great concepts, really good writing, unforced rhymes, dunno what else anyone could ask for.

9. Three-Planes-Aligned: His record sort of lets him down because I think he lets himself down by not bringing his best every week, but like Winter, his best is among the best there is. He competes and beats the best in every league around that matters. Come to think of it, he reminds me of Winter because above all, it's the creativity of his concepts that strikes me above all. Mechanics aren't half bad either

10. Baron Mynd: I know it's hard for a lot of you to swallow this selection, and I don't blame you, though we get along, Baron has done a looooooot of asshole shit over the years and he's about as conceited as it gets. But fuck it, he has good reason to be proud of what he writes. I love to nitpick his wording sometimes, I think he worries too much about rhyming sometimes, but I can't argue with the fact that his shit is still really good.

Honorable Mention (IN ORDER)

Cormier: Almost there. One of the best storytellers around and he's getting to a point that a lot of storytellers can't, and that is: Ability to tell a good story AND have really strong mechanics and flow. Look around seriously, can you count more than 5 people who are strictly storytellers who have any sort of flow?

Nique: Probably the best flow in writing I've ever read. One of the best rhymers ever; the rhymes are pretty much NEVER forced. My biggest issue with Nique was that her mechanics always seemed to overshadow her content. She had good content for sure, but I still don't feel like I've seen her defining piece, at least yet.

Anaphora: This is kind of an oldschool pick, but he was always one of my favorite people to read. He always had great ideas; the question was always: will he step it up enough in the mechanics department to make it work, and as he evolved, he started getting to that point. I just wish he was still around.

Atheist: This dude was a reeeeeeally good storyteller. He was largely a one-trick pony but he abused that trick relentlessly. My issue with him was always his mechanics of course. He had long lines, and as he evolved, he started getting his rhymes better, but I still found it hard to get the flow. It was always a long read, but generally a very good one.

DIC: Here's another dude everyone hated/hates. I kind of see DIC as a poor-man's Black Jesus. His best pieces are some of the best I know of, but all too often, I think he got too carried away with rhymes to the detriment of his wording and content. All things considered though, he was still pretty good.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #89
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Oh shit I forgot about Nique.

She was my first inspiration on these boards.

Old 01-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #90
Vulgar
Razor-thin derision

Battle Record: 40-25

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

Champed
- Fight Night LIV
- Gimmick Battle League (2x)
- Write Week II
- Art of Writing League
- Storytelling And Topical Invitational Tournament
- STI
- Haiku Writer Challenge
- GWL Picture Challenge(2x)

Vulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant futureVulgar has a brilliant future

I always liked impolite from Rapflava, too bad he rarely competed in topicals. @Beyond @Blacketh @Plot
Vulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #91
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

nique and i had good battle times on bboys and pr when she was aliased up and i was one of the few people who had that bull dyke's picture
Old 01-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #92
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

She once said to me 'If you spent as much time working on perfecting your pieces as you do posting in the lounge you could be one of the best' or words to that effect....that is when I decided I should take the time to perfect each line instead of just keying up any random bullshit. The best advice I have ever been given, and to this day I won't post anything unless I have read over it at least 4 or 5 times.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #93
StarFaggot
Leave you flatlined.

Battle Record: 12-9

Champed
- Site Diss 2013
- Tag Team Tournament III

StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot

Wait, we have actual legends here? Certain and Pent Up? Niiiiice
Old 01-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #94
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero View Post
Wait, we have actual legends here? Certain and Pent Up? Niiiiice
Also, black, vulgar, baron mynd, oats, etc etc

There are quite a few names here who could claim that legendary tag, netcees topical scene is very strong.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #95
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

My list, which probably will be unfair to some of the people of the past seven years, would be something like this:

1. Richard Corey
2. RIKOSHAY
3. TaLi
4. SacriFICE
5. eN?gMa
6. Vern Acular
7. dead man
8. E2
9. Atheist
10. BlackJesus
11. Peril~Eyes
12. FaTHeR FLoW
13. Pulse
14. Warren Worthington III
15. oatmeal
16. Baron Mynd
17. Jowelz
18. Pent uP
19. Fracture
20. Three-Planes-Aligned
Old 01-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #96
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

@Certain where did three-planes-aligned post?

I'm nearly sure I know that name.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #97
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Champed
- AOWL Season 3

He definitely posted at Project RHYME and RapMusic, but he probably posted a few other places as well.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #98
StarFaggot
Leave you flatlined.

Battle Record: 12-9

Champed
- Site Diss 2013
- Tag Team Tournament III

StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot StarFaggot

Certain welcome to the class of elite writers, new found respect. Link me to a work you're proud of.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #99
Diode
PR's Finest

Battle Record: 12-7

Diode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond reputeDiode has a reputation beyond repute

3pa is still on PR actively.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #100
dull boy
consults Lloyd

Battle Record: 0-8

Champed
-1-2 Punch League Roast

dull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant futuredull boy has a brilliant future

I like a lot of the people named. Only Vulgar mentioned Impolite, and I have very high opinions of his writing.
dull boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all the cool kids bite, art of biting league ii, ban vulgar, biteth, biting is the cocksuck of rap, can you do the tongue clover?, christian priests diddle anii, clinton's stolen verses, i bite coz i gotta eat, number ate seed, pepper ur angus. going in dry., pit bulls never release bite, remember rolly pollies?, say it aint sulgar